At Powerpal we’re building Australia’s largest residential energy engagement platform. Our customers love us – they’re saving money on their bills and helping out with the climate crisis at the same time!
We’re full-stack from the batteries up. We design and manufacture our own IoT hardware which connects through our cross-platform mobile apps to a cutting edge cloud platform allowing us to build amazing customer experiences on top of huge volumes of data.
We build and maintain a React Native iOS/Android mobile app, a range of Go and Ruby microservice APIs running on Kubernetes, and a Bigtable/Bigquery/Dataflow big data platform – all hosted on on Google Cloud Platform.
We love clean code, automated testing, CI/CD and believe in a true devops workflow where the same team designs, builds, tests, deploys and monitors end-to-end products.
We’re a fully remote team with huge amounts of flexibility and autonomy to set your own schedule and drive your own projects. Ideally you’ll be based close to Sydney, Melbourne or Wollongong so that we can get the team together for a couple of days per month to socialise and share ideas.
A Typical Day
There are so many exciting projects to work on as the company accelerates that no two days are the same, but recently we have been mostly:
- Planning new features for customers with rooftop solar across the Powerpal hardware, mobile app and data platform.
- Building tools to support the rollout of tens of thousands of free Powerpals in Victoria with an amazing customer booking experience and geospatial logistics for our team of installers.
- Moving our terabyte scale time-series database from Postgres to Bigtable with zero downtime.
- Keeping in touch with the team over Slack and Friday afternoon Zoom beers.
- Optimising our cross-platform app to provide the best possible Bluetooth connectivity and background power management across a variety of mobile hardware.
- Ensuring that our cloud infrastructure autoscales and self-heals so that we can ignore it entirely when we’re on holiday.
- Working with our energy industry partners to launch load shifting and demand response experiences to reward customers for balancing their power usage throughout the day.
- Going to the beach on a sunny Wednesday without meetings and getting some quiet coding done on a rainy Sunday afternoon instead.
What You’ll Need
- Minimum of 3 years development experience across a range of projects, technologies and organisations across both iOS and Android.
- Ideally, you’ll have experience using our core stack (Go, Ruby, JS, Kubernetes).
- A previous lead role on a major end-to-end product delivering mobile, web and backend components.
- Significant experience building web-based APIs and their associated data stores (both SQL and NOSQL).
- At least one major project involving big data storage and asynchronous data processing.
- A demonstrated ability to work autonomously and take ownership of teams delivering end-to-end products.
- A background in deploying and owning cloud services (we use Google Cloud, but AWS or Azure will transfer perfectly).
What You’ll Get To Do
- Lead teams delivering user-facing projects with end-to-end features that touch the React Native mobile app, our backend APIs and our big data platform.
- Build a beautiful mobile user experience to help our customers see their power and use it improve their lifestyle.
- Build new tools to support manufacturing, rollout logistics and fleet management of tens of thousands of IoT devices.
- Take a leading role in driving our future mobile direction. Should we be considering dedicated native apps? Should we be using Typescript? How can we make our user experience even better?
- Integrate with our existing backend APIs and get involved in the design and development of new APIs to support the mobile app’s needs.
- Work on hard problems around scaling real-time data feeds with gigabytes of time-series data arriving every day.
- Share ownership of the whole Powerpal system and take responsibility for ensuring that the projects you work on can be deployed, monitored, and maintained without friction.
- Improve the quality of our existing codebases and expand our automated unit testing to include higher level end-to-end testing in multiple environments.
- Help to set the direction for a great developer experience from the laptop to the cloud as we scale our build, test and deployment processes to support a larger team.
- Up to $180k plus super (depending on your specific experience).
- Negotiable equity (options) in a profitable and rapidly growing startup.
- A new Macbook Pro or equivalent value in mobile devices and home office upgrades as necessary.
- A free Powerpal for your home
It doesn’t get better than this! Work at the cutting edge of development as part of this hands-on role whilst helping to drive the development strategy roadmap for an ambitious, growth phase tech start up. An industry leading salary and benefits package is on offer to the successful candidate. Apply now
Apply now and work remotely at Powerpal
React Native Lead Developer
If you’re an experienced React Native developer who is passionate about mental health, startups, and working remotely — we’ve got the job for you.
