Full Stack Developer
Welcome Computer Gurus!
At Shipa we look to build a talented technology team of developers and data scientists to help us achieve our lofty business goals. Culture is very important to us, and we want an environment where everyone is learning every day in both technical and personal areas. We have extremely high expectations and expect our employees to use their empowerment to take end-to-end responsibility for problems, and wear a variety of hats, even when they may not experience in the area needed.
The Senior Full Stack Web Developer will work with the Shipa business and technical teams to understand requirements and help develop responsive web based applications in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment to support the delivery of an intuitive Shipa user experience. We want this role to be filled by someone who is passionate about solving problems, a team player and a mentor to the Junior Web Developers in the team, and is excited about working in a corporate start-up environment and building up a great culture in a growing team, yet, conscious of the potential downsides of working in a corporate start-up environment too.
- Design and develop multi-tier web applications for customers using open source technologies; envisioning system features and functionality
- Enhance and support e-commerce and mobile sites as well as sales, intranet and web applications that support Shipa business activities
- Design, develop, maintain and enhance systems based on business requirements using approved technologies and coding standards
- Collaborate with various departments to gather accurate specifications for new enhancements and applications
- Monitor and optimize systems to ensure best performance
- Translate requirements and use cases into technical designs and functional code
- Monitor routine content changes and ensure accuracy of content data feeds
- Identify website issues, gather information and determine recommended solution
- Create and present multiple technical solutions that show thoughtful approaches to strategy and issue resolution
- Maintaining web development documentation, testing cases and specifications
- Act as a mentor to other developers with programming issues
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Computer Science, or relevant field
- 5 to 7 years’ experience of developing websites, preferably with a transportation, international shipping, or an e-commerce business
- Sound understanding of best practices in software development (e.g. Agile, SCRUM, DevOps)
- Experience using node.js to build scalable web services
- A diverse set of skills, from business development and operations to socializing and support to apply widely
- Ability to communicate with multiple internal and external stakeholders, both regionally and globally, across multiple business units and functions
- Ability to understand the priorities of key stakeholders and translate them into team priorities and communications
- Passion for collaboration & team work; when something goes wrong, you don't look to place blame, but try to address the immediate issue collaboratively and then address any underlying issues with great interpersonal skills
Apply now and work remotely at Shipa Freight
!Important! We don't accept applicants from the following countries: India, Kenya, Nigeria, Uganda, Rwanda, Ghana, Cameroon, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Colombia, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Philippines, Iran, North Korea.
- Are you looking for remote long term projects?
- Are you tired of negotiations with clients and paperwork?
- Are you uncertain whether you’ll get the next payment in time?
- Are you new to contract-based work?
With Soshace you’ll get:
- Freedom to choose projects and your geography
- Guarantee of regular payments and reliable clients
- Self-development on modern projects in the tech stack you have experience with.
You go through the 3-step interview process and our talent team finds you the project that fits your experience and expectations:
- You work remotely
- You work on stable long-term projects
- You have a full-time workload (from 30 hours a week and more)
- We sign an official contract
- We guarantee a full payment even if a client doesn’t pay us in time
- We search for clients and do all the paperwork
- After the first project ends, we’ll find you the next project, and so on.
- The hourly rate we offer depends on your qualification level.
We’ll be a great team together if you have:
- 1+ year of professional experience with React or Angular version 2 and higher;
- 1+ year of professional experience with Node.js or another server-side language is a plus;
- A strong portfolio of projects in which you have taken part;
- Spoken and written English skills on Upper-Intermediate level and higher.
- Online test (90 minutes)
- Technical interview (120 minutes).
Soshace recruitment team would be happy to tell you more about the opportunity when you send us your CV!
Apply now and work remotely at Soshace
Full Stack Developer for AI startup
Do you want to build web solutions that enable state-of-the-art machine learning and make a positive difference in society? Then you might be our new Full Stack Developer!
Pluto Technologies is a fast-growing startup assembling a killer team to empower infrastructure maintenance with AI monitoring. Today, we're live with our first product focused on the largest public infrastructure endeavor in human history, roads.
Who are you?
