Remote Full-Stack JS Developer
Obby is SaaS-enabled marketplace for the lifelong learning market.
Our software tools help teachers run their teaching businesses better, whilst our marketplace helps people discover amazing skills that they can learn from local experts.
We are firm believers in the importance of learning new things and the positive impact it has on both personal, and professional development and wellbeing.
What we are looking for
We are looking for engineers to join our growing, remote engineering team to help us continue to build a better way of learning, as we look to expand our platform, and launch into more learning categories and geographies.
The team is distributed and we are primarily looking for developers in a GMT timezone to work alongside our 3-man strong remote engineering team.
How we work
The engineering team is made up of Cikito Grande (no one knows his real name) who loves fantasy novels and training his cat to walk on a leash and Vitor “I could have been a professional footballer” Goncalves whose claim to fame is having nutmegged Cristiano Ronaldo as a kid. Our latest addition to the team is "Babyface" Sergio Freitas, who is the most sociable man in Funchal, Madeira.
The product team is led by our co-founder Max, who loves Bayern Munich football club and golf (yes, it is a real sport).
We work remotely across a shared timezone and are focused on building new products from scratch and running a continuous growth process.
We are building a product-focused culture and despite working remotely, try to get together in person regularly to have a good time.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an experienced developer with at least 3+ years of experience and is comfortable with React, Node and MongoDB.
Additionally, we are looking for engineers who are excited about the Obby mission, providing independent teachers with a platform to share their skills and generate an income doing what they love.
🚨Please note: whilst we are a remote team, we are not currently looking for team members outside of the EU and within the UK Timezone +- 3 hours. 🚨
Apply now and work remotely at Obby
Front-end developer with React or Angular2+
Are you looking for a remote work on international projects?
Are you looking for 40 hours a week workload?
Is it suitable for you to use time tracker at work?
Is your hourly rate $20 - $30?
Soshace is an online platform that will provide you with remote work with hourly payment on modern projects lasting on average 6-9 months and more.
We are looking for a long-term partnership so when the first project ends we’ll find you a second one and after that the third and so on.
We expect you to work on our projects 8 hours a day Monday-Friday in your time zone.
Do you have more than a year of experience in commercial projects with Node.js and React/Angular version 2 and above?
Can you provide a portfolio of relevant projects?
Do you have good writing and speaking skills in English (Upper-Intermediate and above)?
If you answer “yes” to all questions, send us your CV and be ready to provide a portfolio of projects you took part in.
We have the next stages of the interview:
Primary interview (a detailed discussion of your resume and portfolio)
Interview with a technical specialist.
Apply now and work remotely at Soshace
Paperpile is a modern web application to manage and write academic papers. We are a small, distributed team across six countries. Our user-base is growing and so is the team around it.
* As part of a small team everything you do matters. You only work on stuff that has a direct big impact on the product and our customers.
* Work from anywhere on your own schedule. We communicate with tools like Slack, Clubhouse, Figma, and Notion to move our product forward fast.
* Work with an interesting and diverse community of academics. Our customers use Paperpile to study climate change, cancer or medieval history. You talk to them every day to understand how we can make their work more productive.
This job is fully remote but we only hire in European and Asian timezones at this time.
Apply now and work remotely at Paperpile
React / Angular Front-end Developer
- Are you looking for a remote work on international projects?
- Are you looking for 40 hours a week workload?
- Is it suitable for you to use time tracker at work?
- Is your hourly rate $20 - $30?
Apply now and work remotely at Soshace
Senior Node JS Developer
About the Job
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help build and operate the next generation streaming platform for the German market. Together with your team you are building message driven microservices in Node.js that communicate through Kafka and run on Docker in AWS. In the Users and Monetization team we build a service with a 99.99% Availability (100ms latency for 95th percentile) in a multi-region setup using Cassandra with zero downtime deployments to give our customers the best user experience for a future multi-million user base. The responsibility of our service is to provide authentication (direct or third party OAuth2/SSO), authorisation, subscription and payment management with the payment providers.
What you tell people at parties
"My services run in a large-scale cloud environment, making sure you can enjoy live streaming and video on demand in the Joyn app on any device, anywhere"
What you do
- Work in a team of passionate and talented engineers that self-organise and continuously deliver value by embracing a lean and agile mindset.
- Build the next generation streaming platform and provide services around user identity, asset management, subscriptions and payments, fraud, analytics, etc. in Node.js.
- Engineering is craftsmanship and you enjoy applying good engineering practises - implement processes, systems and tools to aid and you and your team in the day to day work.
- Participate in technical design and architectural discussions within your team and with other teams solve some real consumer issues
- Deploy your code multiple times a day and take care of running your services in production on AWS without disrupting the service
- learn and succeed in areas you haven’t touched before.
- follow trends in software and streaming tech and turn your learnings into features and improvements that delight our customers
- You learn and succeed in areas you haven’t touched before and you are open to coach each other in the team.
- How you do it
- you enjoy solving difficult technical problems in the team - because 1+1=3
- we value autonomy in the teams and at the same time we like you to take ownership for the products you are building.
- you get a chance to work with Node.js, Kafka, AWS, Docker, you name it.
- your develop code for solving complex business problems, and you find solutions that are simple, beautiful, and sustainable
- we really care about the product and you should keep the consumer in mind when designing your solution together with product
- learn from both success and failure, actively coach and get coached by the team
Why you’ll love working for us
- Competitive remote contract opportunity
- Fast-paced startup with an already strong and healthy user base
- Ability to put your stamp on an innovative product
- Passionate, diverse, and supportive team members
- Open, transparent, and bureaucracy-free company culture
We're fast, well-funded and growing quickly. It's an exciting time to join us!
Apply now and work remotely at Joyn