We don’t believe in being stuck in a boring 9-to-5; clocking in and clocking out. We believe that a job you love is a job worth doing. We work with purpose and meaning — for ourselves, and for our users.
Bravely is a small, young startup building a mental health solution that is desperately needed today (especially for 2020). We give people the ability to (a) track physiological factors that influence mental health, and (b) access evidence-based, therapy methods & psychology knowledge that is currently only found in dry, boring textbooks.
We’ll have fun, learn as we go, and build something we’re excited by. This is a chance to create something with the potential to help millions around the globe. We want someone we trust to join us in the driver’s seat, helping to steer Bravely towards its mission.
What working with us looks like:
- We’re young, but ambitious — It’s still very early days for Bravely, but we know it’s the start of something epic. We know it’ll take hard work and learning to get there, but we’re absurdly passionate and stubbornly determined to build something that will help people around the world.
- We’re always learning— Products never succeed in a silo. They’re only successes when they’re in the hands of people, and they don’t want to let go! We strive to always be learning; be it new research studies, constant user feedback, or a new design methodology.
- We value teamwork & collaboration— They say Rome wasn’t built in a day, but it also wasn’t built alone. We work together, not apart in silos.
- We value initiative —We’re not looking for mindless drones! The business is in everyone’s hands, not the select few. If you’ve opinions or feedback, we want to hear it.
- We’re remote & flexible — We don’t believe in rigid work schedules or the old-school management method of watching your every move (rolls eyes). We don’t compromise on the things that matter (our values, our mission and our users), but we leave a lot of the rest up to you (your hours, your attire, etc.). The position is fully remote, so you have the flexibility to be wherever you need to be.
- We value taking care of your mental health — It goes without saying that we value good mental health for everyone on the team. To quantify that: taking mental health days is not only allowed, but expected. Our flexible working policy means you’re free to schedule a therapy session for yourself in the middle of your work day, or arrange for your work day to fit around your needs.
- We have fun too! — Work takes up way too much of your life to not have fun while working. We work hard, but we make sure we’re creating a healthy, friendly and fun work environment too. Team culture is something we never lose sight of.
What does the right person look like?
- This is for the role of lead developer. You’ll be in charge of leading the development of the Bravely app together with designers and researchers.
- You’ll have had prior experience building mobile apps with React Native. Any experience with leading the development of a product in a startup will be highly valuable. Any experience with psychology, therapy or mental health will also be helpful, but not necessary.
- You should be responsible, proactive, and organised, with a personal belief in constantly improving and iterating. We want to explicitly state that you can be of any nationality, race, gender, sexual orientation or religion. The only requirement we have is for you to be open-minded and tolerant of anyone different to you. And if you’re the type to share funny video alongside thoughtful articles, we welcome you with open arms!
- Bravely is fully bootstrapped. We’re on the lookout for someone to join us in the important lead developer role for SGD 5k / month. We aim to give vested stock options to our early founding members.
What skills and traits are we looking for?
- A strong background of at least 3 years working with React Native. Experience with React on web would be ideal, but mobile is the definite priority.
- Experience as a lead developer on digital products.
- Someone who believes in user-research and design-led products.
- Familiar with startup minded businesses — specifically with being lean, agile and to expect iterations with continuous user feedback.
- Ability and ambitious to one day lead a development team.
- Possession of a clear, organised workflow, who writes clean, well-maintained code.
- An awesome attitude + no ego + team-player (no lone wolves).
- Constantly learning and sharing knowledge + seeks out, appreciates and also returns feedback.
- Experience with working remotely is ideal but not necessary.
Apply now and work remotely at Bravely - Mental Health
Product Visual Designer
We know that during this time there are concerns around the actuality of hiring needs, we want to assure you that this job is posted for a need that we are eagerly looking to fill. We would love to see your application!
