Senior Node.js Developer
What you will do
- As a member of the Game Services team for Star Citizen, you will be responsible for building the online MMO backend services & related tools, acting on both the server and game-client side. The team is based in Montreal but operates mostly online with studios located in the US and the UK.
Your main objectives will be to:
- Design service APIs to power game features by working closely with Game Designers.
- Develop scalable online macroservices in a large meshed service ecosystem
- Program in tandem with Gameplay Developers to enable the game client
- Take ownership of game features in the MMO architecture from inception to deployment and operation.
- You will work in the following stacks:
- Communications with gRPC & Protobuf
- Gameplay services under Node.JS with Typescript
- High throughput services with C++ and gRPC
- C++ Game Client (StarEngine) communications with gRPC
- Distributed message queues (Kafka)
- Deployment with Kubernetes, Docker, and Linkerd2
You’re Savvy in
- Communicating efficiently with people and translating technical jargon
- Adapting to various contexts, sometimes shifting priorities
- Managing your schedule to ensure productivity and efficiency in projects
- Showing autonomy, being thorough and curious about new technologies
- Getting things done, sharing good practices in backend development, contributing to implementing efficient processes
You have Accomplished
- Relevant programming experience or Bachelor in Computer Science
- 4 years+ of experience in backend programming
- 2 years+ of experience in programming with Node.js and experience with TypeScript
- Good understanding of Linux shell, git and build pipelines
- Good understanding of real-time network communication through gRPC, WebSocket
- Knowledge of Event-Sourcing and Domain-Driven Design (DDD)
- Experience with C/C++
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes;* an asset*
- Experience working in a video game studio,* an asset*
You’re Eager to Take On
- Build macroservices in a polyglot environment
- Be part of a fast-iterating development environment
- Estimate the effort to perform specific tasks, commit to delivery deadlines and help the team set and respect production timeline collectively
- Mentor other developers on technologies you have learned to master
- Designing innovative online services by focusing on fault-tolerance, scalability & security
- Understanding the game features in order to provide clean, well defined, and documented service APIs
- Using Cloud Native technologies to guarantee that Star Citizen is built on top of a sustainable ecosystem
- Providing tools and applications to enable LiveOps teams to manage the game.
- Interacting with infrastructure engineers to analyze, inform, review and improve the reliability and scalability of the game’s backend
Salary: 90.000$ CAD
⭐️Visit https://turbulent.ca/ to find out more about our craft and culture!
Turbulent is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or disability.
Apply now and work remotely at Turbulent x Cloud Imperium Games
Full Stack JS Engineer
TrueAccord is a category-defining company. We combine machine learning with a human-based approach to transform debt resolution and to get people on the path towards financial health. Every year, more than 70 million Americans have negative experiences dealing with debt. We are changing this by providing personalized digital experiences that guide lenders and consumers through this challenging financial process.
With a world-class leadership team, passionate team members, and proprietary predictive models trained on years worth of transactional data, TrueAccord is well-positioned to deliver on a huge opportunity: helping millions of consumers to regain and keep their financial footing while lowering the cost of doing business for creditors across many industries.
TrueAccord is expanding its direct-to-consumer product offering to help its 5M+ users pay off debts more painlessly and take control of their financial lives more quickly. By developing a set of unique, responsible financial products, we’ll give consumers the tools they need to emerge from difficult circumstances and thrive for the long-term.
As one of the first engineers on the Financial Services team, your job will be to build and optimize financial products and services to help these consumers succeed. We’ll create unique offerings which meet our customers’ distinct needs, providing thoughtful alternatives to the status quo in credit and lending, banking and saving, and financial education, all which promote financial stability.
You will report to the Director of Engineering, Products and work closely with Product, Design, Operations, and Data Science to build and iterate on innovative ideas to delight our customers while furthering our vision to radically improve our customers financial lives.
We're building the financial services product line from the ground up using modern, industry-leading tools and frameworks, including:
But we're a mature company with a large existing Scala codebase as well, and you may need to interact with that from time to time.
