Senior Software Engineer
Who We Are
Administrate is a training management platform used by hundreds of companies around the world to plan, design, deliver, and measure learning and development for their employees and customers. Our mission is to provide an industry-leading platform that enables enterprises to run their training function more efficiently and effectively so that they can focus more on connecting with people than administrating programs.
We are a fast growing, energetic company, with an established global customer base, a solid core team, and a clear vision. And, we’re looking for a new Senior Software Engineer!
Where We Are
Our headquarters are in Edinburgh, Scotland's capital city. We also have offices in Beirut and in Montana. You'll work remotely from a location in the UK/EU alongside our Edinburgh-based teams.
Who You Are
You're passionate about what you do. Always searching for a challenge, always looking to improve, you found yourself puzzle and problem-solving from an early age, and reaching a solution wasn’t enough for you. You were constantly striving to do it better and faster.
You creatively code and work on your own great stuff for fun, but at work you choose standards and reuse, because teams are not just one person, and you don't reinvent the wheel.
You're striving for perfection, but grounded in reality, getting the job done comes first, but it's never something to hide behind, because you don't do 'ok'. If something isn't working you say why, and how to sort it.
You're honest to a fault.
You love to work with great people and understand that small teams, dynamic companies and flexible working environments are unparalleled.
You are keen to develop and grow your career and skills with a passion for learning and continuous improvement. You're also passionate about the development of others and have solid experience of managing people.
What You'll Do
You'll be part of our Product Delivery team, working on business critical applications with real customers around the world. You'll lead a team (or teams) of Software Engineers, keeping everyone focused on the deliverables for our customers, helping solve problems and encouraging the growth and development of your people. One of our company values is Always Improving and we believe this is achieved through regular, relevant and constructive feedback, so it's crucial you are comfortable and experienced in giving and receiving feedback.
Even as a team lead, you'll still take ownership of writing your own code and you'll be a catalyst within the engineering team for cleaner code, better tests, more scalable solutions. We're all about collaboration so our teams review and test each other's code, provide feedback and share best practice.
Technologies We Use
We use Python for all new server-side code, running in the Flask framework. We use a variety of other technologies for example MySQL, React, and GraphQL. If you have have experience in similar technologies such as Ruby on Rails, PHP, Java, or Node.js and are willing to pick up our stack, please apply! We believe a diverse range of backgrounds strengthens our team.
What You'll Get
- Work a four day week but get paid for five
- Work around your life with our flexible working policy
- Real impact on our products. We are a team of equals, the best ideas win, whomever has them.
- Invest in your mental wellbeing with our onsite therapist
- Do your best work using brand new tech
- Learn, learn, learn
Apply now and work remotely at Administrate
Senior Software Engineer
About the role
The Senior Software Engineer is a experienced technical leader who drives the development of new products and initiatives. Collaborating closely with Design, Product Management, and Engineering teams, this role works with others to determine what to build and how to build it. Senior software engineers @ Welcome are highly autonomous user-focused professionals that know how to deliver rapid value while building software with a high degree of craftsmanship.
Our mission is to help companies build lasting relationships with candidates and employees. We're reimagining the closing experience with the goal of improving close and retention rates, while building the first real-time compensation data set to help companies make better offers and level-set pay equity.
* For Employees: We make it easy to understand their total compensation and how their financial relationship with the company grows and evolves over time (cash, equity, refresher grants, benefits/perks, etc).
* For Candidates: We make it easy to understand their offer (digital and fully branded), which includes total compensation, equity, benefits, perks, the team they’ll work with, and the culture of the company.
* For HR & People teams: With a heavy focus on the candidate experience, we streamline offer creation and collaboration to run a more effective closing process, better explain total compensation through our digital offer experience, and integrate our real-time comp and equity data to make better offers.
Our team is deeply invested in encouraging a culture that promotes design thinking, collaboration and a passion for excellence. We work together as a team to build exceptional products that transform the hiring experience.
- Drive the creation, shipping, and maintenance of capabilities across the Welcome Platform.
- Participate in the entire product creative process, including user interviews, design meetings, technical architecture decisions, and resulting implementation.
