Senior Full Stack Developer Django VUE.js 100
Why you should work for Accruvia
Build real-world applications that make a difference.
You will have the opportunity to work on our aspiring B2B flagship product “Accruvia Cloud”. Advance your career by working on innovative features unique to the industry. As a full-stack engineer, you will gain a full sense of how the end-user experiences every feature and bug fix you commit. Experience near-instant gratification as frequent deployments deliver your handiwork to users without delay.
You will also get the chance to work on various other projects from time to time to ensure you stay stimulated.
Earning money based on hourly pay means that you earn money in the exact same way that the company does: billing for time. Paying a salary would put competing incentives between the developer and the company. Instead, we tie your incentives directly in line with the company. So long as you work within our 20-35 hours per week guidelines, your income is 100% tied to how much you work.
Do you do an amazing job meeting customer expectations with a minimal number of bugs? That’s called job security. Customers always have their favorite developers. Make a name for yourself with quality work.
Accruvia also believes that connecting income to time worked maximizes team quality. The kind of people that want to collect a salary and drag the team down are not attracted to the company. That means you will work with talented colleagues that are motivated to make you, the code and the entire team better.
Quality of Life
Your workweek totals 20-35 hours with 25 hours being the ideal amount. You can work at any time of day so long as your work hours are consistent and evenly spaced across 4-6 days per week. One of our teammates works from 11 pm – 5 am in his local time zone because that’s when he wants to work. The company cares more about you working when you’re at your peak mental state rather than the time of day when you work.
Meetings are strictly limited to when they are necessary. Because your income is based on your time worked (which includes meetings), the company is incentivized to value and protect your work time.
An Engineer’s Environment
Test-driven development comes first. We do not build features until existing code passes all tests. You are assigned tasks with the repository, at which point you are expected to own the problem and fix it. Because we operate in a “no micromanaging” environment, we need a team player that sincerely cares about the impact his/her engineering decisions will have across the project.
Version control is paramount. Commits to a project are not meant to be a fancy save button. Commits tell the team, “I have tested this feature and it’s production-ready.”
Nobody wants to get yanked out of bed to fix fires (we should not be like IT people on call!). Slow and steady keeps us looking sharp and polished to clients and keeps emergencies to a minimum. It’s better for us and it’s better for our customers’ businesses.
The small but quickly growing. Your work is meaningful, appreciated and because of the small team size, you have the ability to significantly influence the architecture and frameworks used within our projects.
Django 3.0 and related apps:
Django REST Framework
You must have 2+ years of direct experience with Django. Django is our MVC of choice and the technology that all developers in the organization share in common.
2+ years of experience using Git for version control.
Nice to haves
Day to Day
We intentionally avoid chatter apps like Slack or Skype. Most questions do not require an immediate reply, making threads within the repository’s issue tracker our preferred method of communication. The biggest challenge for any developer is to minimize interruptions to help you spend most of your workday in the zone. Keeping chatter restricted to the issue tracking system keeps conversations organized and minimizes distractions. Genuine emergencies are handled over phone calls.
About 80%+ of your time is spent architecting or writing code. The remaining time is spent on team communication – reviewing proposed solutions from teammates, clarification on requirements, etc.
The types of projects and problems you encounter are everything related to MVC frameworks. Identify business problems, abstract them into models and serve the content through a browser.
If forced to choose between technical expertise and teamwork, we choose teamwork every time. Our projects are too large for a single developer to manage on their own. Instead, the project manager distributes tasks in a way that leads to individuals owning large sections of code.
Because the team is 100% remote and the hours are flexible, everyone places a heavy emphasis on the following:
– Test-driven development. Our code is a reflection of ourselves and our work ethic. Every member of the team needs to prove to his colleagues that the committed code is production-ready.
– Incremental change. Major changes have a way of turning into major problems. Commits are best broken down into bite-sized steps to minimize the introduction of bugs.
– Proactive ownership over the codebase. If you see a problem, create a new issue to ensure that the team addresses problems before clients even know that they exist. Team members are expected to not only find problems but to feel motivated to fix them without direction.
