- Job type: Permanent
- Experience level: Senior
- Role: Senior React Developer Location:
- Location: United Kingdom - Remote
- Industry: Agile Software Development
- Company size: 1-10 People (growing)
We need an ambitious, motivated and talented developer to join our team building the next generation of software aimed at the not-for-profit sector.
We are a n3o - A UK based startup with a distributed development team.
What we're looking for:
We are looking for a React JS developer to work alongside the backend team on our CRM system. You will be working as part of a globally distributed team so this role is open to candidates based anywhere in the UK. This takes a high level of motivation and the ability to self-manage. This role requires excellent written and verbal English communication skills and the ability to communicate professionally with both technical and non-technical people.
The role is unique in that not only will you be working with exciting technology and a talented & enthusiastic team, you have the chance to be part of something truly worthwhile developing software that helps not-for-profits do more to help some of the most vulnerable people in the world. We want you to be as excited about this prospect as the rest of the team are!
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000
Perks: Working hours: Flexible. Friendly team and value-led organisation, generous training allowance, 22 days holiday & regular staff meet-ups
Apply now and work remotely at n3o LtdApply
Senior Full-stack Engineer (Python, JS)
About the role
Draftable API is our cloud API service for comparing documents, powered by our world-class Draftable technology. It is one of our two main products. Over the last year, we’ve been experiencing strong growth and we are now looking for an excellent generalist to join our team.
You will be the technical lead for Draftable API and oversee much of web infrastructure. You will be working with our Product Lead and other team members to prioritize and build features.
You will spend at least 80% of your time thinking about how to implement things and writing code.
- You have 5+ years of experience with Python (Django, Django REST Framework).
- You have at least a year of experience with React.
- You are independent and self-reliant. You are happy working on a task by yourself but you will take initiative to involve other team members when necessary.
- You have a strong awareness of efficiency and computer science fundamentals (but you don’t need to know this stuff cold like a grad).
- You appreciate the importance of clear communication, especially in a remote role.
We understand you have a life outside work and we will respect your non-working and family time. We expect engineers to work a full-time load of 40 hours per week (and no more) and to be very productive during that time.
Our team is mostly remote (5 in Melbourne, 2 in Poland, and a few travelling the world). And we prefer working with remote engineers, but we’re also open to welcoming you into our Melbourne office.
You will have flexibility to schedule your work around your other obligations but you will usually work at a fixed time. If your work hours don’t have much overlap with Australian business hours, you will need to be flexible with scheduling meetings late at night or early in the morning.
Our service is very stable and we haven’t had any critical incidents that required urgent attention over the last year.
About our culture
We’re easy-going and easy to work with. We’re developer-led and have a flat structure. We are collaborative, and we expect you to take an active role in evolving our engineering culture. We like writing things down. We love Slack.
We launch things as soon as they’re ready. We do things right the first time, even if it takes a little longer. We don’t have much technical debt. From time to time we promise a feature to customer, but we otherwise don’t have many external deadlines.
Some things you might be doing in your first few months
- Adding a new end-point to Draftable API
- Build an admin interface for internal staff
- Get our integration tests running inside docker
- Build a marketing sign-up page for our website that pipes form data through to Salesforce
- Work with our product lead to add a feature to our comparison viewer
About our technical stack
We have a fairly standard tech stack: Python (Django, Celery, SaltStack), React, PostgreSQL, Redis and RabbitMQ. Our frontend is JS, react, CSS, HTML.
Our core algorithms and products are written in .NET (mostly C# with some F# and some C++). In this role, it’s not intended that you will contribute to the core technology.
Apply now and work remotely at DraftableApply