We're continuously extending our product capabilities - both to make data more actionable for our clients - but also to develop our internal machine learning tools. As the core product is a data-heavy interactive map (run on Mapbox GL) it's also key that we ensure high-performance in our web application. Hence, it's ideal if you have a flair for both front end and back end development.
As part of the team:
Building a company is difficult and hence requires a lot of effort and hours together. Therefore, we're looking for colleagues - that not only are ambitious and intelligent - but also want to be part of a team where true friendships are formed. We appreciate radical ownership and people who dare to take responsibility. You will be part of a tight-knit team with an ambitious goal and a real spirit of innovation. With us, you will have an opportunity to truly impact the outcome of your work and the people it affects.
- You have min 3+ years of experience as a full-stack developer or a similar role.
- Experience with building stateful apps (we use React and Redux)
- Experience with Postgres
- Experience with Git
- You communicate clearly in English - both written and verbally
Bonus if you have experience with:
- .NET Core
- Mapbox WebGL
- Machine learning and computer vision in general
- Optimizing data heavy applications
Learn more about us on our website
Apply now and work remotely at Pluto Technologies
Senior WordPress Backend Developer
We are looking for a talented, process-oriented expert PHP developer with strong WordPress experience and Technical Lead to strengthen our team and build on our technical foundation.
The expert developer understands the business outcomes customers expect and works to deliver the product and customer requests on time and within budget while actively participating in the projects production cycle.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Work together with our product team to build and maintain the BuddyBoss products.
- Contribute by building new features, plugins, fixing issues and constantly improving our products.
- Assist the customer support team in resolving customer issues in relation to the product.
- Troubleshoot customer issues, and release new patches.
- Help in managing the software development, making new product releases, and communicating the information to our customers.
- Help lead the development and ensure high quality outputs
- Lead QA — on IE, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari across PC, Mac, and mobile devices
- Lead design and code reviews and enforce coding standards
- Closely oversee the performance of critical tasks such as live site migrations, live site maintenance, emergency fixes and other related
Required Skills & Experience
- Post Secondary Education, preferably in a technical field
- 7+ years web application development experience
- 7+ years PHP
- 3+ years of WordPress Experience
- Proficiency with the WordPress Coding Standards, approaches and common APIs.
- A good understanding of REST best practices
- Advanced SQL knowledge creating, maintaining and improving performance
- Server management experience with tools and processes such as cPanel, PHPMyAdmin, DNS, Cron Jobs, and bash scripting
- Experience with Git and other version control systems
- Proficiency in HTML/CSS. Experience with modern web standards required (semantic markup, HTML5, mobile web)
- Experience working directly with customers to meet business objectives.
- Understanding of agile methodologies & principles (scrum, kanban, etc.)
- Understanding of prototyping
- Results / Quality / Process oriented
- Can effectively translate business requirements into features & functional outputs
- A can-do attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with remote teams is a big plus. Our team is mostly distributed with team members in over 10 countries.
- Experience building on BuddyBoss Platform, BuddyPress and/or bbPress
- Experience with frameworks such as Angular, Vue.js, React
Salary will be based on experience level.
We are looking to fill multiple positions.
Apply now and work remotely at BuddyBoss
Angular Full Stack Developer
Documo builds document software solutions that help businesses streamline document processes. We make working with documents easy, more secure, and friendly towards our planet. We're looking to add a Full Stack Web Developer to our Engineering team. This person will help us continue to build world-class products that our user base loves.
We are a fully distributed team so this is a work from home/anywhere position. Please include your Github/Gitlab profile and salary requirement upon submission.
Our technical stack includes:
Google Cloud Platform
Must possess proficiency in the above stack or at least most of it. Please be ready to share code examples and prior work.
A plus to have
Familiarity working with documents in a browser environment (manipulation of PDFs, .doc formats etc)
Project management experience
*Note: As a fully distributed company, we are open to hiring anywhere, however, the work hours for this position are during USA business hours
What you'll get:
Competitive salary and benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k with match) *must reside in USA to receive benefits
Work with a small distributed team that love what they do
The ability to work from wherever makes you happy
Work for a fast-growing technology company with a supportive, inclusive, and fun culture
We encourage you to apply
At Documo, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of ancestry, race, place of origin, political belief, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Documo is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply now and work remotely at Documo
Senior Full Stack JS Engineer
Are you in +/- 6hrs from GMT-05 (US CT)? If yes, please continue reading.
