Ruby/Rails + Vue JS Engineer (AUD$100k)
- 2+ years experience with Ruby/Rails
- experience writing unit and integration tests against both of these things
- experience working in a remote team
- experience using modern PHP
- a keen eye for design
- send us an email and tell us a bit about your experience and what you're looking for, as well as your CV and/or code examples, github link and anything else you think we might find interesting
- quick technical chat with someone you'd be working with in our team
- quick chat with our CTO
- if we all want to move forward, we'll offer you a small paid project closing a ticket on our real codebase
- remote first, fully distributed team
- (almost) fully asynchronous development process with as much automation as possible
- small, laidback team
- no standups, ever
Compensation: AUD$70-100k based on experience
Apply now and work remotely at PropertyNow
Mid-senior Full-stack Rails developer
- One main Rails app, 2 other service apps (not microservices), and some Lambda.
- Thousands of paying customers and approximately 100 million users.
- Current stack: Rails, Postgres, Ubuntu, Redis, AngularJS, Nginx, Puma, Elastic search, Webpack, Yarn
- Moving towards CitusDB and Vue.js
- CI with test coverage > 75%
- App itself is for people to run competitions, rewards, galleries, and lead capture (name/email forms)
- Work anywhere you like. Our team is spread across Australia, Bulgaria, Bali, Canada, Portugal, Russia, Serbia, Thailand, Ukraine, and the USA.
- Arrange your time to suit you. As long as you're doing the time, 'when' is up to you.
- We encourage you to work on side projects for fun and profit.
- Only a handful of meetings per year.
- No us-and-them with remote workers. Everyone is remote.
- Co-working space, if you want one.
- Open salaries.
- We run a yearly retreat. 2017 was Spain for 10 nights. 2018 is Thailand. If you don't want to, that's fine too.
Two co-founders based in Australia and 14 other people.
Mostly developers (9 of the 16).
Bootstrapped and profitable (i.e. no VC/runway death clock).
Company started 10 years ago. Current app is ~6 years old.
Firstly, don't be an asshole. Beyond that, you do you.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Apply now and work remotely at Gleam.io