Front-end Jobs nearPortland, OR
Jobs farther away
Pr. Full Stack Mobile Engineer
Careers that Change Lives
Based in San Jose, California, Klue is a digital health start-up developing a groundbreaking operating system for behavior tracking and change. We were acquired by Medtronic in 2019 and have an ambitious roadmap ahead to combine our technology with Medtronic’s systems to help millions of patients around the world.
Klue’s automatic meal detection capabilities hold great promise for improving the quality of life and health for individuals living with diabetes. Automatic meal detection paves the way for a fully autonomous closed loop artificial pancreas system, delivering insulin at the start of a meal without user intervention. Furthermore, Klue’s mealtime bolus (insulin injection) reminder module helps people with insulin-dependent diabetes improve their medication adherence and glycemic control.
Klue is looking for a bright and enthusiastic Pr. Full Stack Mobile Engineer to join our team. You should think about joining us if you care about having a lasting impact on people with diabetes and other chronic conditions, and if you are passionate about developing high quality software and delivering best-in-class user experiences across a wide range of mobile and wearable platforms.
A Day in the Life
As a Pr. Full Stack Mobile Engineer, you would be involved in the following activities:
• Specify, design, implement, test and maintain new features and functionality for our mobile apps, wearable apps and the supporting cloud infrastructure.
• Be a technical leader within the company, performing code and design review and contributing to processes which drive higher quality and better performance.
• Further develop our overall software architecture adding further flexibility to support a growing number of wearable devices, mobile platforms and patient use-cases.
• Build robust monitoring, metrics and QA infrastructure with the goal of improving system reliability and surfacing issues early and providing data and visualizations to aid troubleshooting efforts.
• Support teams and engineers in the larger organization, fostering productive relationships through which we can get things done quickly and with minimal overhead.
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
• Designs, develops, tests, debugs and implements operating systems components, software tools and utilities.
• Determines systems software design requirements.
• Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to increase efficiency.
• Generates systems software engineering policies, standards and procedures.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical discipline.
• 7+ years of experience with a Bachelor’s degree or 5+ years of experience with a Masters degree.
Nice to Have
• MS In Computer Science or related technical discipline.
• Experience writing apps for wearable devices (Apple Watch, Fitbit, WearOS, etc.)
• Experience in developing high quality mobile apps and their corresponding web services.
• In-depth experience of multiple cross-platform mobile development stacks (e.g. Flutter, React-Native) and web service frameworks (e.g Flask, Django, express.js).
• Experience applying machine learning to solve problems.
• Experience working in the health or medical devices industry.
• Experience with cloud computing environments (AWS/Azure/GCE)
• Self-starter and quick learner.
• Critical thinking and change agility.
• Strong specification, design, implementation and testing skills.
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills. Self-driven to find and fix the root cause of issues.
Position will be based out of the Medtronic/Klue office in San Jose.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)Apply