What is Tribe?
Tribe is a remote-first and video-first environment for teams. We’re solving for presence, immediacy, spontaneity, serendipity, belonging. We’re currently in a private beta and just closed our seed round with two great firms.
About The Role
We’re looking for someone passionate and excited to create beautiful, impactful world class products that enables millions of people to communicate better. In particular, someone that can join our engineering team in building our applications - Electron, mobile, web.
Our current stack includes React, React Native, Electron, Java (backend), Storybook, GCP. Subject to change as we get the rocket off the ground :).
Compensation & Benefits
Competitive salary & equity, fully remote team.
About the Team
The team is fully distributed (now and forever) and currently consists of four senior full-stack engineers, product designer, a technologist cofounder/CEO playing the roles of CTO/product owner, and a cofounder with proven tech/business experience. Now that we’ve closed our seed round, we’re looking for the dream team for the next 18 months and beyond.
How We Work
Hard, extreme transparency, respectfully, openly, and in a humane way. This is a marathon and not a sprint and we don't want anyone to burn out. That said, we want to push the limits of your professional capacity.
Obviously, we use Tribe a lot internally for our work :).
Did you get here? Yay! Please respond with why you're interested in Tribe, how you'll be able to contribute, and also your favorite food or hobby you’re most passionate about.
Apply now and work remotely at Tribe
Nomad List is the most popular website for the fast growing movement of location independent remote workers. We have people from all the big tech companies, from hundreds of startups, and thousands of freelancers who use Nomad List every day to find places to live, work and travel to, and to meet like-minded people there.
Remote OK is the most popular remote jobs board on the web with customers like Y Combinator, Stripe, Intercom, Airtable, Invision and Sketch relying on it for hiring the best remote workers from a worldwide pool of talent. You're on it now and you're the best!
Until now I (Pieter Levels) have always done everything myself. To take off the load as a founder so I can take a break in 2021 after a years of non-stop working, and do things a bit more properly, I've started to hire people to replace me.
I'm looking to hire a Product Engineer. With that I mean a generalist software engineer focused on product outcomes rather than any specific part of the stack or language. You need to be more frontend focused than a typical programmer, and re-use any API or backend that exists to get the job done.
This is a full-time position.
- keep existing features working (we monitor most pages and API endpoints every minute)
- fix bugs that might come up (we have live PHP/JS bug tracking)
- build new features, that means coding the client side part of it (usually plain JS or w/ jQuery, but without fancy frameworks), and the back end side of it (usually plain PHP with SQLite)
- ship fast and iterate based on customer feedback (right now we deploy CI/CD-style about 50 times per day)
- you work on sites that get over 1.4 billion requests per year used by over 1 million people per month
- you work directly with me (Pieter Levels) and learn how to ship fast with a laser focus on building what customers want while learning how to market those new features directly to an audience
You should be
- autonomous and be able to figure things out for yourself, but I might go AWOL for awhile, so you need to make the best choices yourself how to fix something, or how to build a new feature
- not wanting to do things the proper overengineering way with Kubernetes clusters and Docker and multi layered sharded databases to scale like in BigCo tech enterprise; doing things proper is good but making customer's happy is the #1 priority, quickly made scrappy code can always be refactored later if a feature starts making money, instead of proper code that took a long time to write for a feature that nobody ends up using
You'll work in a team with
a Site Reliability Engineer, who keeps the sites up
a Community Manager, who keeps the Nomad List community safe
a Customer Service Specialist, who keeps our customers happy
Apply now and work remotely at Nomad List + Remote OK
Full Stack JS Engineer
TrueAccord is a category-defining company. We combine machine learning with a human-based approach to transform debt resolution and to get people on the path towards financial health. Every year, more than 70 million Americans have negative experiences dealing with debt. We are changing this by providing personalized digital experiences that guide lenders and consumers through this challenging financial process.
