P T Full Stack Developer
You’ll be working on big, exciting projects like optimizing our social media post queueing system, building out UI components using React, adding support for social media platform-specific features like native video, and getting our onboarding juuuust right so that every user has a mind-blowing experience from their very first login.
Today Edgar is built with Rails, Postgres, and React. We do our best to write solid, well-tested code and we keep an eye out for new technologies that improve our development experience.
You’ll be joining our small Product & Engineering team, working daily with:
- Chad, Engineering Director
- Kevin, Product Director
- Yuta, Senior Full-Stack Developer, who also serves as our Lead Architect
- Mark, Senior Full-Stack Developer
- Sarah, Usability Project Manager, who also serves as our dedicated QA
And you’ll also be frequently working alongside Kristina and Megan on our Customer Experience team.
Spoiler alert Take a sneak peek at this position's current "Work Agreement" here: http://ed.gr/ptfsdev
(We write these up with every employee at MeetEdgar and update them at least once a year to make sure we're all on the same page about how we're being evaluated and what types of expectations surround our roles.)
Apply now and work remotely at MeetEdgar
Experienced Front End Web Developer
NOTE: To be considered for a remote position, you need to be based in the U.S. at this time.
We need a developer with a solid understanding of modern front end technologies and most importantly, the ability to work as part of a team.
Your primary responsibility will be helping maintain our ecosystem of websites. This involves building pages from scratch based on Illustrator or Sketch designs and making modifications to our WordPress and JAMstack (Jekyll-based) sites.
Your HTML5 & CSS3 skills will shine as you show off optimization and code quality when resolving bugs and issues when they come up. You’ll also work at designing and developing better user experiences and measuring the effect on those through A/B tests.
We practice good coding standards, we build for the future, and we don’t believe in cowboy coding or working in a bubble. We’re looking for thinkers … with talent.
What you’ll be doing day-to-day
- Writing code with a focus on performance, speedy page load times,
improving conversion rates
- Building sites and implementing redesigns, designed in Illustrator/Sketch, on our WordPress or static-based sites
- Coding features for our sites (both through WP Themes and not) using HTML5/CSS/PHP/JS
- Designing and developing better user experiences and measuring the effect on those through A/B tests
- Future-proofing our sites with maintenance fixes, updating features, and rolling out responsive, mobile-friendly platforms
- Conversing, committing, and delivering via Asana/Slack/GitHub/email (in whatever order that is)
- Exploring new technologies/tools for finding solutions to new (and old) problems
- Optimizing conversions with A/B testing
Application Architecture (things you’ll HAVE to know)
- Experience with static site generators like Jekyll, Gatsby, or Hugo
- Fundamental PHP experience especially as it relates to maintaining WordPress themes and websites
- Semantic HTML
- Sass, Bourbon, etc. (or other CSS pre-processor)
- CSS Frameworks (Bourbon/Neat, Bootstrap, etc… we roll our own, btw)
- Experience with build and package management tools like Gulp, NPM, Bower, etc
- Structured Data (gotta satisfy the Googles)
- Advanced understanding of all the cool buzzwords… SEO, Web-standards, accessibility and usability concepts, information architecture, UX & UI design (heavy on the UX)
- Good communication skills & a great can-do attitude (We’re totally serious about this one.)
- A GitHub account or experience with other version control (SVN, CVS, etc. … but git/gh is where it’s at)
- Jekyll, Liquid (templating)
- HTML, CSS
- PHP, WordPress, MySQL
Prefer to have:
- Google Analytics/Google Tag Manager/Google Optimize
- JAMstack (Jekyll, Gatsby, Hugo)
- Node.js, Express, React
- Build Tools (Gulp, Webpack)
- AWS Lambda, RDS, Firebase, Netlify
- MongoDB, GraphQL, and Apollo
- Chris Coyier is a hero of yours.
- You’ve hosted a website with Netlify, Forestry, or a similar service
- You have converted a WordPress website to Jekyll, Hugo or another static site
- You know the entire CanIUse library inside and out.
- You want to teach as much as learn.
