Front-end Jobs nearPortland, OR
Senior Front End Developer
We are looking for an experienced full-stack developer, focused on web front ends, to lead the development of our product UI/UX.
We are a cyber security company with many projects. Our web application is multi-lingual and has a base set of functionality, but we have an extensive list of features in our goal of a peerless product. Architecting, understanding our extensive backend, and implementing these features would be about 95% of your time. Additionally, our marketing websites are multi-lingual and updated about once per month, so this would be about 5% of your time.
We're developing innovative solutions to age-old information security problems - and we need your help.
PolySwarm is a marketplace that produces crowdsourced threat intelligence (malware detection today, more tomorrow).
No one has done this before. We'll get things wrong - that's okay! With your help, we'll get fewer things wrong, identify mistakes earlier, and improve processes to prevent future missteps.
You're in on the ground floor - you'll have a say in what we do and how we do it. By joining PolySwarm, you'll be joining a dynamic team on the bleeding edge of information (computer) security and blockchain - answering questions few have thought to ask.
If You Are:
- familiar with Python or Rust
- experienced at creating clean/efficient UX
- experienced building both the front-end and back-end for a web application
- experienced with payment processing services like Stripe
- experienced at developing/managing a multi-language web application
- proficient in speaking/writing/reading English
… then we are interested in you.
The Ideal Candidate Is
independently motivated & self-directing
introspective: able to identify weak spots / problem areas in our existing processes or code and suggest / implement solutions
interested in creating a top quality user experience for both desktop and mobile users
interested in web application development
has an eye for design
- Competitive salaries
- Excellent health, dental, vision coverage
- Paid vacation days
- Flexible work hours - we have core hours on weekdays during US business hours, but outside of scheduled meetings, but if you want to start a little earlier or stay a little later, that's up to you..
- Remote Ok - You can work remotely, or you can work from one of our offices when this Covid-19 stuff ends.
- Powerful servers, laptops, desktops - whatever you need to be most productive!
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
The PolySwarm Team is made up of InfoSec veterans with decades of experience in government and industry. We’re driven to improve the threat intelligence landscape for ourselves, our clients and the industry at large. By providing robust incentives that align participants’ interest with continued innovation, PolySwarm will break the mold of today’s iterative threat intelligence offerings.
All PolySwarm (Co-)Founders are also members of Narf Industries, LLC, a boutique information security firm specializing in tailored solutions for government and large enterprises. Narf operates on the cutting-edge of InfoSec, blockchain and cryptographic research, having recently completed a blockchain-based identity management project for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) as well as several cutting-edge partial homomorphic encryption projects on behalf of DARPA.
For more about the team and the team's advisers, head over to: https://polyswarm.io/team
To see our web application, head over to: https://polyswarm.network
What we use:
- React, Redux
- Elastic Search
Apply now and work remotely at PolySwarm
Full Stack Engineer
GooseChase is a rapidly growing, fully remote web and mobile platform for creating and facilitating scavenger hunts. Through our website, organizers create custom "hunts" for anything from on-boarding new employees, touring museums, engaging at festivals, educating students and more! Participants can compete as teams or individuals to submit photo/video, text or GPS based missions through our native Android and iOS apps.
The key technologies we use are:
- Front-End: TypeScript with React (Redux architecture), HTML, SCSS & Webpack.
- Back-End: K8s, Docker, Django, REST (Tastypie), Task Queuing (Celery, Redis), Postgres, Nginx, Gunicorn.
Because of the flexibility and ease-of-use of our product, we have successfully powered game types ranging from festival-wide competitions, with thousands of dollars in prizes, to K-12 classroom lessons on government types, featuring gummy bears to help demonstrate the differences between a dictatorship and a democracy!
Seeing the different ways the product can be used, and the joy it creates in those who participate, is an incredibly rewarding experience & is something we’d love to share with you as well!
As a Full Stack Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to create new, exciting features for our user base of game organizers and game participants. You will work directly with our design and mobile teams to bring feature mock-ups to life, delighting our users and ensuring the delivery of high-quality code that focuses on reliability and performance.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Being familiar and up-to-date with the platform functionality (online game manager & participant mobile apps).