With a world-class leadership team, passionate team members, and proprietary predictive models trained on years worth of transactional data, TrueAccord is well-positioned to deliver on a huge opportunity: helping millions of consumers to regain and keep their financial footing while lowering the cost of doing business for creditors across many industries.
TrueAccord is expanding its direct-to-consumer product offering to help its 5M+ users pay off debts more painlessly and take control of their financial lives more quickly. By developing a set of unique, responsible financial products, we’ll give consumers the tools they need to emerge from difficult circumstances and thrive for the long-term.
As one of the first engineers on the Financial Services team, your job will be to build and optimize financial products and services to help these consumers succeed. We’ll create unique offerings which meet our customers’ distinct needs, providing thoughtful alternatives to the status quo in credit and lending, banking and saving, and financial education, all which promote financial stability.
You will report to the Director of Engineering, Products and work closely with Product, Design, Operations, and Data Science to build and iterate on innovative ideas to delight our customers while furthering our vision to radically improve our customers financial lives.
We're building the financial services product line from the ground up using modern, industry-leading tools and frameworks, including:
But we're a mature company with a large existing Scala codebase as well, and you may need to interact with that from time to time.
- 5+ years of experience building real-world software solutions
- Experience creating successful products from scratch or as an early team member
- Experience working closely with subject matter experts to bring simplified solutions to complex problems
- The ability to explain nuanced decisions with clarity, and the ability to help others make the same decisions for the future
- Major bonus points for Scala proficiency along with JS
Culture & Benefits
TrueAccord is a distributed company with a major presence in the San Francisco Bay area and Lenexa, KS. We offer a healthy work environment that continuously builds an inclusive and diverse culture where everyone is able to develop the best version of themselves. We are a dynamic group of people who are subject matter experts with a passion for change.
- Unlimited PTO & paid holidays
- Work/life harmony
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- 401K with matching
Our teams are crafting solutions to big problems every day. If you’re looking for an opportunity to do impactful work, join TrueAccord and make a difference.
Our Dedication to Diversity & Inclusion
TrueAccord is an equal opportunity employer. We promote, value, and thrive with a diverse & inclusive team. Different perspectives contribute to better solutions and this makes us stronger every day. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply now and work remotely at TrueAccord
Full Stack Engineer That Loves Node TypeScript GraphQL Help Build Our Backend (Manchester, UK)
About this role
We’re looking for a software engineer to work on our GraphQL API, other backend services, and full stack on web-based apps. Our stack is Node.js, PostgreSQL, React, GraphQL for web and backend. You’ll work alongside other engineers who will work on our Swift and Kotlin native mobile apps and rely on the GraphQL API.
We will consider hiring at either junior, mid or senior level (we're building a team).
A typical day
The mornings will usually have a standup meeting. The aim is to update everyone, co-ordinate the day, and organise any collaboration.
After that, you may get stuck into some coding, or developing ideas. At various points you will ask for advice (or give advice). If other team members are free, you might go to a whiteboard together, and work on some problems together.
When working on a major feature/project, you’d be given a brief by the product manager. You would then have to create a design document along with a product designer. That might be a 2-3 page doc describing the problem and proposed solution.
Usually, you would say how you’re approaching the issue and discuss alternatives you have considered and why you rejected them. You would pitch it to the product manager and the rest of the team.
On other days, the focus may be on pure coding, i.e. improving fix, fixing problems, or working on deploying a feature.
Where you’ll work
We have a base in Beehive Lofts in Ancoats in Manchester.
You will occasionally need to travel to see customers, although you wouldn’t necessarily need a car to be able to do that. Full travel expenses will be paid.
There is a lift in the building with ground level access, and should you need to use this we can arrange a visit to check it is suitable.