- You have a pixel-perfect design eye with Photoshop/Illustrator or Sketch skills to match. It’s going to come in super-handy.
- You read sites like SmashingMagazine.com and actually put tutorials into practice.
- You’ve attended a WordCamp, Meetup, or other industry conference.
- Located in University District of Seattle
- Cool office perks (free sodas/Topo Chico/coffee, snacks, etc.)
- Generous salary considerations & full benefits
What We Value
We love to work as a team but office hours are flexible. Producing is more important than meeting a “9 to 5” schedule. We understand there are moments when you need to isolate yourself to concentrate so working from home is permitted and encouraged. We like to have a good time and minimize stress with good in-office coffee, lounge/reading time and regular happy hours. We work hard and meet realistic deadlines. What good is delivering a poor product early?
OneCare is committed to bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and be their authentic self, feel a sense of community, and do great work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
- 401K (+ company matching)
- Medical, dental, and vision is covered by OneCare.com for the employee
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- flexible schedule
- opportunities to work remotely
Apply now and work remotely at OneCare Media
Senior Front End Developer
Draftable is a world-class document comparison solution, offering a range of products for individuals, teams and enterprises across the world. Our powerful comparison technology and elegant user-friendly viewer are shared between all our products/platforms.
Draftable Online is our free online service for comparing documents. Our users generate over one million comparisons each year. We are looking to upgrade this service to meet the needs of teams and large organisations.
Draftable is the first publicly launched product of Affinda – supporting companies to embrace AI technologies.
About the role
You will be the technical lead for our front-end web development, including our Draftable Online product and our core comparison viewer. You will be working with our Product Lead and other team members to prioritize and build features.
You will also be responsible for our public facing website. You will be working with various stakeholders across product, sales/marketing, legal, etc, to maintain and improve the website.
You will spend at least 80% of your time thinking about how to implement things and writing code.
In addition to supporting the Draftable product, we expect you will be involved in new front-end projects relating to our innovative and growing artificial intelligence business.
Compensation: AUD $85k - $100k per annum (~US $70,000)
- You have 5+ years of experience with front-end development (JS, CSS, HTML)
- You have 1+ years of experience with React
- You are independent and self-reliant. You are happy working on a task by yourself, but you will take initiative to involve other team members when necessary
- You have a high attention to detail. You are intimately familiar with the complexities of web development, e.g. mobile responsiveness, browser compatibility
- You have a great sense of design. You like building software that delights users. (Graphic design skills are a bonus, but not necessary)
- You have experience being the technical lead of a project and are comfortable both planning/architecting as well as diving into code as an individual contributor.
- You appreciate the importance of clear communication, especially when working in a remote team
- You are fluent in English, both written and spoken, and can participate in an English-only work environment
We understand you have a life outside work and we will respect your non-working and family time. We expect engineers to work a full-time load of 40 hours per week (and no more) and to be very productive during that time.
Our core collaboration hours are 12pm-8pm AEST (GMT+10). You will need to have at least 3 hours overlap.
Our services are very stable, and we haven’t had any critical incidents that required urgent attention over the last year.
About our culture
We are a small, friendly team of experienced professionals. We are all great at what we do and appreciate the value of working with highly competent peers. We are collaborative, and we expect you to take an active role in evolving our engineering culture.
Our development process is product-led. We are agile (but not Agile). We like short milestones. We launch things as soon as they’re ready. We like iterating based off user feedback. We do things right the first time, even if it takes a little longer. We don’t have much technical debt. We like good documentation. From time to time we promise a feature to customer, but we otherwise don’t have many external deadlines.
Draftable is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a team that represents a diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, skills and experiences.
Some things you might do in your first few months
- Take over leadership of our comparison viewer
- Create & setup a new SEM landing page based off a brief from the sales/marketing team.
- Implement a new feature in the comparison viewer from a high-fidelity design
- Work with our Product Lead to iterate on a feature in the viewer
- Implement front-end of an online accounts system for Draftable Online users
- Test & fix major browser compatibility issues
- Replace/rework our email templates (for our automated emails)
- Dive into the viewer rendering code to optimise the performance of a new feature
Apply now and work remotely at Draftable