Senior Frontend Engineer
Location: Austria, Germany, Switzerland - preferred: Vienna, Dornbirn, Berlin, rest of Europe also possible (remote)
Position: Full-time employment
Crate.io is the developer of CrateDB, a global leading-edge IoT database, extending the limits of time-series applications. The highly scalable distributed database solution combines the performance of NoSQL with the power and simplicity of standard SQL. Designed specifically to support machine data applications and IIoT, CrateDB is optimized for time series and industrial data and runs in the cloud on Azure and Amazon as well as on the edge and on-premise.
We are a VC and corporate funded global technology company in the IOT space, both Forbes and Gartner have recognized us as cutting edge. The company is well funded with $10M+ of fresh capital we raised in our latest financing round this year. We are gearing up for hyper-growth with offices in the USA, Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
In addition to the CrateDB, we are developing a leading edge IOT Platform to enable Smart manufacturing and Industry 4.0 initiatives with our customers globally. The solution is live today with the first lighthouse customer and expected to commercially launch later this year.
With our Analytics Platform, we are leveraging the power of CrateDB for discrete manufacturing use cases to enable the frontline workers by providing a “digital friend” to them. We build the next generation of analytics processes and tools to enable efficiency on the factory floor and help rollout teams and integration specialists to roll this out to their factories.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Frontend Software Engineer to strengthen our team. This role will report directly to the Lead Engineer.
WHAT YOU GET OUT OF THIS OPPORTUNITY
- Join a leading VC funded tech company from the pre-B stage through the exit
- Contribute demonstrable business impact to Crate’s growth
- Be part of an open, collaborative culture with “Craties” from diverse backgrounds
WHAT YOU’RE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Maintain, improve and extend the code base of our front-end applications that power our IoT analytics platform
- Implement web applications using state of the art front-end frameworks
- Work closely together with the UI/UX designer
- Ensure quality through test driven development
- Think about performance and security as keys to build sustainable products
- Do research and derive customer implementation
- Proven experience as a frontend engineer or similar role (5 years+)
- Experience interacting with REST and GraphQl APIs
- Experience with CI/ CD procedures and tools
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Comprehensive understanding of service architecture
- High affinity to transform customer needs into software
- Familiar with testing frameworks like Jest or Cypress
- Craftsmanship to continuously improve and take over responsibility for existing code
- Fluent English
NICE TO HAVE
- Work experience with agile methodologies, such as Scrum
- Experience with CrateDB
- Additional language skills such as Python
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible working hours
- A variety of perks (e.g., financial allowances for public transportation, fitness, and education)
- Participation in our Employee Stock Options Plan
- The opportunity to become part of one of the most exciting startups in the IT scene (Winner of the 2021 IoT Evolution: Industrial IoT Product of the Year Award)
At Crate.io, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it and support it. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
Apply now and work remotely at crate.io
Senior Full Stack Developer
Who are we, and why are we hiring?
We're based on over 15 years of success, producing world-class video content and building, developing, and managing a number of high-traffic websites. Our success is down to Kodify's distinct teamwork, where each and every one of us plays a key role in getting us one step closer to our goals. Our award-winning content and websites are created exclusively by us and directly for the use of millions of users worldwide.
At Kodify, we love tech and are always thinking about what’s next! R&D and optimizations are part of our spirit. We work hard on consistently maintaining the highest level of professionalism. The video streaming industry has been growing a lot since last year and as a result, we need to expand our team to release the great ideas we’ve in mind.
What will you do?
You’ll help to evolve a platform that supports close to 100M unique visitors a month. Improving areas such as:
- End-to-end responsibility from technical design to development and testing. We have a dedicated QA team and we really care about testing.
- Work with Designers and Product Owners to ensure they understand possibilities/limitations.
- Always work towards minimizing page load time / API response times. With the best tools available to ensure you’ve full visibility: Metrics, Distributed Tracing, and ATM.
