Lolly is a social dating iOS app that can be described as TikTok meets Tinder. Our platform allows people to stand out in a noisy world by being more attractive, funny, interesting through videos than they would through static pictures.
We have raised millions in capital from Ron Conway's SV Angel, Next Coast Ventures, Sequoia Capital Scouts and more. Other notable investors/advisors include: the ex-CEO of Apple, CBO of Snap, ex-CMO of Sequoia Capital and Stanford Business School, co-founder of WIRED, ex-CEO of Ticketmaster, founding exec of Netflix, and more.
- Full-time availability
- 4+ min years experience building highly available backend services that can handle millions of users
- Ability to explain complex engineering concepts to Technical and Non-Technical team members
- Extensive understanding of the following:
- Real-time communication
- Willing to work with us after-hours
- Positive attitude 🙂
👍 Bonus Points:
- Video Processing
- Image Processing
- Content Delivery Networks
- High-Availability Architecture
Apply now and work remotely at Lolly
Back end Software Developer Node.JS + Typescript
Upstack is a friendly team of the world’s most talented freelance developers, working remotely for some of the coolest start-ups. It’s fun and challenging to join the top 1% of the world’s developers. We have a strong focus on quality clients and developers and try to work on software that we love! Upstack is officially based in New York City and we have offices in NYC and LA. We also have development hubs opening up all around the place with our first in Brasov, Romania. Our developers work from home and co-working spaces and sometimes even on the beach!
- Work with a small team of top-tier developers who are designing great user experiences and building truly great applications for web
- Participate in scrums consisting of cross-functional teams, both software and hardware
- Ensure that features are being delivered efficiently and on-time
- In addition to code contribution, you will also participate in architectural review and design
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years work experience as a software engineer or relevant experience
- at least 3+ yrs of experience in using Java Script
- Deep understanding and strong experience with Node.JS framework (3-5 years of professional experience needed)
- Strong experience with Typescript
- Experience working with Mongo.db
- Nice to have experience with: Docker, Microservices
- Proven track record of shipping software and successfully released apps (please include names and links on your resume)
- Strong attention to detail on every line of code, every unit test, and every commit message
- Comfortable with rapid development cycles and tight schedules
Benefits when working with Upstack
- starter pack: Upstack swag (t-shirts, hoodies, stickers, etc.)
- work set-up: laptop or device as needed based on project's requirements;
- paid vacations in correlation with the worked time;
- ability to choose the project and the team;
- support for personal and professional growth;
- bonus structure for special events in your live (marriage, having a baby)
- flexible working hours;
- remote first - you can work from anywhere you choose;
We love when engineers send us a link to their Github and/or StackOverflow accounts, technical blog, or links to apps they've shipped.
Apply now and work remotely at Upstack Technologies, Inc.
Slai is the first machine learning deployment tool built for software engineers. Existing tools are clunky, unintuitive, and hard to use. Our goal is extend the capabilities of data scientists by creating the fastest pipeline to bring cutting edge research into production systems. We built Slai to solve this problem for ourselves, and we're laser-focused on delivering the best developer experience in the space.
We're hiring a Backend Engineer to join our founding team and build a model serving platform that is scalable, stable, and secure. You'll work closely with our CTO to build out the groundwork of our system.
- 3-5 years experience building large-scale distributed systems
- Passionate about delivering a best-in-class developer experience to our users
- Familiarity with at least some of our tech stack: Python, AWS, Postgres, Redis, Docker, Celery, Django
- Proficiency with ECS / EC2, or alternatively EKS / EC2
- Experience building an internal MLOps platform in a previous role
- Experience working with data scientists / data engineering teams
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance reimbursement
- Laptop of your choice
Apply now and work remotely at Slai
Senior back end developer
Accountable is a 3 years old start-up making a financial assistant for the self-employed in Europe, with the objective to automate taxes.
We're growing 5x per year and just raised 5 million € to build the best product out there (and the marketing guys need some money too).
