Ethyca (https://ethyca.com) is a high-growth Series A startup building the trust infrastructure of the internet. Ethyca’s platform powers data privacy for businesses facing regulations like GDPR and CCPA all over the world. We do this by building world-class tools, developer-friendly APIs, and secure, deployed applications to make it easy for our customers to integrate all their systems together to provide their users with powerful rights over their personal data.
As Ethyca's inaugural UX engineer, you’ll be responsible for designing our developer experiences from the initial mockups all the way through the front-end framework, and consulting on implementation. As a member of the product team, you’ll help to distill product requirements into low- or high-fidelity wireframes and facilitate a seamless transition to implementation with the engineering team. Your super power is understanding complex engineering concepts and translating them into a user experience for non-technical users across any enterprise vertical: lawyers, product managers, and business operations resources.
What you will do
* Champion UX best practices to ensure we’re all making informed design decisions together.
- Work with product and engineering team to craft achievable design solutions using your experience (or dribbble and codepen search skills!) that can be implemented quickly and will lead to immediate value for the user community.
* Build prototypes, wireframes and high-fidelity mockups using design tools like Invisio, Figma and Sketch to workshop and develop on requirements.
* Build prototypes or bootstrap components using React or Angular to help convey an idea to other engineers and stakeholders.
Who you are
- A former or current engineer, or just an engineer at-heart. You have at least 3 years of experience implementing front-end web technologies (oo js, react, angular etc) and against web standards including html5 and css3.
- A skilled designer and eager to learn. You have at least 4 years experience designing and building product experiences for end-users and have shipped design for a product used by a significant user base. You have a have a strong understanding of user-centered design and product thinking when making design decisions, and you back that understanding with compelling design solutions. You are able to quickly build up an understanding of all experiences and touch points that go into delivering value to our customers.
- An empathetic interaction designer. You craft high quality, end to end experiences. You build straightforward user flows, information architecture, and utilize the tenants of strong interaction design in your work. You leverage design systems for consistency and pay attention to the details of each screen. You work with engineers to ship experiences that are usable and aesthetically pleasing.
* Firm believer in user-centered design thinking. At Ethyca, our users are lawyers, business operations, and engineers; your being an engineer and bridging compliance/privacy needs with design for a diversity of user types is instrumental to the success of the product. You enjoy learning from customers and team members, and you’re comfortable participating in research regularly to test, clarify or validate assumptions. You know how to measure the results of your work and understand its downstream effects on users and compliance rqeuirements.
- A skilled written communicator. You are comfortable writing in-product copy and light technical education materials. You believe in the power of succinct, efficient copy for the product, documentation and internal communication to the product engineering and design teams.
We are hiring US-based candidates for this remote role with a preference toward candidates in the NYC area as the role will require East coast working hours.
- Competitive cash + equity compensation
- 100% medical and dental insurance coverage
- Flexible office hours & vacation policy
- Parental leave
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other protected characteristics.
Ethyca is a distributed team with headquarters in NYC and remote workers across the US. When it’s safe to meet again, you’ll have the opportunity to travel to NYC a few times a year for company events. We are currently unable to sponsor visas so require that you are authorized to work in the USA.
We’re an engineering company building a missing piece of the Internet’s infrastructure: the trust layer that empowers users and businesses to manage data respectfully. Every day, we’re solving challenges for customers and thinking about the future of human rights as society increasingly moves online. If this sounds intriguing and you’re excited to shape that future with us, we’d love to talk to you!
Apply now and work remotely at Ethyca
Front End Developer
Who are we
SuprNation is a technology company founded in 2015 to serve as a home for some of the most competent and creative people in the iGaming industry. Our first product was launched in the summer of 2016, a casino determined to deliver a better user and gaming experience than what is currently available. It’s about time for someone to come along and shake up this industry. SuprNation plans to be that someone.
Our tech stack
- Scala, Java
- GCP, K8s
We are looking for a Front End Developer to join us in designing, developing and maintaining premium web experiences for our consumers. You are a forward-thinking individual who enjoys taking initiative and diving deep into emerging technologies. You thrive on challenging yourself daily and seek to surround yourself with like-minded individuals. Then this is the job for you!
- Develop new cool user-facing features
- Collaborate closely with back-end and front-end engineers to develop new and maintain existing systems
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent is an asset
- Experienced with mobile web development
- Experience in delivering high value, heavy UI front-end products
- Experience using Typescript
- Experience with RxJS Observable patterns is considered an asset
- Experience with front-end frameworks such as Angular and React
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Excellent communication skills
- Lab days - Bi-weekly, employees has a whole day to investigate any technology, topic and concepts which they are interested in to ensure there is no technical debt
- Personal setup - We believe that developers are craftsmen and should pick their equipment and tools; this includes mobile, laptop, monitor etc.
