Lead Front End Developer
America's Test Kitchen is seeking a seasoned front-end developer responsible for leading our next.js/react based application efforts by building and maintaining applications that integrate with a variety of APIs. Your primary responsibility will be to design and develop these applications, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Thus, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and building quality products is essential.
Our ideal candidate has 5+ years of ES6, Node, and React experience. Additionally, the ideal candidate loves to continuously learn and apply new technology to interesting challenges.
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable React code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Work with 3rd party applications and vendors
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation.
- Work closely with QA, Product, Marketing, and Design team members to iteratively improve upon key aspects of our business
- Good understanding of the syntax of ES6, Node, and React along with their nuances
- Solid understanding of Styled Components
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful
- Strong background in working with APIs both as the client and the service
- Experience with popular front end web application frameworks
- A knack for writing clean, readable code
- Experience with both external and embedded databases (Postgres, Redis, etc)
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Implementation of automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (ex. Git, Mercurial or SVN)
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Ability to thrive in a highly collaborative, remote team environment (we spend a lot of time on Google * Meet/Hangouts and Slack screen sharing)
- Bonus points: Experience with GraphQL, NGINX, Heroku, and Algolia
We are a largely remote team that also leaves the door open at our beautiful space in the Seaport District, should you be looking for a change in workplace scenery.
Hard work and a love for your craft are paired with:
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent work-life balance
- Strong mostly-remote engineering team with lots of experience and tenure at ATK
- An open mind towards new and emerging technologies
- A lot of free cookbooks
- Not to mention, an impressive collection of custom slack emojis
Why America’s Test Kitchen:
We're passionate about cooking, and about creating the best place to work. We're small enough for your ideas to make a big impact, and large enough to offer you opportunities to grow professionally at any stage of your career. We want you to take risks and make mistakes — that's how innovation happens in our test kitchen, in our offices, and in life.
We at America’s Test Kitchen believe food media can be a powerful force for social change. We are passionate about building an inclusive workforce that represents many different cultures, backgrounds, abilities, identities, and perspectives.
We welcome your application.
Apply now and work remotely at America's Test Kitchen
Full Stack Developer
Karshare is one of the UK's fastest growing car sharing communities. We connect renters with owners, creating a more sustainable, shared future where we can do more with less.
We are looking for a full stack developer who is going to implement exciting new features. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
The role provides a fantastic opportunity to influence and shape the delivery and development of key processes within our AWS Serverless environments. You will be responsible for the development and maintenance of apps using various underlying technologies, including React, DynamoDB, Lambda functions, Typescript, Nodejs, Graphql with an event driven approach.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of data storage solutions e.g. Elastic Search, DynamoDB
- Write clean and robust code following good development principles (SOLID, DRY,
- Use TDD incl. unit, integration and end-to-end tests and be prepared to write tests for
all feature delivery
- Set up and maintain CI/CD flows
- Be instrumental in architecture, standards and tooling decisions
- Take part in researching, estimating and prioritizing features for roadmap
Skills And Qualifications
Thorough understanding of React and its core principles
Good knowledge of JS build tools
Solid understanding of security best practices
Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds
Hands on experience designing and building REST (or GraphQL) APIs as well as consuming them
Familiarity with API authentication and authorisation mechanisms
SQL and NoSQL databases experience
Cloud based infrastructures (AWS) including SNS, SQS, API Gateway, DynamoDB with automated serverless deployment
Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
Apply now and work remotely at Karshare
Front End Full Stack Engineer
LeadSimple is a motivated team solving big problems in the property management industry. Bootstrapped since 2013, we're profitable and growing. The team is passionate about helping small businesses simplify growth and streamline operations. We're proud to provide the leading CRM in our space.
- Ruby on Rails
- GraphQL (Relay)
- CI / Deployment:
- Docker Compose
- Project Management
- Github with Zenhub for kanban
- Canny for roadmap
- Slack, Zoom, VSCode Live Share for collaboration
We're currently a team of 20 and growing, working remotely across 6 time zones, connecting via Slack and Zoom throughout the day.
We value work/life balance and work at a sane pace (40 hour weeks), Monday - Friday. We maintain 2-3 hours of overlap with US Pacific Time, to ease collaboration.
Customer impact drives priorities across the organization. Our Success and Product teams work closely with end users on a daily basis, using their feedback to refine our roadmap and assist Engineering in creating an exceptional product.
We're looking for 1-2 motivated and productive team members to accelerate product efforts. We're open to mid or senior roles.
You have a solid understanding of engineering concepts, are able to master our tech stack, tools and processes, and become a productive contributor to new feature development.
- Solid experience one or more of our other core technologies: React, Typescript, RelayJS, GraphQL, Ruby on Rails
- Taking well-scoped components to completion within a reasonable time frame
- Great communicator, asks questions, explains themselves, open to feedback
- Proficient learner and problem solver
- Cares for the end-user (see The Product-Minded Engineer)
Senior Software Engineer
You are a rock-solid engineer with mastery of at least one domain. You can own technical design for projects of moderate complexity, understand trade-offs, debug systems in your domain, and write high quality code while getting a lot done. You're collaborative and an active contributor to product discovery conversations.
