You'd be working with our team to address technical support tickets and client requests as they come in. Flexibility, problem solving, and team collaboration are key aspects of this responsibility.
You’d be communicating with the team regularly. We use Slack for regular communication and Basecamp for project management. There are occasionally some video chats we'll need to do either via video chat.
You can work from anywhere. No moving for a job involved. If you’re happy where you are, stay there. If you’re unhappy, move somewhere new. This job will go with you. (If you want to spend a month working from the Italian countryside or in a Scottish pub, more power to you.)
You decide what you want your hours to be for projects. For technical support, we do need someone who would be available standard East Coast time work hours (9am-ish to 6pm-ish). You will need to communicate with the team regularly.
You get paid on a per project basis for larger projects and hourly for technical support work.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- You know how to work with Woocommerce.
- You're comfortable working with Advanced Custom Fields before.
- You understand how to work with cPanels, update databases directly, and are confident migrating websites to new hosts.
- You can troubleshoot when a site has been hacked or simply been broken by a client who has gone too far in code.
This job IS for you if:
- You believe the best code is clean, simple, and well-organized.
- You are detailed oriented and meticulous. You get letter spacing, fonts, and column widths right. And you’ll even make sure the site ends up with custom favicon.
- You get projects done on time (or early).
- You are honest and have no tolerance for drama.
- You like working on projects for soulful and creative entrepreneurs.
- You can handle a workload of at least 1-2 custom projects per month. Projects vary in length, taking anywhere between 20 and 50 hours (for a skilled developer), with some larger ones taking longer.
- You are comfortable using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop to gather information from designs for development.
- You can commit to the position for at least nine months (ideally, we'd love to have you with us long-term).
Our ideal candidate is a developer who has an exacting aesthetic eye and the ability to make things so intuitive that the non savvy user can feel comfortable editing.
This job IS NOT for you if:
- You are repeatedly late getting work done.
- You dislike or have problems with regular communication.
- You prefer to start out with a pre-made theme with page builders for website development.
- You often miss details.
- You think that a 28px margin is the same thing as a 25px margin. Or that Helvetica is the same thing as Open Sans.
Apply now and work remotely at Alchemy + Aim
Full Stack Web Developer With LAMP PHP MySQL Laravel JS Experience
What we're building
Scratchpay provides pet parents with simple friendly payment plans. We help pet parents to provide the care their pets need, easing the financial barrier. We are growing fast in the veterinary space and Veterinarian, Pet owners and pets across the US love us! Come help us help more pets!
About the position
As we grow quickly, we need someone to strengthen the team for specific services, including Mobile app and Dashboard for that service. By working with the team, you will learn how things work, quality standards and lifecycle and then quickly jump into growing the software we are building to save pets.
This job is for you if you recognize yourself in this:
I am a good mind
I can think for myself
I am critical of myself and others
I am always respectful
I ask questions when needed
I can understand the boundaries but have a lot of fun within them
I take my work seriously and never let down people
I work hard because I want to do the best that I can right now
I always observe and reflect on how to do better tomorrow
I like animals
Responsibility and Duties
• Coordinate and communicate with other developers and QA, estimates, assignments and progress.
• Communicate with development management and customer service to report progress.
• Recommend improvements to existing architecture, features and design
• 7+ years of commercial software engineering experience
• 5+ years PHP development (with some HTML & CSS)
• 4+ years working with Laravel
• 4+ years working with React and/or Angular
• Experience with Continuous Integration and DevOps
• Strong secure coding practices
• Experience with Git
• Solid knowledge of design patterns
• Advanced level proficiency of the LAMP/LEMP Stack (PHP/Apache or Nginx/MySQL/Linux)
• Advanced level proficiency of building REST APIs
C#, MSSQL, Jira, AWS
Build services using TDD practice
Work within a Scrum team of fun and talented people
Design and implement systems
Run tests, find issues, escalate, discuss solutions
Work in a highly scalable cloud computing environment with the difficulties scalability brings
Build a platform and an ecosystem of services that will in turn make for a great UX for pet parents and clinics!
Build, deploy and maintain your own work
Learn anything you feel like that's necessary for the job, however challenging, however you like it
Be part of an exciting adventure
How to know if you are a good fit?
