Front End Developer
Who are we
SuprNation is a technology company founded in 2015 to serve as a home for some of the most competent and creative people in the iGaming industry. Our first product was launched in the summer of 2016, a casino determined to deliver a better user and gaming experience than what is currently available. It’s about time for someone to come along and shake up this industry. SuprNation plans to be that someone.
Our tech stack
- Scala, Java
- GCP, K8s
We are looking for a Front End Developer to join us in designing, developing and maintaining premium web experiences for our consumers. You are a forward-thinking individual who enjoys taking initiative and diving deep into emerging technologies. You thrive on challenging yourself daily and seek to surround yourself with like-minded individuals. Then this is the job for you!
- Develop new cool user-facing features
- Collaborate closely with back-end and front-end engineers to develop new and maintain existing systems
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent is an asset
- Experienced with mobile web development
- Experience in delivering high value, heavy UI front-end products
- Experience using Typescript
- Experience with RxJS Observable patterns is considered an asset
- Experience with front-end frameworks such as Angular and React
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Excellent communication skills
- Lab days - Bi-weekly, employees has a whole day to investigate any technology, topic and concepts which they are interested in to ensure there is no technical debt
- Personal setup - We believe that developers are craftsmen and should pick their equipment and tools; this includes mobile, laptop, monitor etc.
- Vacation days, sick days and national holidays - We do not differentiate between remote or on-site employees, and we believe they should have equal benefits
- Flexible timing
- Relocation opportunities
Apply now and work remotely at SuprNation
Fullstack Tools Developer
IMPORTANT : You must live in Montreal time zone (GMT-4) to apply on this position
What You Will Do
- As a member of the Star Citizen Tools team, you will mostly work on the Game launcher as well as the crash management pipeline. The team is also in charge of all internal tools to support other teams, including web tools and applications. The team is based in Montreal, but operates primarily online with studios located in the US and UK. Remote is ok as long as your are in the same time zone as Montreal.
Your main objectives will be:
- Designing service APIs in order to optimize the crash management functionalities of servers, clients and services on all environments (Dev, QA, Prod) of the game
- Maintaining and developing new features on the Star Citizen Game Launcher: mainly application (frontend and backend) and a more minor part in web (especially backend)
- Developing tools that meet market security standards
- More occasionally, supporting internal tool needs for the Microservices Team of the game (ie. performance measurement and load testing tools)
You will work with the following technologies:
- Web platform and APIs in PHP
You Are Savvy In
- Working in a diversified technological environment. As a fullstack developer, you are more backend oriented but the frontend does not put you off, you know how to be versatile.
- Having a good team spirit. A great atmosphere in your workplace is just as important to you as the excellence of your code.
- Showing autonomy and thoroughness. You adapt to sometimes shifting priorities by managing your schedule, knowing when it becomes relevant to involve other members of your team.
- Demonstrating productivity and efficiency in projects
- Getting things done, sharing best practices in backend development, contributing to the implementation of efficient processes, exploring new technologies
You Have Accomplished
- Relevant programming experience or bachelor's degree in computer science
- 4 years+ of experience in web and/or application development
- Experience with Electron and/or Python; an asset
- Experience in setting up CI/CD pipelines; an asset
- Interest in developing skills with C ++; an asset
- Interest in video games; an asset
You Are Eager To Take On
- Collaborating within the Tools Team on the Game launcher as well as on the crash management pipeline of the AAA intergalactic video game Star Citizen
- Being part of a fast iterating development environment within a tight-knit team. Intermediate to senior, you are looking to meet developers who will continue to bring you further.
- Allowing players to launch the Star Citizen Game at any time by developing a reliable, robust, secure and scalable game launcher
- Developing a technical understanding of the demands coming from Cloud Imperium Games as well as their immediate and longer term impacts on the product
- Dividing work into specific tasks, adequately estimating the effort required to meet delivery deadlines
- Taking an interest in the needs of game Developers and other teams in order to provide tools and applications that optimize their work
Turbulent is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to ethnicity, color, religion, sex, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or disability.
Compensation displayed is an approximation, the salary will depend on the experience related to the job.
Apply now and work remotely at Turbulent