Great written communicator
Able to work with others in the team to develop ideas and designs, approachable and easy going
Can work quickly but maintain quality
Puts the customer at the heart of all product decisions, on a constant quest to understand the customer’s wants and needs
Able to put together collaborative documents to communicate the possible approaches and recommended implementation for new features
Attention to detail, we create quality products
Qualifications and experience
3+ years of experience as a software developer
Desirable: GraphQL experience
Desirable: PostgreSQL experience
Desirable: Typescript experience
Desirable: React experience (or similar framework)
Desirable: Mobile app development experience
Salary & benefits
Excellent salary (depends on level hired at - junior, mid or senior)
Mobile phone allowance
Coffee, tea & snacks provided
Apply now and work remotely at Chalkboard Software Limited
Senior Full Stack
We know that during this time there are concerns around the actuality of hiring needs, we want to assure you that this job is posted for a need that we are eagerly looking to fill. We would love to see your application! Clevertech is a leading consultancy that is on a mission to build transformational digital solutions for the world’s most innovative organizations. Enterprise companies turn to Clevertech to help them launch innovative digital products that interact with hundreds of millions of customers, transactions, and data points.
What You'll Do
Manage a nimble team of developers and designers to accomplish challenging goals
You’ll partner and interact with senior level management/executives and senior technical teams
Lead client and team meetings to complete sprints and milestones. You will truly own the agile flow.
Use your strong interpersonal and relationship development skills to balance product requirements, manage client expectations, and drive your team to effective results.
You’ll listen deeply to client needs and translate them into clear technical requirements
You’ll travel occasionally, but only for things that really matter.
You will review code and continually push standards higher, every day.
You will code yourself to assess and mitigate the most technically challenging parts of the project
You have experience as the lead on projects with budgets ranging from $1M to $3M
You have consulting experiences with the unique nature of listening deeply to client concerns
You are a mix of product leadership, project leadership including agile kanban boards, and technical architecture leadership
Experience leading cross-functional development teams in building and maintaining custom software solutions
Strong understanding of the agile software development process
Available for 6 hours overlap with EST or CET time zone (9-5)
We know that people do their best work when they’re taken care of. So we make sure to offer great benefits.
Competitive Vacation Package
Annual Financial Allowance for YOUR development
Flexible Family Leave
Clevertech Gives Back Program
Clevertech U (Leadership Program, Habit Building, New Skills Training)
Strong Clevertech Community
How We Work
Are you curious about what it's like to work at Clevertech? Check out our YouTube channel to hear directly from Clevertech developers.
People join Clevertech to make an impact. To grow themselves. To be surrounded by developers who they can learn from. We've found that innovation comes from an exchange of knowledge across all of our teams. To put people on the path for success, we nurture a culture built on trust, collaboration, and personal growth. You will work in small feature-based cross-functional teams and be empowered to take ownership. We make a point of constantly evolving our experience and skills. We value diverse perspectives and fostering personal growth by challenging everyone to push beyond our comfort level and try something new. The result? Meaningful work. Getting Hired
We hire people from a variety of backgrounds who are respectful, collaborative, and introspective. Members of the tech team, for example, come from diverse backgrounds having worked as copy editors, graphic designers, and photographers prior to joining Clevertech. Our hiring process focuses not only on your skills but also on your professional and personal ambitions. We want to get to know you. We put a lot of thought into the interview process in order to get a holistic understanding of you while being mindful of your time. You will solve problems derived from the work we do on a daily basis followed by thoughtful discussions around potential fit. Whatever the outcome, we want you to have a great candidate experience.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Apply now and work remotely at Clevertech
Full Stack Developer
Are you the next Full Stack developer to join our top team?
We've got a pretty decent AWS stack that drives our SaaS and community platform. It's built in Django/React, is fully API driven and has a whole host of nifty features already. But we want more…
HelloMaaS, Marketing as a Service, is a new operating model in marketing. We build a marketplace platform to connect companies with turn key marketing solution including 40 fixed price marketing packages, a robo-advice tool translating marketing goals to a customized marketing plan in 30 seconds and a strong community of top marketing freelancers.
You'll get to focus on building new applications, a reliable and scalable platform and add ML to make it smarter. Of course there's some maintenance and testing but with a small team and young codebase it's not so bad.