Clevertech is a leading consultancy that is on a mission to build transformational digital solutions for the world’s most innovative organizations. Enterprise companies turn to Clevertech to help them launch innovative digital products that interact with hundreds of millions of customers, transactions, and data points.
What is Required:
Significant experience with specific accomplishments in React and NodeJS
Clearly communicate complex concepts verbally in English
- Strong understanding of the agile software development process
We know that people do their best work when they’re taken care of. So we make sure to offer great benefits.
Competitive Vacation Package
Annual Financial Allowance for YOUR development
Flexible Family Leave
Clevertech Gives Back Program
Clevertech U (Leadership Program, Habit Building, New Skills Training)
Strong Clevertech Community
How We Work
Are you curious about what it's like to work at Clevertech? Check out our YouTube channel to hear directly from Clevertech developers.
People join Clevertech to make an impact. To grow themselves. To be surrounded by developers who they can learn from.
We've found that innovation comes from an exchange of knowledge across all of our teams. To put people on the path for success, we nurture a culture built on trust, collaboration, and personal growth. You will work in small feature-based cross-functional teams and be empowered to take ownership.
We make a point of constantly evolving our experience and skills. We value diverse perspectives and fostering personal growth by challenging everyone to push beyond our comfort level and try something new.
The result? Meaningful work.
We hire people from a variety of backgrounds who are respectful, collaborative, and introspective. Members of the tech team, for example, come from diverse backgrounds having worked as copy editors, graphic designers, and photographers prior to joining Clevertech.
Our hiring process focuses not only on your skills but also on your professional and personal ambitions. We want to get to know you. We put a lot of thought into the interview process in order to get a holistic understanding of you while being mindful of your time. You will solve problems derived from the work we do on a daily basis followed by thoughtful discussions around potential fit. Whatever the outcome, we want you to have a great candidate experience.
Want to learn more about Clevertech and the team? Check out clevertech.careers
Apply now and work remotely at Clevertech
Fullstack Lead Engineer
We help our clients (companies) hire great engineers for fully remote positions.
- Companies will reach out to you and not the other way around
- Compensation requirements are transparent upfront
- One application, access to multiple companies
- If we see you are fit for the company, we will connect you in less than 24 hours and get you on an interview
- 1 in 4 engineers interviewed by a company gets hired
- We do one! vetting process which gets you access to multiple companies
- You stay in the talent pool seen by companies until you get a job
- Completely free for developers
- 3+ years of experience working as a fullstack engineer
- Working with Typescript is a bonus
- Experience working with AWS, MySQL is a big bonus
- Experience working with Docker, Terraform
- Experience designing and working with RestAPI and GraphQL is a plus
- After passing Remotesome's screening process, you will be seen by multiple companies across NA and EU with some of them including leading companies in their industry
- You will set your job preferences and salary expectations upfront
- You decide with which client or company you want to work with
- No need for cover letters
- Compensation agreement upfront, salary expectations are transparent from the start
Apply now and work remotely at Remotesome
What We Do
Overleaf is a startup and social enterprise that builds modern collaborative authoring tools for scientists — like Google Docs for Science. We have over six million registered users from around the world. Our primary product is an online, real-time collaborative editor for papers, theses, technical reports and other documents written in the LaTeX markup language.
Who We Are
Overleaf was founded by two mathematicians who were inspired by their own experiences in academia to create a better solution for scientific collaboration and communication. Now we are a team of about forty with fifteen developers, based mainly in and around the UK and in the US. We were recently recognised as one of the UK's top 100 fastest growing businesses and as the Best SaaS for Nonprofits or Education in the 2020 SaaS Awards Program.
Overleaf is based on open source software, and most of our product code is itself open source. You can find it on GitHub: https://github.com/overleaf/overleaf (note: most activity is in the repos linked from there).
We run a mainly Node.js back end using MongoDB, PostgreSQL and Redis. We use a microservices architecture, with about a dozen services. On the front end, we mainly use Angular v1 and are incrementally migrating to React.
