Front-end Jobs nearPortland, OR
Jobs farther away
Mobile Engineer (iOS/Android/React Native)
Are you ready to change lives with your code? Come use your engineering talents to help people living with serious diseases. We're starting with addiction, insomnia, multiple sclerosis (MS), and schizophrenia, and there's more to come. Pear’s deep knowledge and experience in the biotech space has set us up with phenomenal partnerships and a strong product roadmap. Our engineers are platform-izing our architecture and building new mobile applications.
Our team of engineers, based in San Francisco, uses a pragmatic agile process to quickly deliver treatments to patients. We treat each other well, believe in building a diverse culture of teamwork, and are serious about making Pear a place that’s good for both those who work here and the patients we serve.
As a member of the mobile team, your job is to build extraordinary mobile digital therapeutics apps that help patients. You'll take advantage of our shared platform infrastructure and component libraries, and work with the product, clinical, QA, and regulatory teams to deliver first-of-their-kind therapeutics to those in need.
Develop mobile applications for a wide range of digital medicine apps.
Assemble functional requirements, develop technical specifications, and help plan the project.
Take ownership of product quality through good testing and coding practices. Build for testing and resultant quality.
Be a meaningful part of the big picture: Work with teams across the company like Product Management, DevOps, QA, Regulatory, and Clinical to help us achieve our mission.
A track-record of high-quality production code delivery.
Knowledge of good testing practices. Practical TDD experience is a plus.
Experience with Agile development, SCRUM, or Extreme Programming methodologies.
Strong interpersonal skills and a track record of collaborating well both within and across teams.
Preferred: Experience with React Native, or native iOS or Android development.
Preferred: Experience with Docker, Git SCM, and AWS.
OUR TECH STACK:
Mobile (React** Native and Redux):** Mobile apps that patients use. We build our apps on a shared platform of in-house components that ease development and maintenance.
Web (React,** Redux, and Webpack):** The interface that doctors interact with.
API (NodeJS,** Restify, MySQL, and Postgres):** This is the shared back-end that all of our apps use.
Testing (Enzyme,** Mocha, Chai, Sinon, Appium, Jest):** We're serious about code quality, and testing is a key tool to meet our high standards.Apply
Desktop and Mobile Support Manager
**POSITION: **Desktop and Mobile Support Manager
**LOCATION: **San Francisco, CA
**CLASSIFICATION LEVEL/SALARY: **CL 29 ($84,242 - $136,974) or CL 30 ($99,571 - $161,829). Depending on salary and qualifications.
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled. Priority consideration given to applications received by November 30, 2018.
ABOUT THE COURT
The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals is one of 12 regional federal courts. Circuit courts hear appeals from the district (trial) courts located within their circuit, as well as appeals from decisions of federal administrative agencies. Headquartered in San Francisco with courthouses in Pasadena, Seattle and Portland, the Court serves nine western states, Guam and the Mariana Islands. The San Francisco courthouse is conveniently located one block from the Civic Center BART/Muni station.
For more information about the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, please visit: http://www.ca9.uscourts.gov.
The Desktop and Mobile Support Manager is responsible for the supervision of the Desktop and Mobile Support personnel, providing effective management of technical support, decision-making for escalation, prioritization of support needs, project management, and research/investigation into end-user devices for planning purposes, with the overall objective of ensuring an effective and efficient level of desktop and mobile support is provided to the court.
Other responsibilities include managing team schedules, ensuring adequate coverage, preparing reports on team workloads and issue resolution metrics. In addition, this person will create and maintain documentation for systems and procedures and ensure that security and asset management responsibilities are fulfilled.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in managing a medium to large team of technicians, as well as an expert understanding of and experience in desktop and mobile technologies, emerging trends, and support management.
• Serve as the lead and escalation point for all aspects of desktop and mobile support throughout the Court.
• Recruit, manage, and mentor a team of support technicians. Define job duties, maintain current position descriptions, hire staff, conduct performance appraisals, and manage employee performance. Regularly review the skill sets of staff and assist them in creating individual development plans.
• Develop and manage effective frameworks for managing and improving IT support in the organization.
• Research hardware, software, and infrastructure technologies. Assess business needs and develop solutions to ensure desktop and mobile technology meets business needs.
• Participate in the overall IT planning process. Consult with colleagues, peers, and the Director to assess appropriateness of new technologies. Develop technology use cases, standards, and roadmaps for the implementation of these technologies.
• Manage incidents by working with the rest of the IT organization, handling escalations, and generating reports for management review as needed. Develop and evolve escalation processes and procedures to ensure seamless support for IT customers.
• Oversee the processes for deployment, maintenance, and support of all desktop and mobile hardware, software, and operating systems.
• Work with the IT infrastructure team to coordinate support for any infrastructure changes that impact end-users and when performing troubleshooting and root cause analysis for issues with infrastructure.
• Improve user awareness and usage of IT services by coordinating all training, documentation, and communication initiatives.
• Candidates must have a minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible, successful and substantive (specialized) experience, 3 of which must be managerial, in the Information Technology field.*
- Specialized experience is defined as progressively responsible experience that is in, or closely related to, the work of the position that has provided the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position.
• Expertise in:
• PC and mobile device (particularly iOS) hardware and software troubleshooting.
• Desktop deployment and management technologies (preferably KACE / Group Policy).
• Mobile device management technologies.
• Industry standard practices for management of desktop and mobile device support teams.
• Bachelor’s degree in a computer-related field.
• Knowledge of networks including troubleshooting all aspects of wired and wireless configurations.
• Experience with Office 365, including SharePoint Online and OneDrive.
• Experience with scripting, such as PowerShell or VBScript, to facilitate desktop support tasks.
• Experience responding to the needs of multiple senior leaders within an organization.