This is a full-time role, remote or based in the Netherlands. We are happy to sponsor a Dutch work visa for great candidates. We have a A-team, so the bar is high. Reach out if your ambitious, go-getter with a global mindset that likes to learn, win and create success.
- 2-3 years professional experience in React & Django
- Full stack capabilities with a preference for back-end
- Flexibile to switch between front-end and back-end
- Effective communication and (remote) collaboration skills
- Working in a startup or another fast-paced environment
- Pro-active, positive and problemsolving mindset
- Interested in our business and building a user friendly platform
- Required Skills: React, Redux, Python, Django, PostgreSQL
- Nice to have: AWS, Docker, docker-compose
Apply now and work remotely at HelloMaaS
Full Stack Engineer
# About us:
- We are small, cross-functional and enthusiastic team that is out for a greater good.
- We don't have set-in-stone product requirements or strict agile procedures.
- In our team every opinion and initiative counts
We are looking for a skilled, creative, proactive and semi independent Full Stack Engineer to help us fully launch the product.
Currently we are building our Beta using bubble.io as an interface with go and python micro services on the back end.
# About you:
- You are somewhat a jack-of-all-trades and passioned about building awesome products from the ground up
- You have a strong 'can do’ attitude
- You are empathetic
It's good if your skills include any combination of the following:
Any back end OOP language
Reactjs, React Native / Typescript
SOAP and REST API’s including XML, JSON
Git and CI/CD
Google Cloud, AWS
Apply now and work remotely at Agenteur
This position is only available for citizens of Brazil.
At AlphaSights, we search through more than 500 million professionals working in the world today to find the small handful of experts qualified to answer our clients' needs. They use these insights to drive amazing progress within their organizations. Our mission is to provide access to dispersed, hidden, and underutilized knowledge. We’ve made terrific progress working in this new space, but we’ve only just scratched the surface on how we can apply technology to this problem.
As a Front End Engineer on our Search & Discovery team, you will enable the next generation of our discovery experience by building ambitious web applications, on the edge of what is possible with today's browsers. You'll work closely with a variety of people in the business to arrive at the best solution, immediately see the impact of your work, and get feedback directly from users. We're looking for people who are interested in building software systems to an incredibly high standard, comfortable working across multiple languages, and learning new technologies as needed.
- Push the boundaries of modern front end engineering to build elegant, intuitive and optimized web applications
- Work closely with our Product Team and Design Team to identify, design and build features that have a significant business impact
- Work in small, nimble teams and form part of a highly talented guild that determines front end direction and best practices.
- Build UIs to schedule multi-party communication with heavy constraints
- Develop innovative interfaces that enable intuitive discovery and exploration of structured knowledge
- Launch new product initiatives that delight our clients and differentiate our services
You might be a fit if you:
- Have at least 5 years of industry experience
- Are passionate about delivering high performance solutions
- Know and understand the implications of the latest developments in ECMAScript
- Navigate and write backend code where necessary
- React experience a plus
We believe a broad spectrum of experience provides a great perspective on solving problems in new and innovative ways. If your background doesn't check all the boxes above, but you are passionate about front end engineering, we’d still love to hear from you.
Who you would work with:
- You would join a dynamic, multinational, and diverse team who enjoy solving interesting problems in a collaborative and distributed environment
- We have self-taught engineers as well as graduates from top Computer Science and Engineering schools
- Your co-workers will include motivated recent graduates as well as experienced industry leaders from companies such as Google and Amazon
AlphaSights is a leading global industry research platform. We leverage proprietary knowledge search technology powered by machine learning, natural language processing and data science to connect decision makers to globally distributed knowledge faster than ever before. Professionals at investment firms, consultancies, corporations and non-profits rely on us to connect them seamlessly with knowledgeable domain experts who help enhance their thinking, inform critical decisions and propel their business forward. Founded in 2008, AlphaSights currently employs nearly 1,000 professionals in nine offices around the globe and regularly ranks as one of the fastest-growing companies in the world. AlphaSights has been consistently profitable since 2010, is internally (not VC/PE) funded and pursues a strategy of ambitious long-term growth.
