Senior Full-stack Engineer (Python, JS)
About the role
Draftable API is our cloud API service for comparing documents, powered by our world-class Draftable technology. It is one of our two main products. Over the last year, we’ve been experiencing strong growth and we are now looking for an excellent generalist to join our team.
You will be the technical lead for Draftable API and oversee much of web infrastructure. You will be working with our Product Lead and other team members to prioritize and build features.
You will spend at least 80% of your time thinking about how to implement things and writing code.
- You have 5+ years of experience with Python (Django, Django REST Framework).
- You have at least a year of experience with React.
- You are independent and self-reliant. You are happy working on a task by yourself but you will take initiative to involve other team members when necessary.
- You have a strong awareness of efficiency and computer science fundamentals (but you don’t need to know this stuff cold like a grad).
- You appreciate the importance of clear communication, especially in a remote role.
We understand you have a life outside work and we will respect your non-working and family time. We expect engineers to work a full-time load of 40 hours per week (and no more) and to be very productive during that time.
Our team is mostly remote (5 in Melbourne, 2 in Poland, and a few travelling the world). And we prefer working with remote engineers, but we’re also open to welcoming you into our Melbourne office.
You will have flexibility to schedule your work around your other obligations but you will usually work at a fixed time. If your work hours don’t have much overlap with Australian business hours, you will need to be flexible with scheduling meetings late at night or early in the morning.
Our service is very stable and we haven’t had any critical incidents that required urgent attention over the last year.
About our culture
We’re easy-going and easy to work with. We’re developer-led and have a flat structure. We are collaborative, and we expect you to take an active role in evolving our engineering culture. We like writing things down. We love Slack.
We launch things as soon as they’re ready. We do things right the first time, even if it takes a little longer. We don’t have much technical debt. From time to time we promise a feature to customer, but we otherwise don’t have many external deadlines.
Some things you might be doing in your first few months
- Adding a new end-point to Draftable API
- Build an admin interface for internal staff
- Get our integration tests running inside docker
- Build a marketing sign-up page for our website that pipes form data through to Salesforce
- Work with our product lead to add a feature to our comparison viewer
About our technical stack
We have a fairly standard tech stack: Python (Django, Celery, SaltStack), React, PostgreSQL, Redis and RabbitMQ. Our frontend is JS, react, CSS, HTML.
Our core algorithms and products are written in .NET (mostly C# with some F# and some C++). In this role, it’s not intended that you will contribute to the core technology.
Apply now and work remotely at DraftableApply
Full-stack Software Engineer
Fraym is a geospatial data company that uses proprietary machine learning algorithms to deliver precise, local-level information about people in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. The company helps fast-growing companies, government agencies, and development organizations succeed in places where data has been traditionally hard to access. Fraym’s granular data adds an entirely new dimension to strategic and operational planning discussions, and answers questions like, ‘where are my target populations?’, ‘where is the greatest need for program intervention’, and ‘what services are they interested in?’.
We are looking for a mid-level full-stack Software Engineer with a knack for quality design and usability to join our Product Delivery team.
Apply now and work remotely at FraymApply
Engineering Manager, Mobile
Doximity is transforming the healthcare industry. Our mission is to help doctors be more productive, informed, and connected. As an Engineering Manager, you'll work within cross-functional delivery teams alongside other engineers, designers, and product managers in building software to help improve healthcare.
We put mobile first. We have built and maintain a suite of fully-native iOS and Android apps that healthcare professionals use on a daily basis to increase productivity and provide better patient care.
We have just released our brand new flagship iOS and Android apps! Both apps were re-designed and re-architected from the ground up, with an entirely new code base written 100% in Swift and Kotlin respectively. Click here to see more information about our stack.
We have a team of 12 engineers and several interesting projects in the pipeline. We are looking for an Engineering Manager with hands-on experience as a mobile software engineer working in either iOS or Android platforms. You will work alongside project managers and tech leads for the mobile teams, you will report directly to the VP, Engineering.
