Senior Frontend Engineer
We are building some really exciting sh*t at x.ai
At x.ai, we're building artificial intelligence super-powered productivity software. The software schedules meetings for our customers automatically. It avoids the typical back and forth over emails and negotiates when and where the meeting is to happen. The software uses state-of-the-art machine learning in our production environment. We're looking for a self-motivated and experienced individual to join us on the journey in building this new frontier. You’ll get to work side by side with a group of focused and passionate individuals in a fully distributed setting.
- Be a main driver and contributor in building, testing, instrumenting for analytics, and deploying user-centric features to production end to end – own and drive the full cycle of building web applications, API and system integrations from system design to deployment
- Take ownership of our technical stack: drive improvements to address system complexity and tech debt, define and champion best practices of software development
- Actively participate in collaborative brainstorming and design, identifying defects or discrepancies in requirements and resolves with appropriate stakeholders
- Leverage your UI/UX experience to advocate, drive and implement user-friendly features
- Collaborate on feature implementation from UI design (using and improving on our style guide) to system implementation, to optimize for usability, execute these features end to end, including testing and monitoring in production
- Be customer obsessed: Identify and build metrics or tools to help us understand customer behavior and work closely with Product to develop new features to drive customer delight
- Able to find the right tool for the job. Quickly evaluate different libraries but not afraid to roll your own stuff
5+ years of relevant experience
Expert in Typescript
Expert in API integrations
Expert in Node.js
Experience in React
Experience in CSS/SCSS
Experience in development tooling like NPM and Gulp, and front-end testing frameworks
Strong written and verbal communication skills
+/- 8 hours from EST
Thrives in a fully remote setting
Intellectually curious, collaborative, self-motivated, fast learner that is comfortable with uncertainties - evolve as needed, flexibility is key!
Apply now and work remotely at x.ai
Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
Who we are
Checkout X is a self-funded startup with a global vision that has achieved market validation and is now getting ready to scale. Our products are used by thousands of stores worldwide and we're responsible for ~€300,000,000 worth of e-commerce transactions annually.
We're building the Ultimate Checkout Solution for e-commerce by focusing on effective Upselling and CRO techniques. By using the power of 🔮 Magic (technology), we provide a better checkout experience for customers and a complete checkout toolkit to merchants.
Our team currently consists of 12 people ( in 6 countries 🌍 ) and the plan is to keep growing fast!
Who we're looking for
We're looking for a Mid/Senior FullStack developer to join our Product Development team.
Our current stack is: Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, Sidekiq, Stimulus, Alpine.js, Tailwind
You need to feel comfortable doing both Backend tasks and also implementing Frontend views with provided designs. We work with lots of external API's, so you need be a quick learner and be able to quickly make your way with unfamiliar documentation.
We currently have tens of millions of records in our DB and thousands of stores that depend on Checkout X to process their sales. So you need to be comfortable to work with a large scale app in which downtime is simply unacceptable.
What is the job about
- 👍 Writing production-ready code.
- 🤜 Designing scalable codebase & architecture
- 👌 Ensure that your code does the right thing. You do business analysis.
- 🤞 Ensure that your code works. You do testing.
- 💪 Be ready to get your hands dirty and refactor 💩.
- 😴 Arrange your time to suit you. Do your job, 'when' is up to you.
- 🌴 ️ Work anywhere you like
- 🖥 Co-working space, if you want one.
- ✈️ Two team retreats per year
- 🤑 Competitive Salary
- 💰 Company shares
What is required
- 🙊 Fluent English ( our team is international )
- 🤓 Extensive experience in Ruby on Rails.
- 👻 No fear of HTML/CSS.
- 🕛 Availability in standard CET working hours
- 😇 Don't be an asshole. Beyond that, you do you.
It's also appreciated if you are:
- 🦄 Proactive
- 😹 Funny
- 📑 Organised
- 🌊 Easy-going
Apply now and work remotely at Checkout X
React JS Front-end Engineer (Fortnite)
OP.GG is looking to incorporate an experienced Front-end Engineer to work on the development of the Fortnite site within the OP.GG platform for gamers around the world. You will participate in the full development lifecycle, including the research of new trends and website features, Debugging, correcting, and updating errors in the front-end systems on our Fortnite page.
Please apply if you are this type of individual:
- You think that the current website fortnite.op.gg is not good enough and should be improved to better serve the ever-growing Fortnite player base. You are always analyzing from both the developer and the gamer’s point of view.
- You are always thinking about new ideas of features, and you think you have confidence to DEFINITELY improve the current op.gg platform.
- You can have the big confidence and passion to develop a website with content about games you care about and are playing.
- Must have 5+ years of experience using React and/or Vue.JS
- Experience developing user interfaces utilizing modern front-end frameworks and libraries
- Must have experience or knowledge in web design
- Ability to work within deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to collaborate effectively and work as part of a team while working independently in a remote work environment
- Must be a user of OP.GG
- Must have a portfolio
- Must love and enjoy playing Fortnite, and stay up to date with all new patches in Fortnite to provide useful information for the Fortnite players using op.gg
Nice to haves
- Experience with full-stack development
- Experience or skills of Next.js, es6, redux, Vuex, Nuxt.js, scss, styled-components, emotion, node.js, SEO
- Knowledge of the game industry and esports
- Experience working in a remote setting
If you feel you are a qualified candidate and want to join us, please submit your cover letter, resume, and portfolio. We will contact you through email.
Apply now and work remotely at OP.GG