Are you passionate about building tools that have an immediate impact on your customers?
Do you have a thirst for breaking down complex, interesting initiatives into scalable code?
Do you thrive when you're contributing to a high-performing, humble team?
Do you love walking home from work knowing that you empowered other developers, delivered value to your customers, and got to work on some gnarly code — all in the same day?
Amazing, then you’re the type of person we’re looking for!
At Jungle Scout, we are on a mission to empower entrepreneurs to be successful Amazon sellers. We work hard, keep it real and do it all for our customers by providing industry-leading tools, education and content.
We’re growing and we are looking to add a Senior Software Engineer to our fast-paced and customer-oriented Engineering team. This will be a remote position preferably in Poland but we are open to hiring the right talent remote anywhere in Eastern Europe.
Interested in learning more? Let’s get into the details:
What you will be doing:
- Architect and build. First and foremost, you will be building and architecting new web applications and microservices that are required, as well as creating new features on our existing applications.
- Make recommendations. You will play an active role in the way we make decisions around technologies to be used for new applications and improvements on existing applications
- Scale, maintain, and improve. As we continue to grow, you’ll anticipate challenges before they happen by maintaining existing codebases and system infrastructures, as well as enhancing the development, staging and production environments of our applications.
- Participate and contribute. You’ll have an active hand in code reviews, as well as in project planning and management. You’ll also provide input for ongoing improvement of engineering practices and procedures.
- Passionate mentor. We are firm believers in knowledge sharing and supporting team development. You will coach junior and intermediate developers on programming and infrastructure best practices.
If you are thinking “heck yeah!”, please read on….
Who you are:
- Master classer. We’re looking for someone who crushes it when it comes to deploying and managing staging and production environments on Heroku and AWS.
- AWS Cloud Guru: 4+ years experience working with some subset of AWS services, such as: EC2, RDS, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, ElasticBeanstalk, Lambda, Cloudwatch, SQS, Kinesis and SNS
- Fluent in English. You’re ready to dive in and communicate easily with our North American teams.
- Remote-friendly. You’re comfortable working with a remote team, and familiar with the tools and technologies to make magic happen without the facetime.
Who we are:
Jungle Scout is the leading all-in-one tool for selling on Amazon, with the mission of providing powerful data and insights to help entrepreneurs and brands grow successful Amazon businesses.
The Jungle Scout team is a group of smart, motivated, and fun-loving professionals working hard to help our customers achieve success. We have 145+ team members around the world, including in our headquarters in Austin, TX, and offices in Vancouver, BC and Shenzhen, China.
Apply now and work remotely at Jungle ScoutApply
Human Friendly React Engineer
Shogun, and we're on a mission to help people create the best eCommerce experiences in the world.
We're a graduate of the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, we just recently raised a Series A round, we have over 14,000 active paying clients, and we're preparing to launch a new product in 2020 called Shogun Frontend (you can read more about that in Tech Crunch).
Our team is fully remote, distributed and global (check out our team page)! We have no office, so we are looking for team members that are comfortable with and motivated by the opportunity to work remotely.
An experienced front-end Software Engineer in North America or the UK who will be working directly on one of our client-facing products, helping people build highly performant pages and PWAs for their eCommerce stores.
You'll be working in an agile team responsible for building UIs and tools for making web apps by utilizing modern technologies and solutions like TypeScript, React, Webpack, GraphQL, etc
You'll write well designed, testable, readable and scalable code in accordance to clean code principles and team agreement
You'll work closely with design, product management, and development teams to create elegant, interactive and highly performant interfaces
You'll take proactive ownership of tasks and see them through to completion, and take responsibility for coding, bug testing, general software deployment, and tracking the product through its lifecycle, along with communicating with other internal teams
You'll regularly contribute to discussions and brainstorm high quality ideas that result in adoption and improvements
You'll proactively share knowledge and help your team evolve
Have worked everyday with TypeScript for at least two years
Excellent knowledge of React and testing (Jest, React-Testing-Library, etc)
2+ years knowledge of GraphQL, Node.js, and Next.js
Advanced understanding of web fundamentals (accessibility, security, DOM, SEO, how browsers work, etc)
Deep knowledge about web performance and page speed with React, Google Lighthouse, and more.
Great knowledge of Webpack and how to configure it properly
Love of engineering practices like continuous delivery and automated testing
Good written and verbal communication in English
Real-world TypeScript code we can review
Knowledge of bundlers outside of Webpack (e.g. Rollup or Parcel) and their proper configurations
Working experience building PWAs
A competitive salary
Benefits (vary by location)
An environment that cares highly about the quality of the code and good practices. We’ve suffered enough without them!
A fully remote work environment - our team is global and has been remote from the very start!
Occasionally, we hire on a full time contractor basis to begin with. Team members enjoy the same opportunities for great compensation, full time positions, and consideration, regardless of location.
Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what's right over what's easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other.
People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent.
Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth.
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class
Apply now and work remotely at Shogun
Mid Senior Front End Developer
Series Eight is a small, remote digital product studio with a team spanning across the UK and Europe. We are design driven — bringing motion and experience to desktop and mobile.
We are are at an exciting stage in our development, having made it through our formative years (with a few awards in tow 🏆) we are ready to put down some roots, define our processes, build a culture and create a world class fully remote team.
We are looking for a Mid/Senior Front-End/Full-Stack Developer to lead this next stage. Someone that is excited to help shape our company, to create the conditions for our developers to grow, and that doesn’t mind getting their hands dirty building out challenging projects for our clients.
- You know and love the basics: semantic HTML and pure CSS (SCSS)
- Sound CMS Experience (CraftCMS, Shopify, Wordpress)
- Understand and have built sites using GraphQL
- Your sites load lightning fast ⚡
- You know Git pretty well
- You are a positive person and enjoy communicating with both team members and clients
- You love to learn
- You enjoy bringing sites to life using CSS animation/animation libraries
- You have open-source code on your Github profile
- You have agency Experience
- Remote team building events
- Personal time for personal projects
- A budget for learning
Wanna join? 🤓
Apply now and work remotely at Series EightApply