- Here are some of the ways we bring value to doctors
- Our mobile applications are written primarily in Swift and Kotlin, see more details
- Our data engineering stack run on Python, MySQL, Spark, and Airflow
- Our production application stack is hosted on AWS and we deploy to production on average 50 times per day
- We have over 350 private repositories in Github containing our applications, forks of gems, our own internal gems, and open-source projects
- We have worked as a distributed team for a long time; we're currently about 65% distributed
- Find out more information on the Doximity engineering blog
- Our company core values
- Our recruiting process
- Our product development cycle
- Our on-boarding & mentorship process
How you’ll make an impact:
- You'll aid in the recruiting, on-boarding, mentorship, growth, and ongoing efficacy of the mobile team.
- You'll collaborate with a team of product managers, designers, QA, and engineers to drive mobile projects from beginning-to-end
- You'll be included in decision-making and will weigh in on balancing factors like scope, complexity, and timing
What we’re looking for:
- You are a hands-on manager, able to lead software engineers by example
- You have managed small teams before, and you are passionate about their well-being, and optimizing software engineering models
- You have recruited, on-boarded, trained and managed software engineers before
- You have worked with Product teams on delivering production level software loved by a large audience
- Knowledgeable in any of the following: Swift, Objective-C, Kotlin, or Java
- Knowledgeable on Functional Reactive Programming
- You have at least 5 years of professional experience developing software for the iOS or Android platform
- You have strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, memory management, concurrency
- You have a disciplined approach to development: you consistently write unit tests, document your code, and follow team processes
- Given a UI design, you can propose API endpoints and responses for the optimal mobile experience
- You put security first, with a deep understanding of mobile vulnerabilities and how to protect our apps against them
- You are passionate about mobile applications and you stay on top of the latest iOS or Android news
- You are a problem solver and are on the lookout for ways to improve the code, the processes, and the team
- If remote, you can maintain a minimum of 5 hours overlap with 9:30 to 5:30 PM PST
- You can dedicate about 18 days per year for travel to company events
Benefits & Perks
- Unlimited Discretionary Time Off
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, vision, dental, Life/ADD, 401k, flex spending accounts, commuter benefits, equipment budget, and continuous education budget
- Pre-IPO stock incentives
- A great SoMA office if working from SF, and a thriving distributed team if working remotely
- .. and much more! For a full list, see our career page
**About Doximity **
We’re thrilled to be named the Fastest Growing Company in the Bay Area, and one of [Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies.](https://www.fastcompany.com/most-innovative-companies/2018/sectors/social-media Joining Doximity means being part of an incredibly talented and humble team. We work on amazing products that over 70% of US doctors (and over one million healthcare professionals) use to make their busy lives a little easier. We’re driven by the goal of improving inefficiencies in our $3.5 trillion U.S. healthcare system and love creating technology that has a real, meaningful impact on people’s lives. To learn more about our team, culture, and users, check out our careers page, company blog, and engineering blog. We’re growing fast, and there’s plenty of opportunities for you to make an impact—join us!
Doximity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Apply now and work remotely at Doximity
Full Stack Software Engineer (JS)
/Data is the leading research company in the developer economy: We help the world understand developers and developers understand the world. We survey 40,000+ developers annually - across mobile, IoT, desktop, cloud AR/VR and machine learning - to help clients such as Microsoft, Facebook, Google and Amazon understand who developers are, what tools they love or hate and where they are going next.
We’re now looking for a full-time Software Engineer to help drive data and visual insights out of millions of developer data points. The position is full time, either remote or based in our Athens office (if you happen to live near), we will also consider locations within 2-3 hours of Central European Time.
Apply now and work remotely at SlashData
SURGE is looking for smart, self-motivated, experienced, senior automated test engineers who enjoy the freedom of telecommuting and flexible schedules, to work as long-term, consistent (40 hrs/week) independent contractors on a variety of software development projects.
Must be located in the US or Canada to be considered for this role. Sorry, No Visas.
For immediate consideration, email resume with tech stack under each job and include your full name, cell phone number, email address and start date.
Apply now and work remotely at Surge