Experienced React Development
s mission is to give back time by turning formal meetings from time-wasters into value-creators. Our team is building a mobile and web based platform that allows effective choice making by digitally transforming meetings and decision making processes. In cutting administrative, organizational and repetitive work Sherpanys platform is actively sparing resources like paper, shipping and transportation. Within the next 5 years we aim to give back over 2 Mio. hours of extra time to people making decisions thereby enabling them to focus on value-adding work. Our headquarter is located in Zurich and we have offices in Lisbon, Berlin, Paris, Milan and Wroclaw.
Your new role:
In this role you are part of our Product team of 50 professionals such as Frontend & Backend Developers, UX & UI Specialists and Product Owners. You work 100% on mission critical projects from the first day on. Together with your frontend team you will design responsive front end applications, monitor development results, as well as provide technical support for existing applications. Furthermore you support other engineers, share your knowledge with your colleagues and contribute to agile projects. Finally, we tightly work together to grow our development skills.
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Experience with React and state management libraries (such as Redux or Mobx)
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM,
- Experience with code versioning tools (Git)
- Understand asynchronous request handling
- Understand cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Understand server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Familiarity in SSR/SSG React-based frameworks, e.g. next.js, gatsby.js
- Familiarity with Docker
- you are a self-starter with a high level of attention to detail
- you have a „get-it-done“ attitude and always aim for the best possible solutions
- you appreciate working in a team with highly motivated and driven people
What it's like to work for us:
- You are part of an international company with a flat hierarchy, in which you can take lot of responsibility and your ideas are always welcome
- In order to maintain your work-life balance we offer flexible working hours, home office and/or remote-working
- Your personal and professional development is important to us which is why we offer financial support for further education, trainings etc.
- Last but not least: Our corporate culture means a lot to us which is why we organize regular team events and cultivate a value-driven cooperation
Our recruiting process:
- Send us your online application
- Show us your skills throughout the Code Challenge
- First interview with the recruiting partner (60 min)
- Second interview with our CTO (60 min)
- Third interview with two members of the Frontend Chapter (90 min)
- Get started
Apply now and work remotely at SHERPANY
Senior Software Engineer
Muck Rack’s engineering team powers a platform that is meaningfully changing how journalists, PR pros, and marketers around the world work. Self-funded, globally distributed, and remote-first since our founding, Crain’s named Muck Rack one of the “Best Places to Work in NYC” in 2019 and 2020. We’re looking for a collaborative and self-motivated Front-End Developer to join our small but quickly growing team and make a big impact.
As a Front-End Developer you’ll work alongside the CTO, fellow software engineers, product managers, and designers, to ensure that our product looks great and works well with our clients. Our engineers are not siloed to any part of the application – everyone contributes everywhere.
Our tech stack includes Python, Django, Celery, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Vue, and Webpack. Our technology team is focused on scale, quality, delivery, and thoughtful customer experience. We ship frequently without sacrificing work/life balance.
If the details below describe you, you could be a great fit for this role:
- 3+ years professional experience as a Front-End Developer focused on performance and profiling.
- Possess strong communication skills and can explain ideas clearly, give and receive feedback, and work well with team members.
- Have worked on complex, high-traffic sites at a startup or Software-as-a-Service company.
- Understand multiple front-end frameworks (Vue, React, etc.).
- Have been a part of planning and building front-end end-to-end and unit testing.
- Are familiar with Linux or Unix environments and the command line.
- Have demonstrable Python/Django experience
- Have a good understanding of responsive design, grids, typography, and layout.
- Have a strong understanding of SEO principles and accessibility practices (ADA compliance).
- Desire to create something beautiful.
More about us:
Muck Rackers work to make journalists, PR pros, and marketers more successful.
Self-funded and growing quickly but sustainably, we have the freedom to build forward-thinking products, put our customers first, and offer an inclusive culture that welcomes diverse perspectives.
We enjoy the flexibility to work where we’re most productive and stay connected no matter where we’re located. We each have an impact on our continued growth and success, and we all take pride in the work we do to drive the company forward.
Benefits & Perks
- Flexible remote-first policy
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer contributions
- Flexible spending account
- Access to OneMedical, 24/7 Virtual Care, and an Employee Assistance Program
- Off-the-grid vacation
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Discounted gym & bike memberships
- Opt-in disability and life insurance
Muck Rack encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process.
We are actively interviewing candidates across the US, Canada, Poland and Bulgaria only
Apply now and work remotely at Muck RackApply