SURGE is looking for smart, self-motivated, experienced, senior automated test engineers who enjoy the freedom of telecommuting and flexible schedules, to work as long-term, consistent (40 hrs/week) independent contractors on a variety of software development projects.
Must be located in the US or Canada to be considered for this role. Sorry, No Visas.
For immediate consideration, email resume with tech stack under each job and include your full name, cell phone number, email address and start date.
Apply now and work remotely at Surge
Senior Full Stack Engineer
Interview Schedule is changing how teams hire. Our first product streamlines recruiting scheduling and coordination, saving teams hundreds of hours a month. We’re just getting started on, and have our sights set on making hiring a great experience for recruiters, hiring managers, and candidates. We’re building the platform to engage these key stakeholders and fix the $200 billion per year hiring industry.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a small and fast-growing startup, transforming an industry with powerful and easy to use products customers love. As an early employee you'll have tons of ownership, a big impact on product, a say in our values, and opportunities to tremendously accelerate your career growth.
We're building a remote team and looking for the best individuals - no matter where you are. All we require is a reliable internet connection and passion for building an amazing company.
What We’re Looking For
Generalist is too specific a term for you. Back end, front end, database design, infra - you've done it all. Building products end to end is where you shine - you don't like being constrained by titles. You can code the full stack and have built products end to end. You’re comfortable building web apps. If you don't know something, you learn what's needed to get the job done. You want to build something people want. You're product minded and have user empathy.
What We Value
At Interview Schedule we believe in ownership and accountability, challenging the status quo, nothing is “not my job”, having empathy, being direct, and being honest.
As engineers we believe in picking the right tool for the job, balancing technical excellence with pragmatism, having strong opinions weakly held, and attacking ideas not people.
What We Offer
- Autonomy, impact, and ownership. As an early employee you’ll shape the product direction and company values.
- Competitive salary and significant equity in a fast growing, early stage startup.
- Remote employment - work where you want, when you want.
- Generous vacation policy - take time whenever you need to recharge. Building a lasting company is a marathon, not a sprint.
- Top-notch healthcare, dental, and vision coverage.
- Life and disability insurance.
- Annual company retreat - helps build camaraderie as a remote team.
- Computer and home office setup - we'll buy anything you need to do your best work.
- Continuing education allowance - learn what you want, when you want.
Apply now and work remotely at Interview Schedule
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Job type: Full-time
Role: Full-Stack Developer
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Industry: Cryptocurrency, Cybersecurity, Network Security, Blockchain
Company size: 11-50 people
Location: San Diego, CA, San Juan, Puerto Rico, Tokyo, Japan or Remote
Join the Swarm
At Swarm Technologies, Inc, we're developing innovative solutions to age-old information security problems - and we need your help.
At its core, PolySwarm is market design enabled by Ethereum smart contracts. We are programming a market that will produce crowdsourced threat intelligence (malware detection today, more tomorrow).
Blockchain experience not required!
We're operating in a very new industry and we're prepared to bring candidates up to speed! Few sectors are hot as blockchain right now - talk about professional growth
No one has done this before. We'll get things wrong - and that's okay! With your help, we'll get fewer things wrong, identify mistakes earlier, and improve processes to prevent future missteps.
You're in on the ground floor - you'll have a say in what we do and how we do it. By joining Swarm Technologies, you'll be joining a dynamic team on the bleeding edge of information (computer) security and blockchain - answering questions few have thought to ask.
If you're interested in
- technical challenges that cannot be solved via iteration
- blockchain (Ethereum smart contracts in particular)
- information security
- malware reverse engineering automation
- market design (a la Who Gets What and Why by Alvin Roth)
- software development
- unknown unknowns
then we're interested in you!
The Ideal Candidate Is:
- independently motivated & self-directing
- introspective: able to identify weak spots / problem areas our existing processes or code and suggest / implement solutions
- takes an interest in information security topics - huge props for capture the flag (CTF) participation!
- enjoys developing software
At Swarm Technologies, you'll tackle both big-picture and tactical problems, the following are a few examples.
Example Big-Picture Problems
The Ethereum block time leaves a lot to be desired for a marketplace that intends to supplant millions of malware scans a day.
How do we best reconcile millions of scans daily with a 15 second block time and today's block size limits?
In sum: PolySwarm must scale and must support scanning artifacts (files) that may contain confidential information. How do we best reconcile these needs with a default-public, Proof-of-Work Ethereum ecosystem?
Example Tactical Problem
PolySwarm is a twist on a prediction market - where security experts attempt to "predict" whether a file / URL or network traffic is malicious or benign. Alongside their prediction ("assertion"), experts "stake" a configurable amount of Nectar (NCT), PolySwarm's crypto token.
Suppose Expert A is lazy and Expert B is a hardworking, upstanding security expert. It would be bad if Expert A was able to simply duplicate the assertions coming from Expert B, exploiting Expert B's hard work for profit. If assertions are placed directly on the public Ethereum blockchain, Expert A can do exactly that.
How can we design a system that keeps the assertion secret (so Expert B is out of luck) until some configured time, after which assertions are revealed and payouts distributed appropriately?
The Ideal Candidate possesses demonstrable experience in some or all of these technologies.
PolySwarm employs the following tools & languages:
Docker (+ Swarm, Services, Stack)
Kubernetes (+ Helm)
Refer to our GitHub for examples of our usage: https://github.com/polyswarm
- Competitive salaries
- Excellent health, dental, vision coverage
- Paid vacation days
- Travel (if you like). We have offices in San Diego, Puerto Rico and Tokyo and we often find ourselves travelling elsewhere. If travel interests you, we can scratch that itch.
- Flexible work hours - outside of scheduled meetings, we don't care when you work, we care about your output.
- Powerful servers, laptops, desktops - whatever you need to be most productive!
Apply now and work remotely at PolySwarm