SENIOR FRONTEND ENGINEER
- 100% Remote company
- Wage and equity
- Gym membership
Who are we?
Foodkit is a VC-backed e-commerce platform for the Food and Beverage industry (think “Shopify for restaurants”). We build exceptional software that empowers restaurants and gives them the ability to compete with cutting edge digital brands such as Domino’s and McDonald’s without the need for building and maintaining complicated custom-built technology.
We’re hiring a senior frontend developer to help us continue the development and maintenance of several Angular and Ionic applications. These include consumer facing e-commerce websites & hybrid mobile apps, and back-of-house administration panels for restaurant owners.
You’ll work closely with our senior designer to turn mobile-first responsive designs (shared via Figma) and HTTP API specifications from our backend team (available in OpenAPI and HTML formats) into robust, pixel perfect Angular applications.
As a remote worker, you can pick where and when you work, as long as you stay productive and we have some overlapping hours to do standups, team meetings and (occasional) client calls.
- Multiple years (5+) working in a professional software development environment.
- Strong skills in ES6/TypeScript development, as well as a deep understanding of associated frontend tooling (NPM, webpack, babel, linters).
- Strong skills in functional and reactive programming styles with experience programming to Redux/Flux style architectural patterns (e.g ngrx/store).
- Extensive Angular knowledge, and experience/familiarity with at least 1 cross platform framework (eg. Ionic, Cordova, React Native).
- Experience building for iOS and Android targets and knowledge of associated tooling and IDEs.
- Ability to turn mockups (in Figma, Sketch or equivalent) into pixel-perfect responsive applications.
- Functional knowledge of Git and GitHub.
Cool things about the company
We are a remote-first company since 2016
Our technology powers online ordering for some brands you know and love
Small team, lots of opportunities to grow and shape the future of the company
We are a collaborative group passionate about our product and customers
You will receive feedback 1:1, as we want to invest in your career growth and success
Apply now and work remotely at FOODKIT
Senior Frontend React Engineer
- 📈 401K Plan
- 👪 Insurance
- 👶 Parental Leave
- 🗺 Anywhere in the World
- 💡 3+ Years of Experience
- 💼 Professional Development
- 💰 Competitive Salary & Perks
- 💸 $350 Receive a Referral Bonus
Get Paid: If you recommend this job to the person that gets hired, you will receive a $350 referral bonus. How will we contact you about giving you your bonus? Tell your referral to list your name and/or email in the “How did you hear about this job?” question. Once they’re hired, we’ll make sure you get paid.
CartHook helps leading Shopify stores delight their customers with offers after they check out. After five-plus years of running a checkout optimization platform for Shopify merchants, we launched the Post Purchase Offers app in the Shopify app store in November 2020.
We’re up and running, and primed for growth. You can be a part of that growth by establishing the practices and processes for a key part of our marketing efforts.
Who We Are
We’re a group of people who give a damn. We believe in doing what’s right and speaking up, even when it’s difficult. We pursue success, humbly.
We are a fully remote team on two continents, and we bridge time zones and distance with thorough and transparent communication, and processes designed to support and include each other. You’ll get to work with awesome people in almost every part of the company. We value and encourage input and ideas from everyone, no matter what their role or how long they’ve been with us.
We believe that diversity makes us stronger. We provide a safe, welcoming space for those who are marginalized. CartHook is an equal opportunity employer. At CartHook, you can be the person you are, regardless of ethnicity, religion, political affiliation, age, size, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
How We Work
Live where you want
We’re a fully remote team with offices in the US and Europe.
We trust each other to manage our time appropriately and get our work done. There’s no need to punch a clock. We expect you to be available and able to collaborate with your team, and we want you to create a schedule that works for your life. Our remote work philosophy relies on good communication and openness.