We have openings for one junior and one senior back-end developer. This covers the creation of APIs in node to be consumed by our our front-end clients, and the creation of some back-end computation engines to, for example, compute taxes in real time. After this round of recruitment we'll have a team of 8 or 9 developers (1 tech lead, 2 mobile, 2 web, 2 back-end, 1 infra, 1-2 data scientists), with a few more additional product people (graphic design, UX, QA).
We're based in Brussels and Berlin but the team is mostly remote now, so you can work from anywhere (we just ask that time difference and connection reliability don't impede collaboration).
- Be based in Europe or nearby
- 2+ years experience working with node.js (junior) or 4+ years (senior)
- Strong ownership and willingness to solve problems
Our stack is node + react + react native + mongo.
Apply now and work remotely at Accountable
Lead Backend Developer
Location: 100% Remote, we are accepting applicants that are in UTC-8 (San Francisco) to UTC-3 (Buenos Aires) Timezones.
About the company:
Is a rapidly growing fintech startup backed by some of the largest investors in Silicon Valley. They are building a financial data and analytics platform for investors to research stocks and other asset classes through dashboards and charts to understand market trends. Superior functionality combined with a delightful user experience explains why the number of users on the company has tripled over the past four months and our daily users spend more than two hours per day on our browser-based platform.
- Run a small team of 3-4 engineers and report directly to the Head of Engineering
- Work closely with the co-founders to turn product vision into reality by breaking down the architecture plan into an executable engineering plan
- Build innovative analytics and functionality to help investors research stocks and market trends
- Participate in product and strategy meetings to provide feedback on feasibility and execution
- Provide technical leadership, code reviews and mentoring to engineers on your team
- 5+ years of hands-on experience developing and scaling full-stack products using MERN (MongoDB, Express, React, Node) stack
- Expertise in at least one web stack and framework
- Experience with creating and managing back end services and APIs
- Understanding of software development life cycle, including CI/CD and testing best practices
- Curious, collaborative, humble & a problem solver
Nice to have:
- Experience with Scala
- Experience with Google Cloud and Azure
- Experience working as DevOps/DataOps
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary: $60,000-$120,000/year
- Work in the comfort of your home. This is 100% remote! Anywhere between UTC -8 (San Francisco) - UTC -3 (Buenos Aires)
- Full benefits including medical, dental and 401k contributions
- Open-minded, passionate and results-oriented team
- We strive to create an open environment where problems are solved by honest and rigorous discussion
Apply now and work remotely at Remotesome
Senior Software Engineer
Exciting domain: Spies, games, lasers, physical installations, film festivals..
Small, all-senior, fully-remote team with a lot of independence
Varied work with lots of opportunities to learn
Who we are
SPYSCAPE, the home of secrets & skills, uses stories & experiences to inspire ordinary people to do extraordinary things. We all have valuable ‘intelligence skills’, and from our 70,000 sq ft physical HQ (the #1 rated museum & experience in New York City) to our digital content and experiences, we help you to discover & develop yours.
In the physical world, SPYSCAPE HQ in New York City is the number one ranked new museum & experience on Google and TripAdvisor. It features seven core experiential zones, plus a huge temporary space that currently features the first ever James Bond exhibition in the USA.
In the digital world: our SPYCRAFT content includes authentic online spy skills assessments designed by a former Head of Training at British Intelligence, plus related articles, puzzles and videos; our True Spies podcasts (with hosts Hayley Atwell and Vanessa Kirby) provide unique insights into the world of espionage; Our SPYFLIX film festival and SPYCON live events platform, plus numerous other exciting new initiatives, will launch in the coming months.
How we work
We are looking for a mid- or senior-level software engineer to join our development team of five.
We use Ruby on Rails and Node.js with PostgreSQL for our server-side web applications, continuously deploying them to AWS Fargate and AWS Lambda using CircleCI. We use React, React Native, and TypeScript for building rich client-side applications on SPYSCAPE.com, on interactives in our HQ, and as mobile applications.
