Full-Stack Node.js Developer
Wonder.shop is a Polish e-commerce company that is driven by technology and data. Their goal is to create the biggest and most inspiring home interior e-commerce platform. They will beat Amazon at customer service and customer experience by providing the fastest and most inspirational way to discover items and solutions that will make any place feel like home. Their team members are distributed across the globe as great talents exist everywhere and they do not believe in limiting opportunities. They understand the success of a business depends not only on the success of its customers: but also its team members.
We are looking for a very experienced and passionate full-stack developer with some years of commercial experience to join our remote development team to build the world’s most inspiring home interior e-commerce platform.
They’re growing fast and that’s exactly why we’re looking for an experienced developer to join their awesome team. They work remotely across the globe from anywhere with internet access.
Become part of the wonder.shop team as a Full-Stack node.js Developer if you want an MVP-focused and multicultural environment.
You want to code state-of-the-art in an output-driven, structured work environment?
You like to contribute your ideas to an innovative product with lots of challenges?
Then you’re the perfect person to join their team!
- vue.js / nuxt.js
- MariaDB / MySQL
- git (Bitbucket)
- Learn from one of the best developers in the industry
- Personal and professional growth opportunities
- Work with high-profile customers and high-growth startups
- Flexi-schedule (as long as deadlines and meetings are met)
- Geographically distributed team
- Fully remote work
- Competitive Salary
Apply now and work remotely at Wonder
Senior Remote Node.js + React Engineer
Senior Node.js + React Developer
HigherEducation partners with many of the most recognizable names in the online education industry to help them build their programs and expand student bases. We have 75M annual site visitors and are very good at what we do. We also love to use cutting edge technologies to make developer life enjoyable and more productive.
What kind of stuff do we do?
This past year, we drastically improved the performance and architecture of our React + Node + Docker apps as our application traffic tripled. Some highlights were features like:
- Breaking some larger services into smaller, lightning-fast apps that are fun to work on
- Implementing a newer, shinier, A/B testing platform that allows us to run experiments both server and client side
- Cutting 50-80% off of our response times
- Next year, who knows just how high we can fly!
We're looking for more on-site (Houston) or remote (anywhere in the US) engineers to join the team to help us hit these goals and keep making use of the great new tech that is emerging every year.
Pay is competitive, benefits are great (e.g. 6% 401k matching), the team is tons of fun, and a great work/life balance truly makes you enjoy the time spent on the job.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A full stack mentality - you're equally happy in React apps as you are working on the API and cache layer. Some projects you'll be doing both, sometimes just one, sometimes just the other.
- Meaningful experience with React apps - you're a senior - you've done it, you have opinions, lessons learned and perhaps some horror stories
- Meaningful experience with building Node.js API's - you can spin up an API complete with DB and auth with no hand-holding. You also know how to improve performance when requests get slow.
- Essentially, you love to be involved with the whole stack minus Ops and aren't afraid to take on new and challenging areas, whether it's performance and scaling, DevOps, or in-depth CSS optimization.
Bonus points go to the contestants displaying:
- Experience working with new CSS features like Custom properties and CSS Grid
- Production experience with building and consuming GraphQL API's
- Strong knowledge of Docker (we deploy everything via Docker)
- AWS – specifically EC2, RDS, Elasticache, Lambda, VPC
- Experience with Docker CI workflows using hosted or on-prem CI platforms such as CircleCI, Codeship, DroneCI, Jenkins, etc
- DNS, load balancing, failover & scaling strategies
- Having the right emoji and gif for every situation
Benefits & Perks:
- The short of it: we want you to be really glad that you work here and laugh when recruiters email you opportunities elsewhere
- 6% 401k matching
- 100% health / vision / dental for you & partial subsidies for the rest of your family
- 15 vacation & sick days / yr. + many U.S. & company holidays
- Flexible hours - getting the work done and communicating well is what matters most
- Gym membership reimbursement up to $100/mo - because those biceps aren't going to grow themselves
- You get to work with Evan. Believe me, we all appreciate this.
Apply now and work remotely at HigherEducation
Happy Cog is looking for a skilled Node.js backend developer for a part time contract position to start immediately. This contract position will stretch to the end of the year with a possible extension and will be 30-35 hours per week. We’re a growing international, interactive agency of 50 people based in Manhattan, New York with great clients (like Google, Airbnb, Twelve South, Etsy, The Associated Press, New York City, St. Regis, Columbia University, and WPP). We're growing quickly in Europe and are looking for assistance on some projects. We are OK with remote English speaking contractors anywhere in the world, with preference to someone in Europe.
In general we would like someone who loves keeping up-to-date on the newest advancements in the field and can figure out when to start applying those advancements to client work. You should have deep Node.js experience, strong Typescript experience, and strong GraphQL with Apollo experience. Experience with PostgreSQL is a plus.
You'll be treated like a member of the development team, working closely with our Head of Development of Europe. You’ll also be communicating directly with the client and with our project managers to understand the requirements and present your work. Your position will be fun, challenging, and interesting.
Apply now and work remotely at Happy CogApply