Back End WordPress Developer
You’d be working on custom WordPress sites. Ideally, you would be comfortable with front-end pieces as well as complex back-end ones.
You’d be communicating with the team regularly. We use Slack for regular communication and Basecamp for project management. There are occasionally some video chats we’ll need to do, typically via Zoom.
You must be available for support during standard EST business hours (roughly 9:30am-4:30pm EST) on weekdays. We are flexible, but do specifically need support during those times.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- You know how to work with Woocommerce.
- You’re very comfortable working with Advanced Custom Fields.
- You are comfortable working with third party APIs like Mailchimp or Google’s APIs.
- You understand how to work with modern web hosts like WPEngine, are skilled in working with databases directly, and are confident migrating websites to new hosts.
Apply now and work remotely at Alchemy + Aim
Sr Full Stack Engineer Impact Startup
Medorion is an Israeli based impact startup that helps healthcare organizations to improve clinical outcomes, such as increasing cancer screening rates, vaccinations uptake, pharmacy usage. By combining Artificial Intelligence and Behavioral Science, our SaaS platform models the members’ behavioral profile and predicts the best engagement strategy.
We are looking for an excellent Senior Full Stack developer to join us!
What you’ll do:
On our day to day, we work on building a microservice-based AI infrastructure, web interface, and constantly studying and integrating new state-of-the-art technologies. Our team is still very small, so you’ll have a crucial part in all the development processes including research, design, implementation, and monitoring.
What you should bring with you:
- At least 8 years of software development experience.
- At least 4 years of back-end development using Node.js/ Python/ C#/ Go/ Java.
- At least 4 years of front-end experience using popular front-end frameworks (Angular/React/Vue) and familiarity with MV* patterns.
- At least 4 years of experience with microservice-based architecture and popular middlewares (Redis, Mongo, PubSub).
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering or similar from a leading university or college.
- Experienced with Linux based dev-ops infrastructure like Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Independence, high motivation, and good communication skills.
- passion for working on solutions that have a positive impact on society
It would be nice if you:
Familiarity with Kubernetes Internals.
Experience with Data Engineering and ETLs
Familiar with Data Science.
Apply now and work remotely at Medorion
Senior Back End Engineer
As a Senior Backend Engineer with Beyond Pricing, you will help with improving the reliability of our data collection and syncing systems, adding new integrations, and shipping new user-facing features.
Because you will be working with a successful team that is completely remote, excellent coding and communication skills are key. If you want to inspire innovation and cultivate an environment of continuous improvement, then read on!
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with product, internal stakeholders, and other engineers to design and build back-end systems.Our stack is mostly Python / Django based, and our front end is built on Ember.js.
- Own major parts of the system, designing and delivering quality stable solutions.
- Produce high quality, reliable, well-tested software to help power our SaaS platform.
- Quickly implement and iterate on new and innovative ideas.
What You’ll Get Out of It:
- Have your voice heard; We truly believe every individual can contribute to the product and we admire innovation.
- The opportunity to work with other senior engineers across our organization to shape Beyond Pricing’s overall technical strategy.
- A welcoming and collaborative environment with people who move fast and love working on hard problems.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Computer Science/Engineering/equivalent degree a + plus
- 5+ years of backend engineering experience, ideally building products from ideation to launch for consumer facing products, e-commerce or financial systems.
- Experience with big-data processing and high volume queues. We are a data company, and we rely on our high volume data pipelining.
- Have shipped and supported a customer-facing product. You love the feeling of shipping a feature and seeing people use it.
- Experience providing guidance for less experienced engineers. We want to share the knowledge of our more experienced developers with junior team members.
We are serious about our core values - We Care, We Are On the Same Team, We Inspire Trust, We Go Beyond, We Ship It - if those resonate with you, and you're ready to work with a team that lives and breathes those values, we want to hear from you.