We're hosted on Google Cloud Platform using Google Kubernetes Engine. We use Docker to manage our development environments. We support continuous delivery and typically deploy at least a few times a day (less on Fridays).
How We Work
Overleaf is remote-first --- all founders and staff work remotely. We also have an office in Farringdon for those in the London area, and when the pandemic settles down we'll again get the whole team together in London a few times a year for face-to-face time.
We encourage flexible working. Our core hours are 2pm–5pm UK time, during which our development teams have 10–15 minute daily standup calls. We have few standing meetings for developers, but we do many smaller video or voice calls for pairing or within teams.
We always collect user feedback to inform our work. We have UX professionals on our team, and we run many surveys and user interviews.
We organize our work with Kanban. We use GitHub pull requests for each feature with code review to share knowledge and best practices (and catch bugs). We test thoroughly with automated unit and acceptance tests, supported by continuous integration (CI). We're also fans of linting to minimise bike-shedding (and to catch bugs).
About This Role
We plan to add two developers to our team, both with a backend focus. Experience with some of Node.js, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Redis or Kubernetes is desirable. We are also particularly interested in meeting you if:
- you'd be interested in taking up a team lead role in the not too distant future, or
- you have experience with setting up data pipelines for web analytics and/or business intelligence.
Key projects on our road map this year include:
- Improve our B2C conversion metrics and monitoring — we'll be setting up a new web analytics system to generate insights we need while continuing to respect user privacy
- Consolidate our two project history systems — we currently have two from our integration with ShareLaTeX in 2017, each with hundreds of TB to be consolidated
- Make our project PDF preview faster and less bandwidth hungry — we have prototypes showing big wins that now need productionizing
Here are some examples of projects (large and small) we've recently completed:
In the longer term, we are planning projects around improved collaboration features for teams, improvements to our rich text mode, and more.
How We Hire
The stages in our hiring process are typically:
We will aim to update you on the status of your application within 14 days from when we receive it.
We'll follow up by email (or sometimes schedule a phone call) with any questions we have about your application, usually around logistics, your ambitions and your expectations about the role.
We'll schedule a more in-depth interview, which is typically two hours long. The first hour is discussion, and the second hour is technical. For the technical, you'll have the option of either completing a homework assignment, which requires about one hour of your time before the interview, or solving a problem in the interview, if you prefer. The problems are practical in nature (no fizz-buzz or reversing linked lists), and you can use Google, man pages, etc., and ask us questions.
We'll make an offer. We usually interview in batches, so there may be a short delay while we interview other candidates, but we will try to keep you informed throughout the process.
If you have a deadline, please let us know in your application, and we will try to be accommodating.
We require that you:
- have a minimum of 2–3 years of relevant experience (we aren't taking on more new graduates at the moment).
- will work for us full time (or nearly full time).
- will usually be available in our core hours, 2pm–5pm UK time.
Applicants in the UK, Europe, US and Canada are preferred.
Experience with the technologies we use is always a plus, but you don't need to know them all; your ability to learn is much more important to us.
- Remote and flexible working.
- Salary £40k–£75k per year depending on experience.
- You would join a small, dedicated and growing team.
- We're substantially (around 80%) open source, so your work will often be on open source code.
- We're backed by Bethnal Green Ventures (https://bethnalgreenventures.com/) and Digital Science (https://www.digital-science.com/), through which we're part of a wider community of startups in science, health and ed-tech.
- Our London office is shared with several other Digital Science companies, so there's lots of interesting people to meet, and clubs and sports activities outside of work.
- We get everyone together in London for team meetings several times a year for valuable face-to-face time (pandemic permitting).
- You can pick your own equipment. MacBook Pro? Lenovo ThinkPad? Notebook and pen? However you like to work, we'll provide what you need.
- We provide a training budget; many of our developers choose to attend relevant industry conferences or buy training materials.
- We run quarterly remote hackathons to keep learning and experimenting.
- We run a weekly internal seminar series with short talks from staff about their work or personal projects, new technologies and techniques.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply now and work remotely at Overleaf
Associate Product Designer
At Bonfire, we work everyday to unlock the potential of custom apparel. We’ve helped tens of thousands of causes and organizations raise millions of dollars by selling their own custom apparel, and we’re searching for an experienced Webflow Designer to help bring our creative ideas to life.
