Full Stack Developer
ChangeX is a marketplace connecting proven ideas for strengthening communities with teams who start them locally and those with the resources to support – ideas like Grow it Yourself, Men’s Sheds, Repair Café, parkrun and Playworks, adopted and started by teachers, healthcare professionals, community workers and other proactive citizens.
We’re looking for a full stack developer to join a small talented product team. This team is working to simplify and accelerate the way people fund, start and grow projects in their communities. We’re looking for an engineer who shares our belief in the power of great technology to transform the lives of real offline communities. If you want to ensure your engineering skills have a positive impact in the world, we’d love to talk to you.
Apply now and work remotely at ChangeX
Front-end developer with React or Angular2+
Are you looking for a remote work on international projects?
Are you looking for 40 hours a week workload?
Is it suitable for you to use time tracker at work?
Is your hourly rate $20 - $30?
Soshace is an online platform that will provide you with remote work with hourly payment on modern projects lasting on average 6-9 months and more.
We are looking for a long-term partnership so when the first project ends we’ll find you a second one and after that the third and so on.
We expect you to work on our projects 8 hours a day Monday-Friday in your time zone.
Do you have more than a year of experience in commercial projects with Node.js and React/Angular version 2 and above?
Can you provide a portfolio of relevant projects?
Do you have good writing and speaking skills in English (Upper-Intermediate and above)?
If you answer “yes” to all questions, send us your CV and be ready to provide a portfolio of projects you took part in.
We have the next stages of the interview:
Primary interview (a detailed discussion of your resume and portfolio)
Interview with a technical specialist.
Apply now and work remotely at Soshace
Senior Full-stack Engineer (Python, JS)
About the role
Draftable API is our cloud API service for comparing documents, powered by our world-class Draftable technology. It is one of our two main products. Over the last year, we’ve been experiencing strong growth and we are now looking for an excellent generalist to join our team.
You will be the technical lead for Draftable API and oversee much of web infrastructure. You will be working with our Product Lead and other team members to prioritize and build features.
You will spend at least 80% of your time thinking about how to implement things and writing code.
- You have 5+ years of experience with Python (Django, Django REST Framework).
- You have at least a year of experience with React.
- You are independent and self-reliant. You are happy working on a task by yourself but you will take initiative to involve other team members when necessary.
- You have a strong awareness of efficiency and computer science fundamentals (but you don’t need to know this stuff cold like a grad).
- You appreciate the importance of clear communication, especially in a remote role.
We understand you have a life outside work and we will respect your non-working and family time. We expect engineers to work a full-time load of 40 hours per week (and no more) and to be very productive during that time.
Our team is mostly remote (5 in Melbourne, 2 in Poland, and a few travelling the world). And we prefer working with remote engineers, but we’re also open to welcoming you into our Melbourne office.
You will have flexibility to schedule your work around your other obligations but you will usually work at a fixed time. If your work hours don’t have much overlap with Australian business hours, you will need to be flexible with scheduling meetings late at night or early in the morning.
Our service is very stable and we haven’t had any critical incidents that required urgent attention over the last year.
About our culture
We’re easy-going and easy to work with. We’re developer-led and have a flat structure. We are collaborative, and we expect you to take an active role in evolving our engineering culture. We like writing things down. We love Slack.
We launch things as soon as they’re ready. We do things right the first time, even if it takes a little longer. We don’t have much technical debt. From time to time we promise a feature to customer, but we otherwise don’t have many external deadlines.
Some things you might be doing in your first few months
- Adding a new end-point to Draftable API
- Build an admin interface for internal staff
- Get our integration tests running inside docker
- Build a marketing sign-up page for our website that pipes form data through to Salesforce
- Work with our product lead to add a feature to our comparison viewer
About our technical stack
We have a fairly standard tech stack: Python (Django, Celery, SaltStack), React, PostgreSQL, Redis and RabbitMQ. Our frontend is JS, react, CSS, HTML.
Our core algorithms and products are written in .NET (mostly C# with some F# and some C++). In this role, it’s not intended that you will contribute to the core technology.
Apply now and work remotely at DraftableApply
Full-stack .NET and HTML+CSS+JS Developer (Junior to Early Career)
Hi future Likvido-developer!
We're looking for a full-stack developer to join our awesome, fully-remote, development team. Tasks will involve everything from implementing pages in ASP.NET MVC Razor (HTML+CS+JS) to making backend services. This is a "junior" to "early-career" position. Expect bit variety in tasks, and you can learn a lot!
Since we launched Likvido in April 2018, we’ve absolutely nailed it. Not only do we now have 1.000+ customers - among many of the hottest startups and scaleups in Denmark - we also managed to get very serious funding, have very good unit economics and built a really cool technical platform. However, we’re just getting started.
So what are we doing?
We are solving the biggest reason for companies going bankrupt in Europe. You see, 19 % of all invoices are paid late, and roughly half of all bankruptcies are caused by lack of cash.