About Beyond Pricing:
Founded in 2013 by revenue management experts in the airline and hospitality space, Beyond Pricing is the world's first revenue management and dynamic pricing software for vacation rentals. We developed software to help vacation rentals do what hotels and airlines have done for decades, maximize revenue!
We are a diverse, dynamic and growing team, passionate about travel and building better technology for property managers. We have powered pricing for over $2B in property listings in more than 7,000 cities globally. If you search for a rental property on VRBO or Airbnb, you most likely are viewing a listing that utilizes our software. Our customers are vacation rental property managers that typically manage between 50 to 1000 listings; they use our software to automatically update their daily rates based on our sophisticated algorithm. We stay on top of the ever-changing marketplace so they don’t have to. The company has raised over $45 million in venture capital from top-tier investors including Bessemer Venture Partners, Resolute Ventures, Social Leverage and Bullpen Capital. We are positioned for international growth and product expansion and looking for top-talent to help us on our mission.
Apply now and work remotely at Beyond Pricing
Senior Back End Engineer
We are building some really exciting sh*t at x.ai
At x.ai, we're building artificial intelligence super-powered productivity software. The software schedules meetings for our customers automatically. It avoids the typical back and forth over emails and negotiates when and where the meeting is to happen. The software uses state-of-the-art machine learning in our production environment. We're looking for a self-motivated and experienced individual to join us on the journey in building this new frontier. You’ll get to work side by side with a group of focused and passionate individuals in a fully distributed setting.
- Be a main driver and contributor in building, testing, instrumenting for analytics, and deploying user-centric features to production end to end – own and drive the full cycle of building web applications, API and system integrations from system design to deployment
- Take ownership of our technical stack: drive improvements to address system complexity and tech debt, define and champion best practices of software development
- Actively participate in collaborative brainstorming and design, identifying defects or discrepancies in requirements and resolves with appropriate stakeholders
- Leverage your UI/UX experience to advocate, drive and implement user-friendly features
- Collaborate on feature implementation from UI design (using and improving on our style guide) to system implementation, to optimize for usability, execute these features end to end, including testing and monitoring in production
- Be customer obsessed: Identify and build metrics or tools to help us understand customer behavior and work closely with Product to develop new features to drive customer delight
- Able to find the right tool for the job. Quickly evaluate different libraries but not afraid to roll your own stuff
5+ years of relevant experience
Expert in Typescript
Expert in API integrations
Expert in Node.js
Experience in React
Experience in CSS/SCSS
Experience in development tooling like NPM and Gulp, and front-end testing frameworks
Strong written and verbal communication skills
+/- 8 hours from EST
Thrives in a fully remote setting
Intellectually curious, collaborative, self-motivated, fast learner that is comfortable with uncertainties - evolve as needed, flexibility is key!
Apply now and work remotely at x.ai
Lead back end developer
Simpleweb has an opportunity for an experienced badass lead back-end developer to join our team of coders, creatives and entrepreneurs – working with businesses that put people before profit.
We’re looking for an individual who:
- Is confident in communicating with clients in writing and face to face (virtually or in person covid permitting)
- Has excellent engineering and problem solving skills
- Has an exceptional understanding of the web and its protocols
- Has a great understanding of databases
- Is exceptional in at least one of the following: PHP, Python or Ruby
- Has a good understanding of various server technologies such as AWS, Ansible, Docker
- The desire to learn new languages and skills
- A proven development experience
- Has the ability to demonstrate passion and initiative
Additional experience, areas of expertise or even a keen interest of the following would be massively beneficial to your application.
- ML/Neural nets
- React and React Native
We build and invest in brilliant startups, working on projects with real purpose that change peoples lives for the better. For you this will mean working with talented and passionate people; influencing both the design and function of products that have huge positive potential for both people and planet.
You can see some of our investments and projects on the Simpleweb Portfolio page.
We love nothing more than to nurture talent and respect that different brains work in different ways. That said, you’ll regularly find us experimenting with new ways of doing things and our ears will always prick up at your ideas, big or small.