Find out more: http://engineering.alphasights.com
Apply now and work remotely at AlphaSights
Senior Full Stack Engineer
We're looking for a builder that leads by example and gets stuck into everything that touches our product. Come help us make the best technical decisions to craft a product of lasting value for our first and future customers.
If you were to join Cogsy today, you'd be one of the first team members and can have great influence on the next steps we take.
You're likely a good fit for this position if you:
- Read these values and they resonated with you.
- Are a true product builder and can make progress both independently and within a team.
- Can put an infrastructure in place that handles / parses a lot of data.
- Can move fast and help us ship a first version (that is revenue-ready) in a cost- and time-efficient manner.
- Have always wanted to build your own team.
- You take action and pay attention to detail.
- You have superior communication skills
You will be responsible for end-to-end web application development as we work on the early versions of Cogsy's platform. This includes but is not limited to:
- Product development
- API design & development
- Database and systems administration
- Metrics / Growth / AB testing
- 3rd-party integrations
We expect you to be a generalist with the ability and confidence to work on any part of our stack. These are (some of) the tools that we work with every day:
- Relational database (MongoDB)
- Aggregation engine (Elasticsearch)
- Caching (Redis)
- Async messaging (RabbitMq)
- Bonus: Python experience
This is a remote position and you can work from wherever. It is however important that we maintain connectedness as a team and have sufficient time for synchronous work too. We'd prefer team members that are on CET or EST (or +- 1 hour difference) or work on those schedules, as that means that there is 3 / 4 hours overlap for the whole team every day.
- Salary is market-related and open for discussion / negotiation.
- True flexible work: work wherever and however you need to work to be at your best and ensure you stay connected to the team.
- Once global travel is open again, we'll do week-long team retreats in fun locations. All expenses paid of course.
- Minimum holiday policy, which basically means you take time off whenever you need it to recharge or attend to other matters. And the team will hold you accountable to taking a minimum amount of time off in any rolling 12-month window.
- Maternity and paternity leave for those individuals that plan to discover to joys of having (more) kids.
- Health insurance (powered by Safety Wing) tailored for remote team members, whether you're at home, travelling or being a nomad.
- Monthly learning and wellness allowance. Buy books, pay for your yoga class or get a Calm subscription for greater mindfulness. Whatever helps you develop as an individual and the best you is what we'll pay for.
- We are a life- and family-first company that seeks meaningful experiences outside of work and we endeavour to help our customers do the same.
Apply now and work remotely at Cogsy
Full Stack Developer
Join an experienced engineering team that is remote-first, but still have the option to get some face time with the team at our Berlin office, or join us in our Winter office in Majorca anytime you like to escape the cold.
We look forward to showing you around our Majorca office in our first virtual call!
This role is right for you if you are interested in:
- Building an exciting product that enables millions of entrepreneurs around the world to pursue what they love
- Having flexible working hours and an open feedback culture
- Owning a significant equity share in the company that will grow to become one of the greatest success stories in the 2020s
Who are we looking for?
We're looking for an experienced full-stack Node.js engineer to join our remote-first engineering team. You will join an experienced engineering team at GlassDollar as one of the first developers and will help lay the foundations for our ambitious roadmap.
What are your responsibilities?
- 👩🏻💻 Work closely with our product manager to develop new features for our core product and improve existing ones
- 🛠 Develop internal tools to improve the efficiency of our analysts
- 📊 Maintain and optimize our startup database and search engine
- have a product-focused mindset with the customer need always front of mind
- are able to work autonomously, take full ownership of product features, prioritize effectively, and deliver rapidly
- are experienced with databases (we use Postgres)
- have worked with AWS
- find pleasure in attention to detail, best practices and lifelong learning, always making an effort to keep your skills fresh and stay up-to-date on industry developments
- are fluent in English
- are based in Europe (between UTC+1 and UTC+3)
Our tech stack
- Apollo GraphQL
Every team member at GlassDollar holds equity so that we will jointly participate in the company's success.
We will additionally agree on a salary that you can live on comfortably.
Escape the cold and join us @ the GD Winter Headquarters in Majorca. Excited to show you around the house in our first virtual call.
Apply now and work remotely at GlassDollar