Front-end Jobs nearPortland, OR
Senior Frontend Engineer
Promoboxx is the only retail marketing platform powered by brands
We enable national manufacturing brands to connect, manage, and market through their entire retail channel. We are proud to partner with leading global brands with over 3 million retailer campaigns shared. Promoboxx is transforming the way retailers and brands market together at the local level. We are rapidly expanding and we are looking for the next great engineer to join our team!
We are looking for a Senior UI/UX Engineer who will lead efforts across building, scaling and evolving our constantly growing product and infrastructure. You will work closely with our business partners to deliver new features as a part of an autonomous cross-functional squad that has been staffed with a Product Manager, Frontend and Backend Developers, QA, and Design.
You will embrace our DevOps team culture and champion owning your code across environments in our AWS cloud platform. Using an agile methodology, you will develop features alongside the frontend members of the team to ensure end-to-end performance for our users. As a teammate, you will seek ways to improve the team’s delivery and quality on a daily basis.
What you’ll do:
- Design, develop and deploy front-end applications with an emphasis on user-friendliness, robustness, and maintainability
- Collaborate closely with other engineers and become a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team
- Solve problems and experiment with new ideas. Break down existing software while working with and influencing teammates to improve overall quality and architecture
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth
Who you are:
- You are a professional software engineer with 5+ years of experience building high-performance front-end experiences
- Demonstrable proficiency writing single page applications with the React library or similar JS library/framework
- You are proficient with CSS abstraction layers (SASS, JSS)
- Experience using and wiring up RESTful HTTP APIs
- You know and care about continuous delivery and automated testing
- Experience using webpack or similar build tools
- Experience using CI/CD software or services
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
Bonus Points For:
- You have experience working in AWS and are familiar with tools like Terraform
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with Facebook Marketing and Graph API or other social APIs
What Promoboxx Can Offer You:
- Remote friendly
- Competitive salary, health benefits, stock options, and a 401K match program
- Flexible PTO for vacation, as well as sick days when you need them most
- Employee rewards program and other professional development opportunities
- An open, collaborative work environment with an amazing team and experienced leadership to help you succeed and grow
Promoboxx is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Apply now and work remotely at PromoboxxApply
Senior Fullstack Engineer
Remote work needs a different playbook. Base builds tools that help remote teams know each other better, and communicate more openly and asynchronously.
We're Matt and Jan. We're second time founders (previous companies acq by Dropbox) and makers and have recently closed our seed financing round from top US and EU investors. We're looking for our first designer to join us as founding team members.
- Designing the Base apps for web, desktop and mobile
- Establishing and fostering design-led culture and process
- Collaborating with the founders and engineers
- Talking to customers, gathering feedback and understanding what they want
High attention to detail
Experience designing with a team (ideally at a startup)
You enjoy crafting software used by hundreds of thousands of people
You can code (Framer, React, Swift) to demonstrate your ideas (or want to learn!)
You like the idea of working remotely
Apply now and work remotely at Base
Backend Engineer - Node.js
Founded in 2018 by seasoned legal, finance and procurement professionals, Alacrity is on a mission to create technologies which enhance the relationship between corporates and law firms to improve service delivery, reduce costs and manage relationships more efficiently.
If you get excited about disrupting an industry which hasn't seen innovation since the advent of email, we want to talk to you. Fun fact, 65% of our users are still on Internet Explorer but lucky for you, this is a backend role.
This is a remote-first opportunity for people residing within European timezones.
Alacrity is looking for a mid-level or senior, self-motivated engineer to join our team of 3 engineers. Although you will be surrounded by great engineers, you must be able to work independently and take initiative. We're looking for strong architectural and service-design skills as well as full appreciation of code quality standards.
- You love getting things done and deployed to the users.
- You are hungry to learn new skills and constantly strive to improve.
- You know and appreciate automated testing, clean code and documentation.
- You care deeply about your work, your team and the users.
- You want to work at a startup with a reasonable and sane working environment.
Things you will get to do
- Further develop our Node.js API.
- Create and collaborate on technical specifications for new product features.
- Review product security (security is taken very seriously here).
- Improve our AWS infrastructure.
- Constantly learn from other engineers (we take pride in thorough code reviews).
Your Ideal Skill Set
- GraphQL experience (we use Apollo).
- SQL (we use Postgres).
- Experience with devops (AWS, Docker and Terraform).
- Open and transparent workplace.
- Very light on meetings other than daily standup and weekly planning.
- Work from where you are the most productive, the whole team is remote.
- Regular company meetups.
- Your own high-spec Macbook.
- Annual budget for conferences, subscriptions, etc.
- Genuine product involvement.
- Contributory pension (for UK based employees).
- Option to work from the WeWork Moorgate office (for London based employees).
£50000 - £90000
Apply now and work remotely at Alacrity Law
Jobs farther away
Senior Backend Engineer (Node.js)
Why this role?
Build a mobile banking app that you would actually use. Seriously, we're challenging the status quo and building a premium debit card to align incentives with our members. Step aside Amex.