You’ll find that the team has some wide-ranging personal interests too so, when we’re not geeking out about tech and design, we’re never short of mind-expanding topics to mull over. We also love to organise regular hack-nights for the wider dev community and have been known to take our team off on exciting trips (both locally in Bristol and abroad)! COVID has curtailed these activities but we’ll be starting them again once it’s safe to do so.
Don’t take our word for it – last year we were awarded the accolade of Employer of the Year by the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) for our commitment to team culture and personal development.
Come and build the future with us.
Benefits and Perks:
- Fair salary reflecting experience
- Team socials
- Very competitive pension
- Your religious holidays respected
- Private medical insurance
- Shared parental leave & pay policy
- Personal development / conference budget
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
Remote working and flexible hours (IRL community is a big deal to us so, when you feel it’s safe, we’d like to see you in the office at least once a month ideally)
Apply now and work remotely at Simpleweb
Who we are
Namebase is on a mission to enable freedom, security, and ownership on the Internet. We’re doing this by making Handshake — a new decentralized DNS protocol — easy-to-use. You can think of our product as a GoDaddy for Handshake.
Handshake is a new naming blockchain (we didn’t create it) that functions as a peer-to-peer root DNS that can replace Certificate Authorities. It's a Proof-of-Work protocol like Bitcoin, except instead of using the coins as money, you use Handshake coins to register domain extensions (ie .com, .net, .org) on the Handshake blockchain. Unlike traditional domain names that can only be rented, you truly own your Handshake extensions forever — no one can take the extensions from you or prevent others from accessing them. And rather than being limited to a small number of extensions like .com and .org (blacklisted on Handshake for compatibility with traditional DNS), you can register almost any name you can think of. These attributes are becoming increasingly important in a world that’s trending towards more censorship and less freedom for individuals.
Since launch six months ago we’ve already processed over $20M in transaction volume and tens of thousands of Handshake name registrations. We work in a highly collaborative environment across a distributed team (currently in US and Australia). Open communication is the standard — strategy discussions occur in slack, not behind closed doors. New initiatives have a single owner to maintain focus while feedback is solicited from everyone.
We’re looking for a backend engineer to work on our infrastructure — primarily crypto wallets — and less so our user-facing APIs. You'll work closely with our existing engineering team on complex system design problems. Node.js experience is required, Golang experience is preferred.
Apply now and work remotely at Namebase
SENIOR & MID FULLSTACK ENGINEER
Remote position / full time / Europe or Africa
We are a French & African startup occurring in the field of music streaming.
WAW MUZIK was born from an idea: Africa is full of music fans and talents, but no one has yet found the sustainable model for music listening. We did it! We created an innovative model, based on micropayment and curation, that will fit the people needs as well as give artists a fair pay for their music.
In partnership with the leading telecommunications operator in French-speaking countries and the world leader in music production, we just launched our streaming music app in Ivory Coast (West Africa). Thanks to the scalability of our model, we aim at becoming the leader streaming music service in West Africa in the years to come. We therefore want to surround ourselves with passionate, talentuous, engaged and dynamic men and women, who will accompany us in this challenge.
Are you talented?
WAW MUZIK is looking for a senior Full-Stack Engineer available immediately or within the new 2 weeks maximum to join our engineering organization. Come join our team of talented engineers that share a common interest in distributed systems, their scalability and continued development. You will build the backend systems that power our application, improve our catalog and admin platform, scale highly distributed systems, and continuously improve our engineering practices. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
Apply now and work remotely at WAW MUZIKApply
Freelance Backend Developer â Remote
Design your lifestyle as a top freelance developer, with the freedom to work however, wherever, on your terms.
Freelance work is defining the careers of today’s developers in exciting new ways. If you’re passionate about working flexibly with leading Fortune 500 brands and innovative Silicon Valley startups, Toptal could be a great fit for your next career shift.
