As part of the development team at Wunderdogs you’ll be responsible for bringing our designers ideas to life. You’ll be involved in the build of a range of exciting websites and applications, working closely with our creative team to craft user-friendly experiences.
We’re looking for a forward thinking developer ready to use their skills to help our rapidly growing agency stay ahead of the curve. An interest in latest development trends vital as you’ll will also be responsible for identifying and implementing new technologies.
- A problem solver who enjoys working on a variety of creative projects with a proven track record of delivering outstanding results for clients.
- A rapid learner and able to understand complex technologies and new products at speed.
With your coding skills and web development knowledge you will help us with the front-end and back-end development of content-oriented websites and applications. You will work with existing plugins, and build custom solutions for mostly WordPress-driven websites.
- Designing and implementing new features and functionality
- Establishing and guiding website architecture
- Ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS
- Helping formulate an effective, responsive design and turning it into a working theme and plugin
- Meeting with the team to discuss website design and function
- Designing and managing the website back-end including database and server integration
- Troubleshooting website issues
- Integrating third-party plugins and solutions
- Improving front-end, back-end code for a seamless cross-device experience
You are adept at developing websites and applications and have gained experience through personal projects and previous positions.
We are looking for candidates with the following:
- 4+ years experience working in web development
- Experience in building websites using WordPress
- Experience with WooCommerce and related plugin environments
- Knowledge of WordPress page builders Divi or Elementor
- Knowledge of code versioning tools including Git, Mercurial, and SVN.
- Experience working with debugging tools such as Chrome Inspector and Firebug.
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Strong understanding of PHP
- You are familiar with SEO optimisation
- Site speed and performance optimization: Optimizing the performance of code and websites for loading speed improvements and continuously crushing PageSpeed Insights scores.
- Bridging the gap between graphic design and technical implementation
- Good understanding of website architecture and aesthetics.
- Server maintenance and administration: Ensuring websites and servers are kept up-to-date and are regularly backed up.
- Experience with caching plugins and speed optimization in a WordPress context
- Experience designing and developing mobile sites
- Based in Eastern Standard Time location (GMT-5)
- Fluent English
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Self-motivation and able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Sharp attention to detail within a fast-paced work environment
- An interest in experimenting with new web technologies and methods
Nice to have, but not essential:
- Experience working remotely for significant periods of time
- Experience with Shopify and Webflow
- Experience in building custom plugins, applications for WordPress
Diverse team (team members are based in San Francisco, Seattle, Sao-Paolo, Moscow, London, Edinburgh)
Interesting projects from all over the globe
Fully remote (travelling is encouraged when allowed)
Highly cooperative team that encourages professional growth and self-development
Salary is commensurate with experience and market rate at candidate's location
Apply now and work remotely at Wunderdogs
Front End Developer
Who are we
SuprNation is a technology company founded in 2015 to serve as a home for some of the most competent and creative people in the iGaming industry. Our first product was launched in the summer of 2016, a casino determined to deliver a better user and gaming experience than what is currently available. It’s about time for someone to come along and shake up this industry. SuprNation plans to be that someone.
Our tech stack
- Scala, Java
- GCP, K8s
We are looking for a Front End Developer to join us in designing, developing and maintaining premium web experiences for our consumers. You are a forward-thinking individual who enjoys taking initiative and diving deep into emerging technologies. You thrive on challenging yourself daily and seek to surround yourself with like-minded individuals. Then this is the job for you!
- Develop new cool user-facing features
- Collaborate closely with back-end and front-end engineers to develop new and maintain existing systems
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent is an asset
- Experienced with mobile web development
- Experience in delivering high value, heavy UI front-end products
- Experience using Typescript
- Experience with RxJS Observable patterns is considered an asset
- Experience with front-end frameworks such as Angular and React
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Excellent communication skills
- Lab days - Bi-weekly, employees has a whole day to investigate any technology, topic and concepts which they are interested in to ensure there is no technical debt
- Personal setup - We believe that developers are craftsmen and should pick their equipment and tools; this includes mobile, laptop, monitor etc.
- Vacation days, sick days and national holidays - We do not differentiate between remote or on-site employees, and we believe they should have equal benefits
- Flexible timing
- Relocation opportunities
Apply now and work remotely at SuprNation
Senior Frontend Engineer React
At Close, we're building the sales communication platform of the future. With our roots as the very first sales CRM to include built-in calling, we're leading the industry toward eliminating manual processes and helping companies to close more deals (faster). Since our founding in 2013, we've grown to become a profitable, 100% globally distributed team of 43 high-performing, happy people that are dedicated to building a product our customers love.
We care about performance (e.g. route-based code splitting), maintainability, and testability of our frontend code. We sweat the UI/UX details and work collaboratively with the Product team throughout the design process. This means diving into lo-fi Freehand wireframes, and communicating continuously when those ideas are brought to life using Figma and code.
Our frontend app is built on top of our REST API & GraphQL endpoints. Our backend tech stack consists of Python/Flask, MongoDB, Postgres, Elasticsearch, and Redis. We run our services in Docker on AWS.
We ❤️ open source – using dozens of open source projects with contributions to many of them, and released some of our own like react-custom-scroller, use-infinite-scroll, use-abortable-effect, backbone-testing-library, smart-tooltip-delay, Microphone Recorder to Mp3, filevalidator.js, addresscompiler, backbone.mousetrap, and more at https://github.com/closeio.
We're looking for an experienced full-time (or part-time) Frontend Software Engineer to join our engineering team. Someone who has a solid understanding of web technologies and wants to help design, implement, and launch major user-facing features.
You should have significant experience designing, debugging, and optimizing frontend applications to make them fast and reliable. You have significant experience with REST APIs and thoroughly understand HTTP requests. You have experience participating in code reviews and providing overall code quality suggestions to help maintain the structure and quality of the codebase.
