Senior Frontend Engineer
Otis is looking for talented frontend engineers to bring our vision of democratizing wealth to life. We're not looking for rockstars or ninjas; we're simply looking for smart people who are always willing to learn, enjoy collaborating, and never shy away from a challenge.
You'll be joining a lean engineering team working to build a consumer facing app at the intersection of culture and fintech, poised to scale in the coming year.
Note that we are open to a range of commitment levels (full-time, part-time, and contract work) and are happy to work with team members to find the best work structure for their lives.
What you'll do:
- As a frontend engineer, you will play a key role building our mobile app in React Native and Redux.
- This includes building new features, maintaining and improving our codebase, and providing feedback on APIs and architecture.
- Our team is highly collaborative, and you’ll also have the chance to provide feedback on everything from culture to architecture, as well as team operations and the overall product.
Who you are:
- You have 2+ years experience with React or Vue.
- You are obsessed with clean code. You take pride in great class design and choosing the right level of abstraction. Tests are your best friend.
- You love keeping up with the latest developments in the mobile world. Last year, you were mad that Hooks for React hadn't been released yet.
- You're familiar with REST APIs. You immediately wrinkle your nose when you see POST /update_name.
- We prefer generalists over specialists and look for candidates with a history of pushing past their comfort zone and learning new things.
- You understand—and are excited to join—an early stage company and have the opportunity to play a critical part in building the app and new features.
- U.S. work authorization with no visa sponsorship required.
Want to learn more?
Take a look at our culture docs (here: https://www.notion.so/otiswealth/Curious-about-Otis-46df28b7e37c4b1fa5e4681a0efda4e4), including details on compensation, potential projects, and more.
At Otis, we turn aficionados into shareholders. We believe in transparency, liquidity, and trusting your own gut. We're democratizing an otherwise closed market and making alternative assets accessible. Invest in the things that you value, and whose value you understand, for as little as $25 and build a portfolio better suited to a museum than a stock ticker.
We have a saying here: “we design our culture like we design the product.” Culture is the most important foundation for a successful company. A great culture provides the context for people to deliver their best work. Our goal is to find the fastest way to win. Our culture is designed to allow us to achieve this (read more here: https://www.notion.so/otiswealth/Culture-cf25a1c921b142b2a67ae993493bae13).
We don’t believe that better negotiators necessarily make better employees. Every employee can see their current salary, the salary levels for their team, and what each level’s salary increase would amount to in the future. This allows us to offer equal pay to all employees.
Otis is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a culture where diverse thoughts are welcomed and rewarded.
Apply now and work remotely at Otis