As an integral contributor to our marketing and business development teams, the ideal candidate is a knowledgeable, motivated, and well-organized professional who thrives in a creative setting.
- Assume lead designer role on various web design projects such as landing pages and custom storefronts
- Take ownership of each assigned project’s design lifecycle—from ideation to execution to documentation/asset management
- Design & development of custom store pages according to the latest web trends using Webflow
- Creation & management of shared Webflow assets library
- Communicating design ideas using wireframes and interactive prototypes
- Ensure the web experience is consistent with Bonfire’s brand guidelines
- Assist in other special design projects as needed
- 4+ years of web & digital design experience
- Expertise in designing & building websites via Webflow
- Proficiency in Figma, Sketch, or other digital design tools
- Expertise with Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Adobe Photoshop)
- A solid knowledge of latest web trends, especially in e-commerce
- A solid understanding of design principles including grid systems, typography, and color theory
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at one-time while meeting deadlines and project expectations
At Bonfire, we strengthen and inspire communities by helping them design and sell high-quality custom apparel. Originating in Richmond, VA in 2012 now with team members across the world, we have changed the way people buy and sell apparel online. In doing so, we’ve been able to help thousands of organizations and individuals raise millions of dollars for the causes they care about on bonfire.com.
You’re in good company (with a good company). We offer our full-time team members:
- Competitive compensation
- A positive, engaging culture and dynamic team environment
- The chance to make a real impact on the company’s growth and history
- The ability to help make a difference in thousands of people’s lives
- An environment to grow your skills, learn new technologies, and to challenge yourself (while having fun)
Apply now and work remotely at Bonfire
React Tech Lead
WisePops is looking for a Full-Time React Lead (remote position, Europe only)
Your mission? Help us bring our product to the next level.
WisePops was founded in 2013 by Benjamin Cahen. At the time a full-time employee at Amazon, Ben managed to reach $50k in monthly revenue in 3 years with only one developer.
Now generating $1.8 million in annual revenue with over 1,000 clients such as Vans, Mixpanel, Unilever, and Postmates, and displaying over 100M popups per month worldwide, the company is looking to step up its game.
WisePops is a fully remote company (current team members are based in France, Poland and Lithuania).
- Lead the development of our rich campaign and popup builder (React + Typescript)
- Challenge technical specifications for all the front-end projects
- Help define WisePops’ product roadmap
- Identify and follow coding best practices (code tests, Cypress, reviews, CI)
- Manage the technical debt (Maintain versions of React, Styled-Components; Support the legacy code)
You’ll be working with a small remote team of top talents with experience at Amazon, Revolut, TicketSwap and Rakuten.
- 2 years of experience with React or Vue
- Experience with one CSS preprocessor (styled-component, sass) and a complex form library (redux-form, formik, final-form) are a strong plus
- Strong knowledge of webpack builder or equivalent
- Proven track record as a tech lead
- Full-stack skills are a plus (If PHP and Node.js are your things, we may engage you in projects involving these technologies)
- Fluent in English
- Based in Europe
Competitive salary based on experience and skills
Budget for coworking space
Apply now and work remotely at WisePopsApply
Nomad List is the most popular website for the fast growing movement of location independent remote workers. We have people from all the big tech companies, from hundreds of startups, and thousands of freelancers who use Nomad List every day to find places to live, work and travel to, and to meet like-minded people there.
Remote OK is the most popular remote jobs board on the web with customers like Y Combinator, Stripe, Intercom, Airtable, Invision and Sketch relying on it for hiring the best remote workers from a worldwide pool of talent. You're on it now and you're the best!
Until now I (Pieter Levels) have always done everything myself. To take off the load as a founder so I can take a break in 2021 after a years of non-stop working, and do things a bit more properly, I've started to hire people to replace me.
