Front end Developer
Who is Forestreet?
Forestreet is a fast growing startup revolutionising how companies engage with innovation and technology. Building solutions utilising the latest AI and data technologies we are proud to list some of the most well-known brands as our customers.
Forestreet is in the process of being certified as a B Corporation. B Corporation businesses meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance. B Corps are accelerating a global culture shift to redefine success in business and build a more inclusive and sustainable economy.
What will you do at Forestreet?
Forestreet is looking for a junior / mid-level, self-motivated front-end engineer to join our growing team. We’re looking for someone who has a passion for front-end development and design, appreciates code quality and has a willingness to learn.
Your responsibilities as a front-end engineer include:
- Work closely with a small, dynamic team to build exciting new products and platforms within the data-science field.
- Develop web apps using a modern technology stack, using tools such as React, ES6, and Webpack.
- Hone and apply your UX design skills to wireframe new views and features in our products.
- Present these wireframes to key stakeholders at Forestreet to gather requirements and iterate on your designs.
- Deploy and manage web-apps inside AWS.
- Adhere to best practices to write clean, extensible code.
Who are you?
As a key early member of the team, you will be successful in this position if you:
- Have some experience building web applications in React.
- Have used TypeScript before.
- Understand REST principles and have experience consuming REST APIs.
- Have tinkered with AWS, GCP, Heroku, or DigitalOcean before.
- Have the drive to bring new products and ideas to market quickly, a willingness to experiment and take risks, and a desire to work in a tight-knit, dynamic, collaborative environment
- Are a great communicator, and able to communicate technical terms and understandings well within a team.
- Willing and able to work remotely and feel confident using video chat.
United Kingdom - Temporarily Remote due to COVID-19.
Once Covid restrictions lift (2021), a travel allowance will be provided to attend fortnightly team meetings (location tbd) and monthly all-Forestreet meetings in London.
Apply now and work remotely at Forestreet