Senior Frontend Engineer
We are a small group of serial entrepreneurs and talented individuals building a no-code process management platform for modern teams. Having built large organizations from zero to multiple thousand employees before, we have witnessed the importance of well-defined and -orchestrated business processes first-hand. Yet, the tools available today just don't get you there.
We are building Processful to fill this void. Our vision is to enable any business to reach their highest level of operational excellence by providing an intuitive and fun-to-use software solution to document, execute, integrate and analyze all recurring processes.
Formally based in Berlin, but working remotely from anywhere in Europe, we are looking for an experienced frontend engineer to join us and reshape the way teams collaborate. We offer a modern tech stack with interesting product challenges, startup atmosphere with fast decision-making, lots of autonomy and no bureaucracy.
Who we are looking for
- First and foremost: A friendly, humble and ambitious character fitting into our culture
- Having worked in a senior frontend engineering position before
- Strong experience with React incl. hooks
- Strong experience with Redux and its ecosystem (react-redux, redux-thunk, reselect, re-reselect, rereselect and whatever else they will come up with)
- Experience of building single-page applications and optimizing performance and memory
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Experience with building real-time collaborative applications, operational transformation or CRDTs as a strong plus
- Experience with websockets and data-sync across clients as a strong plus
- Experience with building rich-text editors or complex editable data tables as a plus
Apply now and work remotely at Processful
Frontend React developer
Paperpile helps researchers to find, organize, read, and write academic papers.
In addition to the Paperpile app, we have recently introduced a new product BibGuru for students. We are signing up thousands of new students every day.
Our user-base is growing fast, and so is the team around it.
As part of a small team, everything you do matters. You only work on stuff that has a direct big impact on the product and our customers.
You work from anywhere on your own schedule. We communicate with tools like Slack, Clubhouse, Figma, and Notion to move our product forward fast.
You work with an interesting and diverse community of academics. Our customers use Paperpile to study climate change, cancer, or medieval history. You interact with them directly to understand how we can make their work more productive.
You will take responsibility for substantial parts of our codebase and develop and ship the UI of new features and products.
This job is fully remote but we only hire in Europe at this time.
- You can work independently and write clean, re-usable and testable code.
- You have an eye for details and strive to create fast and enjoyable user interactions.
- You can work and communicate efficiently with designers, product managers and QA.
- You work in a Scrum team and turn mockups and user stories to production ready code efficiently and on time.
- You understand React inside-out and are up-to-date with modern developments of the framework.
- You have built complex React apps in the past.
- You have experience and a deep understanding of the underlying web technologies (HTML5, CSS3, REST APIs etc)
More useful experience (optional):
- React Native
- Browser extensions (Chrome/Chromium, Safari, or Firefox)
- Native iOS and Android development
- Background in research or academia
Apply now and work remotely at Paperpile
Who we are
Circles is a remote only health and fitness startup founded in 2019. We're building an online health and fitness platform that allows leaders and influencers (teachers) in the space to live video stream their workouts and other types of live sessions. The teachers audience can then effectively be monetized through a monthly subscription giving the teachers a very valuable revenue stream. We launched our beta this year to great success and we've raised $3.7M from top tier US venture capital firms.
What you'll do
You will be our main frontend developer which means that you will:
Work on both our website (React) and our mobile app (React Native) in different phases.
Work closely with our backend team, product team and with our designer.
Take full responsibility from the planning phase to the launch phase of new features and improvements.
Implement new features, optimizations, improvements, time estimations for tasks, SEO (Web), improve our QA process and much more.
Who you are
You're an open minded team player who enjoys being challenged and to grow. Besides that you have:
Minimum 3 years of frontend experience
Minimum 1 year of React experience
An interest in creating great UI/UX experiences
Nice to have but not required: React Native experience, Typescript experience, experience working with live video streaming technology and/or real-time data and web sockets.
What we offer
At Circles we practice a flat organizational structure which means that everyone's voice is heard and we plan the future of the product and the company together. You're also given maximum freedom and responsibility--something that we believe strongly in. In return you will be challenged and we do expect a lot from you which will help you grow. Our team has had two previous successful exits and we're experienced building world-class products and companies. While working hard we do also value enjoying ourselves and we do two international team retreats per year (post pandemic) along with other fun activities. Our team is spread across the globe and we were fully remote since before the pandemic so we understand remote-only culture. We offer good pay and stock.
We look forward to hearing from you! :)
Apply now and work remotely at CirclesApply
We're looking for a builder that leads by example and gets stuck into everything that touches our product. Come help us make the best technical decisions to craft a product of lasting value for our first and future customers.
If you were to join Cogsy today, you'd be one of the first team members and can have great influence on the next steps we take.
You're likely a good fit for this position if you:
- Read these values and they resonated with you.
- Are a true product builder and can make progress both independently and within a team.
- Can put an infrastructure in place that handles / parses a lot of data.
- Can move fast and help us ship a first version (that is revenue-ready) in a cost- and time-efficient manner.
- Have always wanted to build your own team.
- You take action and pay attention to detail.
- You have superior communication skills
You will be responsible for end-to-end web application development as we work on the early versions of Cogsy's platform. This includes but is not limited to:
- Product development
- API design & development
- Database and systems administration
- Metrics / Growth / AB testing
- 3rd-party integrations
We expect you to be a generalist with the ability and confidence to work on any part of our stack. These are (some of) the tools that we work with every day:
- Relational database (MongoDB)
- Aggregation engine (Elasticsearch)
- Caching (Redis)
- Async messaging (RabbitMq)
- Bonus: Python experience
This is a remote position and you can work from wherever. It is however important that we maintain connectedness as a team and have sufficient time for synchronous work too. We'd prefer team members that are on CET or EST (or +- 1 hour difference) or work on those schedules, as that means that there is 3 / 4 hours overlap for the whole team every day.
- Salary is market-related and open for discussion / negotiation.
- True flexible work: work wherever and however you need to work to be at your best and ensure you stay connected to the team.
- Once global travel is open again, we'll do week-long team retreats in fun locations. All expenses paid of course.
- Minimum holiday policy, which basically means you take time off whenever you need it to recharge or attend to other matters. And the team will hold you accountable to taking a minimum amount of time off in any rolling 12-month window.
- Maternity and paternity leave for those individuals that plan to discover to joys of having (more) kids.
- Health insurance (powered by Safety Wing) tailored for remote team members, whether you're at home, travelling or being a nomad.
- Monthly learning and wellness allowance. Buy books, pay for your yoga class or get a Calm subscription for greater mindfulness. Whatever helps you develop as an individual and the best you is what we'll pay for.
- We are a life- and family-first company that seeks meaningful experiences outside of work and we endeavour to help our customers do the same.
Apply now and work remotely at Cogsy