I'm looking to hire a Product Engineer. With that I mean a generalist software engineer focused on product outcomes rather than any specific part of the stack or language. You need to be more frontend focused than a typical programmer, and re-use any API or backend that exists to get the job done.
This is a full-time position.
- keep existing features working (we monitor most pages and API endpoints every minute)
- fix bugs that might come up (we have live PHP/JS bug tracking)
- build new features, that means coding the client side part of it (usually plain JS or w/ jQuery, but without fancy frameworks), and the back end side of it (usually plain PHP with SQLite)
- ship fast and iterate based on customer feedback (right now we deploy CI/CD-style about 50 times per day)
- you work on sites that get over 1.4 billion requests per year used by over 1 million people per month
- you work directly with me (Pieter Levels) and learn how to ship fast with a laser focus on building what customers want while learning how to market those new features directly to an audience
You should be
- autonomous and be able to figure things out for yourself, but I might go AWOL for awhile, so you need to make the best choices yourself how to fix something, or how to build a new feature
- not wanting to do things the proper overengineering way with Kubernetes clusters and Docker and multi layered sharded databases to scale like in BigCo tech enterprise; doing things proper is good but making customer's happy is the #1 priority, quickly made scrappy code can always be refactored later if a feature starts making money, instead of proper code that took a long time to write for a feature that nobody ends up using
You'll work in a team with
a Site Reliability Engineer, who keeps the sites up
a Community Manager, who keeps the Nomad List community safe
a Customer Service Specialist, who keeps our customers happy
Apply now and work remotely at Nomad List + Remote OK
Lead Front End Engineer
This position is only available for citizens of Brazil.
At AlphaSights, we search through more than 500 million professionals working in the world today to find the small handful of experts qualified to answer our clients' needs. They use these insights to drive amazing progress within their organizations. Our mission is to provide access to dispersed, hidden, and underutilized knowledge. We’ve made terrific progress working in this new space, but we’ve only just scratched the surface on how we can apply technology to this problem.
As a Front End Engineer on our Search & Discovery team, you will enable the next generation of our discovery experience by building ambitious web applications, on the edge of what is possible with today's browsers. You'll work closely with a variety of people in the business to arrive at the best solution, immediately see the impact of your work, and get feedback directly from users. We're looking for people who are interested in building software systems to an incredibly high standard, comfortable working across multiple languages, and learning new technologies as needed.
- Push the boundaries of modern front end engineering to build elegant, intuitive and optimized web applications
- Work closely with our Product Team and Design Team to identify, design and build features that have a significant business impact
- Work in small, nimble teams and form part of a highly talented guild that determines front end direction and best practices.
- Build UIs to schedule multi-party communication with heavy constraints
- Develop innovative interfaces that enable intuitive discovery and exploration of structured knowledge
- Launch new product initiatives that delight our clients and differentiate our services
You might be a fit if you:
- Have at least 5 years of industry experience
- Are passionate about delivering high performance solutions
- Know and understand the implications of the latest developments in ECMAScript
- Navigate and write backend code where necessary
- React experience a plus
We believe a broad spectrum of experience provides a great perspective on solving problems in new and innovative ways. If your background doesn't check all the boxes above, but you are passionate about front end engineering, we’d still love to hear from you.
Who you would work with:
- You would join a dynamic, multinational, and diverse team who enjoy solving interesting problems in a collaborative and distributed environment
- We have self-taught engineers as well as graduates from top Computer Science and Engineering schools
- Your co-workers will include motivated recent graduates as well as experienced industry leaders from companies such as Google and Amazon
AlphaSights is a leading global industry research platform. We leverage proprietary knowledge search technology powered by machine learning, natural language processing and data science to connect decision makers to globally distributed knowledge faster than ever before. Professionals at investment firms, consultancies, corporations and non-profits rely on us to connect them seamlessly with knowledgeable domain experts who help enhance their thinking, inform critical decisions and propel their business forward. Founded in 2008, AlphaSights currently employs nearly 1,000 professionals in nine offices around the globe and regularly ranks as one of the fastest-growing companies in the world. AlphaSights has been consistently profitable since 2010, is internally (not VC/PE) funded and pursues a strategy of ambitious long-term growth.
