Lead Developer Open Source
At Checkly, we work on three things:
- The best active monitoring service for modern developers: https://checklyhq.com
- The open source Headless Recorder with ~10k ⭐️
- The open source Headles Browser knowledge base https://theheadless.dev
Harden & expand our backend
Our backend runs on Hapi.js and a collection of custom job runners and Lambda applications distributed around the globe. We've ran almost 500 million checks already and are ramping up for a lot more. We use AWS Lambda/SQS/SNS/S3, Heroku, Postgres, & Redis. You will help us scale, harden and expand our backend: from the API to the background workers.
Build & shape our frontend
You will be working together with our frontend lead and design lead on all aspects of our Vue.js based frontend. Projects we have lined up are new dashboards & graphs, a collection of 3rd party integrations, in browser code editors and real time metric feeds. Almost no boring CRUD forms!
- You have experience in writing tests for frontend and backend.
- You like to work in a growing company with experienced founders.
- You know how to communicate with coworkers and customers in English.
- You are quick to pick up on new stuff and enjoy the process of learning new things.
- You love making software!
Hands-on experience with UX design.
Experience with building SaaS tools for developers.
What we offer
Flexible work hours.
Work with the latest technologies.
Contribute to open source.
Modern laptop and equipment provided.
Apply now and work remotely at Checkly
Lead back end developer
Simpleweb has an opportunity for an experienced badass lead back-end developer to join our team of coders, creatives and entrepreneurs – working with businesses that put people before profit.
We’re looking for an individual who:
- Is confident in communicating with clients in writing and face to face (virtually or in person covid permitting)
- Has excellent engineering and problem solving skills
- Has an exceptional understanding of the web and its protocols
- Has a great understanding of databases
- Is exceptional in at least one of the following: PHP, Python or Ruby
- Has a good understanding of various server technologies such as AWS, Ansible, Docker
- The desire to learn new languages and skills
- A proven development experience
- Has the ability to demonstrate passion and initiative
Additional experience, areas of expertise or even a keen interest of the following would be massively beneficial to your application.
- ML/Neural nets
- React and React Native
We build and invest in brilliant startups, working on projects with real purpose that change peoples lives for the better. For you this will mean working with talented and passionate people; influencing both the design and function of products that have huge positive potential for both people and planet.
You can see some of our investments and projects on the Simpleweb Portfolio page.
We love nothing more than to nurture talent and respect that different brains work in different ways. That said, you’ll regularly find us experimenting with new ways of doing things and our ears will always prick up at your ideas, big or small.
You’ll find that the team has some wide-ranging personal interests too so, when we’re not geeking out about tech and design, we’re never short of mind-expanding topics to mull over. We also love to organise regular hack-nights for the wider dev community and have been known to take our team off on exciting trips (both locally in Bristol and abroad)! COVID has curtailed these activities but we’ll be starting them again once it’s safe to do so.
Don’t take our word for it – last year we were awarded the accolade of Employer of the Year by the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) for our commitment to team culture and personal development.
Come and build the future with us.
Benefits and Perks:
- Fair salary reflecting experience
- Team socials
- Very competitive pension
- Your religious holidays respected
- Private medical insurance
- Shared parental leave & pay policy
- Personal development / conference budget
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
Remote working and flexible hours (IRL community is a big deal to us so, when you feel it’s safe, we’d like to see you in the office at least once a month ideally)
Apply now and work remotely at Simpleweb
Tech Lead .NET Angular
We are looking for a tech lead with strong background in .NET Core and Angular. As part of our growing team you will have significant influence on the choice of libraries, frameworks, architectures and even programming languages. You will also be the go-to person for all things tech so a broad technical background is preferable.
Work with the product owner to translate business requirements into tech solutions
Work with the CTO to develop and improve the solution architecture
Lead the tech team in transforming solutions to code
Choose the right frameworks and patterns for the job
Ensure the codebase is kept stable and clean
Integrate with third-party systems
Administer the infrastructure in AWS using Terraform and CLI
You should have 10+ years of experience working as full stack developer, architect and/or tech lead. People describe you as a "tech whiz", "code ninja" or similar. Thorough understanding how web applications are built. Great problem solving skills. Experience in OO and FP. Burning interest in technology.
Can-do attitude. Working knowledge of Agile software development methodologies and experience working in a Scrum team. Excellent communication skills, good knowledge of the English language is a must.
Angular 10 (CSR and SSR)
ASP.NET Core 3 REST API
Elasticsearch + NEST client
Nginx as reverse proxy
Wordpress as a headless CMS
Legacy web solution using .NET Framework
Infrastructure on AWS (ECS Fargate, RDS, EFS, S3, SQS, Lambda etc)
Jira / Confluence / BitBucket
Apply now and work remotely at Varden Online Sverige
Senior Product Designer
Remote work needs a different playbook. Base builds tools that help remote teams know each other better, and communicate more openly and asynchronously.
We're Matt and Jan. We're second time founders (previous companies acq by Dropbox) and makers and have recently closed our seed financing round from top US and EU investors. We're looking for our first designer to join us as founding team members.
- Designing the Base apps for web, desktop and mobile
- Establishing and fostering design-led culture and process
- Collaborating with the founders and engineers
- Talking to customers, gathering feedback and understanding what they want
High attention to detail
Experience designing with a team (ideally at a startup)
You enjoy crafting software used by hundreds of thousands of people
You can code (Framer, React, Swift) to demonstrate your ideas (or want to learn!)
You like the idea of working remotely
Apply now and work remotely at Base
Frontend React Developer For E Commerce Analytics Product
Scalable Path is looking for a Senior Full Stack Laravel/React Developer to join the team and work on a client project. This is a remote, full-time position.
CLIENT COMPANY DESCRIPTION:
The client is building a tool for the Clinical Trial industry that helps them recruit, qualify, schedule, and manage clinical trial participants.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
You will be helping to build a web application that manages the intake and onboarding of new users/patients (includes a dynamic questionnaire with multiple user journeys, video conferencing with a doctor, and scheduling with multiple facility sites). Additionally, you will be building a CRM/Management dashboard with multiple user personas/permissions to manage different users/patients throughout their patient journey.
One key area that the client needs help with is setting up their CI/CD pipeline. You will be setting up a CI/CD pipeline using AWS and other tools (testing libraries, etc.) and feel comfortable recommending and implementing a solution.
RELATIONSHIPS - WHO YOU'LL BE WORKING WITH:
You will be reporting to the Head of Product and working with one other developer on this project. More developers may join the project later. There is also a designer involved in the project who will be providing wireframes and final designs. The client is in the America/Los Angeles (-07:00) PDT time zone.
- Strong written and spoken English skills
- PHP (Laravel)
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Experience setting up hosting and deployment on AWS (DevOps)
- Comfort with scrappy startup environments
- Web application experience with mobile-friendly/responsive site design.
- Comfort integrating with various APIs, such as Twilio video integration.
- Ability to give technical guidance/advice on what tools and architectural decisions to make based on requirements.
DESIRED (NICE-TO-HAVE) SKILLS:
- Establish best practices for eventually attaining SOC 2 / HiTrust and other similar security attestations.
As soon as possible.
EXPECTED CONTRACT DURATION:
Apply now and work remotely at Scalable Path