Full Stack Ruby on Rails Engineer
Blue Sky eLearn is hiring a fully remote Ruby on Rails Full Stack Engineer for our Path LMS team to help build and scale our Learning Management System. You’ll be joining the team as a talented Ruby/Rails developer who has experience with all layers of the dev stack. You have mastered all aspects, from front-end user interactions through to back-end server data management. You’re comfortable with Agile and Lean Methodologies, continuous delivery, code reviews, TDD/BDD, and pair programming.
You’ll be part of a talented core team of developers to deploy and scale the latest technologies and services on our state-of-the-art platform. You will join a highly motivated team working on building the world’s best learning platform in a hot industry. Your focus on the team will be working directly with the product manager, stakeholders, and other team members to design, implement and test new features and UX improvements on a regular basis.
This is a 100% remote, full-time salaried position averaging 40 hours per week. Candidates must be located in the United States.
- Contribute in all phases of the software development lifecycle, including but not limited to participating in DevOps tasks, design reviews, writing stories, coding modules, code reviews, unit testing and automated rspec testing
- Follow best practices including but not limited to test-driven development, continuous integration, SCRUM, refactoring and code standards
- Contribute to the collective knowledge of the team by educating and mentoring other engineers.
- Time management and problem-solving skills. Collaborate effectively with software engineers, project managers, designers and external teams in an agile environment.
- Participate in project scoping and planning, including shaping and estimating of project tasks.
- 5+ years of software development experience, preferably web and API development
- At least 2+ years of experience building Ruby/Ruby on Rails, customer-facing applications
- Knowledge of software best practices, including continuous integration and TDD / BDD using Rspec/Capybara (or similar)
- Experience with Git and a branch/pull-request flow. Familiarity with deployments on Heroku/Amazon Web Services (or similar)
- Experience working with, or an interest in Agile Methodologies and Scrum
- Experience working with Sidekiq
- Experience with Heroku
- Experience building and maintaining RESTful APIs
##Our Product Team's Values
- We communicate frequently and effectively
- We are levelheaded and compassionate
- We value diversity
- We are passionate about our work
- We maintain a healthy balance between work and life
##About Our Product
Path LMS is an award-winning and powerful learning management platform that helps associations, corporations, and agencies provide high quality online education to their members. Millions of professionals, including school administrators, lawyers, physicians, and construction contractors, have been educated through courses powered by Path LMS.
As more and more organizations have needed to utilize online education in response to the current global pandemic, the use of our online learning management system has increased dramatically. So, too, have the demands on our app’s scalability, functionality, and usability.
##About Our Hiring Process
After reviewing resumes and having a brief screening call, chosen applicants will be asked to complete a small code challenge and schedule an interview with a member of our engineering team. During the interview, we ask that you walk us through your solution to the code challenge. This is an opportunity to share with us your thought process and how you developed your solution. One-two additional interviews will be scheduled so you can meet our additional members of the team including our Product Manager and Chief Technology Officer.
Interviews are designed so we can get to know you, understand your background and experience, and answer any questions you may have. There will be no gotchas, whiteboard sessions, logic problems, trick questions, or on-the-spot technical challenges. Interviews are conducted via Zoom and we kindly ask for your permission to record them so our entire team has an opportunity to get to know you.
##Benefits & Perks
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Paid long term disability and life and AD&D insurance
- Paid vacation, sick, bereavement, volunteer and family leave
- Paid company holidays
- 401(k) program
- Remote work
- Annual professional development reimbursement
Apply now and work remotely at Blue Sky eLearn
Senior Backend Engineer
Who we are
When was the last time you were pleasantly surprised by an insurance company? We bet the answer is never—and we've built Feather to change that.
We’re committed to creating a brand new insurance experience. We envision one without commission-hungry brokers, where our customers' best interests are always at the center.
We’re a small, but ambitious team and we’re crazy about fintech and insurance. Our company was founded in 2018 by Rob (CEO) and Vincent (CTO). Vincent was one of the first employees at N26, where he was instrumental in building and scaling their iOS app. Rob was previously working at McKinsey, where he consulted top insurance companies on how to improve their digital strategy.
About the role
We're looking for an experienced Senior Backend Engineer to join our product team remotely.
The product team consists of several cross-functional units that are responsible for different parts of our insurance business. As a part of such a unit, you will be the one to make all the technical decisions necessary to grow our product.
You will be contributing to our TypeScript microservices and APIs, occasionally touching statically typed Python code. Anything you build will be immediately used by our customer base.
We put the customer first, and that is what defines how our tech evolves. We care about the UX of our products, but at the same time, we go out of our way to ensure security and privacy of the customer's data.
We set high standards in that regard, and we use the best tools available to meet them. You will define how the backend architecture and cloud infrastructure look like and collaborate with everyone across the team on the way.
Who we’re looking for 👀
We're looking for someone who already worked in a similar role as a Senior Software Engineer. This role requires a high degree of autonomy and excellent English communication skills.
You tick the following boxes:
- You are proficient with TypeScript and any of the modern node frameworks.
- You have a security mindset and care for data privacy.
- You show a good understanding of databases.
- You have worked with any ubiquitous cloud provider and containerized/serverless deploy.
- You are good at design patterns and architecture. You have worked with microservices and asynchronous architecture before.
- You have an eye for how things look and feel when it's facing the customer.
Ideally, you have experience with:
- Building event-driven systems with Cloud Pub/Sub, Kafka, Redis or RabbitMQ.
- Managing cloud infrastructure. Terraform experience is a plus.
- Running docker containers in production.
- Using PostgreSQL and writing raw SQL.
