Rainforest QA is an on-demand QA solution. It’s our mission to enable development teams to deliver bug-free software while moving at the speed of continuous delivery. We are truly a global team, allowing us to bring together the best and most diverse talent. Our commitment to the distributed team model and to our company values has earned us multiple culture and workplace awards and helped us build a diverse team of individuals working toward the same goal: change the way QA is done.
Senior Engineer (Frontend)
As a Senior Engineer at Rainforest QA you'll be part of an experienced and diverse team with members all over the world.
We were built as a distributed team from the beginning and we've committed to implementing tools and processes that allow for and support continuous and effective communication across the world.
What you'll do
- Work on the Rainforest QA dashboard, our single page application where users manage their test suite, configure test runs, review results and set up their account
- Work on our tester application, where our crowd of testers connect to our virtual machine infrastructure to conduct tests and submit their results
- Work on internal tooling to improve the development experience of other engineers and ship faster and safer
- Collaborate with product managers and our customer facing teams to analyze customer problems and design high impact features
- Lead projects to implement those features
- Help other team members to achieve their goals
- Continuously learn about new technologies and ways to solve problems
- Work with our customer facing teams to triage, troubleshoot, and fix bugs
- Write unit and integration tests (using our own product!) to ship high quality software
What we’re looking for
- Extensive experience in React (or equivalent framework / libraries) and be extremely knowledgeable of the framework and associated ecosystem
- Experience in writing and maintaining CSS for large projects
- Enthusiasm with building web applications using modern tools like ES7, React, Redux, CSS Modules, Flow, and Webpack - amongst others
- Practical experience of working on a Ruby on Rails codebase
- Even though this position is mainly frontend focused, we expect you to have some grasp of the whole stack to be able to effectively communicate with engineers across the team, and can make backend or infrastructure changes when the situation calls for it
- Professional experience in engineering SaaS products
- Experience leading projects with teams
- An ownership mindset: you should look not only at what you’re asked to do, but ask why you’re doing it and how it impacts on the rest of the product, our customers, and whether it makes sense. We expect you to be responsible for your work and to resolve any bugs you might ship
- Excitement to learn
- Excellent communication skills and able to give and receive constructive feedback
- Happy to review code and have your code reviewed
- Can work effectively remotely with remote team members (we are a fully distributed company)
- Comfortable working in a large codebase with many stakeholders
Identify with our company values
- No BS, No Ego: We are radically candid with each other in every interaction. This means a lack of politics, a lack of showboating, a lack of BS. This also means brevity, clarity of thought, and clarity of communication. We give and take feedback without ego, with the knowledge that we all are operating with good intent. No ego is the check system to balance no BS and keep it kind. No ad-hominem attacks.
- 1% better every day: Continuous improvement is what motivates us. We design our product, our organization and our careers to be continually improving. Mistakes are only bad if they are repeated. Experiments are only wasted if they are not learned from.
- Own the journey: We are all owners. We demand that of each other. The journey we own is threefold: our customers’ journey, our company’s journey and our personal journey. Our reason for existence is to nail our customer journey, so that we can scale our company’s success.
How we'll reward you
- Flexible, remote work options
- Competitive salary with equity.
- A locally-adjusted weekly allowance for lunches.
- A locally-adjusted monthly allowance for remote office supplies or personal development.
- Unlimited paid-time off.
- 3 offsites per year: every ~4 months we arrange an offsite for the whole company to get together so we can get to know our colleagues better and understand what we need to do. The location is ever changing, so you will get to see some new places! (currently on-hold due to COVID-19)
United States Residents Only:
- 100% medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage. 75% for dependents.
- Voluntary 401k program.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At Rainforest QA we believe that diverse teams improve our business. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply now and work remotely at Rainforest QA
Full Stack Developer
Remote Senior Frontend Developer for Likvido (VueJS/Vuex/Webpack/Sass)
Hello there! Are you ready for a really ambitious position as a senior frontend developer?
And yes, the role is fully remote, so you can do your job wherever you want; from the beach, the pyramids, even from the moon if you like (well, of course you need to have an internet connection).
Likvido is a (very) fast-growing startup. We are around 60 employees now, and we are aiming for a series A funding to realize our huuuuge ambitions for the coming years.
We are now looking for a Senior Frontend Developer that can bring our visuals, UI/UX and frontend stack to the next level.
Let’s be polite and introduce ourselves first - so who are we and what are we doing?
Let's face it: accounting sucks. Entering data into a stupid system? Sending invoices? Trying to get the last decimals to match so your auditor doesn’t scream at you?
We would prefer spending time with family or friends. The same goes for our customers.
At Likvido we are automating accounting for our customers. We do this by having a super awesome product that helps you:
- Send “smart invoices” that reconcile themselves
- Send automatic reminders for invoices that go unpaid
- Pay your bills in Likvido so you don’t have to go to your bank (and the bills of course reconcile themselves)
- Automatically scan all your receipts and bills so you don’t have to enter data again
- Get paid if an invoice has not been paid on time through our debt collection system
If you really hate accounting, we also have an accountant service where our accountants take care of everything for a small price.
