React Rails Engineer
Oddball believes that the best products are built when engineers understand and value the things they are working on. We value learning and growth and the ability to make a big impact at a small company. We believe that we can make big changes happen and improve the daily lives of millions of people by bringing quality software to the federal space.
What we’re looking for is a Full stack engineer with experience developing, testing and debugging new moderately complex software solutions or enhancements to existing software in a maintenance capacity, and is committed to delivering and improving quality services to the Veterans Administration and the entire Veterans community. Need to have an understanding and desire to discover the existing business application and how it works.
Our engineering team is distributed, and largely asynchronous. We value a calm, collected environment where you can focus on doing great work. Aside from a couple of weekly check-ins or project updates, you'll be able to work interruption-free.
What you'll be doing:
Working hand in hand with other engineers in developing end-to-end testing solutions and API endpoints and services. Day to day work will involve writing code, developing tests, and debugging. Room for growth to work on various applications and teams within the Platform as we continue to expand and grow.
We are looking for someone with the following skill set:
Bachelor’s Degree with 4+ years of experience
4+ years experience working with Rails
3+ years experience with a front end JS framework (preferable React)
The ability to write code that is a pleasure for other engineers to read and understand
The ability to speak and write in terms that non-developers can understand clearly, whether it be in a conference call, blog post or support email
A solid understanding of API design and how backend systems work
Experience with all phases of the software development lifecycle - from gathering and analyzing user/business system requirements to creating application system models
Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and take initiative in performing tasks.
Team player must be able to work professionally and collaboratively with the government customer and other contract members of the project team.
Salary for this position is competitive and is a contract role. We offer both a tech, and a continuing education stipend.
Ability to obtain low-level federal clearance is required
Apply now and work remotely at Oddball
Designer (who can code)
We're looking for a full-time Designer (who can code) to join our growing team at Proposales. This is a unique opportunity to apply your rare blend of superpowers, as a fast-growing tech company, we have no end of fascinating challenges that can only be solved by someone with innate UX sense, technical aptitude, and great taste.
You will tackle our most interesting and impactful challenges. Our team is small, and people wear many hats. You'd jump between product, marketing and internal tools, participating in every phase from concept development to implementation.
Joining a company early is exciting, not only will you accelerate your learning as a maker, flex a versatile set of muscles, balancing vision, craft, and business potential, but also as one of our first employees, you will receive a competitive package, including stock option program, personal training budget, and much more.
A bit about the role:
- Craft every detail of new product features, from idea to UX to pixel-perfect execution.
- To ensure we can move fast and avoid back-and-forth handoff with engineering you will polish each feature you design in code.
- Partner closely with our Field Ops team to understand what users need, want, and love about Proposales. Use this data to plan and scope our product roadmap.
- Create design systems that are simple to understand but help us to move faster as we scale.
- Last but not the least, Proposales is a startup, so expect to move out of your comfort zone.
- You can create pixel-perfect visual designs. You can untangle hard conceptual problems and have sharp intuition for how people use (or wish they could use) products.
- You can do production-level coding in HTML + CSS + JS/React/JSX.
- You care about the business needs, implications, and possibilities of your designs.
- You don't get stuck on pretty UI and can balance between craft, speed and the bottom line.
- You have strong beliefs, loosely held. You're a good listener who likes to collaborate.
Apply now and work remotely at Proposales
Senior Product Designer
Remote work needs a different playbook. Base builds tools that help remote teams know each other better, and communicate more openly and asynchronously.
We're Matt and Jan. We're second time founders (previous companies acq by Dropbox) and makers and have recently closed our seed financing round from top US and EU investors. We're looking for our first designer to join us as founding team members.
- Designing the Base apps for web, desktop and mobile
- Establishing and fostering design-led culture and process
- Collaborating with the founders and engineers
- Talking to customers, gathering feedback and understanding what they want
High attention to detail
Experience designing with a team (ideally at a startup)
You enjoy crafting software used by hundreds of thousands of people
You can code (Framer, React, Swift) to demonstrate your ideas (or want to learn!)
You like the idea of working remotely
Apply now and work remotely at Base
Senior Frontend Engineer - Design Tools
Apply now and work remotely at PitchApply