Senior Node.js Microservices Developer
What you will do
- As a member of the Game Services team for Star Citizen, you will be responsible for building the online MMO backend services & related tools, acting on both the server and game-client side. The team is based in Montreal but operates mostly online with studios located in the US and the UK.
Your main objectives will be to:
- Design service APIs to power game features by working closely with Game Designers.
- Develop scalable online macroservices in a large meshed service ecosystem
- Program in tandem with Gameplay Developers to enable the game client
- Take ownership of game features in the MMO architecture from inception to deployment and operation
You will work in the following stacks:
- Communications with gRPC & Protobuf
- Gameplay services under Node.JS with Typescript
- High throughput services with C++ and gRPC
- C++ Game Client (StarEngine) communications with gRPC
- Distributed message queues (Kafka)
- Deployment with Kubernetes, Docker, and Linkerd2
Apply now and work remotely at Turbulent x Cloud Imperium Games (Star Citizen)