Likvido is defining a new category we’re calling a “customer payment system”. Today you integrate Likvido with your accounting system, and then we automate sending out invoices, send our reminders, start debt collection and post back to the accounting system. Looking ahead, we will add financial products, give the whole organization access to our system and much more. In brief, we help companies get paid - on time - and forecast their cash flow.
Apply now and work remotely at Likvido.com
Customer Support Specialist
Howdy 👋We’re the folks at SkyVerge, and we build WordPress plugins that help over 100k+ eCommerce businesses grow and manage their WooCommerce stores. Our team is 100% remote, with 19 people distributed all over the world.
We’re looking for a driven, experienced, full-stack PHP Engineer to join our growing engineering team and build new features while maintaining our existing portfolio of 60+ individual extensions.
You should be:
- Deeply experienced with PHP, ideally in a WordPress-specific role
- Adept at translating user stories into detailed engineering implementation tasks
- Detail-oriented & curious, with a drive to understand and solve technical challenges
- A self-starter, comfortable working independently and taking a high level of responsibility
- Dedicated to constant learning and sharing your knowledge
Bonus points if you also have:
- WooCommerce experience
- Experience with payment gateways, especially integrating with their APIs
- eCommerce experience (particularly with other platforms like Shopify, Magento, or BigCommerce)
You’ll be responsible for:
- Building features & fixing bugs based on specs in Clubhouse stories (derived from both customer feedback and our support team)
- Adhering to internal code standards and best practices while suggesting new ones for team consideration
- Carefully user-testing your own work and implementing feedback from code review
- Providing detailed code reviews to your teammates
- Adding to our internal wiki/documentation
- Assisting our support team with troubleshooting challenging issues
- Contributing to our own open-source code (like our plugin framework) and the wider community, like WooCommerce and WordPress
Why you’ll love working with us:
- Kind, wonderful teammates that enjoy their work as much as you do
- Competitive salary
- Annual company retreats (read about our last adventure in Lake Tahoe!)
- Fantastic benefits: 27 days paid time-off, full health insurance (medical, dental, and vision), retirement contributions, paid parental leave, and more!
- Transparent culture (check out our team wiki)
We support workplace diversity and do not discriminate on any protected class. We believe when we work together as a team of different views, experiences, and ideas, we can build amazing things.
Apply now and work remotely at SkyVerge
React Front End Engineer
We are looking for an experienced front-end engineer who knows their way around React to help us develop an online platform (we’d need your help with the web side of things). We’re a small (less than 10 people) engineering team distributed around the US & Europe, with an office in San Francisco. We iterate quickly, ship every day, build for the long term, and are looking for smart, independent engineers who want to ply their trade with like-minded people.
- You’ll join at an early stage of the company, so you can take something from 0 to 1
- We’re a supportive team who will give you as much assistance or independence as you like
We have an office in San Francisco, but most of your engineering teammates work remotely from around the world. Pre-existing remote work experience would be a big plus. If you’d like to work remotely, please note that we’re only able to consider applicants based in the US, UK or Europe at this time.
Archipelago is a start-up working to revolutionize how risk is insured. Our founders are tech & finance entrepreneurs with several IPOs and acquisitions under their belts. We are headquartered in San Francisco, have raised several million in seed money to date, and currently employ over a dozen people across the US & Europe.
Apply now and work remotely at ArchipelagoApply
Do you love stories? If so, please keep reading, because we certainly do. We believe the ability to tell stories is what makes us human. Joyn is your streaming app with over 50 live TV channels, exclusive previews, originals and collections. We understand Joyn as a partnership – an invitation to content-providers and users alike to make entertainment more meaningful and fun. Our app aggregates global and especially local content in a relevant way for Germany, both live TV and on-demand content. All kinds of stories and more to come, everyday.
We hire the best, because we need people that are as customer-focused as we are. We are looking for champions to help us further connect with our audience. It’s not a small or easy task, but it’s a fun and rewarding one. Do you think you’re up for it? Great. Then send us your application!
About the job
What you tell people at parties
"No additional apps, just your favourite video content on any device - We make it happen!"
Why you'll love working at Joyn
- Fast-paced startup backed by two of the biggest names in digital entertainment: ProSiebenSat.1 and Discovery Networks International
- Great opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Ability to put your stamp on an innovative product
- Open, transparent, and bureaucracy-free company culture
- Competitive compensation package
- Flexible working times
- Highly international working environment
Are you ready? We're fast, we're well-funded and growing quickly. Joyn has just started, It's the best time to join us and shape our vision.
Apply now and work remotely at Joyn
React / Angular Front-end Developer
- Are you looking for a remote work on international projects?
- Are you looking for 40 hours a week workload?
- Is it suitable for you to use time tracker at work?
- Is your hourly rate $20 - $30?