Work alongside a lean and highly-talented team. One of our co-founders designed the interface of the first iPhone and we launched and scaled to millions of dollars in transactional volume with a team of 2.5 engineers — ask us about it.
Our team is super collaborative and transparent. You have impact across the entire company from new product features, internal tools, or jamming on a marketing idea — no shortage of things to work on.
We're well-funded and supported by top investors — we're backed by the same investors behind companies like Airbnb, Stripe, Notion, and many others.
What does a backend engineer at Point do?
You will work to ensure integrations with key vendors are stable and reliable — our card issuer, card printer, identity verification vendors, Plaid, etc.
You will build the backend logic that powers new features. Potential examples: instant bank transfers, custom rewards — features that will enable Point to attract and retain more members.
You will build scalable infrastructure that can handle very large amounts of data with low latency.
This role would be a good fit if you…
Have been working as a backend engineer for 3+ years with at least 2 of them using Node.js, AWS, PostgresQL, and GraphQL. Usually language experience doesn't really matter to us but we're moving quickly and would like for you to have experience with our current stack.
Worked at a really small start up that went from 0 → 1 and understand how to scale backend systems.
Are thoughtful with balancing moving quickly and cautiously by testing software before shipping — given the sensitive nature of our product we need to ensure Point is reliable and secure at all times.
Have spent time working in a senior engineer role but are still excited about being a core contributor to the codebase.
Actually care about building a consumer product that has thoughtful and intuitive design across the stack — from mobile app UI to the database architecture.
Full Stack Software Engineer
Bicycle Health is a rapidly growing early stage startup that offers online Medication for Addiction Treatment (MAT) for patients with Opioid Use Disorder. We offer an evidence-based clinical program focused on MAT (Suboxone/Buprenorphine), care coordination, behavioral counseling, and support for the patient.
The Opioid Epidemic is a systemic problem - millions of Americans are physically dependent on Opioids but only 10% of Americans have access to treatment. Bicycle Health is addressing this gap by offering online, affordable, and confidential treatment with the goal of helping patients take back control of their lives. Our mission is to improve access to treatment for patients with opioid dependence and provide comprehensive care through telemedicine.
We are looking for a full stack engineer to join our cross functional team and put their talents to work towards building something that matters - directly impacting the way people overcome their opioid dependence to live productive and happy lives. Curious, passionate, and creative problem solvers seeking to learn and contribute in a high-growth environment are welcome to apply.
You can expect to:
- Build new product features and APIs for our mobile application, internal web application, and backend services using GraphQL, React, and Typescript.
- Write and perform tests, troubleshoot and implement bug fixes.
- Continuously improve our patients' experience in cross-functional partnerships with design, medical and behavioral health teams.
Skills we're looking for:
- Minimum 3-years React experience in a paid engineering position.
- Minimum 3-years Node.JS experience in a paid engineering position.
- Minimum 1-year Typescript experience in a paid engineering position.
- 3 or more years of experience building, shipping, and maintaining web applications and backend services.
- Proficiency in GraphQL, Typescript, React, Node.JS, CSS, HTML, and mobile responsive design.
- Proficiency in defining and implementing API's.
- Proficiency in defining and implementing data persistence layers.
- Experience with CI/CD and writing maintainable code.
- Ability to work independently and with cross-functional teams.
What would set you apart:
- Experience building and maintaining multiple web applications from the ground up.
- Experience with GCP, Cloud Firestore, and BigQuery.
- Experience with React Native.
- Experience with Terraform.
- Experience with Athena EHR and HIPAA.
- A mix of salary and equity in Bicycle Health. We just closed our first round of financing - get in on the ground floor!
- Work with a talented, enthusiastic and mission driven team of passionate individuals.
Location: This is a full-time 40hours per week remote position.Apply
Lead Mobile Engineer (React Native)
Point is the first mobile banking app to offer a debit card with relevant rewards and benefits like 5% back on subscriptions and purchase protection on all purchases.
Point is a better everyday spending alternative to a traditional, elite credit card like an Amex. We believe you shouldn’t have to go into debt to receive great rewards and benefits.
A engineer with a track record of shipping high quality production code using React Native, Typescript and GraphQL.
Understand the demanding nature of working in an early stage startup environment.
What we're is built in:
Our mobile tech stack consists of React Native, typescript, expo, apollo client (GraphQL), Jest testing framework.
Demonstrate a very strong grasp of connecting frontend code with backend APIs.
Fluent in React Native. Prior experience with Swift, Obj-C or Java preffered.
A strong passion for creating innovative UI interactions.
Worked in a multi-disciplinary team with an emphasis on interacting closely with designers and design engineers.
Nice to have:
Experience with native mobile app development using Swift/Obj-C or Java/Kotlin.
Experience creating fluid, GPU accelerated motion interactions.
Opportunity to be a part of a brand that is creating a new standard of financial services.
Well funded we have $10M + in recent funding from top investors.
Ground floor of a fast growing, mission-driven company.
Competitive salary and benefits.