Slai is the first machine learning deployment tool built for software engineers. Existing tools are clunky, unintuitive, and hard to use. Our goal is extend the capabilities of data scientists by creating the fastest pipeline to bring cutting edge research into production systems. We built Slai to solve this problem for ourselves, and we're laser-focused on delivering the best developer experience in the space.
We're hiring a Backend Engineer to join our founding team and build a model serving platform that is scalable, stable, and secure. You'll work closely with our CTO to build out the groundwork of our system.
- 3-5 years experience building large-scale distributed systems
- Passionate about delivering a best-in-class developer experience to our users
- Familiarity with at least some of our tech stack: Python, AWS, Postgres, Redis, Docker, Celery, Django
- Proficiency with ECS / EC2, or alternatively EKS / EC2
- Experience building an internal MLOps platform in a previous role
- Experience working with data scientists / data engineering teams
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance reimbursement
- Laptop of your choice
Apply now and work remotely at Slai
Machine Learning Engineer
About Sticker Mule
Sticker Mule is the Internet's most "kick ass" brand. We are privately-owned, profitable, and powered by a globally distributed team who cares deeply about delivering a great customer experience at the highest technical standards. Our software team operates from 17 countries, and we're always looking for more exceptional engineers.
The Software team is responsible for building and maintaining our front-end and back-end services, developing new features and products, and troubleshooting problems.
- Remote work with flexible schedules
- Varied, interesting technical challenges to solve
- A fun "no bullshit" work environment
We like you to know
- HTML and CSS
- SVG and WebGL
- React, TypeScript and GraphQL
- Deep understanding of DOM
- Browser performance debugging
- Graphics programming (2D/3D)
- Geometry and Linear Algebra
- Excellent communication skills (English)
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Improve and expand our front-end interactive design tools
- Implement SVG manipulation algorithms
- Maintain optimal front-end performance on desktop and mobile
- $10,000 signing bonus
- 4 weeks vacation
Apply now and work remotely at Sticker Mule
Come work directly alongside our founders and be a member of our small, but experienced, engineering and product team. Our tech stack consists of Typescript, Babylon.js, React, Apollo/GraphQL, and Nest.js. Everything is built on top of AWS using modern tooling.
Spot is trying to reimagine the distributed workplace, building a full-featured 3D office inside the browser. Within Spot, users can easily see and navigate the workplace, start conversations with the click of a button, and a whole lot more!
This is a remote position, but we are primarily located in Seattle, WA.
- Helping to realize our product roadmap and build out new features. This includes both the front-end UI as well as the backend logic
- Tweaking and improving existing features and functionality
- Solving scaling challenges related to our existing code and growing base of customers
- Helping to evolve our codebase and team: improving automation, tooling, and overall code quality
What we look for
- Several years of experience as part of a high-performing engineering team
- Deep experience with web technologies, preferably React and Node.js
- Solid front-end expertise. Deep understanding of HTML and CSS
- A pragmatic approach to problem solving– knowing what good code looks like while also understanding the art of shipping
- The ability to work independently at times and simply get stuff done.
Nice to haves
Experience with real time audio and video streaming
A proclivity towards 3D programming. Babylon.js experience a plus
An eye for product design and building beautiful user interfaces
Enjoyment of remote work, but an appreciation for some things that a physical office can bring (we want to close this gap!)
Apply now and work remotely at Spot.xyz
Rainforest QA is an on-demand QA solution. It’s our mission to enable development teams to deliver bug-free software while moving at the speed of continuous delivery. We are truly a global team, allowing us to bring together the best and most diverse talent. Our commitment to the distributed team model and to our company values has earned us multiple culture and workplace awards and helped us build a diverse team of individuals working toward the same goal: change the way QA is done.
Senior Engineer (Frontend)
As a Senior Engineer at Rainforest QA you'll be part of an experienced and diverse team with members all over the world.
We were built as a distributed team from the beginning and we've committed to implementing tools and processes that allow for and support continuous and effective communication across the world.
