Senior Software Engineer Frontend
Senior Software Engineer - Frontend
Position type: Full-time employee
Seniority: Senior Software Engineer (individual contributor)
Location: Remote (desired time zone between UTC-3 and UTC+3)
Compensation: 49k–58k EUR/year + stock options (both based on seniority level)
At Athenian we help development teams get end-to-end visibility into how software is being developed & delivered, so they can improve towards best practices and find bottlenecks.
Athenian provides a productivity & analytics web product (see live demo) that turns software development metadata such as tickets (Jira), source code host providers (Github, etc), CI/CD tools (Github checks, Travis, etc.) and others into actionable metrics and insights.
Athenian is a technology startup founded at the end of 2019 which launched its SaaS product mid-2020. We already have paying customers, a healthy pipeline and traction with mid-market customers.
We are a team of 11 who are entirely remote across 5 countries. We have raised money to give us 2 years of runway while we build a sustainable and profitable business that grows by focusing on solving customers' problems, not by raising more venture capital.
About the role
As a Senior Software Engineer in Frontend at Athenian you can expect to have a big impact in shaping the product.
You will have the opportunity to work alongside our highly skilled team to design, build, and iterate on a world-class software web application from early stages.
You are expected to own the frontend and to contribute to user experience decisions. We are developers building a product for other developers and we build our product with a sense of pride and ownership.
You will be in a collaborative environment where you will work closely together with product and engineering to understand user needs, and discuss new ideas to solve complex problems.
- Own the web application which is a critical and customer-facing part of the product
- Create beautiful UI & great UX of a data-centric product with the end-user perspective in mind
- Understand customers’ needs and propose ideas and discuss solutions collaborating with the team on engineering, product & design
Skills & Experience
- Full professional proficiency in English, written and spoken
- Strong experience with Web Standards (HTML5, CSS3)
- Strong experience with data manipulation
- Experience building complex dashboards (filters, etc.) and data visualizations (histograms, time series, donut charts, etc.) using charting libraries
- Ability to write high-performant, clean and reusable code for UI components
- Deep knowledge of the frontend ecosystem & tooling (Webpack, etc.)
- Strong experience in building and improving an API client
- Experience in building and improving an API server (REST, GraphQL, etc.)
- Experience with testing frameworks
- Experience with Git workflows
- Familiarity with basic mathematical & statistical concepts
- Familiarity with Docker
- Experience with D3.js or similar
- Experience with Lodash or similar
- Continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) environment
- WebSockets, OpenAPI or any other API for live-updates
- Profiling page rendering with React
- Relational databases (Postgres, sqlite, etc.)
- Having worked remotely full-time
- Having worked in a dynamic start-up environment
- Having worked on a SaaS product
- Having used modern collaboration tooling (Jira, GitHub, Slack, Zoom,
- Responsible and professional
- Independent, goal-oriented, proactive attitude
- Disciplined and communicative in remote environments
- Collaborative and with a strong team-spirit
- Curious and interested in learning new things
Engineering at Athenian
At Athenian Engineering we are currently a team of 5, consisting of a team lead and 4 world-class Senior Engineers, each with a diverse area of expertise ranging from Language Analysis and System Architecture to Machine Learning on Code and modern APIs.
We collaborate with each other on a daily basis and we value each contribution and idea. We foster good collaboration through transparency and good communication, and we believe that teamwork is key to move fast and be successful.
- Athenian is a fully remote company. At the moment, we are 11 people from 5 different countries working closely together in a fully-distributed way.
- We put a lot of value into collaboration and feedback, no matter if it comes from our CEO, a customer, Product or Engineering because we know that the best ideas can come from anywhere.
- We believe in transparency and collaboration, which reflects how we operate internally and externally.
- We are humane and care about each other's growth and wellbeing.
- Flexible hours, set your own schedule that fits you.
Apply now and work remotely at Athenian