We care deeply about the quality of our work and we use code review and pair-programming to ensure our code is not only timely but also simple, clean and covered by tests. We use agile ways of working to ensure we are consistently delivering working software at a sustainable pace, seeking feedback from users and stakeholders early and often.
What you’ll be working on
Our current projects include:
Building a rich immersive mobile game for SPYSCAPE fans in React Native.
Continuing to enhance the web site, including personalised spy-skills profiles
Supporting the operation of the physical HQ, including on-site interactives like the 360-degree Surveillance game, our RFID ticketing, and admin systems.
Who we’re looking for
Experience with Ruby and Rails
Devops experience, ideally using AWS
Understanding and appreciation of BDD / TDD / Testing
Interest in spies, games, stories, immersive experiences, and/or helping people uncover their hidden skills
Desire to work in a small, independent tech team, across a wide variety of projects, within a fast-moving business
Ability to help shape our work on both a product level and an architectural level
Experience developing mobile apps (preferably with React Native)
Experience with frontend web styling using SCSS, styled components, or similar
Time and place
Permanent, full-time role
Fully remote, UK time zone (plus or minus an hour or two)
Everyone is welcome
We aim to maintain an inclusive and diverse environment, and welcome applications from everyone, especially groups who are underrepresented in our industry.
We’re also happy to discuss flexible working arrangements, and to make reasonable accommodations for individual needs.
Drop us an email at email@example.com and we’ll set up a time to have a chat.
Apply now and work remotely at Spyscape
Senior Backend Developer
Who we are?
We are small international company based in the Netherlands who created an affordable multi-channel communication software taking the results of sales teams to the next level. Our app helps in the field of direct sales, where we focus on the Dutch market. Our vision at SalesChamp is to create the simplest, most effective and easy-to-use omnichannel communication platform in the world.
As SalesChamp has also an office in Brno, Czech Republic, and on top of that works with full remote team members, the structure can be defined as a hybrid remote set up.
Whom are we looking for?
We're looking for a strong candidate experienced in Node.js and PHP to help us build cool new features within our current web application and to help us create a whole new product of our company. You'll be working "side by side" with our international development team bringing up ideas and solutions for some of the current challenges we're facing.
What will be the scope of your work?
- Backend programming
- Proposal of solution of necessary changes in the application
- Bug fixing
- Code reviews
On the server side you will need:
- PHP, ES6, Node.js and Typescript
- Nette (PHP framework)
- RabbitMQ, MongoDB and MySQL
What we can offer:
- Contractor based cooperation
- Competitive salary and flexible working schedule
- Trips to our head office in Netherlands once a year
- Friendly team of beautiful young people
- Team buildings, Happy hours (remote work support)
Apply now and work remotely at SalesChamp B.V.
**Backend Developer (TypeScript / Node.js)
We are looking for a backend developer to build chatbots and related services. We write most of our services in TypeScript, but will occasionally use other languages when it makes sense (such as Rust when predictable memory usage and latency are required). You'll be joining an experienced team that is still continuously experimenting and improving.
- Develop new services and APIs, and improve existing ones
- Work with other engineers to choose the best libraries, algorithms, and approaches to solve problems
- Write readable, efficient code that can pass peer review and review the pull requests of other developers
- Package your service as a container and document how to use it
- Design automated load tests and end-to-end tests
Strong proficiency with TypeScript and Node.js
Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks
Experience with SQL databases
Some understanding of HTML5 and CSS3 (understanding of React is a strong plus)
Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
Apply now and work remotely at Call Levels Pte Ltd
Full Stack Developer
We are looking for 1-2 creative full-stack or back-end engineers interested in building a global safety net.
🚀 About SafetyWing
At SafetyWing, we do not have a strong division between tech and product - we are all part of the product development, and we all participate in strategic decisions for the company. We believe this is the path to create great products.
We’re a strong team of 30, our headquarter is in San Francisco, while our international team is fully distributed, stretching ten time zones (Finland to California). We are on a mission to remove the role of geographical borders as a barrier to equal opportunities and freedom for everyone. And we are doing that by creating simple health, insurance, and retirement products for remote workers worldwide, as a replacement for national welfare systems.