- Become a valued team member, providing feedback about tech, development lifecycle, and processes.
- Take ownership of your code/task/role.
- Be proud of what you achieve, and of the product, and be one of the driving forces behind always making it better.
When you cock-up - own-up! (We don’t blame-storming here!)
Where and when:
From wherever you want, the position is fully remote in the EU.
We’re very flexible about when you get your work done, but we do have some **core hours where we like to overlap in order to promote collaboration and low-latency communication between team members (10:00 to 15:00 CET).
- Our daily virtual stand-ups are important for us but other than that, you’re free to manage your own time.
What we offer:
- Fully remote position or, if preferred, working in our awesome Barcelona office!
- Agile environment
- Top-notch tech stack!
- Upskill Fridays! Developers take time on Fridays to improve your skills, learn and research new trends that will allow us to level up our stack and processes
- Hackathons every 6 months!
- Flexible working hours + core hours!
- 10% on top of your salary for learning and development - of your choice!
- Latest tech equipment
- Company Amazon book account!
- Kodify off-sites, quarterly on-sites, events, and team activities!
- Amazing international team!
- A team player who likes to help others and find solutions together
- Be very familiar with the Node.js ecosystem in terms of profiling and debugging tools.
- You’re very comfortable with Unix tools.
- Testing. This is critical for you and us, as we used to lack in that area in the past and suffered the consequences.
- Measuring. Data-driven decisions are the best ones.
- You have a real ‘Can Do’ work ethic - We are results-based, not clock-based!
- Your sense of humor will bring a new dynamic to the team - you love to have fun while you work!
We also value experience in some of the following:
React * Next.js * GraphQL * Microservices architecture * gRPC/ZeroMQ * Redis * Express * We value open source projects * Experience in High traffic websites and his needs * Docker / Kubernetes / AWS * Video streaming technologies / Web playback tools (VideoJS) * Understanding of Agile principles * Experience with Git and JIRA * Experience working remotely
Apply now and work remotely at Kodify Media Group
Visitt is looking for a full stack web developer, with 5+ years of experience.
We are VC-backed, with happy, paying clients in US & IL. Looking for a developer who will take end to end responsibility on product features, tackle existing solutions in different ways for the next generation of Visitt and will join the collaborative work, together with design and product to create major impact on our business and users.
Your resposabilities include: full onership on product features from planning to execution, to full solution, collaborat with all team members, product, CS and sales to better understand the problems you are working in order to creat briliante solutions, help with code reviews and planning, rethink our infrastructure and tackle existing solutions in different ways. Lastly, make business driven technical tradeoffs and decisions.
You’ll use modern technologies and frameworks like React, GraphQL and Apollo to create fast and engaging web and mobile applications. Nodejs, MongoDB, Redis and Kubernetes are used to build our reliable servers and workers. We are proud of our product craft and quality of code.
Check us out at www.visitt.io
Apply now and work remotely at VisittApply
Full Stack React Developer
We’re looking for an engineer to work alongside our CTO as we build our SaaS product. We’re an early stage company, so we’d like to start with a 1 month contract. As the company grows and we raise more money / generate revenue, there will be an opportunity to join the team full-time.
Typescript / React
What we’re building
We’re helping sales and customer success teams create shared spaces with their customers (think of a private personalized microsite for each of your customers).These spaces host all of the assets in the relationship from pitch decks to project timelines. Learn more on our website and in our announcement blog post.
3+ years of experience developing React and Node.js applications
A good sense of UX patterns
Experience building and shipping production ready code
$70,000 - $100,000 per year
(paid hourly at $40 - $55)
How we work
We’re an asynchronous and global team. We meet weekly to check-in, but mainly work independently throughout the week. Each team member is responsible for getting feedback on their projects from the broader group. We work through Zoom, Slack, and Github.
30min call with CTO
2 hour paired programming session with CTO
30min call with CEO
Apply now and work remotely at DockApply