Responsible time off
We want you to take time off; it makes you happier, healthier, and more productive. It’s important you take the time you need, whether you’re caring for your health, the health of a family member, or going on vacation. We have an unlimited time-off policy, plus two mandatory weeks for a holiday break in late December/early January. We all work hard leading up to (and during) Black Friday Cyber Monday. That’s our merchants’ busiest time of the year, and we need all hands on deck.
Grow and learn
We value curiosity and the drive to grow and learn. That’s why we fund conferences (when those are a thing again), online courses and resources, and dedicated time away to learn something new.
Benefits (for U.S.-Based Employees Only)
Insurance coverage: We offer health, dental, and vision insurance. We cover 100% of your medical and dental premiums and 75% for vision. We also cover a percentage of the premiums for dependents. If our default plan isn’t right for you, there are other options available to fit your needs.
All parents who welcome a new child by birth, surrogacy, foster, or adoption are eligible to take 8 weeks of paid leave. All birth mothers are eligible for an additional eight weeks of paid leave. New mothers will be able to have a flexible, soft re-entry coming back to work.
Employees are eligible for a 401k plan provided by Guideline and integrated into our payroll system. Plans are funded by the employee.
As a frontend engineer at CartHook, you will be creating powerful, flexible, highly scalable SPAs and developing various frontend systems and operations. Additionally you will architect, define and maintain various ecommerce related solutions (frontend), and ensure our systems can keep up their high performance and responsiveness. You will be responsible for implementing new features and integrations as well as supporting our existing functionality. You will also be heavily involved in sprint planning and retrospectives and have the opportunity to make a lasting impact on our stack and the future of ecommerce, working closely and collaboratively with the Product team.
This role is specifically for development for our embedded Shopify app, CartHook Post Purchase Offers. Our backend utilizes Laravel and MySQL, while the frontend is built on a combination of Shopify Polaris, React and NextJS libraries and technologies.
This is a full-time, fully remote role. For this role, you can live and work anywhere in Eastern Standard Time or European timezones.
At CartHook, you can be the person you are, regardless of ethnicity, religion, political affiliation, age, size, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We provide a safe, welcoming space for those who are marginalized.
What we’re looking for
- Minimum 3 years of experience in frontend development
- Advanced knowledge of React (minimum of 3 years)
- Advanced knowledge of TypeScript (minimum of 3 years)
- Excellent understanding of OOP concepts
- Excellent understanding of software design patterns
- Excellent REST API understanding (from a frontend POV)
- Excellent understanding of Jira
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- GitHub, Docker, Buildkite or similar development tools
- Ability to problem-solve, track, and follow up on a variety of complex technical issues with internal and external stakeholders
- Ambition, the ability to think beyond, be highly collaborative, and extremely driven
- Are a self-starter who can collaborate deeply and communicate proactively with your teammates
- Backend understanding
- Have experience in ecommerce, Shopify in particular
- Experience with high performance systems
- Embrace change and have a willingness to adapt to whatever comes your way
Are excited about doing great work and making a difference at a small company
So, are you game? If yes, let’s talk!
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements. We encourage people of color, women, veterans, people with disabilities, and the LGBTQ+ to apply.
Apply now and work remotely at CartHookApply
We partner with scholars in the humanities (literature, history, art, social sciences, law, and architecture) to build software tools for research and teaching. From exploring the built environment of Muslim societies, to mapping Melville’s grand tour of Rome, our software helps scholars develop new insights and share them with the world. We have been serving clients across the United States, Europe, and Canada since 2006.
If you would like to be part of an awesome team and work on fascinating projects with the latest open source web technologies, we would love to talk with you.
Required skills and experience:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Interest in the intersection of technology and the humanities;
- Ability to work remote with team on US east coast time zone;
What we offer:
- Health and dental insurance fully covered
- 15 days of paid time off plus holidays
- Flexible work schedule and a great work-life balance
- Annual team meetups in interesting places
Performant is committed to diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
Apply now and work remotely at Performant SoftwareApply