Find out more: http://engineering.alphasights.com
Apply now and work remotely at AlphaSights
Lead Mobile Engineer
Brainscape is a profitable, fast-growing, education startup with over 5 million registered users. Our mission is to simplify and accelerate the learning process via digital flashcards, adaptive algorithms, and cognitive science.
We seek a React Native engineer to develop our mobile app for both iOS and Android. The React Native app is already live with many happy users, but only on Android.
The first project will replace an existing native iOS app with near feature parity; but with a new, modern UI that has been created via a rigorous design process. All features will be implemented for both iOS and Android with frequent parallel releases.
Once the native iOS app has been replaced, you will continue to work on the React Native app across both platforms. You will suggest new user interactions and make existing interactions better with UI & UX improvements, and you will keep the mobile app in relative feature parity with the web app.
This is a huge opportunity to create a very high-impact product, which will be used by a large and growing number of learners of all ages. We are excited to find the right passionate engineer for this position.
- Transform our simple Android-only React Native application into a cross-platform (iOS & Android) app that can replace our existing native iOS app, with feature parity, on an aggressive timeline
- Implement clean, attractive interfaces based on mock-ups generated by UX & UI designers
- Implement smooth interactions & animations to increase user engagement
- Suggest new features, and participate in technical design sessions to translate into requirements
- Work with Q/A team to design manual and automated tests of the features you implement
At least five years of experience in software development
At least one year of experience with React Native with live app(s)
Ability to work in a small, distributed team with tight communication & project management rigor
Bonus: A passion for education, self-development, and/or habit-building.
Apply now and work remotely at Brainscape
We're looking for a builder that leads by example and gets stuck into everything that touches our product. Come help us make the best technical decisions to craft a product of lasting value for our first and future customers.
If you were to join Cogsy today, you'd be one of the first team members and can have great influence on the next steps we take.
You're likely a good fit for this position if you:
- Read these values and they resonated with you.
- Are a true product builder and can make progress both independently and within a team.
- Can put an infrastructure in place that handles / parses a lot of data.
- Can move fast and help us ship a first version (that is revenue-ready) in a cost- and time-efficient manner.
- Have always wanted to build your own team.
- You take action and pay attention to detail.
- You have superior communication skills
You will be responsible for end-to-end web application development as we work on the early versions of Cogsy's platform. This includes but is not limited to:
- Product development
- API design & development
- Database and systems administration
- Metrics / Growth / AB testing
- 3rd-party integrations
We expect you to be a generalist with the ability and confidence to work on any part of our stack. These are (some of) the tools that we work with every day:
- Relational database (MongoDB)
- Aggregation engine (Elasticsearch)
- Caching (Redis)
- Async messaging (RabbitMq)
- Bonus: Python experience
This is a remote position and you can work from wherever. It is however important that we maintain connectedness as a team and have sufficient time for synchronous work too. We'd prefer team members that are on CET or EST (or +- 1 hour difference) or work on those schedules, as that means that there is 3 / 4 hours overlap for the whole team every day.
- Salary is market-related and open for discussion / negotiation.
- True flexible work: work wherever and however you need to work to be at your best and ensure you stay connected to the team.
- Once global travel is open again, we'll do week-long team retreats in fun locations. All expenses paid of course.
- Minimum holiday policy, which basically means you take time off whenever you need it to recharge or attend to other matters. And the team will hold you accountable to taking a minimum amount of time off in any rolling 12-month window.
- Maternity and paternity leave for those individuals that plan to discover to joys of having (more) kids.
- Health insurance (powered by Safety Wing) tailored for remote team members, whether you're at home, travelling or being a nomad.
- Monthly learning and wellness allowance. Buy books, pay for your yoga class or get a Calm subscription for greater mindfulness. Whatever helps you develop as an individual and the best you is what we'll pay for.
- We are a life- and family-first company that seeks meaningful experiences outside of work and we endeavour to help our customers do the same.
Apply now and work remotely at Cogsy