- Vacation days, sick days and national holidays - We do not differentiate between remote or on-site employees, and we believe they should have equal benefits
- Flexible timing
- Relocation opportunities
Apply now and work remotely at SuprNation
Senior Fullstack Developer
Join us at magical times where you’ll play a pivotal role in further developing and improving our UI development utilizing your expertise implementing React components and workflows.
We're currently in a phase of maintaining, fine-tuning and improving the status quo of our SDKs, and bethink of what we assume to be most important - improving the developer experience and ease to use.
- You'll be working closely with the core teams that build our UBQ Engine and our CreativeEditorSDK.
- You'll be essential in improving developer experience and product versatility by leveraging our technologies to build multiple demonstrators and appliances.
- This includes some full fledged unreleased B2C products as well as use case specific show-cases for a multitude of different products. This includes custom editors for postcards, sodical-media, apparel and more.
- You’ll build and implement pixel perfect UIs, boostrap backends and services that are directly connected to our APIs and SDKs.
- You’ll collaborate with your fellow developers, designers to directly convert ideas to real products.
- You have expertise developing professional frontends in React, Angular, VueJS or similar.
- You have expertise in creating small backends with modern technologies like Next.js, Ruby on Rails 5, or similar technoligies.
- You have a passion for technology and design.
- You are passionate about developing creative tools that help create stunning content.
- You like to work self-sufficient and feel comfortable with jumping in at the deep and, but that's okay, 'cause you are convivial fellow and social butterfly.
Apply now and work remotely at IMG.LY
Experienced Rails and or Mobile Software Engineer
Who We’re Looking For:
MyHealthTeams is looking for a mid-level or senior software engineer to join our development team. You’ll be part of a small, agile group that’s building and managing the fastest-growing social networks for people living with chronic health conditions. We are full-stack developers building both hybrid mobile apps and back-end services.
Our native apps are built with Ionic/Apache Cordova + Angular. Our back-end stack is built around Ruby on Rails, Foundation, jQuery, and MongoDB running on AWS.
We’re looking for developers with some experience in any of these core technologies, and with a readiness to learn and grow in others.
What We’re Looking For:
Familiarity with TDD/BDD
- Love of clean code
- Willingness to work on every part of the stack. Everything from native app development and full-stack Rails development to DevOps
- Motivation to work on something that makes a difference
- Bonus points for Zurb Foundation or Elasticsearch
This is a full-time position. Due to COVID-19, it is a remote position; however, if/when we can go back to an office environment, you will have the opportunity to work in our downtown San Francisco office or our midtown Sacramento office. Option to work remotely in the states in which MHT operates is possible for the right candidate. We are offering a great opportunity to make a difference in the healthcare space.
- Our corporate headquarters is in San Francisco. We have an office in Sacramento and teams on both the West and East Coasts.
- Everyone here believes in the company mission, and we are committed to serving people facing chronic conditions.
- A close-knit, hard-working company where everyone respects everyone else’s contribution to our success.
- We truly care about our employees and value a healthy work-life balance to ensure nobody burns out or feels overworked. A few of the ways we put this into action:
- Every month during the pandemic, there has been at least one company-paid holiday (and we’re planning to continue that into the future).
- We don’t deploy to production on Fridays, because if anything goes wrong, we don’t want anyone working over the weekend.
- We respect the working hours in your time zone. So regardless of where you’re located, work the hours that are best for you (as long as there is some overlap with the Pacific Time working day).
- At MyHealthTeams, we believe in investing in people with diverse experiences and backgrounds to help improve the lives of people facing chronic health conditions. To do this, we seek to:
- Attract and hire a diverse workforce
- Cultivate an environment where colleagues feel welcomed and supported
- Nurture the professional growth of employees
A Few Perks
- Unlimited PTO
- Competitive pay, benefits, and equity
- 100% remote option
MyHealthTeams is a 60+ person mission-driven company that creates social networks for people facing chronic health conditions. We believe that if you’re diagnosed with a disease such as MS, lupus, breast cancer, or diabetes (to name a few), it should be easy to find support, trusted information, and the best people around to help you. With social networks in 41 different chronic conditions and over 2.5 million members, MyHealthTeams is the fastest-growing social network in chronic health. Three years from now, if you’re diagnosed with a chronic condition, we believe your doctor will prescribe one of our social networks because being engaged in one of them will actually improve health outcomes. We develop partnerships that empower and are transparent to our members. We believe that a business can “do good” while “doing well.”
Apply now and work remotely at MyHealthTeams