Our current projects are for
- A network of hormone replacement therapy clinics across the United States
- Financial Trading Platform
- Enterprise B2B SaaS
- Mystery Shopper recruitment platform
Communication and Cooperation
You need to clearly understand and articulate complex problems in English. English does not need to be your first language, but an advanced level of proficiency is required. While we encourage you to work the hours that best suit you, we do expect at least 3 hours to overlap with the US business day ((GMT-05:00) Eastern Time).
Self Motivation is a highly valued trait amongst our developers. This is particularly important for remote developers who need to maintain disciplined thoughts and actions to produce consistent results of a high quality.
An independent worker who is also able to function as a team member. We like to see our developers take ownership of tasks and solve problems using industry best practices.
Apply now and work remotely at Accruvia
We're looking for a Software Engineer with a passion for web design and delightful user interfaces to join the team at Reincubate. You will be working to improve the experience of our users as they interact with our sites to learn about and try our apps, such as Camo and iPhone Backup Extractor.
Our customers include teams at Apple, Google, Facebook, Microsoft, and Amazon, the world’s top universities, VIPs around the world, and plenty of people who just want to look better online. Our work has been recognised by HM Queen Elizabeth II, the NYT, WSJ, and the BBC.
Find out more about Reincubate at https://reincubate.com/about/.
- Be in charge of making our websites more beautiful and user-friendly.
- Build new and delightful experiences for our users.
- Help modernise our tooling, front-end architecture and development practices.
- Contribute to the design vision across the company, from our apps and websites to our staff swag.
- Help you setup and contribute to a productive working environment, wherever you are: delight builds on delight.
- Give you autonomy in your work. We trust you to solve hard problems well.
- Help you settle into your role, manage your responsibilities, and grow as a member of the team. We believe progress comes through sustainable growth.
- Foster a space for you to share your opinions and ideas on any topic. Integrity and openness are bedrocks of how we interact with one another and our users.
- Provide excellent benefits: 25 days’ paid vacation, flexible hours, remote work, share options, healthcare, matched 401(k), Apple equipment, home-office & professional development allowances… or cash equivalents, if you prefer.
You might suit this role if you:
- Like being part of the design process and are comfortable bringing your own thoughts to the conversation.
- Can pick up existing projects quickly and devise iterative improvements without major refactors.
- Enjoy working as part of a small, focused team of individual contributors, and like taking ownership of projects from initial planning to release.
- Relate to our values: creating delight, “it just works”, sustainability, and integrity.
- Wish there were more websites that felt "just right".
We're looking for:
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and JS, with bonus points for experience with Vue.js specifically.
- Experience building websites with an awareness of clean design, accessibility, performance, and browser compatibility.
- An awareness of design prototyping tools, web development best-practices and trends, and the workings of internet.
Apply now and work remotely at Reincubate
About us 👨👩👧👦
We’re a young and enthusiastic team of 15 computer scientists and environmental engineers. Together, we’re building smart software to automatically detect damages in sewer inspection videos and tell cities when to fix their underground pipes. We’re passionate about making cities more sustainable with modern technology and bringing some fresh air into this antiquated industry. Learn all about us at hades.ai.
Your Responsibilities 💪
- Take charge of our web application and infrastructure
- Be responsible for developing new features, from the blueprint all the way to shipping production code
- Make sure our software architecture and code is robust, well-documented, and easily extensible
- Decide together with us what we should work on next
- Actively participate in important software architecture decisions and technical discussions
Our Tech Stack 🚀
- Frontend: Typescript, MobX, React, WebGL, Canvas
- Backend: Python, Typescript, Postgres, Django
- Infrastructure: Kubernetes, Docker
- Experienced and comfortable in web development
- Not afraid of inventing new algorithms and big O-notation
- Familiar with shipping production code in a team: project planning, code reviews, unit tests, and CI pipelines are not a mystery to you
- Debugging master: able to chase down every bug (even really nasty race conditions)
- Can design data structures and is able to oversee the consequences of important software architecture decisions
- Bonus: Some familiarity with MobX, HTML Canvas, WebGL, or 3D graphics
- Bonus: Experience in project management and team leadership
Have a positive impact on society and the environment
Autonomy: have an idea for a new feature or technology we should use? We’re listening
Impact: everything you work on will go straight into the product and make people’s lives easier immediately
Fast iterations: we deploy twice a day
A motivated, clever, fun, and supportive team that loves geeking out about the latest tech
Work directly with the founding team
Apply now and work remotely at Hades