senior DevOps Engineer
We are looking for a remote senior DevOps Engineer who can work long-term and on a regular basis on several backend projects. Your responsibilities will include supporting the team in building cool mobile applications, maintaining and orchestrating the video applications (serverside), serverless applications and legacy standalone servers. Furthermore securing servers and services and responding to support requests coming from application users (B2B) and the incident management system.
Please only get in touch if you have true intentions and no side business.
We offer a high level of autonomy and are looking for long-term collaboration in a collegial working atmosphere. Further development will be welcomed and encouraged.
Skills and Requirements in short:
available long-term and full-time with no side-business
Devops Engineer with
System Administration Skills (Linux)
AWS, Google Cloud
Nice to have:
knowledge in video encoding and web players etc.
Apply now and work remotely at It Agency (swiss)Apply
Full Stack Ruby on Rails Engineer
Blue Sky eLearn is hiring a fully remote Ruby on Rails Full Stack Engineer for our Path LMS team to help build and scale our Learning Management System. You’ll be joining the team as a talented Ruby/Rails developer who has experience with all layers of the dev stack. You have mastered all aspects, from front-end user interactions through to back-end server data management. You’re comfortable with Agile and Lean Methodologies, continuous delivery, code reviews, TDD/BDD, and pair programming.
You’ll be part of a talented core team of developers to deploy and scale the latest technologies and services on our state-of-the-art platform. You will join a highly motivated team working on building the world’s best learning platform in a hot industry. Your focus on the team will be working directly with the product manager, stakeholders, and other team members to design, implement and test new features and UX improvements on a regular basis.
This is a 100% remote, full-time salaried position averaging 40 hours per week. Candidates must be located in the United States.
- Contribute in all phases of the software development lifecycle, including but not limited to participating in DevOps tasks, design reviews, writing stories, coding modules, code reviews, unit testing and automated rspec testing
- Follow best practices including but not limited to test-driven development, continuous integration, SCRUM, refactoring and code standards
- Contribute to the collective knowledge of the team by educating and mentoring other engineers.
- Time management and problem-solving skills. Collaborate effectively with software engineers, project managers, designers and external teams in an agile environment.
- Participate in project scoping and planning, including shaping and estimating of project tasks.
- 5+ years of software development experience, preferably web and API development
- At least 2+ years of experience building Ruby/Ruby on Rails, customer-facing applications
- Knowledge of software best practices, including continuous integration and TDD / BDD using Rspec/Capybara (or similar)
- Experience with Git and a branch/pull-request flow. Familiarity with deployments on Heroku/Amazon Web Services (or similar)
- Experience working with, or an interest in Agile Methodologies and Scrum
- Experience working with Sidekiq
- Experience with Heroku
- Experience building and maintaining RESTful APIs
##Our Product Team's Values
- We communicate frequently and effectively
- We are levelheaded and compassionate
- We value diversity
- We are passionate about our work
- We maintain a healthy balance between work and life
##About Our Product
Path LMS is an award-winning and powerful learning management platform that helps associations, corporations, and agencies provide high quality online education to their members. Millions of professionals, including school administrators, lawyers, physicians, and construction contractors, have been educated through courses powered by Path LMS.
As more and more organizations have needed to utilize online education in response to the current global pandemic, the use of our online learning management system has increased dramatically. So, too, have the demands on our app’s scalability, functionality, and usability.
##About Our Hiring Process
After reviewing resumes and having a brief screening call, chosen applicants will be asked to complete a small code challenge and schedule an interview with a member of our engineering team. During the interview, we ask that you walk us through your solution to the code challenge. This is an opportunity to share with us your thought process and how you developed your solution. One-two additional interviews will be scheduled so you can meet our additional members of the team including our Product Manager and Chief Technology Officer.
Interviews are designed so we can get to know you, understand your background and experience, and answer any questions you may have. There will be no gotchas, whiteboard sessions, logic problems, trick questions, or on-the-spot technical challenges. Interviews are conducted via Zoom and we kindly ask for your permission to record them so our entire team has an opportunity to get to know you.
##Benefits & Perks
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Paid long term disability and life and AD&D insurance
- Paid vacation, sick, bereavement, volunteer and family leave
- Paid company holidays
- 401(k) program
- Remote work
- Annual professional development reimbursement
Apply now and work remotely at Blue Sky eLearn