What you'll do
- Work on the Rainforest QA dashboard, our single page application where users manage their test suite, configure test runs, review results and set up their account
- Work on our tester application, where our crowd of testers connect to our virtual machine infrastructure to conduct tests and submit their results
- Work on internal tooling to improve the development experience of other engineers and ship faster and safer
- Collaborate with product managers and our customer facing teams to analyze customer problems and design high impact features
- Lead projects to implement those features
- Help other team members to achieve their goals
- Continuously learn about new technologies and ways to solve problems
- Work with our customer facing teams to triage, troubleshoot, and fix bugs
- Write unit and integration tests (using our own product!) to ship high quality software
What we’re looking for
- Extensive experience in React (or equivalent framework / libraries) and be extremely knowledgeable of the framework and associated ecosystem
- Experience in writing and maintaining CSS for large projects
- Enthusiasm with building web applications using modern tools like ES7, React, Redux, CSS Modules, Flow, and Webpack - amongst others
- Practical experience of working on a Ruby on Rails codebase
- Even though this position is mainly frontend focused, we expect you to have some grasp of the whole stack to be able to effectively communicate with engineers across the team, and can make backend or infrastructure changes when the situation calls for it
- Professional experience in engineering SaaS products
- Experience leading projects with teams
- An ownership mindset: you should look not only at what you’re asked to do, but ask why you’re doing it and how it impacts on the rest of the product, our customers, and whether it makes sense. We expect you to be responsible for your work and to resolve any bugs you might ship
- Excitement to learn
- Excellent communication skills and able to give and receive constructive feedback
- Happy to review code and have your code reviewed
- Can work effectively remotely with remote team members (we are a fully distributed company)
- Comfortable working in a large codebase with many stakeholders
Identify with our company values
- No BS, No Ego: We are radically candid with each other in every interaction. This means a lack of politics, a lack of showboating, a lack of BS. This also means brevity, clarity of thought, and clarity of communication. We give and take feedback without ego, with the knowledge that we all are operating with good intent. No ego is the check system to balance no BS and keep it kind. No ad-hominem attacks.
- 1% better every day: Continuous improvement is what motivates us. We design our product, our organization and our careers to be continually improving. Mistakes are only bad if they are repeated. Experiments are only wasted if they are not learned from.
- Own the journey: We are all owners. We demand that of each other. The journey we own is threefold: our customers’ journey, our company’s journey and our personal journey. Our reason for existence is to nail our customer journey, so that we can scale our company’s success.
How we'll reward you
- Flexible, remote work options
- Competitive salary with equity.
- A locally-adjusted weekly allowance for lunches.
- A locally-adjusted monthly allowance for remote office supplies or personal development.
- Unlimited paid-time off.
- 3 offsites per year: every ~4 months we arrange an offsite for the whole company to get together so we can get to know our colleagues better and understand what we need to do. The location is ever changing, so you will get to see some new places! (currently on-hold due to COVID-19)
United States Residents Only:
- 100% medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage. 75% for dependents.
- Voluntary 401k program.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At Rainforest QA we believe that diverse teams improve our business. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply now and work remotely at Rainforest QA
WorkRamp is the leading enterprise platform for corporate learning. We’re out to revolutionize the way people onboard, train, and get certified across the business. Top companies like Zoom, Box, and Reddit trust WorkRamp to deliver amazing learning experiences for their customers, partners, and employees.
🙌 Why WorkRamp?
WorkRamp is a people-driven company with the belief that businesses should not only build lasting products but also lasting careers. We want to work with people who are incredibly team-oriented, jump head-first into a challenge, and always maintain a high-bar for excellence.
- #1 Top-Rated LMS by The Motley Fool
- #1 on Inc's 2021 Best Workplaces List for Startups
- Fortune's Best Places to Work in the Bay Area 2021
- Recently raised a $17M Series B led by OMERS Ventures
- Top 100 fastest-growing SaaS companies of 2020 by SaaS Mag
We just raised our Series B and are growing steadily in a large, well-defined SaaS market. This is an exciting time to join the team as we blitzscale and build the team for the next stage of growth.
We're an experienced enterprise team with members that have been part of the early engineering function at SaaS companies, like Box and Mixpanel. We move extremely quickly and are constantly pushing each other to release early and often.
🔧 What will I be doing?
We build a fast-growing, enterprise-grade training platform with lots of functionality and integrations, and a beautiful UI. Engineers are tasked with architecting projects from the ground up in a scalable way using the technologies they see fit, while building a growing layer of common architecture to support the expanding codebase.
👷♀️ Projects I might work on:
- A reporting/analytics engine to surface all the training metrics generated by our system. Architecting the data pipeline that serves these analytical queries.
- Research and implement a state management approach (Redux, etc.) for our frontend React components
- Set up a continuous testing pipeline. Build up test suite and make sure it runs in a reasonable amount of time. Integrate testing with our code review tool.
- Architecting, developing, and deploying new features for our core SaaS product
- Help grow the engineering team and capabilities, including supporting hiring.
- Partner with engineering leaders to define and execute on engineering excellence.
- Review systems designs, technology decisions, and code to ensure quality and efficiency.
- Facilitate technology discussions with engineers to build consensus and create alignment around important technology decisions.
- Share learning and knowledge to empower distributed decision making while shaping future engineering leaders.
💡 What skills do I need?
- Strong desire to work at an early-stage startup
- 5+ years of industry-experience building product quality software
- Hands on Ruby on Rails Development working in a fast paced environment
- Solid grasp of Postgres or other relational databases
- Expert time-management and prioritization within a fast-paced environment
- Effective at collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Enjoy mentoring others who tend to look to you for guidance whether to solve an architecture challenge or unwind a git problem
Our tech stack consists of: Ruby on Rails, React, Postgres, AWS
Full healthcare coverage
Stipend for remote work setup
One of the best teams in tech!
This Staff Full Stack Engineer role can be based anywhere in the US
Apply now and work remotely at WorkRamp