- 5+ years of experience building real-world software solutions
- Experience creating successful products from scratch or as an early team member
- Experience working closely with subject matter experts to bring simplified solutions to complex problems
- The ability to explain nuanced decisions with clarity, and the ability to help others make the same decisions for the future
- Major bonus points for Scala proficiency along with JS
Culture & Benefits
TrueAccord is a distributed company with a major presence in the San Francisco Bay area and Lenexa, KS. We offer a healthy work environment that continuously builds an inclusive and diverse culture where everyone is able to develop the best version of themselves. We are a dynamic group of people who are subject matter experts with a passion for change.
- Unlimited PTO & paid holidays
- Work/life harmony
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- 401K with matching
Our teams are crafting solutions to big problems every day. If you’re looking for an opportunity to do impactful work, join TrueAccord and make a difference.
Our Dedication to Diversity & Inclusion
TrueAccord is an equal opportunity employer. We promote, value, and thrive with a diverse & inclusive team. Different perspectives contribute to better solutions and this makes us stronger every day. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply now and work remotely at TrueAccord
React Native Developer
We know that during this time there are concerns around the actuality of hiring needs, we want to assure you that this job is posted for a need that we are eagerly looking to fill. We would love to see your application! Clevertech is a leading consultancy that is on a mission to build transformational digital solutions for the world’s most innovative organizations. Enterprise companies turn to Clevertech to help them launch innovative digital products that interact with hundreds of millions of customers, transactions, and data points.
What You'll Do
Manage a nimble team of developers and designers to accomplish challenging goals
You’ll partner and interact with senior level management/executives and senior technical teams
Lead client and team meetings to complete sprints and milestones. You will truly own the agile flow.
Use your strong interpersonal and relationship development skills to balance product requirements, manage client expectations, and drive your team to effective results.
You’ll listen deeply to client needs and translate them into clear technical requirements
You’ll travel occasionally, but only for things that really matter.
You will review code and continually push standards higher, every day.
You will code yourself to assess and mitigate the most technically challenging parts of the project
You have experience as the lead on projects with budgets ranging from $1M to $3M
You have consulting experiences with the unique nature of listening deeply to client concerns
You are a mix of product leadership, project leadership including agile kanban boards, and technical architecture leadership
Experience leading cross-functional development teams in building and maintaining custom software solutions
Strong understanding of the agile software development process
Available for 6 hours overlap with EST or CET time zone (9-5)
We know that people do their best work when they’re taken care of. So we make sure to offer great benefits.
Competitive Vacation Package
Annual Financial Allowance for YOUR development
Flexible Family Leave
Clevertech Gives Back Program
Clevertech U (Leadership Program, Habit Building, New Skills Training)
Strong Clevertech Community
How We Work
Are you curious about what it's like to work at Clevertech? Check out our YouTube channel to hear directly from Clevertech developers.
People join Clevertech to make an impact. To grow themselves. To be surrounded by developers who they can learn from. We've found that innovation comes from an exchange of knowledge across all of our teams. To put people on the path for success, we nurture a culture built on trust, collaboration, and personal growth. You will work in small feature-based cross-functional teams and be empowered to take ownership. We make a point of constantly evolving our experience and skills. We value diverse perspectives and fostering personal growth by challenging everyone to push beyond our comfort level and try something new. The result? Meaningful work. Getting Hired
We hire people from a variety of backgrounds who are respectful, collaborative, and introspective. Members of the tech team, for example, come from diverse backgrounds having worked as copy editors, graphic designers, and photographers prior to joining Clevertech. Our hiring process focuses not only on your skills but also on your professional and personal ambitions. We want to get to know you. We put a lot of thought into the interview process in order to get a holistic understanding of you while being mindful of your time. You will solve problems derived from the work we do on a daily basis followed by thoughtful discussions around potential fit. Whatever the outcome, we want you to have a great candidate experience.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Apply now and work remotely at Clevertech