Senior Frontend Engineer
Otis is looking for talented frontend engineers to bring our vision of democratizing wealth to life. We're not looking for rockstars or ninjas; we're simply looking for smart people who are always willing to learn, enjoy collaborating, and never shy away from a challenge.
You'll be joining a lean engineering team working to build a consumer facing app at the intersection of culture and fintech, poised to scale in the coming year.
Note that we are open to a range of commitment levels (full-time, part-time, and contract work) and are happy to work with team members to find the best work structure for their lives.
What you'll do:
- As a frontend engineer, you will play a key role building our mobile app in React Native and Redux.
- This includes building new features, maintaining and improving our codebase, and providing feedback on APIs and architecture.
- Our team is highly collaborative, and you’ll also have the chance to provide feedback on everything from culture to architecture, as well as team operations and the overall product.
Who you are:
- You have 2+ years experience with React or Vue.
- You are obsessed with clean code. You take pride in great class design and choosing the right level of abstraction. Tests are your best friend.
- You love keeping up with the latest developments in the mobile world. Last year, you were mad that Hooks for React hadn't been released yet.
- You're familiar with REST APIs. You immediately wrinkle your nose when you see POST /update_name.
- We prefer generalists over specialists and look for candidates with a history of pushing past their comfort zone and learning new things.
- You understand—and are excited to join—an early stage company and have the opportunity to play a critical part in building the app and new features.
- U.S. work authorization with no visa sponsorship required.
Want to learn more?
Take a look at our culture docs (here: https://www.notion.so/otiswealth/Curious-about-Otis-46df28b7e37c4b1fa5e4681a0efda4e4), including details on compensation, potential projects, and more.
At Otis, we turn aficionados into shareholders. We believe in transparency, liquidity, and trusting your own gut. We're democratizing an otherwise closed market and making alternative assets accessible. Invest in the things that you value, and whose value you understand, for as little as $25 and build a portfolio better suited to a museum than a stock ticker.
We have a saying here: “we design our culture like we design the product.” Culture is the most important foundation for a successful company. A great culture provides the context for people to deliver their best work. Our goal is to find the fastest way to win. Our culture is designed to allow us to achieve this (read more here: https://www.notion.so/otiswealth/Culture-cf25a1c921b142b2a67ae993493bae13).
We don’t believe that better negotiators necessarily make better employees. Every employee can see their current salary, the salary levels for their team, and what each level’s salary increase would amount to in the future. This allows us to offer equal pay to all employees.
Otis is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a culture where diverse thoughts are welcomed and rewarded.
Apply now and work remotely at Otis
Full Stack JS Engineer
TrueAccord is a category-defining company. We combine machine learning with a human-based approach to transform debt resolution and to get people on the path towards financial health. Every year, more than 70 million Americans have negative experiences dealing with debt. We are changing this by providing personalized digital experiences that guide lenders and consumers through this challenging financial process.
With a world-class leadership team, passionate team members, and proprietary predictive models trained on years worth of transactional data, TrueAccord is well-positioned to deliver on a huge opportunity: helping millions of consumers to regain and keep their financial footing while lowering the cost of doing business for creditors across many industries.
TrueAccord is expanding its direct-to-consumer product offering to help its 5M+ users pay off debts more painlessly and take control of their financial lives more quickly. By developing a set of unique, responsible financial products, we’ll give consumers the tools they need to emerge from difficult circumstances and thrive for the long-term.
As one of the first engineers on the Financial Services team, your job will be to build and optimize financial products and services to help these consumers succeed. We’ll create unique offerings which meet our customers’ distinct needs, providing thoughtful alternatives to the status quo in credit and lending, banking and saving, and financial education, all which promote financial stability.
You will report to the Director of Engineering, Products and work closely with Product, Design, Operations, and Data Science to build and iterate on innovative ideas to delight our customers while furthering our vision to radically improve our customers financial lives.
We're building the financial services product line from the ground up using modern, industry-leading tools and frameworks, including:
But we're a mature company with a large existing Scala codebase as well, and you may need to interact with that from time to time.
- 5+ years of experience building real-world software solutions
- Experience creating successful products from scratch or as an early team member
- Experience working closely with subject matter experts to bring simplified solutions to complex problems
- The ability to explain nuanced decisions with clarity, and the ability to help others make the same decisions for the future
- Major bonus points for Scala proficiency along with JS
Culture & Benefits
TrueAccord is a distributed company with a major presence in the San Francisco Bay area and Lenexa, KS. We offer a healthy work environment that continuously builds an inclusive and diverse culture where everyone is able to develop the best version of themselves. We are a dynamic group of people who are subject matter experts with a passion for change.
- Unlimited PTO & paid holidays
- Work/life harmony
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- 401K with matching
Our teams are crafting solutions to big problems every day. If you’re looking for an opportunity to do impactful work, join TrueAccord and make a difference.
Our Dedication to Diversity & Inclusion
TrueAccord is an equal opportunity employer. We promote, value, and thrive with a diverse & inclusive team. Different perspectives contribute to better solutions and this makes us stronger every day. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply now and work remotely at TrueAccord