Front-end Jobs nearPortland, OR
Lead Front End Developer
America's Test Kitchen is seeking a seasoned front-end developer responsible for leading our next.js/react based application efforts by building and maintaining applications that integrate with a variety of APIs. Your primary responsibility will be to design and develop these applications, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Thus, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and building quality products is essential.
Our ideal candidate has 5+ years of ES6, Node, and React experience. Additionally, the ideal candidate loves to continuously learn and apply new technology to interesting challenges.
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable React code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Work with 3rd party applications and vendors
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation.
- Work closely with QA, Product, Marketing, and Design team members to iteratively improve upon key aspects of our business
- Good understanding of the syntax of ES6, Node, and React along with their nuances
- Solid understanding of Styled Components
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful
- Strong background in working with APIs both as the client and the service
- Experience with popular front end web application frameworks
- A knack for writing clean, readable code
- Experience with both external and embedded databases (Postgres, Redis, etc)
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Implementation of automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (ex. Git, Mercurial or SVN)
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Ability to thrive in a highly collaborative, remote team environment (we spend a lot of time on Google * Meet/Hangouts and Slack screen sharing)
- Bonus points: Experience with GraphQL, NGINX, Heroku, and Algolia
We are a largely remote team that also leaves the door open at our beautiful space in the Seaport District, should you be looking for a change in workplace scenery.
Hard work and a love for your craft are paired with:
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent work-life balance
- Strong mostly-remote engineering team with lots of experience and tenure at ATK
- An open mind towards new and emerging technologies
- A lot of free cookbooks
- Not to mention, an impressive collection of custom slack emojis
Why America’s Test Kitchen:
We're passionate about cooking, and about creating the best place to work. We're small enough for your ideas to make a big impact, and large enough to offer you opportunities to grow professionally at any stage of your career. We want you to take risks and make mistakes — that's how innovation happens in our test kitchen, in our offices, and in life.
We at America’s Test Kitchen believe food media can be a powerful force for social change. We are passionate about building an inclusive workforce that represents many different cultures, backgrounds, abilities, identities, and perspectives.
We welcome your application.
Apply now and work remotely at America's Test Kitchen
As a Full-stack developer at Clevertech you will actively contribute to creating software solutions that will set industry standards. You will work alongside some of the best in a collaborative environment while focusing on your core skills. Be a master of your craft while being 100% remote and never have to worry about filling in timesheets.
7+ years of professional experience (A technical assessment will be required)
Senior-level experience in the front-end (React) and back-end (Node, Express, Mongo, SQL)
Additional Java experience will be advantageous
Ability to create clean, modern, testable, well-documented code
English fluency, verbal and written
Personality traits: Professional, problem solver, proactive, passionate, team player.
Learn more about Clevertech
Apply now and work remotely at Clevertech
Senior Frontend Developer
Are you a Web Developer who is deeply passionate about the web and loves to make user experiences fascinating and dynamic? Do you possess technical creativity combined with strong coding skills, deep understanding of enterprise systems and know that our existing customers demand great things for their custom solutions?
FayeBSG is a global technology company that helps companies grow by successfully creating, customizing, implementing, and managing industry leading customer experience, CRM, and ERP software platforms to meet ever evolving business needs. As a SugarCRM Elite partner and the 2020 Sugar Global Reseller of the Year, FayeBSG is also a leading partner with Sage, Zendesk, Salesforce, HubSpot, and a variety of other products. We also build our own line of add-on products and offer custom software solutions.
Work with FayeBSG and make a difference in real and measurable ways. We believe in hard work, professionalism, personal & professional growth, and being the best at what we do. Do you love software? Our values support the belief that anything is possible, and we’re looking to add members to the team who feel the same. We invite you to explore exciting career opportunities with one of the leading software and professional service companies in the industry.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive and code solutions for customers that enable innovative solutions
- Collaborate with other key stakeholders to deliver on time tested and reusable code in a fast-paced environment
- Identify business need and adapt solutions that align with the customer’s brand
- Work with professional services leadership and others to create technical solutions
- Evaluate and identify appropriate technology choices
- Explore and evangelize new software design and architecture
- Adapt to a fast-paced collaborative environment
- Possess strong written and verbal communication abilities, flexibility, and commitment to meeting deadlines are a must
Technical Skills and Experience Desired
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field of study.
- Experience with any of popular backend MVC Frameworks (Express, Laravel, Django, Ruby on Rails..)
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience with web technologies to include:
- Expert knowledge of compatibility and cross-browser issues
- Able to iterate quickly turning mockups into HTML and CSS
- A passion for the end-to-end solutions that drive the user experience and customer satisfaction
- Experience caring for the technical needs of sites, apps and integrations with high volume traffic
- Thorough understanding of how a mobile user experience differs from the experience on a web or other application
Professional Skills & Experience
- Proactive, creative participation in the execution of projects
- Ability to translate business requirements into software solutions and understand customer needs
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and writing skills
- Strong team-oriented skills (programming on the same project with other team members)
- Ability to meet deadlines, make autonomous decisions and exercise good judgement
- Adept at working from home
Performance Factors & “Soft Skills”
- Highly self-motivated and hard working
- Caring about clients
- Positive, can do, “anything is possible” attitude
- Love of software
- Significant attention to detail
- Demonstrable energy, determination, and persistence
- Sense of humor
Performance and attitude consistent with FayeBSG Values:
- Take Care of Our Clients
- Anything is Possible Attitude
- Move Fast
- Innovation Rules
- Commitment to Growth
- Conscious & Enthusiastic Teamwork
- Own What Happens
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status or medical condition.
Apply now and work remotely at Faye Business Systems Group
Jobs farther away
React Angular Software Engineer
MakeMydeal, a new Cox Automotive company, specializes in creating the absolute best online communication experience for automotive car purchases today. This is an exciting time for our business as we have developed a leading eCommerce solution that helps automotive consumers connect with car dealerships to agree on the terms of their deal online before visiting the dealership.
Technology We Use:
Develop new or maintain existing programs based on specifications
Develop, implement and maintain unit tests of programs
Actively participate in agile team activities
Participate in functional test planning and testing for the assigned applications, functional areas or projects
Participate in problem solving and troubleshooting for the assigned applications, functional areas or projects
Share knowledge by effectively documenting work
Stay current with changes in the technical area of expertise
Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of the assigned applications, functional areas or projects
Actively support MakeMyDeal products across web and mobile platforms