- Job type: Permanent
- Experience level: Senior
- Role: Senior React Developer Location:
- Location: United Kingdom - Remote
- Industry: Agile Software Development
- Company size: 1-10 People (growing)
We need an ambitious, motivated and talented developer to join our team building the next generation of software aimed at the not-for-profit sector.
We are a n3o - A UK based startup with a distributed development team.
What we're looking for:
We are looking for a React JS developer to work alongside the backend team on our CRM system. You will be working as part of a globally distributed team so this role is open to candidates based anywhere in the UK. This takes a high level of motivation and the ability to self-manage. This role requires excellent written and verbal English communication skills and the ability to communicate professionally with both technical and non-technical people.
The role is unique in that not only will you be working with exciting technology and a talented & enthusiastic team, you have the chance to be part of something truly worthwhile developing software that helps not-for-profits do more to help some of the most vulnerable people in the world. We want you to be as excited about this prospect as the rest of the team are!
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000
Perks: Working hours: Flexible. Friendly team and value-led organisation, generous training allowance, 22 days holiday & regular staff meet-ups
Apply now and work remotely at n3o LtdApply
Full Stack Developer
SilviaTerra is excited to be hiring a full-time software developer as the 10th member of our team. Help us build the future of precision forestry. Our clients include NGOs, state and national governmental agencies, and several of the largest forest landowners in the world.
Our work has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, Fast Company, and the BBC. Through our collaboration with Microsoft as an AI for Earth grantee we’ve been able to create the first ever high resolution nationwide forest inventory, with data for every acre in America. Looking forward, we believe that recent advancements in remote sensing, cloud computing, and AI - combined with deep domain expertise - puts us in a unique position to build the future of forestry. If we ship even half of the things we have planned for 2020, it will be a wild year and we can’t do it without you.
Apply now and work remotely at SilviaTerra
Front End Engineer
Mid/Senior Front-End Engineer
Are you a looking to be part of a fun group of travel junkies set out to revolutionize the travel world? Wanderu is an exciting Boston-based startup determined to create the travel brand for the next generation. Wanderu’s ground travel search is the simplest way to book bus and train travel, making peoples travel experience more convenient and fun! This is your opportunity to join an exciting, fast-paced startup environment and make a difference in the world, one traveler at a time.
We hire people who are driven, solutions-focused, and passionate about their work. Our employees never fill a single role and always rise to new challenges with excitement and curiosity.
We are currently looking for a front-end engineer who, along with the rest of the web team, will help design, develop, improve, maintain, and troubleshoot our entire public web presence: our search interfaces and booking tool, our user account experience, our SEO properties, and more. You will build small features and make minor bugfixes yourself; work on teams of 2-3 frontend engineers to develop more substantial features; write unit and integration tests; and deploy your own code to our production servers.
Apply now and work remotely at Wanderu, IncApply
Full Stack Developer
ChangeX is a marketplace connecting proven ideas for strengthening communities with teams who start them locally and those with the resources to support – ideas like Grow it Yourself, Men’s Sheds, Repair Café, parkrun and Playworks, adopted and started by teachers, healthcare professionals, community workers and other proactive citizens.
We’re looking for a full stack developer to join a small talented product team. This team is working to simplify and accelerate the way people fund, start and grow projects in their communities. We’re looking for an engineer who shares our belief in the power of great technology to transform the lives of real offline communities. If you want to ensure your engineering skills have a positive impact in the world, we’d love to talk to you.
Apply now and work remotely at ChangeX
Senior Full-stack Engineer (Python, JS)
About the role
Draftable API is our cloud API service for comparing documents, powered by our world-class Draftable technology. It is one of our two main products. Over the last year, we’ve been experiencing strong growth and we are now looking for an excellent generalist to join our team.
You will be the technical lead for Draftable API and oversee much of web infrastructure. You will be working with our Product Lead and other team members to prioritize and build features.
You will spend at least 80% of your time thinking about how to implement things and writing code.
- You have 5+ years of experience with Python (Django, Django REST Framework).
- You have at least a year of experience with React.
- You are independent and self-reliant. You are happy working on a task by yourself but you will take initiative to involve other team members when necessary.
- You have a strong awareness of efficiency and computer science fundamentals (but you don’t need to know this stuff cold like a grad).
- You appreciate the importance of clear communication, especially in a remote role.
We understand you have a life outside work and we will respect your non-working and family time. We expect engineers to work a full-time load of 40 hours per week (and no more) and to be very productive during that time.
Our team is mostly remote (5 in Melbourne, 2 in Poland, and a few travelling the world). And we prefer working with remote engineers, but we’re also open to welcoming you into our Melbourne office.
You will have flexibility to schedule your work around your other obligations but you will usually work at a fixed time. If your work hours don’t have much overlap with Australian business hours, you will need to be flexible with scheduling meetings late at night or early in the morning.
Our service is very stable and we haven’t had any critical incidents that required urgent attention over the last year.
About our culture
We’re easy-going and easy to work with. We’re developer-led and have a flat structure. We are collaborative, and we expect you to take an active role in evolving our engineering culture. We like writing things down. We love Slack.
