Senior Full-Stack Developer (PHP+JS)
Are you truly passionate about web development? Do you hate to compromise on code quality because of clients and deadlines? Then read on!
We're a product-focused organization, which means our codebase is our baby; it can never become too perfect and we continually push our ambitions upwards.
We're also the world's leading User Experience (UX) community—with over 1,5 million monthly visitors—and the biggest course platform for designers on the planet. Forbes Magazine has written about us and, what's more, we teach UX and Design to organizations like IBM and the British Parliament. We can offer you the freedom to shape your work schedule, as well as a priceless opportunity to make an impact on the world—you'll improve hundreds of thousands of lives each year.
With that in mind, we'd love if you could help us take our codebase to the next level.
Apply now and work remotely at The Interaction Design Foundation
We are a mature profitable company with a SAAS product used by 100s of ecommerce companies worldwide and impact 100M’s of users monthly.
The company product includes product recommendations, triggered emails, content personalization and visitor segmentation and targeting.
We will teach you everything you need to know about the system but you are expected to work independently and be self motivated. Eventually we expect you to become an expert in the system and be responsible for future development.
In the long run you will also learn the system architecture including load balancing, security, routing, provisioning etc.. and will be partially responsible for keeping it running when other people responsible are not around.
You will work with the Developer/CTO who developed it from scratch.
Apply now and work remotely at BarillianceApply
Howdy 👋We’re the folks at SkyVerge, and we build WordPress plugins that help over 100k+ eCommerce businesses grow and manage their WooCommerce stores. Our team is 100% remote, with 19 people distributed all over the world.
We’re looking for a driven, experienced, full-stack PHP Engineer to join our growing engineering team and build new features while maintaining our existing portfolio of 60+ individual extensions.
You should be:
- Deeply experienced with PHP, ideally in a WordPress-specific role
- Adept at translating user stories into detailed engineering implementation tasks
- Detail-oriented & curious, with a drive to understand and solve technical challenges
- A self-starter, comfortable working independently and taking a high level of responsibility
- Dedicated to constant learning and sharing your knowledge
Bonus points if you also have:
- WooCommerce experience
- Experience with payment gateways, especially integrating with their APIs
- eCommerce experience (particularly with other platforms like Shopify, Magento, or BigCommerce)
You’ll be responsible for:
- Building features & fixing bugs based on specs in Clubhouse stories (derived from both customer feedback and our support team)
- Adhering to internal code standards and best practices while suggesting new ones for team consideration
- Carefully user-testing your own work and implementing feedback from code review
- Providing detailed code reviews to your teammates
- Adding to our internal wiki/documentation
- Assisting our support team with troubleshooting challenging issues
- Contributing to our own open-source code (like our plugin framework) and the wider community, like WooCommerce and WordPress
Why you’ll love working with us:
- Kind, wonderful teammates that enjoy their work as much as you do
- Competitive salary
- Annual company retreats (read about our last adventure in Lake Tahoe!)
- Fantastic benefits: 27 days paid time-off, full health insurance (medical, dental, and vision), retirement contributions, paid parental leave, and more!
- Transparent culture (check out our team wiki)
We support workplace diversity and do not discriminate on any protected class. We believe when we work together as a team of different views, experiences, and ideas, we can build amazing things.
Apply now and work remotely at SkyVerge
Senior PHP React Developer
We are hiring for a full-time, "full-stack" software development position with the option to work remotely most or all days. Close proximity to the Portland, OR metro area is preferred so you can attend team gatherings and occasional client meetings, but it is not strictly required. The primary technologies that we use are modern PHP (7+), ReactJS (ECMAScript5), Laravel, MySQL/MariaDB and Apache. Python, Docker and Docker Swarm knowledge would be a plus.
YOU MUST BE AN INDIVIDUAL U.S. CITIZEN, RESIDING IN AND ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES.
If you are interested, please send the following:
- A brief resume
- Sample(s) of some of your work (code samples if available, a link to GitHub or other open source repo is great)
- If you have a StackOverflow account, please let us know your username
Apply now and work remotely at PNDLM
You'd be working with our team to address technical support tickets and client requests as they come in. Flexibility, problem solving, and team collaboration are key aspects of this responsibility.
You’d be communicating with the team regularly. We use Slack for regular communication and Basecamp for project management. There are occasionally some video chats we'll need to do either via video chat.
You can work from anywhere. No moving for a job involved. If you’re happy where you are, stay there. If you’re unhappy, move somewhere new. This job will go with you. (If you want to spend a month working from the Italian countryside or in a Scottish pub, more power to you.)
You decide what you want your hours to be for projects. For technical support, we do need someone who would be available standard East Coast time work hours (9am-ish to 6pm-ish). You will need to communicate with the team regularly.
You get paid on a per project basis for larger projects and hourly for technical support work.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- You know how to work with Woocommerce.
- You're comfortable working with Advanced Custom Fields before.
- You understand how to work with cPanels, update databases directly, and are confident migrating websites to new hosts.
- You can troubleshoot when a site has been hacked or simply been broken by a client who has gone too far in code.
This job IS for you if:
- You believe the best code is clean, simple, and well-organized.
- You are detailed oriented and meticulous. You get letter spacing, fonts, and column widths right. And you’ll even make sure the site ends up with custom favicon.
- You get projects done on time (or early).
- You are honest and have no tolerance for drama.
- You like working on projects for soulful and creative entrepreneurs.
- You can handle a workload of at least 1-2 custom projects per month. Projects vary in length, taking anywhere between 20 and 50 hours (for a skilled developer), with some larger ones taking longer.
- You are comfortable using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop to gather information from designs for development.
- You can commit to the position for at least nine months (ideally, we'd love to have you with us long-term).
Our ideal candidate is a developer who has an exacting aesthetic eye and the ability to make things so intuitive that the non savvy user can feel comfortable editing.
This job IS NOT for you if:
- You are repeatedly late getting work done.
- You dislike or have problems with regular communication.
- You prefer to start out with a pre-made theme with page builders for website development.
- You often miss details.
- You think that a 28px margin is the same thing as a 25px margin. Or that Helvetica is the same thing as Open Sans.
Apply now and work remotely at Alchemy + Aim