- Secure uploads to Google Cloud Storage or AWS S3.
- Using managed Kubernetes/KNative clusters.
- Serverless deployment using Google Cloud Functions, Cloud Run or AWS Lambda.
That said, don't be afraid to reach out to us if you are missing some of the above!
What we offer
- Small team, flat hierarchy, mission-driven, and no politics. The usual buzzwords here, except we actually mean them. We’re small, lean, and we love what we’re doing.
- You’ll be building a product that people need, and are grateful for. Our excellent Trustpilot and Google reviews speak for themselves. We’ve built a product around people, and they love it!
- Budget for learning. We want you to grow with us, so we offer a €1,200 yearly budget that you can spend to learn new stuff (books, conferences, subscriptions, etc.).
- Remote work from anywhere close to the CET timezone. You may be requested to travel to Berlin several times a year.
- Freedom to contribute to Open Source. We are passionate about OSS and we have a bunch of our own code available on GitHub.
- A modern tech stack to work with—TypeScript, Terraform, NestJS, GitHub Actions just to name a few.
Does this sound like you? Apply now!
We'd like to chat about so many things with you! Please, let us know what interests you the most.
- We highly encourage people from underrepresented groups in tech to apply.
- We encourage people without degrees to apply: we believe that what you’ve worked on and achieved is way more important than on-paper qualifications.
Apply now and work remotely at Feather
- 💸 $350 Referral Bonus
- 💡 3+ Years of Experience
- 🗺 Anywhere in North America
- 👊 All-in ownership, highly collaborative, and high engineering bar
- 🏘️ Learn about real estate investing, financial freedom, and entrepreneurship
- 🚢 Silicon Valley engineering bar, startup culture (Founder is from Lyft, Twitter, and Amazon)
Get Paid: If you recommend this job to the person that gets hired, we will give you a $350 referral bonus! How will we contact you about giving you your bonus? Tell your referral to list your name and/or email in the “How did you hear about this job?” question. Once they’re hired, we’ll make sure you get paid.
Who We Are
Cash Flow Portal is a real estate syndication platform that helps syndicators streamline equity raising, automate operations, and reach more investors. It is a marketplace between small syndicators and investors. Our goal is to help everyone achieve financial freedom through real estate investing. We have been growing at 80-100% week over week.
We at Cash Flow Portal believe we will be the most dominant real estate syndication software within 2 years. In the last 1.5 years, we built a solid product, achieved product-market fit, and we will raise a seed round in 1-2 months (so yes, we will be venture-backed). We will be a 1BB+ company one day if we execute correctly.
We are engineering-driven (the founder was an engineering manager from Silicon Valley), are obsessed with talent density, and want to hire the best engineers possible who are also highly collaborative.
We are also highly entrepreneurial and personal finance-minded. We believe that our employees will one day go on to create their own companies, invest in real estate, and want to grow their wealth and achieve financial independence in their own right.
What Would You Do?
- Tech spec, implement and productionalize critical features
- Improve operational efficiency such as monitoring, metrics, dashboards
- Help define roadmap and architecture based on technology and business needs. Technical leader of large projects from idea to efficient execution with high quality and reliability.
- Effectively communicates with the team and other stakeholders to achieve results. Actively participates in team technical discussions.
- Designs, builds, or improves a set of team-owned components or services. Executes with high quality and reliability on projects requiring a deep understanding of team codebase and technologies.
Our tech stack
- Python/flask on the backend
- React/Redux on the frontend – note you do not need any frontend experience. The role is the backend.
- Amazon Aurora Postgres for database
- S3 for document storage
- Github for codebase and Heroku for deployment
Who Are We Looking For?
- For better or worse, we like folks with deep algorithm skills. Yes, those are the people who did TopCoder or LeetCode and that’s fine. Candidates who love solving puzzles.
- We prioritize folks who take the initiative to go out and make something on their own. If candidates had done a side project, please tell us about it.
- They are orthogonal to each other, you either are highly algorithmic or you have a passion for tinkering with projects, you don’t need both.
- This is a full-time, fully remote role. Ideally, you are located in North America, but we are open to other time zones on a case-by-case basis.
Benefits & Perks
- You own the end to end of a project
- Competitive pay for all, and substantial equity if you are senior
- Learning and development resources
- Flexible work schedule, with an open vacation policy
- A kind, thoughtful team who cares about your well-being. We believe that’s a true statement because most of our team is through a seed pool of employees who then refer their previous tech leads/co-workers to join us.
- Learn about real estate! For example, here is a brown bag with an introduction to real estate investing for techies.
Cash Flow Portal is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion, and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Apply now and work remotely at Cash Flow Portal
Full Stack React Developer
We’re looking for an engineer to work alongside our CTO as we build our SaaS product. We’re an early stage company, so we’d like to start with a 1 month contract. As the company grows and we raise more money / generate revenue, there will be an opportunity to join the team full-time.
Typescript / React
What we’re building
We’re helping sales and customer success teams create shared spaces with their customers (think of a private personalized microsite for each of your customers).These spaces host all of the assets in the relationship from pitch decks to project timelines. Learn more on our website and in our announcement blog post.
3+ years of experience developing React and Node.js applications
A good sense of UX patterns
Experience building and shipping production ready code
$70,000 - $100,000 per year
(paid hourly at $40 - $55)
How we work
We’re an asynchronous and global team. We meet weekly to check-in, but mainly work independently throughout the week. Each team member is responsible for getting feedback on their projects from the broader group. We work through Zoom, Slack, and Github.
30min call with CTO
2 hour paired programming session with CTO
30min call with CEO
Apply now and work remotely at DockApply