Senior Remote Node.js + React Engineer
Senior Node.js + React Developer
HigherEducation partners with many of the most recognizable names in the online education industry to help them build their programs and expand student bases. We have 75M annual site visitors and are very good at what we do. We also love to use cutting edge technologies to make developer life enjoyable and more productive.
What kind of stuff do we do?
This past year, we drastically improved the performance and architecture of our React + Node + Docker apps as our application traffic tripled. Some highlights were features like:
- Breaking some larger services into smaller, lightning-fast apps that are fun to work on
- Implementing a newer, shinier, A/B testing platform that allows us to run experiments both server and client side
- Cutting 50-80% off of our response times
- Next year, who knows just how high we can fly!
We're looking for more on-site (Houston) or remote (anywhere in the US) engineers to join the team to help us hit these goals and keep making use of the great new tech that is emerging every year.
Pay is competitive, benefits are great (e.g. 6% 401k matching), the team is tons of fun, and a great work/life balance truly makes you enjoy the time spent on the job.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A full stack mentality - you're equally happy in React apps as you are working on the API and cache layer. Some projects you'll be doing both, sometimes just one, sometimes just the other.
- Meaningful experience with React apps - you're a senior - you've done it, you have opinions, lessons learned and perhaps some horror stories
- Meaningful experience with building Node.js API's - you can spin up an API complete with DB and auth with no hand-holding. You also know how to improve performance when requests get slow.
- Essentially, you love to be involved with the whole stack minus Ops and aren't afraid to take on new and challenging areas, whether it's performance and scaling, DevOps, or in-depth CSS optimization.
Bonus points go to the contestants displaying:
- Experience working with new CSS features like Custom properties and CSS Grid
- Production experience with building and consuming GraphQL API's
- Strong knowledge of Docker (we deploy everything via Docker)
- AWS – specifically EC2, RDS, Elasticache, Lambda, VPC
- Experience with Docker CI workflows using hosted or on-prem CI platforms such as CircleCI, Codeship, DroneCI, Jenkins, etc
- DNS, load balancing, failover & scaling strategies
- Having the right emoji and gif for every situation
Benefits & Perks:
- The short of it: we want you to be really glad that you work here and laugh when recruiters email you opportunities elsewhere
- 6% 401k matching
- 100% health / vision / dental for you & partial subsidies for the rest of your family
- 15 vacation & sick days / yr. + many U.S. & company holidays
- Flexible hours - getting the work done and communicating well is what matters most
- Gym membership reimbursement up to $100/mo - because those biceps aren't going to grow themselves
- You get to work with Evan. Believe me, we all appreciate this.
Apply now and work remotely at HigherEducation
JS Fullstack Developer (Saas Startup)
At Filestage we believe that broken workflows poison teams with miscommunication, friction, and frustration.
Our mission is to fuel creative teams with a rock-solid workflow. With our software, we empower people to
produce great results together and build healthy and meaningful relationships at work.
Over 500 companies (and growing!) all over the world like Lufthansa, Rabobank or Jung von Matt benefit from
happier and more productive employees with Filestage. We work hard to build great things together — and
make time to celebrate our accomplishments.
●You bring ideas to life. You develop product improvements that help thousands of people to be happier at
work. In our interdisciplinary feature teams, you take ownership of the technical conception,
implementation and the release of features.
●You’re our clients’ lifesaver. Every developer takes a turn to manage our technical support. Customers
will praise and thank you for your help to save their day by enabling them to overcome technical issues, in
collaboration with our customer support team.
●You build a well-oiled development-machine. We constantly strive to improve our Code Quality, DevOps
and infrastructure. Coding is fun when developing scalable and maintenance-friendly modules is made
●You influence our future and help Filestage grow. With your contributions in development, you have a
true impact on how Filestage simplifies the working lives of thousands of people around the globe.
You’re good at
●You are passionate about developing software. You have professional work experience developing SPAs
with AngularJS 1.x, NodeJS and IaaS. Ideally, you’ve already danced with MongoDB, AWS and Docker.
●You enjoy both coding and management. You love coding and building great things with your own hands
(and a keyboard ;-) ). But you also enjoy running a small team and keeping information flowing.
●You understand the big picture.You love to take user and business needs into consideration for technical
decisions and feel comfortable in interdisciplinary teams.
●You take ownership.You are filled with passion to take responsibility and to make things happen. You have
an entrepreneurial mindset and want to make a tangible impact on a rapidly growing product and company.
●You are a team player.You understand that we can only be successful as a team. Like everyone else in our
great team, you are fair, honest and respectful — and you are ready to have a lot of fun.
●You are fluent in English.And you love to work with nice people from around the globe.
This is what you get
●Work from where you are happiest and enjoy a flexible day schedule.We are a fully distributed team,
working from different locations and time zones, each individual following it’s personal daily schedule.
●Your opinion matters and your work is valued.You have the chance to make a difference.
●You collaboratively learn and growby working hands-on along with highly talented minds.
●Are you tired of useless meetings and slow decision making?We have flat hierarchies, no bullshit
meetings and iterate quickly with our lean Kanban workflow.
●You work with top-notch technologies and best practices.We use Test Driven Development, Continuous
Integration and Domain Driven Design to build a single page application backed by a serverless
Apply now and work remotely at Filestage GmbH
Coined “the future of interior design” by Architectural Digest, Fuigo is a first-of-its kind digital platform that empowers interior designers by providing them with the business management tools and marketplace they need to succeed.
About the Role
We believe the individual defines the role as much or more than we do and are looking for experienced engineers excited to join a small but growing team that is revolutionizing the interior design industry.
While this is a business/e-commerce oriented application, you will be working in a culture that values beautiful design and strict attention to detail-- an eye for design and user experience is critical.
The environment in which you'll be working is very collaborative. We’re looking for engineers that can communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical clients and stakeholders.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary and equity
- Excellent medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401k with company match
- Flexible time off vacation policy
Apply now and work remotely at Fuigo