• Experience defining and streamlining operational processes.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully resolve personnel matters.
• Vacation time accrues at a rate of 13 days per year the first three years; increasing with tenure thereafter.
• Sick days accrue up to 13 per year; 10 holidays.
• Choice of a variety of employer-subsidized federal health and life insurance plans. Dental and vision coverage available. Flexible spending account program.
• Optional long-term disability and long-term care insurance.
• Participation in both the Federal Employees Retirement System and the Thrift Savings Plan (similar to a 401K, with employer matching).
• Mass transit subsidy (budget dependent).
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Must be a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident in the process of applying for citizenship. Positions with the U.S. Courts are excepted service appointments. Excepted service appointments are at will and can be terminated with or without cause by the Court. Employees will be hired provisionally pending the results of a background investigation and fingerprinting, and are subject to a probationary period. Employees are subject to The Judicial Code of Conduct. Direct deposit of pay required. The U.S. Court of Appeals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
An application package must include a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references.
Please submit applications through the Court’s Career Portal: https://ca9-employment.breezy….
To ensure consideration, please submit all requested materials by: November 30, 2018
Applicants scheduled for interviews should advise the Human Resources department if any accommodation will be necessary to interview. Applicants must travel at their own expense and relocation expenses will not be reimbursed.
The Court reserves the right to modify the conditions of this job announcement, withdraw the announcement, or fill the position at any time, any of which may occur without prior written or other notice.Apply
Desktop and Mobile Support Manager
Desktop and Mobile Support Manager
$84,242 to $161,829*; San Francisco, California
Are you a talented IT professional seeking a work environment where you use creative IT solutions to facilitate the administration of justice? The IT Department for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit is seeking a talented Desktop and Mobile Support Manager to join our team.
• Desktop and Mobile Support Manager reports to the IT Director and serves as the lead for all aspects of desktop and mobile support;
• Oversees the processes for deployment, maintenance, and support of all desktop and mobile hardware, software, and OS;
• Participates in the overall IT planning process; consults with key stakeholders and management to assess appropriateness of new technologies; develops technology use cases, standards, and roadmaps for the implementation of new technologies;
• Improves user awareness and usage of IT services by creating and coordinating professional development endeavors and communication initiatives; and
• Recruits, manages, and mentors an IT team of support technicians; evaluates employee performance and creates professional development plans.
Seven years of progressively responsible experience in IT field with expertise in:
• PC and mobile device (particularly iOS) hardware and software troubleshooting and mobile device management technologies;
• Desktop deployment and management technologies (preferably KACE/Group Policy); and
• Three years of managerial experience (two or more employees).
• Bachelor’s degree in a computer-related field;
• Experience with Office 365, including SharePoint Online and OneDrive;
Total Rewards and Work-Life Balance
• Salary*: depending on qualifications and experience, $99,571 to $161,829 (CL 30) or $84,242 to $136,974 (CL 29)
• Time off: Up to 13 days of vacation and sick leave accrual per year; 10 paid holidays
• Benefits: Employer subsidized health and life insurance plans. Dental, vision, flexible spending account, long-term care plans available. Employer sponsored pension plan and supplemental retirement contribution plans with employer match.
• Other Perks: mass transit subsidy, reasonable work hours, team environment, creative people, and enhanced vacation accrual based tenure.
How to Apply
Apply through the Court’s Career Portal and include: 1) cover letter addressing the required and preferred qualifications; 2) resume; and 3) three professional references.
• Initial application review: week of January 2-4, 2019
• Tentative interview dates include: January 8 and 9, 2019
Conditions of Employment
• U.S. citizen or a permanent resident in the process of applying for citizenship;
• Direct deposit of pay required;
• Provisionally hired pending results of background investigation and fingerprinting;
• Positions with the U.S. Courts are at-will, excepted service appointments, and may be terminated with or without cause by the Court.
Equal Opportunity Employer.Apply
Frontend Developer - Product
Showtime Networks seeks an exceptional Frontend Developer. Ideal candidates will be innovative, self-motivated, a quick study, and willing to develop new skills while constantly improving existing abilities. The candidate must also be a strong multi-tasker with exceptional time-management skills. In this position, you will build and integrate the front and back-end frameworks for our standalone service SHOWTIME, and our TV Everywhere service, Showtime Anytime across multiple platforms.
3+ years of frontend development experience.
Background in web development
Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) is preferred but not necessary
Experience Bonus Items
High-volume clustered sites
iOS or Android development (Swift/Kotlin)
Highly scalable Node applications
Senior React Native Mobile Engineer
Rocket Insights is a small, tight-knit group of experienced engineers and designers that love building products with like-minded folks. Some of the things that we believe in: - Great UI/UX is critical; aesthetics, animations, copy and speed are all part of this - Code quality is a top priority; style guides, code reviews, best practices - Collaboration; great communication is the key to any project - Constantly curious; we’re constantly learning/evolving - A healthy work/life balance; getting home in time for dinner is important We focus on building great products with clients that we enjoy and respect. Our work has been featured in the Play Store, App Store, had books written about it, featured in the Huffington Post, received awards and, most importantly, brought delight to users. We are growing fast and looking for individuals that are passionate about the development process and not timid about working directly with clients. Our philosophy is to hire smart, client-facing engineers that can both understand the client’s business goals and write elegant code.
You love being a developer and are passionate about mobile. You are up to date on the latest trends in the ecosystem and consider yourself a thought leader. You are curious enough to constantly be trying out new things and experienced enough to know when the new shiny thing is not appropriate for a project. Most importantly, you are delivery focused. You want to ship something to users, get their feedback, and iterate. The drive to ship something enables you to take down obstacles and break hard problems into solvable chunks so that you can make forward progress.Apply