- Considerable experience with 3 or more of our core technologies: React, Typescript, RelayJS, GraphQL, Ruby on Rails
- Experience translating complex user stories into detailed requirements
- Highly productive, moves fast without breaking things
- Great collaborator, takes initiative, asks questions, explains themselves, open to feedback
- Proficient learner and problem solver
- Cares for the end-user (see The Product-Minded Engineer)
All positions offer the following benefits:
- Early Off Fridays (every other Friday afternoon off)
- 2 Weeks Paid Vacation + 6 local holidays
- Healthcare Allowance
- Vacation Allowance
- Complete our application.
- We'll review it and let you know how we'd like to review some of your work (either via Github or a short coding assessment).
- We'll reach out to schedule a 30 minute call, and ask for references.
- Selected candidates will proceed to a 90 minute technical interview.
- If everything looks good, we'll arrange to speak with some of your references, and follow up with an offer.
If you take pride in your work, enjoy shaping real products and want to hone your craft, we'd love to hear from you!
Apply now and work remotely at LeadSimple
Lead Front End Engineer
We’re only able to consider applicants based in the United States at this time. (You can work remotely anywhere in the United States, or from our office in San Francisco.)
We are looking for an experienced lead front-end engineer who knows their way around React to help us develop an online platform (we’d need your help with the web side of things). We’re a small growing engineering team distributed around the US & Europe, with an office in San Francisco. We iterate quickly, ship every day, build for the long term, and are looking for smart, independent engineers who want to ply their trade with like-minded people.
- Architect, build, deploy and iterate on new features and capabilities of the Archipelago application stack.
- Collaborate with other engineers, design, and product to build out new capabilities and designs.
- Build fast but design for the feature through architecting efficient and reusable components.
- Own the quality of your deliverable through good design, implementation and unit testing.
- Ship code to production frequently.
Experience and Qualifications
- 7+ years of frontend SaaS application development experience
- Experience building responsive and cross-browser compatible web applications with a strong UI focus
- Production environment coding experience with React, Typescript, and Graphql.
- Proven track record of delivering highly-performant and scalable software solutions, and commitments to demanding business customers.
- Knowledge of best practices & patterns for large scale web applications.
- Work independently as part of a distributed team.
Desired but not Required
Experience building applications for the insurance industry.
You’ll join at an early stage of the company, so you can take something from 0 to 1
We’re a supportive team who will give you as much assistance or independence as you like
We have an office in San Francisco, but most of your engineering teammates work remotely from around the world. Pre-existing remote work experience would be a big plus. If you’d like to work remotely, please note that we’re only able to consider applicants based in the US at this time.
Archipelago is a start-up working to revolutionize how risk is insured. Our founders are tech & finance entrepreneurs with several IPOs and acquisitions under their belts. We are headquartered in San Francisco, have raised several millions in seed money to date, and currently employ over a hundred people across the US & Europe.
View other openings in Archipelago: https://archipelago.breezy.hr/
Apply now and work remotely at ArchipelagoApply
Senior Staff Engineer
Shopify is the leading omni-channel commerce platform. Merchants use Shopify to design, set up, and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including mobile, web, social media, marketplaces, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. The platform also provides merchants with a powerful back-office and a single view of their business, from payments to shipping. The Shopify platform was engineered for reliability and scale, making enterprise-level technology available to businesses of all sizes.
Our Data Platform Engineering group builds and maintains the platform that delivers accessible data to power decision-making at Shopify for over a million merchants. We’re hiring high-impact developers across teams:
- The Engine group organizes all merchant and Shopify data into our data lake in highly-optimized formats for fast query processing, and maintaining the security + quality of our datasets.
- The Analytics group builds products that leverage the Engine primitives to deliver simple and useful products that power scalable transformation of data at Shopify in batch, or streaming, or for machine learning. This group is focused on making it really simple for our users to answer three questions: What happened in the past? What is happening now? And, what will happen in the future?
- The Data Experiences group builds end-user experiences for experimentation, data discovery, and business intelligence reporting.
- The Reliability group operates the data platform efficiently in a consistent and reliable manner. They build tools for other teams at Data Platform to leverage to encourage consistency and they champion reliability across the platform.
While our teams value specialized skills, they've also got a lot in common. We're looking for a(n):
- High-energy self-starter with experience and passion for data and big data scale processing. You enjoy working in fast-paced environments and love making an impact.
- Exceptional communicator with the ability to translate technical concepts into easy to understand language for our stakeholders.
- Excitement for working with a remote team; you value collaborating on problems, asking questions, delivering feedback, and supporting others in their goals whether they are in your vicinity or entire cities apart.
- Solid software engineer: experienced in building and maintaining systems at scale.
A Senior Data Developer at Shopify typically has 4-6 years of experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Working with the internals of a distributed compute engine (Spark, Presto, DBT, or Flink/Beam)
- Query optimization, resource allocation and management, and data lake performance (Presto, SQL)
- Cloud infrastructure (Google Cloud, Kubernetes, Terraform)
- Security products and methods (Apache Ranger, Apache Knox, OAuth, IAM, Kerberos)
- Deploying and scaling ML solutions using open-source frameworks (MLFlow, TFX, H2O, etc.)
- Building full-stack applications (Ruby/Rails, React, TypeScript)
- Background and practical experience in statistics and/or computational mathematics (Bayesian and Frequentist approaches, NumPy, PyMC3, etc.)
- Modern Big-Data storage technologies (Iceberg, Hudi, Delta)
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Apply now and work remotely at ShopifyApply