You should have great product sense and be able to think through user experience issues before diving into the code, and you exhibit a love for great UI.
You’re comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with a small and talented team where you're supported in your efforts to grow professionally. You are able to manage your time well, communicate effectively and collaborate in a fully distributed team.
You are located in an American or European time zone.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience implementing real-time (e.g. websockets, polling, etc.) web apps
- Experience working with GraphQL endpoints
- An eye for design and experience with Figma, Sketch, Abstract, Photoshop, or similar
- Led small project teams building and launching features
- Contributed open source code (core or plugins) for a popular frontend framework such as React, Vue, or Angular
- Built B2B SaaS products
- Experience with sales or sales tools
Come help us with projects like:
- Conceiving, designing, building, and launching new user-facing features
- Working with Twilio's API, WebSockets, and WebRTC to improve our calling features
- Building user-facing analytics features that provide actionable insights based on sales activity data
- Improving real-time collaboration user experience
- Expanding our frontend GraphQL usage
- Extending our React component library
Why work with us?
- Culture Video💚
- 100% remote-first company (we believe in trust and autonomy)
- 2 x annual team retreats ✈️ (Lisbon Retreat Video) - when travel is appropriate
- 4 x quarterly virtual summits
- 7 weeks PTO (includes company-wide winter holiday break)
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 5 years
- $200/month coworking stipend
- Revenue Share (after 1 year)
- Paid parental leave (10 wks primary caregiver / 4 wks secondary caregiver)
- 99% premiums paid for excellent medical and dental coverage, including an HSA option (US residents)
- 401k matching at 6% (US residents)
- Dependent care FSA (US residents)
- Our story and team🚀
We are a small team doing great things - every role is critical to the success of this company. People that are most successful at Close have a resourceful, “doer” approach and mentality. We focus on productivity, impact and quality of work. We’re looking for team members that genuinely understand the nature of being part of a small team that operates in a bootstrapped / start-up-like environment.
At Close, everyone has a voice. We encourage transparency and practicing a mature approach to the work-place. In general, we don’t have strict policies, we have guidelines. Life-work harmony is an important part of our organization - we believe you bring your best to work when you practice self-care (whatever that looks like for you).
We come from 12 countries and 16 states; a collection of talented humans rich in diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and cultures. Twice a year we meet up somewhere around the world to spend time with one another (however we’re opting for quarterly virtual summits during 2020/2021). We see these retreats as an opportunity to strengthen the social fiber of our community. This team is growing in more ways than one - we’ve recently launched 14 babies (and counting!).
Unanimously, our favorite and most impactful value is “Build a house you want to live in.” We strive to make decisions that are authentic for our organization. At Close, we have a high care factor for one another, in making an awesome product and championing the success of our customers.
Apply now and work remotely at CloseApply
- 💡 4-6 Years of Experience
- 🗺 Anywhere in the Americas
- 🏖️ Flexible Hours and Vacation
- 💸 $350 Receive a Referral Bonus
- 🔑 Work Directly with the Founder
- ⚕️ Health Insurance Reimbursement
- 📛 Conferences and Learning Opportunities
Get Paid: If you recommend this job to the person that gets hired, we will give you a $350 referral bonus! How will we contact you about giving you your bonus? Tell your referral to list your name and/or email in the “How did you hear about this job?” question. Once they’re hired, we’ll make sure you get paid.
Netalico is hiring a Frontend Developer to work directly with its founder. This is a new position with a fun, fully remote team that offers the opportunity to work with a variety of e-commerce stores and make an impact on their business.
Netalico is a hands-on, merchant-focused e-commerce development agency. The team mostly works with Magento, Shopify, and Bigcommerce clients to build, maintain, optimize, and grow their online stores through smart, scalable code. They’re people and partners, not just another vendor.
Netalico started about ten years ago when Mark, the founder, was a freelance web developer. Over time, his team grew and they became e-commerce focused. Today, they have retainers with 25 companies, some of which have been clients for the past nine years. The team loves working with long-term clients because of the opportunity to build long-term relationships. They’re invested in writing quality code and love growing with their clients as they help bring them success. Get to know the team a little bit more here!
There are eight of us, all based within the Americas. Everyone works independently and there’s no micromanagement. We communicate daily on Slack, which is our virtual watercooler and we have lots of fun staying in touch. We have virtual company lunches where everyone will order their own lunch through ‘Uber Eats’ and we’ll play some games on Jackbox. Even though we’re all apart, we try to stay connected and keep things fun! We use Asana to manage our work.
The business has been doing well and growing over the last few years. Our Shopify clients have increased and we want to build out the resources and capabilities our company has to better serve those clients. This is a new position to help scale that part of the company. That is why we are in need of a Frontend Developer to work directly with Mark, the founder.
Each day, there’ll be a mixed bag of tasks and various projects. Some projects are small while there’ll be longer, ongoing projects. There are plenty of interesting e-commerce stores to work with and interesting problems to be solved. The project managers will be communicating with the clients for you and handle the organization of the tasks to help keep everything straightforward and focused. One of the most important skills is attention to detail in matching the designs and testing on multiple devices and resolutions.
- At least 4-6 years of experience in professional development
- Experience with converting designs to actual code
- Strong preference for someone who has worked with Shopify
A background in agencies or e-commerce is a perk.
Experience with Shopify is not essential but it will definitely help. We’re most interested in someone who is an excellent frontend dev and can write great code.
Are you in?
Are you ready to work with Mark and build this part of the company? We want to hear from you!
Netalico asks respectfully to only apply through the application form and do not email/apply directly to Netalico. Any applications sent directly to Netalico will not be considered. Recruiters and Agencies please do not contact Netalico directly.
Apply now and work remotely at Netalico