Front-end Jobs nearPortland, OR
Software Build and Release Engineer - 10564
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Software Build and Release Engineer - 10564
Job Location: USA - OR - Wilsonville
Job Category: Software Quality Assurance
Work in the Build & Infrastructure Group (BIG) of the Calibre product line to assist the Development Engineering and Quality Assurance teams to configure, compile, and test the multiple product configurations and platform environments necessary to support product development and release operations. Duties will include:
• Executing software builds
• Contributing to enhancing the build and release infrastructure and process e.g. migration from CVS to Git
• Participating in projects to support and qualify compilers and Unix OS's and helping to port 3rd Party and approved Open Source software to our supported platforms.
• Responding to questions and requests for assistance in the BIG help queue
• Working closely with the rest of the BIG team on various projects to support the Design to Silicon Division's build, development, test, evaluation and release of its products.
• Technical degree in Computer Science or equivalent is required.
• Proficiency in Unix/Linux operating system environments required.
• The qualified candidate should have good working knowledge and working experience with compilers, Makefiles, configuration management procedures, and Unix operating systems.
• Ability to use shell scripting and interpreted software languages (e.g. Perl, Tcl/Tk, Python) to solve operational issues is required for job success.
• Experience with modern source code control systems like git is desired.
• 5+ years of related experience is desired.
• The candidate must have good written and verbal communication skills; be self-motivated and able to work independently; exhibit a service-oriented attitude; and be able to work closely with the product development and quality assurance engineers in a world-wide, multi-site development environment to both gather requirements and work with them to successfully deploy solutions.
This position may require access to export-controlled technology. If an export license is required and Mentor Graphics elects to apply for such a license, then candidates must be approved and licensed by the applicable government authorities as a condition of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, color, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.Apply
Jobs farther away
Senior QA Automation Engineer-Storefront/UI
Wayfair is currently seeking Software QA Engineers to join us to help improve all aspects of e-commerce websites. Our team is expanding and is an integral part of our software development cycle. Our methods are collaborative, our group is inclusive, and our minds are exploratory. We encourage skill building, knowledge sharing, and professional growth. Above all: We love breaking things!!!
You will be responsible for advocating for the quality and usability of the websites UI, be a strong partner to our Business and Engineering stakeholders, and help Wayfair customize its systems to deliver on our customer experience. Example teams that this person will provide testing for are Homepage, Navigations, Shop the Look, Media, and WayUp. Our ideal engineer has a background testing UI and fast iteration in an agile environment.
What you’ll do:
Define, compose, and evaluate test plans
Work with growing QA teams to implement new processes
Propose design improvements and advocate for our end users
Be a quality advocate for the software / teams throughout the product life cycle
Work with Business and Engineering stakeholders in our collaborative culture
Creatively try to break our website, via hands-on and scripted testing, before our customers
Who you are:
You enjoy breaking things
You have desire to learn in a constantly evolving environment
You have strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
You enjoy working in a collaborative, fast-moving cultur and a familiarity and passion for browser technology
You have at least 2+ years of experience in a Quality Engineering, or similar, role with the ability to do both manual and automation testing
You have Experience working in an Agile development environment.
You have Codeception \ Selenium or any other UI automation tool knowledge.
You have Familiarity with Chrome Development tools
You are strongly motivated to apply technical skills to solve tough problems with automation.
You are passionate about implementing best practices in testing.
You have strong attention to detail, ability to prioritize tasks and work autonomously and an adaptive personality with the ability to function in a fast-paced environment.