Toptal is an elite talent network for the world’s top 3% of developers, connecting the best and brightest freelancers with top organizations. Unlike a 9-to-5 job, you’ll choose your own schedule and work from anywhere. Jobs come to you, so you won’t bid for projects against other developers in a race to the bottom. Plus, Toptal takes care of all the overhead, empowering you to focus on successful engagements while getting paid on time, at the rate you decide, every time.
As a freelance developer, you could join an ever-expanding community of experts in over 120 countries, working remotely on the projects that meet your career ambitions.
That’s why the world’s top 3% of developers choose Toptal. Developers in our elite network share:
English language proficiency
3+ years of professional experience
Project management skills
A keen attention to detail
If you’re interested in becoming part of the Toptal network, take the next step by clicking apply and filling out the short form: https://topt.al/k4cbR4
Apply now and work remotely at Toptal
Savvy is a top creative product agency. We've been working remotely since 2009 before it was "cool" or more recently, required. Our work is regularly featured on the App Store, Google Play, and the industry. We have a great culture, generous benefits, and a fun, results-oriented atmosphere. We're looking for another senior Node.js developer to join our team.
You're a back-end developer; not a front-end dev who also does backend.
You're fluent in Node.js and ready to even teach us some of your tricks.
You regularly use Google Cloud Platform incl. Compute Engine, Cloud Functions, and more.
You have a proven track record building highly performant, scalable backends for apps.
You care about security and DevOps even if you're not an expert in either of them.
You want to make a difference each day. You're opinionated yet collaborative.
You hate red tape and seeing work that never ships or gets shelved.
You want to work with colleagues who care as much as you and are experts at their crafts.
You enjoy working with modern tools like Terraform but are equally ready to try new ones.
You're not afraid of failure while also knowing which risks should be avoided.
To Be Successful
Be excited about translating the ideas of our customers into compelling application experiences. Our entire team—including all of our developers—care about design as a philosophy and way of life. We obsess over every last detail, whether it's seen or unseen, and expect that you will too. Be willing and ready to contribute solutions, coming into the office each day with a positive attitude.
Apply now and work remotely at Savvy Apps
Backend Engineer - Node.js
Founded in 2018 by seasoned legal, finance and procurement professionals, Alacrity is on a mission to create technologies which enhance the relationship between corporates and law firms to improve service delivery, reduce costs and manage relationships more efficiently.
If you get excited about disrupting an industry which hasn't seen innovation since the advent of email, we want to talk to you. Fun fact, 65% of our users are still on Internet Explorer but lucky for you, this is a backend role.
This is a remote-first opportunity for people residing within European timezones.
Alacrity is looking for a mid-level or senior, self-motivated engineer to join our team of 3 engineers. Although you will be surrounded by great engineers, you must be able to work independently and take initiative. We're looking for strong architectural and service-design skills as well as full appreciation of code quality standards.
- You love getting things done and deployed to the users.
- You are hungry to learn new skills and constantly strive to improve.
- You know and appreciate automated testing, clean code and documentation.
- You care deeply about your work, your team and the users.
- You want to work at a startup with a reasonable and sane working environment.
Things you will get to do
- Further develop our Node.js API.
- Create and collaborate on technical specifications for new product features.
- Review product security (security is taken very seriously here).
- Improve our AWS infrastructure.
- Constantly learn from other engineers (we take pride in thorough code reviews).
Your Ideal Skill Set
- GraphQL experience (we use Apollo).
- SQL (we use Postgres).
- Experience with devops (AWS, Docker and Terraform).
- Open and transparent workplace.
- Very light on meetings other than daily standup and weekly planning.
- Work from where you are the most productive, the whole team is remote.
- Regular company meetups.
- Your own high-spec Macbook.
- Annual budget for conferences, subscriptions, etc.
- Genuine product involvement.
- Contributory pension (for UK based employees).
- Option to work from the WeWork Moorgate office (for London based employees).
£50000 - £90000
Apply now and work remotely at Alacrity Law