Our current customers are digital nomads (b2c) and remote companies (b2b).
💻 Languages and technologies we use
- Java (soon with the addition of Kotlin), Guice (dependency injection), Gradle
- React / Redux
- MySQL (with Hibernate and Liquibase)
- Google cloud platform
🧪 We are looking for someone who
- Is great at programming and enjoys what they do
- Enjoys taking ownership over a product
- Wants to help build a global social safety net on the internet
- Thinks for themselves instead of copying others
- Is creative and bold in the face of any problem
- Is intellectually honest and have high integrity
🧘 What we offer
You will receive both salary and equity compensation, health insurance, laptop, a minimum of four weeks of yearly vacation, and during non-covid times we have three to four annual gatherings where you will join us, including attending a tech conference. The previous three gatherings were in Norway, Mexico, and San Francisco respectively. The next full-team gathering is planned for Ljubljana when the border situation gets better.
Find out more about us and our products at www.safetywing.com
Apply now and work remotely at SafetyWing
Senior Backend Node Engineer
Codelitt is looking for a Senior Full Stack engineer with experience building highly complex applications, using C#, .NET Core, React and GraphQL, to join our team.
You will work with our client, a commercial real estate firm, to build and implement a solution that helps real estate owners and occupiers see options and context in the market.
Apply now and work remotely at Codelitt
Senior Staff Engineer
Shopify is the leading omni-channel commerce platform. Merchants use Shopify to design, set up, and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including mobile, web, social media, marketplaces, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. The platform also provides merchants with a powerful back-office and a single view of their business, from payments to shipping. The Shopify platform was engineered for reliability and scale, making enterprise-level technology available to businesses of all sizes.
Our Data Platform Engineering group builds and maintains the platform that delivers accessible data to power decision-making at Shopify for over a million merchants. We’re hiring high-impact developers across teams:
- The Engine group organizes all merchant and Shopify data into our data lake in highly-optimized formats for fast query processing, and maintaining the security + quality of our datasets.
- The Analytics group builds products that leverage the Engine primitives to deliver simple and useful products that power scalable transformation of data at Shopify in batch, or streaming, or for machine learning. This group is focused on making it really simple for our users to answer three questions: What happened in the past? What is happening now? And, what will happen in the future?
- The Data Experiences group builds end-user experiences for experimentation, data discovery, and business intelligence reporting.
- The Reliability group operates the data platform efficiently in a consistent and reliable manner. They build tools for other teams at Data Platform to leverage to encourage consistency and they champion reliability across the platform.
While our teams value specialized skills, they've also got a lot in common. We're looking for a(n):
- High-energy self-starter with experience and passion for data and big data scale processing. You enjoy working in fast-paced environments and love making an impact.
- Exceptional communicator with the ability to translate technical concepts into easy to understand language for our stakeholders.
- Excitement for working with a remote team; you value collaborating on problems, asking questions, delivering feedback, and supporting others in their goals whether they are in your vicinity or entire cities apart.
- Solid software engineer: experienced in building and maintaining systems at scale.
A Senior Data Developer at Shopify typically has 4-6 years of experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Working with the internals of a distributed compute engine (Spark, Presto, DBT, or Flink/Beam)
- Query optimization, resource allocation and management, and data lake performance (Presto, SQL)
- Cloud infrastructure (Google Cloud, Kubernetes, Terraform)
- Security products and methods (Apache Ranger, Apache Knox, OAuth, IAM, Kerberos)
- Deploying and scaling ML solutions using open-source frameworks (MLFlow, TFX, H2O, etc.)
- Building full-stack applications (Ruby/Rails, React, TypeScript)
- Background and practical experience in statistics and/or computational mathematics (Bayesian and Frequentist approaches, NumPy, PyMC3, etc.)
- Modern Big-Data storage technologies (Iceberg, Hudi, Delta)
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Apply now and work remotely at ShopifyApply