Full Stack Developer
Mattermost provides an open source enterprise-grade messaging platform to the world’s leading organizations that allows teams to collaborate securely and privately anywhere. With over 10,000 server downloads / month our customers include Uber, Samsung, Affirm, The US Department of Defense and more. Our private cloud solutions offer secure, configurable, highly-scalable messaging across web, phone and PC with archiving, search, and deep integrations with hundreds of SaaS and on-premises technologies. Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, our company serves customers around the world with a distributed organization spanning the globe.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you'll learn more about working at Mattermost and come talk to us!
About the Role
As a core committer at Mattermost you are responsible for one of the world’s largest and most popular open source projects. Your work impacts thousands of organizations who depend on Mattermost for daily operations, from high tech (Intel, Samsung, Micron), to healthcare (Medtronic, Epic, Bristol-Myers Squibb) to public sector (U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Department of Energy), to education (University of California, National University of Singapore), and consumer brands (Urban Outfitters, Wargaming.net). Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, our company serves customers around the world with a distributed organization spanning 7 time zones. More on us at www.mattermost.com.
Working in open source means your work is publicly visible. Your code will receive both credit and constructive critique from the community. With the right mindset and support these can lead to you a highly positive working environment and making the best engineering decisions of your career. Core committers include highly skilled volunteer developers from the community, staff employed by enterprises deploying and investing in Mattermost, as well as staff employed by Mattermost, Inc.
Read about our end-to-end recruiting process for core committers at: https://docs.mattermost.com/process/developer.html
We seek a full stack engineer comfortable moving across front end and back end systems to lay out the technical vision for critical components of the Mattermost architecture and leading community developers towards a unified, scalable, performant, extensible system architecture.
Apply now and work remotely at Mattermost
Head of Technology
IDEX is a Software as a Service (SaaS) startup on a mission to shatter the myth that China can’t innovate. We believe strongly in the innovative potential of employees all across China, and are committed to empowering their creative potential with our innovation management software. We provide our software to companies with 200 or more employees, allowing every employee to freely express their ideas, and eventually, use those ideas to benefit the employees themselves, their customers, and business.
We are a small, committed team that is rapidly growing. Our co-founders are two successful entrepreneurs who have established multi-million dollar businesses in markets across the globe. We are well-funded and ready to tackle this exciting, difficult challenge. If you share our vision and want to be part of transforming force for China’s innovation scene, come and join us!
You will be responsible for successful execution and delivery of technical aspects of enterprise-level software. You will work closely with the Head of Product and Lead Designer to ensure technological and operational components are delivered on schedule and on budget. You will be the first hire of the technical team and initially will work with freelancers of your choice to get things done. Along with the growth of the company, you will be able to form and manage your own tech team to further develop IDEX's software suite.
- Backend: Java/Spring Boot/Maven
- Frontend: React/Redux
- Database: PostgreSQL
- Hosting: AWS EC2, S3, RDS
Apply now and work remotely at IDEX Innovation Management
Senior Frontend Engineer (Remote)
At Close, we're building the sales communication platform of the future. With our roots as the very first sales CRM to include built-in calling, we're leading the industry toward eliminating manual processes and helping companies to close more deals (faster). Since our founding in 2013, we've grown to become a profitable, 100% globally distributed team of ~33 high-performing, happy people that are dedicated to building a product our customers love.
We care about performance (e.g. route-based code splitting), maintainability, and testability of our frontend code. We sweat the UI/UX details and work collaboratively with the Product team throughout the design process. This means diving into lo-fi Freehand wireframes, and communicating continuously when those ideas are brought to life using Sketch/Abstract and code.
Our frontend app is built on top of our REST API & GraphQL endpoints. Our backend tech stack consists of Python/Flask, MongoDB, Postgres, Elasticsearch, and Redis. We run our services in Docker on AWS.
We ❤ open source – using dozens of open source projects with contributions to many of them, and released some of our own like Microphone Recorder to Mp3, filevalidator.js, addresscompiler, backbone.mousetrap and more at Close Github.
We're looking for an experienced full-time Frontend Software Engineer to join our engineering team. Someone who has a solid understanding of web technologies and wants to help design, implement, and launch major user-facing features.
You should have significant experience designing, debugging, and optimizing frontend applications to make them fast and reliable. You have significant experience with REST APIs and thoroughly understand HTTP requests. You have experience participating in code reviews and providing overall code quality suggestions to help maintain the structure and quality of the codebase.
