About the role
In this role you will focus on various parts of the Aster application backend.
You will spend most of your time hands-on developing. We're a small team (3 engineers; 2 iOS, 1 backend) so you'll have a lot of impact on our product, and a package which includes generous equity options.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for mid/senior and junior/mid level backend engineers with full-time experience working on production backend code in a start-up environment or a financial institution.
Other things we’re looking for:
- Proficient in Python, Node.js and/or TypeScript
- Previous experience developing complex systems and an understanding of scalable microservice architecture.
- Experience using Amazon Web Services for production applications.
- Experience with Kubernetes (k8s) and ideally with AWS EKS.
- Experience with at least one relational database system.
- Experience integrating a wide range of APIs in a production environment
- Experience with modern engineering practices such as continuous deployment, Infrastructure as Code, Agile, and resilient architecture.
- Understanding of GDPR and other compliance requirements and privacy frameworks and their impact on engineering and software architecture.
- Experience with encryption (AES-256, RSA, …) for mobile applications.
- Strong computer science fundamentals (CS degree valued but not required)
- Hands-on attitude and ability to drive solutions to completion.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Growth mindset targeted at learning and pushing the team forward.
- Experience working in a remote-first environment.
We encourage you to apply even if you do not tick all the above boxes.
Apply now and work remotely at Aster