- Continually collaborate with other members of the Engineering team, in addition to Product and Design teams.
Welcome (100% remote, NYC based) is looking for Senior Software engineers in any of the following domains: backend, frontend, and data. Our stack is 100% Python on the backend and ReactJS on the frontend. We like you already and hope the feeling is mutual. To find out more, please visit https://heywelcome.com
Apply now and work remotely at Welcome
Jr Mid React Python Developer
Great verbal communication, sharp, confidence, learns quickly (has a start-up like attitude)
React JS for UI
Apply now and work remotely at Compugain
QA Automation DevOps Engineer
#Sr. Frontend Engineer
(Don't be shy! Multiple openings also available at basically all levels.)
As a senior member of the DataKitchen product development team you will get a fast-paced startup experience. Design and develop our market-defining SaaS DataOps product. Work directly with company founders and customers. Contribute to our continuously improving Agile development process.
Successful candidates will have top technical skills, excellent attention to detail, the ability to self-manage, and enthusiasm for our inclusive and supportive culture.
This is a remote-only position. Our company is committed to being remote-first. We have employees in Cambridge MA, various other states, Buenos Aires Argentina, the Dominican Republic, Sicily, Brazil and other locations.
- Frontend product development experience
- Ability to deliver well-tested and performant code in a CI/CD pipeline
- An agile, customer-oriented mindset
- Enthusiasm, curiosity and drive!
You must be physically located within GMT+1 (e.g. Italy) to GMT-8 (e.g. CA). We will not consider candidates outside those time zones. Why? Because we value close collaboration and working sane hours. We do not work with recruiters. Everyone else, if in doubt please reach out!
##Qualifications That Are a Plus
- Experience creating REST Apis in Python
- Experience developing against cloud platform Apis (e.g. AWS, GCP, etc.)
- Experience with Kubernetes and/or Docker
- Experience creating products for developers, data engineers, data scientists or data analysts
We make our customers wildly successful while respecting each employee and person we work with. We move fast, love and learn from our errors, and fall forward. We embrace Agile Values and Principles.
To apply send your resume to email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: DataKitchen, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable US federal, state and local laws. DataKitchen, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. DataKitchen, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of DataKitchen, Inc. employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
DataKitchen enables analytic teams to deliver value quickly, with high quality, using the tools that they love. DataKitchen provides the world’s first DataOps platform for data-driven enterprises. We give our customers the ability to support data analytics that can be quickly and robustly adapted to meet evolving requirements. DataKitchen is leading the DataOps movement to incorporate Agile Software Development, DevOps, and manufacturing based statistical process control into analytics and data management. The Company is headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Apply now and work remotely at DataKitchenApply
Full Stack Developer
Are you the next Full Stack developer to join our top team?
We've got a pretty decent AWS stack that drives our SaaS and community platform. It's built in Django/React, is fully API driven and has a whole host of nifty features already. But we want more…
HelloMaaS, Marketing as a Service, is a new operating model in marketing. We build a marketplace platform to connect companies with turn key marketing solution including 40 fixed price marketing packages, a robo-advice tool translating marketing goals to a customized marketing plan in 30 seconds and a strong community of top marketing freelancers.
You'll get to focus on building new applications, a reliable and scalable platform and add ML to make it smarter. Of course there's some maintenance and testing but with a small team and young codebase it's not so bad.
This is a full-time role, remote or based in the Netherlands. We are happy to sponsor a Dutch work visa for great candidates. We have a A-team, so the bar is high. Reach out if your ambitious, go-getter with a global mindset that likes to learn, win and create success.
- 2-3 years professional experience in React & Django
- Full stack capabilities with a preference for back-end
- Flexibile to switch between front-end and back-end
- Effective communication and (remote) collaboration skills
- Working in a startup or another fast-paced environment
- Pro-active, positive and problemsolving mindset
- Interested in our business and building a user friendly platform
- Required Skills: React, Redux, Python, Django, PostgreSQL
- Nice to have: AWS, Docker, docker-compose
Apply now and work remotely at HelloMaaS
Looking to join a fun, highly-talented team that’s working on an edtech product the world really needs right now?
