Full Stack Developer
Are you looking for a new challenge as a full-stack developer? You are a professional in PHP? You know Composer and GIT? Then you are exactly right with us! Become part of our nerd team and realize exciting projects with us!
- Development of software, interfaces & plugins
- Realisation of web projects with Shopware & Laravel
- Realisation of web frontends & widgets
- Linux Webserver
- internal CLI Tools
- our very own perfect Ticket System
- experienced senior software engineers
- Google Apps for Work
- 40 hours per week, with timetracking
- scrum like project management
- 3x standUp Meetings per week
- no second job or self employment
Apply now and work remotely at Weslink GmbH
Back End WordPress Developer
You’d be working on custom WordPress sites. Ideally, you would be comfortable with front-end pieces as well as complex back-end ones.
You’d be communicating with the team regularly. We use Slack for regular communication and Basecamp for project management. There are occasionally some video chats we’ll need to do, typically via Zoom.
You must be available for support during standard EST business hours (roughly 9:30am-4:30pm EST) on weekdays. We are flexible, but do specifically need support during those times.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- You know how to work with Woocommerce.
- You’re very comfortable working with Advanced Custom Fields.
- You are comfortable working with third party APIs like Mailchimp or Google’s APIs.
- You understand how to work with modern web hosts like WPEngine, are skilled in working with databases directly, and are confident migrating websites to new hosts.
Apply now and work remotely at Alchemy + Aim
Lead back end developer
Simpleweb has an opportunity for an experienced badass lead back-end developer to join our team of coders, creatives and entrepreneurs – working with businesses that put people before profit.
We’re looking for an individual who:
- Is confident in communicating with clients in writing and face to face (virtually or in person covid permitting)
- Has excellent engineering and problem solving skills
- Has an exceptional understanding of the web and its protocols
- Has a great understanding of databases
- Is exceptional in at least one of the following: PHP, Python or Ruby
- Has a good understanding of various server technologies such as AWS, Ansible, Docker
- The desire to learn new languages and skills
- A proven development experience
- Has the ability to demonstrate passion and initiative
Additional experience, areas of expertise or even a keen interest of the following would be massively beneficial to your application.
- ML/Neural nets
- React and React Native
We build and invest in brilliant startups, working on projects with real purpose that change peoples lives for the better. For you this will mean working with talented and passionate people; influencing both the design and function of products that have huge positive potential for both people and planet.
You can see some of our investments and projects on the Simpleweb Portfolio page.
We love nothing more than to nurture talent and respect that different brains work in different ways. That said, you’ll regularly find us experimenting with new ways of doing things and our ears will always prick up at your ideas, big or small.
You’ll find that the team has some wide-ranging personal interests too so, when we’re not geeking out about tech and design, we’re never short of mind-expanding topics to mull over. We also love to organise regular hack-nights for the wider dev community and have been known to take our team off on exciting trips (both locally in Bristol and abroad)! COVID has curtailed these activities but we’ll be starting them again once it’s safe to do so.
Don’t take our word for it – last year we were awarded the accolade of Employer of the Year by the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) for our commitment to team culture and personal development.
Come and build the future with us.
Benefits and Perks:
- Fair salary reflecting experience
- Team socials
- Very competitive pension
- Your religious holidays respected
- Private medical insurance
- Shared parental leave & pay policy
- Personal development / conference budget
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
Remote working and flexible hours (IRL community is a big deal to us so, when you feel it’s safe, we’d like to see you in the office at least once a month ideally)
Apply now and work remotely at Simpleweb
Freelance Backend Developer â Remote
Design your lifestyle as a top freelance developer, with the freedom to work however, wherever, on your terms.
Freelance work is defining the careers of today’s developers in exciting new ways. If you’re passionate about working flexibly with leading Fortune 500 brands and innovative Silicon Valley startups, Toptal could be a great fit for your next career shift.
Toptal is an elite talent network for the world’s top 3% of developers, connecting the best and brightest freelancers with top organizations. Unlike a 9-to-5 job, you’ll choose your own schedule and work from anywhere. Jobs come to you, so you won’t bid for projects against other developers in a race to the bottom. Plus, Toptal takes care of all the overhead, empowering you to focus on successful engagements while getting paid on time, at the rate you decide, every time.
As a freelance developer, you could join an ever-expanding community of experts in over 120 countries, working remotely on the projects that meet your career ambitions.
That’s why the world’s top 3% of developers choose Toptal. Developers in our elite network share:
English language proficiency
3+ years of professional experience
Project management skills
A keen attention to detail
If you’re interested in becoming part of the Toptal network, take the next step by clicking apply and filling out the short form: https://topt.al/k4cbR4
Apply now and work remotely at Toptal
Senior Software Engineer
About the Job
Do you program web applications? Do you want to work from the comfort of your home? Do you prefer prototyping versus being handed a huge technical document? Do you want your opinion to matter?
We are a fast-growing tech company with decades of domain experience in agriculture and farm management. We're a small team of highly driven, hard-working folks who love the work we do and are excited about growing our company together.
We are looking for a jack-of-all-trades to work with us as we continue to evolve our enterprise SaaS stack in the agriculture sector. The right candidate will need to do everything from server maintenance to backend development to frontend. You will be working under the CTO, giving advice and using your expertise to build simple but powerful tools for our customers.
Our software includes a frontend management and reporting interface, a dashboard system with even more reporting and graphing, an API, and a mobile app that allows farm workers in the field to manage their work and keep records. The system has been in continuous development for over 10 years, and is regularly in use by many users, so a mind for backwards compatibility is a must. The development style is a prototyping and iterating approach, with a goal of creating components that can be reused in a variety of different contexts and for a variety of different purposes. This approach has allowed us to build software that makes it simple and intuitive for our users to capture data, but can turn simple data into rich and complex analysis and reporting that can drive critical business processes and decisions.
- Ability to set up your local working environment (LAMP-based stack)
- Ability to communicate in English
- Ability to work independently – which includes knowing when and how to ask questions about proper
architecture and domain knowledge
- Knowledge of design patterns and object oriented programming
- Knowledge of SCCS (Subversion)
- Knowledge of ES6
- Knowledge of SASS
- Knowledge of Responsive Design
- Knowledge of PHP 5.4 and 7.2
- Knowledge of PHP MVC frameworks (Symfony)
- Knowledge of REST
- Knowledge of relational databases and the ability to write stored procedures (MySQL)
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases (CouchDB)
- Experience with ACLs/RBLs
- Experience with GPS / geolocation, mapping, geofencing or similar
- Experience integrating with third party systems
- Experience with inventory management
- Knowledge of Klipfolio or similar dashboarding environments
- Knowledge of D3 or similar data visualization technologies
- Knowledge of CSS animations
- Knowledge of Cordova
- Knowledge of Responsive Design
The benefits of working at AgSquared
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home – or from anywhere in the world
- Work in a scrum team
- An opportunity to learn new technologies and learn about the agricultural domain
Apply now and work remotely at AgSquared