- Working with our customer success & design teams to understand the motivations for a feature & coding it with those objectives in mind. Put another way, we want you to know why you are doing what you’re doing!
- Developing the front and back-end components for new features that will help game organizers run games more effectively while delighting participants in new and unexpected ways.
- Participating as a member of the development team - contributing to PR reviews, sharing learnings so the rest of the team can improve, etc.
- Working under limited supervision with significant latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
The candidate for this position must be:
- At an intermediate to advanced level in both front-end and back-end web/application development (can be personal projects and/or work experience).
- Possessing a strong command of programming best practices in autonomous and collaborative work.
- Able to take ownership of work, maintaining high standards of performance, reliability & security.
- An excellent communicator, problem solver, and creative thinker.
- Located within, or has regular working hours within North American time zones (UTC-5 to UTC-8) to ensure sufficient overlap with our distributed product team.
Although not required, it would be a big plus if the candidate had past experience:
- Working with React, Django, and Docker.
- Working with smaller teams, especially in a remote setting.
- Fully remote work - work whenever/wherever/however you want.
- Competitive compensation, including stipends for equipment, co-working spaces, etc.
- Join a company that is profitable & growing quickly, but still prioritizes doing the right thing over everything else.
- Significant learning opportunities - whether it’s learning about other parts of the business or taking on more responsibility, we expect everyone on the team to be continually looking to grow.
Apply now and work remotely at GooseChase
P T Full Stack Developer
You’ll be working on big, exciting projects like optimizing our social media post queueing system, building out UI components using React, adding support for social media platform-specific features like native video, and getting our onboarding juuuust right so that every user has a mind-blowing experience from their very first login.
Today Edgar is built with Rails, Postgres, and React. We do our best to write solid, well-tested code and we keep an eye out for new technologies that improve our development experience.
You’ll be joining our small Product & Engineering team, working daily with:
- Chad, Engineering Director
- Kevin, Product Director
- Yuta, Senior Full-Stack Developer, who also serves as our Lead Architect
- Mark, Senior Full-Stack Developer
- Sarah, Usability Project Manager, who also serves as our dedicated QA
And you’ll also be frequently working alongside Kristina and Megan on our Customer Experience team.
Spoiler alert Take a sneak peek at this position's current "Work Agreement" here: http://ed.gr/ptfsdev
(We write these up with every employee at MeetEdgar and update them at least once a year to make sure we're all on the same page about how we're being evaluated and what types of expectations surround our roles.)
Apply now and work remotely at MeetEdgar
Jobs farther away
React Angular Software Engineer
MakeMydeal, a new Cox Automotive company, specializes in creating the absolute best online communication experience for automotive car purchases today. This is an exciting time for our business as we have developed a leading eCommerce solution that helps automotive consumers connect with car dealerships to agree on the terms of their deal online before visiting the dealership.
Technology We Use:
Develop new or maintain existing programs based on specifications
Develop, implement and maintain unit tests of programs
Actively participate in agile team activities
Participate in functional test planning and testing for the assigned applications, functional areas or projects
Participate in problem solving and troubleshooting for the assigned applications, functional areas or projects
Share knowledge by effectively documenting work
Stay current with changes in the technical area of expertise
Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of the assigned applications, functional areas or projects
Actively support MakeMyDeal products across web and mobile platforms
Senior Software Engineer, Frontend
Front end engineers at HubSpot drive the implementation and design of our products’ user interface. They build the experience each customer has when interacting with the HubSpot product. We develop our web applications to the highest standard and each engineer is given the tools to start contributing from the very start.
We build all our products using a combination of React, Redux, ES6 and SASS. Check out our product blog to find out how we're experimenting with React and PlanOut.
What we are looking for
Previous software engineering experience
Demonstrated empathy for design and UX best practice
You're comfortable with HTML, CSS and related technologies
Bonus points for ES6, SASS, Redux or Flux
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as the 'perfect' candidate. HubSpot is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.Apply