Apply now and work remotely at Soshace
Front End Web Developer
The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) is the nation's most effective environmental action organization. We use law, science and the support of 3.1 million members and online activists to protect the planet's wildlife and wild places and to ensure a safe and healthy environment for all living things. NRDC was founded in 1970 and our staff helped write some of America's bedrock environmental laws, including the Clean Water Act, and many of the implementing regulations; our water enforcement cases played a major role shaping current water policy throughout the country. Today, our staff of more than 500 lawyers, scientists, economists, policy and communications experts, and others, work out of offices in New York, Washington, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Bozeman, Montana, and Beijing.
We are seeking a creative and experienced individual to join the NRDC Digital Technology Team and help build websites, web applications, and hybrid mobile apps for both NRDC and its 501(c)(4) affiliate, the NRDC Action Fund. The position reports to the Digital Technology Director and will be located in New York, but we will consider another U.S. location.
Apply now and work remotely at Natural Resources Defense Council
You'd be working with our team to address technical support tickets and client requests as they come in. Flexibility, problem solving, and team collaboration are key aspects of this responsibility.
You’d be communicating with the team regularly. We use Slack for regular communication and Basecamp for project management. There are occasionally some video chats we'll need to do either via video chat.
You can work from anywhere. No moving for a job involved. If you’re happy where you are, stay there. If you’re unhappy, move somewhere new. This job will go with you. (If you want to spend a month working from the Italian countryside or in a Scottish pub, more power to you.)
You decide what you want your hours to be for projects. For technical support, we do need someone who would be available standard East Coast time work hours (9am-ish to 6pm-ish). You will need to communicate with the team regularly.
You get paid on a per project basis for larger projects and hourly for technical support work.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- You know how to work with Woocommerce.
- You're comfortable working with Advanced Custom Fields before.
- You understand how to work with cPanels, update databases directly, and are confident migrating websites to new hosts.
- You can troubleshoot when a site has been hacked or simply been broken by a client who has gone too far in code.
This job IS for you if:
- You believe the best code is clean, simple, and well-organized.
- You are detailed oriented and meticulous. You get letter spacing, fonts, and column widths right. And you’ll even make sure the site ends up with custom favicon.
- You get projects done on time (or early).
- You are honest and have no tolerance for drama.
- You like working on projects for soulful and creative entrepreneurs.
- You can handle a workload of at least 1-2 custom projects per month. Projects vary in length, taking anywhere between 20 and 50 hours (for a skilled developer), with some larger ones taking longer.
- You are comfortable using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop to gather information from designs for development.
- You can commit to the position for at least nine months (ideally, we'd love to have you with us long-term).
Our ideal candidate is a developer who has an exacting aesthetic eye and the ability to make things so intuitive that the non savvy user can feel comfortable editing.
This job IS NOT for you if:
- You are repeatedly late getting work done.
- You dislike or have problems with regular communication.
- You prefer to start out with a pre-made theme with page builders for website development.
- You often miss details.
- You think that a 28px margin is the same thing as a 25px margin. Or that Helvetica is the same thing as Open Sans.
Apply now and work remotely at Alchemy + Aim
Full Stack Developer
Mattermost provides an open source enterprise-grade messaging platform to the world’s leading organizations that allows teams to collaborate securely and privately anywhere. With over 10,000 server downloads / month our customers include Uber, Samsung, Affirm, The US Department of Defense and more. Our private cloud solutions offer secure, configurable, highly-scalable messaging across web, phone and PC with archiving, search, and deep integrations with hundreds of SaaS and on-premises technologies. Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, our company serves customers around the world with a distributed organization spanning the globe.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you'll learn more about working at Mattermost and come talk to us!
About the Role
As a core committer at Mattermost you are responsible for one of the world’s largest and most popular open source projects. Your work impacts thousands of organizations who depend on Mattermost for daily operations, from high tech (Intel, Samsung, Micron), to healthcare (Medtronic, Epic, Bristol-Myers Squibb) to public sector (U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Department of Energy), to education (University of California, National University of Singapore), and consumer brands (Urban Outfitters, Wargaming.net). Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, our company serves customers around the world with a distributed organization spanning 7 time zones. More on us at www.mattermost.com.
Working in open source means your work is publicly visible. Your code will receive both credit and constructive critique from the community. With the right mindset and support these can lead to you a highly positive working environment and making the best engineering decisions of your career. Core committers include highly skilled volunteer developers from the community, staff employed by enterprises deploying and investing in Mattermost, as well as staff employed by Mattermost, Inc.
Read about our end-to-end recruiting process for core committers at: https://docs.mattermost.com/process/developer.html
We seek a full stack engineer comfortable moving across front end and back end systems to lay out the technical vision for critical components of the Mattermost architecture and leading community developers towards a unified, scalable, performant, extensible system architecture.
Apply now and work remotely at Mattermost