Front-end Jobs nearPortland, OR
Senior Back End Engineer
We are building some really exciting sh*t at x.ai
At x.ai, we're building artificial intelligence super-powered productivity software. The software schedules meetings for our customers automatically. It avoids the typical back and forth over emails and negotiates when and where the meeting is to happen. The software uses state-of-the-art machine learning in our production environment. We're looking for a self-motivated and experienced individual to join us on the journey in building this new frontier. You’ll get to work side by side with a group of focused and passionate individuals in a fully distributed setting.
- Be a main driver and contributor in building, testing, instrumenting for analytics, and deploying user-centric features to production end to end – own and drive the full cycle of building web applications, API and system integrations from system design to deployment
- Take ownership of our technical stack: drive improvements to address system complexity and tech debt, define and champion best practices of software development
- Actively participate in collaborative brainstorming and design, identifying defects or discrepancies in requirements and resolves with appropriate stakeholders
- Leverage your UI/UX experience to advocate, drive and implement user-friendly features
- Collaborate on feature implementation from UI design (using and improving on our style guide) to system implementation, to optimize for usability, execute these features end to end, including testing and monitoring in production
- Be customer obsessed: Identify and build metrics or tools to help us understand customer behavior and work closely with Product to develop new features to drive customer delight
- Able to find the right tool for the job. Quickly evaluate different libraries but not afraid to roll your own stuff
5+ years of relevant experience
Expert in Typescript
Expert in API integrations
Expert in Node.js
Experience in React
Experience in CSS/SCSS
Experience in development tooling like NPM and Gulp, and front-end testing frameworks
Strong written and verbal communication skills
+/- 8 hours from EST
Thrives in a fully remote setting
Intellectually curious, collaborative, self-motivated, fast learner that is comfortable with uncertainties - evolve as needed, flexibility is key!
Apply now and work remotely at x.ai
Jobs farther away
Principal Staff engineer
About the role:
As a product manager at COVID.MD, you will create telehealth solutions to help the world combat the COVID-19 infection.
You’ll have opportunities to:
Help save people's lives.
Lead technical decisions in the company.
Own large mission-critical projects.
Solve complex problems.
Provide and organize telehealth solutions.
Create data visualizations to map contagion, transmission and other critical data.
What we are looking for:
Experience delivering and supporting complex enterprise projects.
Experience supporting production environments.
Experience of collaboration involving TDD and pair programming.
Expert in a programming stack with one or more of the following:
10+ years working on Golang or JVM-based technologies.
Experience with the following areas:
Performance analysis and optimization.
Instrumentation, logging, and metrics.
Designing and implementing service APIs.
Excellent interpersonal skills, both spoken and written English.
A self-starter, who is comfortable in a highly dynamic environment and prepared to engage with others to determine the overall team direction.