We launch things as soon as they’re ready. We do things right the first time, even if it takes a little longer. We don’t have much technical debt. From time to time we promise a feature to customer, but we otherwise don’t have many external deadlines.
Some things you might be doing in your first few months
- Adding a new end-point to Draftable API
- Build an admin interface for internal staff
- Get our integration tests running inside docker
- Build a marketing sign-up page for our website that pipes form data through to Salesforce
- Work with our product lead to add a feature to our comparison viewer
About our technical stack
We have a fairly standard tech stack: Python (Django, Celery, SaltStack), React, PostgreSQL, Redis and RabbitMQ. Our frontend is JS, react, CSS, HTML.
Our core algorithms and products are written in .NET (mostly C# with some F# and some C++). In this role, it’s not intended that you will contribute to the core technology.
Apply now and work remotely at DraftableApply
Full-stack .NET and HTML+CSS+JS Developer (Junior to Early Career)
Hi future Likvido-developer!
We're looking for a full-stack developer to join our awesome, fully-remote, development team. Tasks will involve everything from implementing pages in ASP.NET MVC Razor (HTML+CS+JS) to making backend services. This is a "junior" to "early-career" position. Expect bit variety in tasks, and you can learn a lot!
Since we launched Likvido in April 2018, we’ve absolutely nailed it. Not only do we now have 1.000+ customers - among many of the hottest startups and scaleups in Denmark - we also managed to get very serious funding, have very good unit economics and built a really cool technical platform. However, we’re just getting started.
So what are we doing?
We are solving the biggest reason for companies going bankrupt in Europe. You see, 19 % of all invoices are paid late, and roughly half of all bankruptcies are caused by lack of cash.
Likvido is defining a new category we’re calling a “customer payment system”. Today you integrate Likvido with your accounting system, and then we automate sending out invoices, send our reminders, start debt collection and post back to the accounting system. Looking ahead, we will add financial products, give the whole organization access to our system and much more. In brief, we help companies get paid - on time - and forecast their cash flow.
Apply now and work remotely at Likvido.com
Customer Support Specialist
Howdy 👋We’re the folks at SkyVerge, and we build WordPress plugins that help over 100k+ eCommerce businesses grow and manage their WooCommerce stores. Our team is 100% remote, with 19 people distributed all over the world.
We’re looking for a driven, experienced, full-stack PHP Engineer to join our growing engineering team and build new features while maintaining our existing portfolio of 60+ individual extensions.
You should be:
- Deeply experienced with PHP, ideally in a WordPress-specific role
- Adept at translating user stories into detailed engineering implementation tasks
- Detail-oriented & curious, with a drive to understand and solve technical challenges
- A self-starter, comfortable working independently and taking a high level of responsibility
- Dedicated to constant learning and sharing your knowledge
Bonus points if you also have:
- WooCommerce experience
- Experience with payment gateways, especially integrating with their APIs
- eCommerce experience (particularly with other platforms like Shopify, Magento, or BigCommerce)
You’ll be responsible for:
- Building features & fixing bugs based on specs in Clubhouse stories (derived from both customer feedback and our support team)
- Adhering to internal code standards and best practices while suggesting new ones for team consideration
- Carefully user-testing your own work and implementing feedback from code review
- Providing detailed code reviews to your teammates
- Adding to our internal wiki/documentation
- Assisting our support team with troubleshooting challenging issues
- Contributing to our own open-source code (like our plugin framework) and the wider community, like WooCommerce and WordPress
Why you’ll love working with us:
- Kind, wonderful teammates that enjoy their work as much as you do
- Competitive salary
- Annual company retreats (read about our last adventure in Lake Tahoe!)
- Fantastic benefits: 27 days paid time-off, full health insurance (medical, dental, and vision), retirement contributions, paid parental leave, and more!
- Transparent culture (check out our team wiki)
We support workplace diversity and do not discriminate on any protected class. We believe when we work together as a team of different views, experiences, and ideas, we can build amazing things.
Apply now and work remotely at SkyVerge
React Front End Engineer
We are looking for an experienced front-end engineer who knows their way around React to help us develop an online platform (we’d need your help with the web side of things). We’re a small (less than 10 people) engineering team distributed around the US & Europe, with an office in San Francisco. We iterate quickly, ship every day, build for the long term, and are looking for smart, independent engineers who want to ply their trade with like-minded people.
- You’ll join at an early stage of the company, so you can take something from 0 to 1
- We’re a supportive team who will give you as much assistance or independence as you like
We have an office in San Francisco, but most of your engineering teammates work remotely from around the world. Pre-existing remote work experience would be a big plus. If you’d like to work remotely, please note that we’re only able to consider applicants based in the US, UK or Europe at this time.
Archipelago is a start-up working to revolutionize how risk is insured. Our founders are tech & finance entrepreneurs with several IPOs and acquisitions under their belts. We are headquartered in San Francisco, have raised several million in seed money to date, and currently employ over a dozen people across the US & Europe.
Apply now and work remotely at ArchipelagoApply