Senior Full Stack Engineer
We are seeking a driven and innovative experienced full stack engineer to join our growing team and help generate solutions to address and meet various requirements and needs to transform healthcare. In this role, you will work on a variety of projects and will play a key part in making sure that end results are designed and delivered according to the relevant business requirements.
As a senior engineer, you will help develop our React front-end application, and our Elixir-based backend APIs. Work on interesting challenges like expanding our React front-end, building intuitive user interfaces and workflows, and writing scalable APIs. We’re looking for a strong product-focused engineer who can work quickly on a small team to lead up important parts of our application stack.
To be successful as a senior engineer, you should be able to integrate new functionality into the existing systems architecture, while taking a measured approach to refactoring and improving existing code. An outstanding senior engineer should be able to simply explain complex problems to stakeholders.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Processing client requirements into actionable implementation.
- Work with customers, product team, stakeholders, UX experts, and the blockit platform engineering team to design and develop solutions to challenging problems, leading initiatives and providing guidance to technical and non technical stakeholders.
- You will be challenged to learn new things, use new technology, understand complex relationships with back office systems, and participate in the shaping of solution delivery.
- Provide thought guidance in systems engineering methods and bring your passion for technology to motivate and inspire on a day to day basis.
- Take calculated risks, learn from success or failure, and apply that to the next problem in the pipeline.
- Collaborate across the organization to establish unified and intelligent designs, robust interactions, and minimal code footprint required to deliver features.
- Do all this in a way that respects teamwork, diversity of opinion, and which maintains blockit’s core values.
- Scrutinize project constraints to analyze alternatives, mitigate risks, and conduct process re-engineering as necessary.
- Participate in resolving technical problems as they arise.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Strong organizational and influencing skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent and relevant experience.
- 2 years experience designing software and building applications using:
- Microservices built in Elixir, connected using GraphQL.
- React on the frontend (not even a single line jQuery, phew!)
- Kubernetes on Google Cloud Platform, Docker, Postgres.
- Github and CircleCI for Development/CD.
- REST APIs
- Knowledge in aspects of documentation, wireframing and presentation
- Familiarity with toolsets to interact, manipulate, and log on to SAAS applications
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
A solid software development foundation including competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design
Experience with healthcare technologies utilizing HL7 and FHIR
A demonstrated track record of being a change agent, leaving every team and process better than you found it
Previous experience designing complex technical solutions for cloud based software platforms
Apply now and work remotely at Blockit Now, Inc.
Senior Software Engineer React React
We value well-tested, reusable code and expect our engineers and data scientists to be as good of practitioners as they are leaders and teachers.
About This Role
Very is a remote-first company, meaning we don’t have a physical office, and you can work from anywhere in the continental United States. Your home, a co-working space, on the road, you name it. If you feel like moving, you don’t have to change jobs.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be working across multiple technologies developing data centric-solutions. This requires an interest in API engineering, DevOps, SQL and NoSQL databases, cloud infrastructure and everything in between…
In this role, you will be exposed to each of the following technologies in order of importance:
- Mobile: iOS, Android, React Native
- Python: Flask, Django, SciKit-Learn, Pandas
- Ruby on Rails
- Elixir, Phoenix, and Nerves
- AWS: AWS Lambda and the Serverless Framework
We value well-tested, reusable code and expect our engineers to be as good of practitioners as they are leaders and teachers.
What You’ll Be Working On
Very is a fully-distributed IoT engineering firm, partnering with our clients to build systems for smart manufacturing, smart energy & utilities, consumer electronics, and connected wellness. Learn more at verypossible.com
Currently, we have a long-running client with needs matching this specific job description, and you will be hired into this project. You’ll spend the majority of your time working on this project, and the remainder of your time can be spent improving Very. These internal contributions often include working on open source projects, building internal products, improving your craft, educating others, and more.
Upon completion of this project, you will move on to other client projects for Very.
How You’ll Be Compensated
We believe in a transparent, fair compensation structure and have developed our own open salary formula. Depending on your skill and experience, you can expect your base compensation to be somewhere between $90,100 and $109,750 upon joining the company. We also offer performance bonuses, a generous maternity/paternity leave policy, up to $6,000 in annual 401K matching, and numerous other employee benefits including reimbursement for home office equipment and gym memberships.
Apply now and work remotely at Very LLC