You should have great product sense and be able to think through user experience issues before diving into the code, and you exhibit a love for great UI.
You’re comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with a small and talented team where you're supported in your efforts to grow professionally. You are able to manage your time well, communicate effectively and collaborate in a fully distributed team.
You are located in an American or European time zone.
BONUS POINTS IF YOU
- Experience implementing real-time (e.g. websockets, polling, etc.) web apps
- Experience working with GraphQL endpoints
- An eye for design and experience with Sketch, Abstract, Photoshop, or similar
- Led small project teams building and launching features
- Contributed open source code (core or plugins) for a popular frontend framework such as React, Vue, or Angular
- Built B2B SaaS products
- Experience with sales or sales tools
COME HELP US WITH PROJECTS LIKE
- Conceiving, designing, building, and launching new user-facing features
- Working with Twilio's API, WebSockets, and WebRTC to improve our calling features
- Building user-facing analytics features that provide actionable insights based on sales activity data
- Improving real-time collaboration user experience
- Expanding our frontend GraphQL usage
- Extending our React component library
WHY WORK WITH US?
- 100% Remote (we believe in trust and autonomy)
- 2 x Annual Team Retreats (Lisbon Retreat Video)
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Dental with HSA option - 99% premiums paid (US residents)
- 5 Weeks PTO + 6 Government Holidays + Dec 24 - Jan 1 Company Holiday
- Parental Leave (10 wks primary caregiver / 4 wks secondary caregiver)
- 401k matching at 4% (US residents)
- Our story and team
- Glassdoor Reviews
At Close, everyone has a voice. We encourage transparency and practicing a mature approach to the work-place. In general, we don’t have strict policies, we have guidelines. Work/Life harmony is an important part of our organization - we believe you bring your best to work when you practice self care (whatever that looks like for you).
We come from 12 countries and 14 states; a collection of talented humans rich in diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and cultures. Twice a year we meet up somewhere around the world to spend time with one another. We see these retreats as an opportunity to strengthen the social fiber of our community.
This team is growing in more ways than one - we’ve recently launched 8 babies (and counting!). Unanimously, our favorite and most impactful value is “Build a house you want to live in.” We strive to make decisions that are authentic for our organization. At Close, we have a high care factor for one another, in making an awesome product and championing the success of our customers.
Apply now and work remotely at CloseApply
Customer Support Specialist
Howdy 👋We’re the folks at SkyVerge, and we build WordPress plugins that help over 100k+ eCommerce businesses grow and manage their WooCommerce stores. Our team is 100% remote, with 21 people distributed all over the world.
We’re looking for a friendly, talented Customer Support Specialist to join our team and help support our entire suite of products: a portfolio of WordPress plugins for WooCommerce and Jilt, an email marketing platform built for eCommerce.
You’ll be the first point of contact for hundreds of thousands of eCommerce stores, helping them with problems, and answering questions. As part of a small team, you'll likely get your hands dirty with a little bit of everything.
You should be:
- Excited to be on the customer’s team -- you’ll need to understand and empathize with their problems before you start fixing things
- A self-starter, capable of working independently
- Dedicated to constant experimentation & learning
Bonus points if you also have:
- Experience with WordPress
- Experience with WooCommerce (or other eCommerce platforms)
- Experience supporting SaaS products
- Experience with PHP / Ruby (or other programming languages)
- Native-level fluency in a language other than English (We love being able to support customers in their native language!)
You’ll be responsible for:
- Assisting customers by troubleshooting technical problems and escalating to the engineering team as needed
- Answering pre-sales questions and other feedback from customers
- Documenting and optimizing our support process to improve customer satisfaction
- Writing technical documentation and other content so customers can help themselves
- Helping our engineering & product teams to identify areas where we can improve the customer experience
- Monitoring social media and forums where customers may have questions or issues with our products and get them the help they need
Why you’ll love working with us:
- Kind, wonderful teammates that enjoy their work as much as you do
- Competitive salary
- Annual company retreats (read about our last adventure in Lake Tahoe!)
- Fantastic benefits: 27 days paid time-off, full health insurance (medical, dental, and vision), retirement contributions, paid parental leave, and more!
- Transparent culture (check out our team wiki)
Curious to learn more? Read our full position overview and apply here. We're excited to meet you!
We support workplace diversity and do not discriminate on any protected class. We believe when we work together as a team of different views, experiences, and ideas, we can build amazing things.
Apply now and work remotely at SkyVerge