So to summarize what Likvido is doing:
We are letting you focus on what matters, instead of spending time on boring administrative work.
Our main application is a web application, where our customers can interact with the product. This web application consists of a VueJS frontend and an API - using the Backend For Frontend (BFF) approach. This means we are evolving the frontend and API in a symbiosis, where the API requests are tailored to the exact use-cases of the frontend. The styling of the frontend is a custommade look built with Sass and designed by our in-house UX/UI designer in cooperation with Studio Skulptur: https://www.studioskulptur.com/likvido.
We use StoryBook to keep track of our Vue components. We are generally very open to adopting new technologies, whenever they provide some nice improvements over our current stack. One of the next steps we are considering is to upgrade from Vue 2 to Vue 3 as well as switching to TypeScript - but we need your input as well here!
You will join our current team, consisting of 9 colleagues, both frontend and full stack developers, plus a product team with UX/UI designers and product managers.
Being a Senior Frontend Developer at Likvido, your job is to build awesome products. We want to “wow” our customers.
Day-to-day that means you will:
- Be responsible for the frontend technical stack in the solution in cooperation with the current team
- Make sure we continue building and improving our “nice and reusable” UI components
- Help push forward our platform and codebase, to make sure it is easy to maintain and performs well
You will participate in the development process, just like your colleagues do, which means maintaining the current codebase, adding new features, doing code reviews etc. We are moving towards forming small autonomous teams, with a very high level of ownership and influence over the product and the technologies. This environment provides a lot of freedom for the teams to take control over their work, and let their creativity unfold.
We are looking for someone who can say “YES!” to the following:
- I am a senior frontend developer with 5+ years of experience
- I am up-to-date on the latest JS & CSS specs and know best practices around modern state management (like Redux, Vuex). This is important because we always strive to leverage the new technologies that make our lives easier.
- I know how to set up a modern stack that makes use of client-side routing and offers all the things you’d expect from a modern SPA, such as offline-support, service workers, push notifications, etc.
- Bonus: Experience writing unit tests as we want to cover the most critical areas with good tests, and we are already very far here
So without further ado: If you consider yourself a top frontend developer, and feel like having a very ambitious role is the next step in your career - APPLY!
- You will work 100% remote along with our existing team
- We work within CET office hours but are flexible to accommodate other schedules
- We pay a good salary
- We expect you to be fluent in English
- The position is full-time
- You manager will be operating from Denmark
Apply now and work remotely at LikvidoApply
Senior Staff Engineer
Shopify is the leading omni-channel commerce platform. Merchants use Shopify to design, set up, and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including mobile, web, social media, marketplaces, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. The platform also provides merchants with a powerful back-office and a single view of their business, from payments to shipping. The Shopify platform was engineered for reliability and scale, making enterprise-level technology available to businesses of all sizes.
Our Data Platform Engineering group builds and maintains the platform that delivers accessible data to power decision-making at Shopify for over a million merchants. We’re hiring high-impact developers across teams:
- The Engine group organizes all merchant and Shopify data into our data lake in highly-optimized formats for fast query processing, and maintaining the security + quality of our datasets.
- The Analytics group builds products that leverage the Engine primitives to deliver simple and useful products that power scalable transformation of data at Shopify in batch, or streaming, or for machine learning. This group is focused on making it really simple for our users to answer three questions: What happened in the past? What is happening now? And, what will happen in the future?
- The Data Experiences group builds end-user experiences for experimentation, data discovery, and business intelligence reporting.
- The Reliability group operates the data platform efficiently in a consistent and reliable manner. They build tools for other teams at Data Platform to leverage to encourage consistency and they champion reliability across the platform.
While our teams value specialized skills, they've also got a lot in common. We're looking for a(n):
- High-energy self-starter with experience and passion for data and big data scale processing. You enjoy working in fast-paced environments and love making an impact.
- Exceptional communicator with the ability to translate technical concepts into easy to understand language for our stakeholders.
- Excitement for working with a remote team; you value collaborating on problems, asking questions, delivering feedback, and supporting others in their goals whether they are in your vicinity or entire cities apart.
- Solid software engineer: experienced in building and maintaining systems at scale.
A Senior Data Developer at Shopify typically has 4-6 years of experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Working with the internals of a distributed compute engine (Spark, Presto, DBT, or Flink/Beam)
- Query optimization, resource allocation and management, and data lake performance (Presto, SQL)
- Cloud infrastructure (Google Cloud, Kubernetes, Terraform)
- Security products and methods (Apache Ranger, Apache Knox, OAuth, IAM, Kerberos)
- Deploying and scaling ML solutions using open-source frameworks (MLFlow, TFX, H2O, etc.)
- Building full-stack applications (Ruby/Rails, React, TypeScript)
- Background and practical experience in statistics and/or computational mathematics (Bayesian and Frequentist approaches, NumPy, PyMC3, etc.)
- Modern Big-Data storage technologies (Iceberg, Hudi, Delta)
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Apply now and work remotely at ShopifyApply