Senior Back End Engineer
As a Senior Backend Engineer with Beyond Pricing, you will help with improving the reliability of our data collection and syncing systems, adding new integrations, and shipping new user-facing features.
Because you will be working with a successful team that is completely remote, excellent coding and communication skills are key. If you want to inspire innovation and cultivate an environment of continuous improvement, then read on!
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with product, internal stakeholders, and other engineers to design and build back-end systems.Our stack is mostly Python / Django based, and our front end is built on Ember.js.
- Own major parts of the system, designing and delivering quality stable solutions.
- Produce high quality, reliable, well-tested software to help power our SaaS platform.
- Quickly implement and iterate on new and innovative ideas.
What You’ll Get Out of It:
- Have your voice heard; We truly believe every individual can contribute to the product and we admire innovation.
- The opportunity to work with other senior engineers across our organization to shape Beyond Pricing’s overall technical strategy.
- A welcoming and collaborative environment with people who move fast and love working on hard problems.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Computer Science/Engineering/equivalent degree a + plus
- 5+ years of backend engineering experience, ideally building products from ideation to launch for consumer facing products, e-commerce or financial systems.
- Experience with big-data processing and high volume queues. We are a data company, and we rely on our high volume data pipelining.
- Have shipped and supported a customer-facing product. You love the feeling of shipping a feature and seeing people use it.
- Experience providing guidance for less experienced engineers. We want to share the knowledge of our more experienced developers with junior team members.
We are serious about our core values - We Care, We Are On the Same Team, We Inspire Trust, We Go Beyond, We Ship It - if those resonate with you, and you're ready to work with a team that lives and breathes those values, we want to hear from you.
About Beyond Pricing:
Founded in 2013 by revenue management experts in the airline and hospitality space, Beyond Pricing is the world's first revenue management and dynamic pricing software for vacation rentals. We developed software to help vacation rentals do what hotels and airlines have done for decades, maximize revenue!
We are a diverse, dynamic and growing team, passionate about travel and building better technology for property managers. We have powered pricing for over $2B in property listings in more than 7,000 cities globally. If you search for a rental property on VRBO or Airbnb, you most likely are viewing a listing that utilizes our software. Our customers are vacation rental property managers that typically manage between 50 to 1000 listings; they use our software to automatically update their daily rates based on our sophisticated algorithm. We stay on top of the ever-changing marketplace so they don’t have to. The company has raised over $45 million in venture capital from top-tier investors including Bessemer Venture Partners, Resolute Ventures, Social Leverage and Bullpen Capital. We are positioned for international growth and product expansion and looking for top-talent to help us on our mission.
Apply now and work remotely at Beyond Pricing
Senior Back End Engineer
We are building some really exciting sh*t at x.ai
At x.ai, we're building artificial intelligence super-powered productivity software. The software schedules meetings for our customers automatically. It avoids the typical back and forth over emails and negotiates when and where the meeting is to happen. The software uses state-of-the-art machine learning in our production environment. We're looking for a self-motivated and experienced individual to join us on the journey in building this new frontier. You’ll get to work side by side with a group of focused and passionate individuals in a fully distributed setting.
- Be a main driver and contributor in building, testing, instrumenting for analytics, and deploying user-centric features to production end to end – own and drive the full cycle of building web applications, API and system integrations from system design to deployment
- Take ownership of our technical stack: drive improvements to address system complexity and tech debt, define and champion best practices of software development
- Actively participate in collaborative brainstorming and design, identifying defects or discrepancies in requirements and resolves with appropriate stakeholders
- Leverage your UI/UX experience to advocate, drive and implement user-friendly features
- Collaborate on feature implementation from UI design (using and improving on our style guide) to system implementation, to optimize for usability, execute these features end to end, including testing and monitoring in production
- Be customer obsessed: Identify and build metrics or tools to help us understand customer behavior and work closely with Product to develop new features to drive customer delight
- Able to find the right tool for the job. Quickly evaluate different libraries but not afraid to roll your own stuff
5+ years of relevant experience
Expert in Typescript
Expert in API integrations
Expert in Node.js
Experience in React
Experience in CSS/SCSS
Experience in development tooling like NPM and Gulp, and front-end testing frameworks
Strong written and verbal communication skills
+/- 8 hours from EST
Thrives in a fully remote setting
Intellectually curious, collaborative, self-motivated, fast learner that is comfortable with uncertainties - evolve as needed, flexibility is key!
Apply now and work remotely at x.ai
SENIOR & MID FULLSTACK ENGINEER
Remote position / full time / Europe or Africa
We are a French & African startup occurring in the field of music streaming.
WAW MUZIK was born from an idea: Africa is full of music fans and talents, but no one has yet found the sustainable model for music listening. We did it! We created an innovative model, based on micropayment and curation, that will fit the people needs as well as give artists a fair pay for their music.
In partnership with the leading telecommunications operator in French-speaking countries and the world leader in music production, we just launched our streaming music app in Ivory Coast (West Africa). Thanks to the scalability of our model, we aim at becoming the leader streaming music service in West Africa in the years to come. We therefore want to surround ourselves with passionate, talentuous, engaged and dynamic men and women, who will accompany us in this challenge.
Are you talented?
WAW MUZIK is looking for a senior Full-Stack Engineer available immediately or within the new 2 weeks maximum to join our engineering organization. Come join our team of talented engineers that share a common interest in distributed systems, their scalability and continued development. You will build the backend systems that power our application, improve our catalog and admin platform, scale highly distributed systems, and continuously improve our engineering practices. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
Apply now and work remotely at WAW MUZIKApply