You will have to:
Understanding the position of others is critical. It is necessary to navigate through communication, mitigation and the culture
Yet know when to raise a point or ask for a clarification or escalate a potential issue
Speak your mind and expect others to. Engage in respectful and mindful conflict. Quality > quantity.
Know your stuff and know what you don't know;
No one is perfect but everyone can learn. Be humble enough to know your weaknesses. Be open minded and hard working enough to be able to fix them.
Take constructive critics;
Ask yourself "how to know if I'm wrong?". You may not, but not challenging your thinking is unhealthy. We challenge each other a lot @Scratchpay.
We care about the human aspect of work and we expect others to. Excellence is also an important keyword @ Scratchpay. While everyone makes mistakes, we learn from them. We are conscious about efficiency and effectiveness in the positive way. We don't do things that bring low-to-no value short or long term. We also do hard things that bring a lot of value. Quality, attention to detail and respect are some of the traits you must have and expect others to have.
We are a team of dedicated, hard working, friendly individuals
We move fast, sometimes break things with measure, we give a second chance
We give constructive feedback, we challenge each other
We are open-minded and we care for each other
Everyone is striving towards excellence. Mediocrity isn't our cup of tea. But we always work hard to help those that are willing to get there!
Everything goes fast and the ultimate goal is to move the business fast. There can be disconnects in the communication at times. We all need to navigate through this and push whenever it is critical to do so.
We are open-minded but things need to be moving forward.
We say what we have to. So expect to hear some unpleasant - but true - things sometimes. Don't hesitate to argue back - with respect - if you disagree.
Like any startup, It can be a mess some days. You also will likely have to do things that aren't in your scope sometimes. Part of the fun, right? ;)
The most important is: We are always looking at improving. All the time, step by step. If you feel mediocre and don't see a path to improvement or can't listen to others' voice to, please do not apply.
Apply now and work remotely at Scratch Financial
Full Stack Developer
GrintaHub is an online ticket exchange website which provides services for buyers and sellers of tickets for sports events.
We are seeking a Full Stack Web Developer (remote) with demonstrated experience designing and implementing enterprise scale web solutions.
Apply now and work remotely at GrintaHub
Full-Stack (leaning backend) Developer
Prezly is looking for a backend developer to boost our capacity in creating a world with more meaningful communication between organisations and people. Working closely with a product designer, the founders and builders to craft high-quality, impactful, and inclusive user experiences for communication experts all around the world.
About the technology
Our services are built around a core of PHP (symfony), postgres, React with millions of people per day using some aspect of the system. On the backend side we use a Symfony fork (https://github.com/e1himself/symfony1), Propel (http://propelorm.org/) and interact with a Postgres (RDS) database.
We're big believers in devops/CI - building, testing, and deploying to any of our environments are as simple as pushing a commit to a git branch. The infrastructure is containerised, built on top of AWS using Kubernetes.
We're a technology company first: This means that in addition to product and business development plans, we put emphasis on continual improvement of our stack and infrastructure. Current projects include API'ing our full application suite and removing redux.
About the backend role
We are looking for a backend engineer with deep understanding of PHP (Symfony) and best practices when it comes to application development. Bonus points for experience with our specific stack.
You will work on a variety of projects, mostly around the core Prezly product. Your work will ship continuously (when it’s done). You will have a direct impact in our customers’ experience and the overall trajectory of the business.
As our new teammate, you’ll be self-driven and work hard to bring value to your new company in the most effective way possible. You’ll work hard to make those around you better, communicate clearly, and make Prezly a better company.
You will get
Competitive salary with the option for equity
Great tools: What would Batman be without his utility belt? He’d still be badass. But you get the point. At Prezly you’ll get to choose your own gear
Flexible hours: There’s a life outside of work. That's why our distributed team works from where they want, when they want. And they get tons of work done.
Unlimited vacation time: We evaluate on value, not on time spent behind desks. Employees can take as many holidays as they need. This way they bring their A-game to the job.
Visits to Leuven: A few times per year the entire team gets together in the office in Leuven, the world’s capital of beer. We’ll fly you in so you can have fun with the team.
Apply now and work remotely at Prezly