LearnCube is on a mission to transform live online education across the globe. Through our award-winning online classroom and online school, we help education entrepreneurs to succeed online. We also have a special strength in online language education, where we work with iconic language education companies like Babbel.
We're growing fast and need your help.
More about LearnCube and our development stack:
LearnCube is a leading edtech SAAS provider. Our Virtual Classroom and Online School platform makes it easy for language teachers and tutors to teach online professionally.
LearnCube’s customers are individual tutors, edupreneurs, online language schools and tutoring companies.
We’re a fast-growing company founded in 2014, based in London but with a “remote-first” culture.
As a web developer for LearnCube, you will be working with a close, highly-talented team on our online classroom and online school products.
You will have so much more opportunity to learn, contribute and grow professionally with a startup like LearnCube, than you would from working for a big but soulless technology company.
We use vue.js, Python and Django to build our cutting-edge solution but there’s also plenty of room to build your skills, experiment and play with other exciting technologies.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to online classroom features and new products. For example, in the last year, we released new homework, large group classroom and breakout room features for our online classroom.
Improve the experience for our school administrators, teachers and students through learning analytics and data logging.
- Scaling infrastructure is not the focus of your work but we offer a unique opportunity to gain experience if you’re curious. COVID-19 has increased the number of classes we deliver by more than 10-fold with more high-potential opportunities on the horizon.
- Collaborate with other areas of LearnCube - customer support, customer success and sales - to improve the business, user experience and customer experience.
- Provide some technical customer support for customer queries, especially for our VIP customers using our API products.
- Keep up-to-date with best practices and technology.
- Support research and development of our most innovative ideas within our “Learncube Labs” including smart ways to improve education through A.I.
More about the role:
- Initial 3-month fixed term contract (remote position) followed by full-time contract if it goes well.
- Market-related, competitive salary with a generous vacation policy.
- Salary with company bonus.
- This a remote position. There is no office!
- Think of this also as a 'spring-board' position with lots more opportunity to grow your career into a leadership role if that is your desired path.
Criteria for a successful candidate:
- Honest, humble, highly competent, fast-learner, self-starter and motivated by the mission
- Minimum of 2+ years of software development experience
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team
- Attention to detail
- Shows initiative and not shy from taking on responsibility and projects
- Ability to adapt and grow (startup life isn’t a straight line)
- Able to overlap with European business hours at least once per day
Bonus points for a successful candidate:
- Some experience with VueJS
- Some experience with Django
- Some experience with MySQL
- Experience with WebRTC / Websockets
- Experience with Redis
- Experience with AWS tech stack
- API gateway, Lambda, DynamoDB, ELB, EC2, RDS
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- Design / UX skills
- Association or experience with tutoring or learning spoken languages
- Startup experience
- Evidence of creating your own products and solutions
- Are you a team player and a good person? We have a strict no d///head policy and are not looking for “programming purists”.
- Do you have a strong interest in education and edtech?
- Are you fluent in spoken and written English? Note, you don’t have to be a perfect native speaker.
- Do you already share our values: honesty, trust, grit, motivation, and energy?
- Can you demonstrate strong skills in customer support and care, understanding how to work with people and getting them the help they need?
- Can you provide evidence of at least 6-12 months of experience working at least 20 hours a week remotely?
LearnCube perks and path
- Freedom to live wherever you like as long as you have reliable internet and a permanent residence.
- Annual all-expenses-paid team trip to an exciting location in Europe (when it's properly safe to travel again).
- A clear career path to lead part of our development and product team as we grow.
- We offer a supportive, safe and fun work environment. Whatever gender, race, sexuality, nationality, religion, education, languages or quirks you have (or don’t), we don’t mind. Just bring strong values of honesty, trust, grit, motivation, and energy.
- We’ll provide a monthly contribution towards your home-office or favourite local co-working space.
- Loads of opportunity for professional development.
- Oh… and you’ll feel much more motivated knowing you’re changing the world for the better; improving both the access to and quality of education across the world.
Aside from the non-negotiables, please don’t worry if you can’t check absolutely every criteria above (you’re probably more awesome than you think).
Apply now and work remotely at LearnCubeApply