Front-end Jobs nearPortland, OR
IT / Office Services Support Specialist
**POSITION: **IT / Office Services Support Specialist
**LOCATION: **Portland, Oregon
**CLASSIFICATION LEVEL/SALARY: **CL 24 ($38,919 - $63,254) or CL 25 ($42,975 - $69,883), depending upon experience and qualifications.
**TERM: **1 year. Conversion to permanent is possible based on budget and performance.
**CLOSING DATE: **Open until filled. Priority consideration given to applications received by November 2, 2018.
ABOUT THE COURT
The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals is one of 12 regional federal courts. Circuit courts hear appeals from the district (trial) courts located within their circuit, as well as appeals from decisions of federal administrative agencies. Headquartered in San Francisco with courthouses in Pasadena, Seattle and Portland, the Court serves nine western states, Guam and the Northern Mariana Islands. The Pioneer Courthouse is conveniently located in downtown Portland.
This position is located at the Pioneer Courthouse in Portland and will report to the Senior Deputy Clerk in Portland and Assistant IT Manager in San Francisco. The incumbent will provide both technical and general office support to Court of Appeals judges and staff, as directed. The work involves routine to moderately complex troubleshooting for hardware and software programs and systems. It also involves aspects of property and facilities management; procurement; and security. Travel to other court locations is required as needed.
• Perform automated tasks, including installing, troubleshooting, repairing and configuring hardware and software. Test and evaluate new hardware and software prior to installation.
• Provide information and guidance to staff via the Court’s IT Help Desk. Troubleshoot and provide in-person or over the phone assistance to technical problems as necessary to resolve problems. Assist with web access, word processing, and data entry issues.
• Customize hardware and software programs for local needs and train personnel in their use.
• Provide support for mobile computing devices and remote access issues.
• Prepare and maintain the documentation procedures and checklists for end users and other technicians.
• Provide information and assistance to users on applications such as word processing, electronic mail, and other applications in a Windows and iOS environment.
• Provide day-to-day systems backups and verify the validity of data. Perform inventory control duties.
• Assists with office moves and equipment set-ups in new locations.
• Create booklets, pamphlets, signage, and other materials.
• Provide general office support including customer service; reception; shipping and receiving; mail and package distribution; maintaining court records; procurement of equipment and supplies; property management; moving furniture and equipment; facilitating special events; providing tours of the historic courthouse; and being a member of the emergency response team.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Applicant must be a high school graduate or equivalent, and have one to three years of progressively responsible experience in providing information technology end user support and assisting with computer resolution. In addition, the successful candidate must also demonstrate or possess:
• Solid understanding of computer operations in a networked environment.
• Ability to implement, operate and document information technology systems considering both hardware/software issues.
• Knowledge of computer processes and hardware/software capabilities, including a general understanding of case management systems.
• Knowledge of custom off-the-shelf computer hardware and software programs including Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, and Microsoft Publisher.
• Ability to perform hardware and software installation, maintenance and trouble-shooting.
• Ability to communicate technical information effectively (orally and in writing) to end users in a manner that they can understand.
• General knowledge of mobile devices, including laptops, smart phones, and tablets.
• Good knowledge of word processing software and electronic mail applications and ability to adapt to local needs.
• Demonstrated proactive and responsive customer service skills, including excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• A professional demeanor and appearance.
• Ability to lift and move equipment up to 50 pounds.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college, university, or technical school in related field of study.
• Training experience.
• Experience working in a court or legal work environment.
• Vacation time accrues at a rate of 13 days per year the first three years; increases with tenure.
• Sick days accrue up to 13 per year; 10 holidays.
• Choice of a variety of employer-subsidized federal health and life insurance plans. Dental and vision coverage available. Optional long-term care insurance. Flexible spending account program.
• Participation in both the Federal Employees Retirement System and the Thrift Savings Plan (similar to a 401K, with employer matching).
• Mass transit subsidy (budget dependent).
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Must be a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident in the process of applying for citizenship. Positions with the U.S. Courts are excepted service appointments. Excepted service appointments are at will and can be terminated with or without cause by the Court. Employees will be hired provisionally pending the results of a background investigation and fingerprinting, and are subject to a probationary period. Employees are subject to The Judicial Code of Conduct. Direct deposit of pay required. The U.S. Court of Appeals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
An application package must include a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references.
Please submit applications through the Court’s Career Portal: https://ca9-employment.breezy….
To ensure consideration, please submit all requested materials by: November 2, 2018
Applicants scheduled for interviews should advise the Human Resources department if any accommodation will be necessary to interview. Applicants must travel at their own expense and relocation expenses will not be reimbursed.
The Court reserves the right to modify the conditions of this job announcement, withdraw the announcement, or fill the position at any time, any of which may occur without prior written or other notice.Apply