We are a mature profitable company with a SAAS product used by 100s of ecommerce companies worldwide and impact 100M’s of users monthly.
The company product includes product recommendations, triggered emails, content personalization and visitor segmentation and targeting.
We will teach you everything you need to know about the system but you are expected to work independently and be self motivated. Eventually we expect you to become an expert in the system and be responsible for future development.
In the long run you will also learn the system architecture including load balancing, security, routing, provisioning etc.. and will be partially responsible for keeping it running when other people responsible are not around.
You will work with the Developer/CTO who developed it from scratch.
Apply now and work remotely at BarillianceApply
Senior Node JS Developer
About the Job
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help build and operate the next generation streaming platform for the German market. Together with your team you are building message driven microservices in Node.js that communicate through Kafka and run on Docker in AWS. In the Users and Monetization team we build a service with a 99.99% Availability (100ms latency for 95th percentile) in a multi-region setup using Cassandra with zero downtime deployments to give our customers the best user experience for a future multi-million user base. The responsibility of our service is to provide authentication (direct or third party OAuth2/SSO), authorisation, subscription and payment management with the payment providers.
What you tell people at parties
"My services run in a large-scale cloud environment, making sure you can enjoy live streaming and video on demand in the Joyn app on any device, anywhere"
What you do
- Work in a team of passionate and talented engineers that self-organise and continuously deliver value by embracing a lean and agile mindset.
- Build the next generation streaming platform and provide services around user identity, asset management, subscriptions and payments, fraud, analytics, etc. in Node.js.
- Engineering is craftsmanship and you enjoy applying good engineering practises - implement processes, systems and tools to aid and you and your team in the day to day work.
- Participate in technical design and architectural discussions within your team and with other teams solve some real consumer issues
- Deploy your code multiple times a day and take care of running your services in production on AWS without disrupting the service
- learn and succeed in areas you haven’t touched before.
- follow trends in software and streaming tech and turn your learnings into features and improvements that delight our customers
- You learn and succeed in areas you haven’t touched before and you are open to coach each other in the team.
- How you do it
- you enjoy solving difficult technical problems in the team - because 1+1=3
- we value autonomy in the teams and at the same time we like you to take ownership for the products you are building.
- you get a chance to work with Node.js, Kafka, AWS, Docker, you name it.
- your develop code for solving complex business problems, and you find solutions that are simple, beautiful, and sustainable
- we really care about the product and you should keep the consumer in mind when designing your solution together with product
- learn from both success and failure, actively coach and get coached by the team
Why you’ll love working for us
- Competitive remote contract opportunity
- Fast-paced startup with an already strong and healthy user base
- Ability to put your stamp on an innovative product
- Passionate, diverse, and supportive team members
- Open, transparent, and bureaucracy-free company culture
We're fast, well-funded and growing quickly. It's an exciting time to join us!
Apply now and work remotely at Joyn
Software Engineer (Senior or Mid Level)
We are looking for talented and motivated engineers to join our team as a full time employee and hit the ground running to take our products to the next level. Our products help multinational corporations and financial institutions monitor and analyze the risks of their customers, counter-parties, and vendors. We are a company on a mission to bring more transparency and integrity to the international finance system.
You should apply if you:
- Are motivated to solve problems for the team and its customers.
- Value working with a diverse, creative, and thoughtful group of highly-motivated people.
- Work constructively within a distributed team to achieve goals.
- Comfortable working in a startup environment where things can and will change.
More benefits of Sigma:
Informal working environment and fun company culture
Your choice of laptop (anything equivalent to a retina MacBook Pro)
Personal learning budget
Rotation system available in order to facilitate working from our NYC office (or any additional office we open up) once a year.
Apply now and work remotely at Sigma Ratings
Senior Full Stack Engineer
Interview Schedule is changing how teams hire. Our first product streamlines recruiting scheduling and coordination, saving teams hundreds of hours a month. We’re just getting started on, and have our sights set on making hiring a great experience for recruiters, hiring managers, and candidates. We’re building the platform to engage these key stakeholders and fix the $200 billion per year hiring industry.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a small and fast-growing startup, transforming an industry with powerful and easy to use products customers love. As an early employee you'll have tons of ownership, a big impact on product, a say in our values, and opportunities to tremendously accelerate your career growth.
We're building a remote team and looking for the best individuals - no matter where you are. All we require is a reliable internet connection and passion for building an amazing company.
What We’re Looking For
Generalist is too specific a term for you. Back end, front end, database design, infra - you've done it all. Building products end to end is where you shine - you don't like being constrained by titles. You can code the full stack and have built products end to end. You’re comfortable building web apps. If you don't know something, you learn what's needed to get the job done. You want to build something people want. You're product minded and have user empathy.
What We Value
At Interview Schedule we believe in ownership and accountability, challenging the status quo, nothing is “not my job”, having empathy, being direct, and being honest.
As engineers we believe in picking the right tool for the job, balancing technical excellence with pragmatism, having strong opinions weakly held, and attacking ideas not people.
What We Offer
- Autonomy, impact, and ownership. As an early employee you’ll shape the product direction and company values.
- Competitive salary and significant equity in a fast growing, early stage startup.
- Remote employment - work where you want, when you want.
- Generous vacation policy - take time whenever you need to recharge. Building a lasting company is a marathon, not a sprint.
- Top-notch healthcare, dental, and vision coverage.
- Life and disability insurance.
- Annual company retreat - helps build camaraderie as a remote team.
- Computer and home office setup - we'll buy anything you need to do your best work.
- Continuing education allowance - learn what you want, when you want.
Apply now and work remotely at Interview Schedule