Full Stack Developer
We are searching for the right full stack developer to join Belighted in its mission to design and build extraordinary products for software innovators. Your work will provide the foundation for emerging new technologies, and you’ve got the drive to make a difference. Contribute to and grow with a high-caliber team that takes pride in excellence.
Belighted helps software innovators grow their vision from idea to success. Founded in 2008 and headquartered in Belgium, we have helped fuel the growth of dozens of companies across Belgium, France, Luxembourg, Germany and the United Kingdom.
We work with software businesses to design and build products on the frontlines of innovation. Excellence is at the core of all we do at Belighted, from our work building software products we are proud of, to respect for each other as individuals. We come together as a team to create extraordinary things - we are proud of what we accomplish every day and how we do it.
Our culture reflects our focus on quality and innovation. We demand quality in our work output, and we take pride and satisfaction in our services. A culture of quality shows in our relationships and our lives, as we strive for trust and transparency, empathy and team spirit, and the balance of work and life with flexibility and respect for the individual.
We believe in changing the status quo and improving the quality of life for fellow humans with software. Come join us on our journey of self-actualization and lifelong learning.
As a Belighted full stack developer, you will:
- Work on customer and internal projects under the supervision of a project manager in an agile environment
- Implement applications according to specifications and do code reviews
- Write unit and integration tests
- Contribute to the functional specifications of applications
- Be autonomous but also work in small teams of 2 - 7 people
- Participate in weekly progress meetings with the customer and daily discussions on our project management tools
- Explain your work and decisions to the customer
- Directly contribute to the company culture and be involved in its success and growth
You have 3+ years proven experience with ReactJS, Vue.js and Ruby on Rails
Test-driven development is a plus
You are open to learning other languages and technologies
You have great product design, UX and UI sensibility
You are fluent in English (French is a plus), you work well in a team and you are a great communicator
You have great presentation skills
You are proficient with Jira and Slack
You are open-minded and startup-minded
You understand business value
You are passionate about open source technologies
Apply now and work remotely at Belighted
Senior Software Engineer
Are you passionate about building tools that have an immediate impact on your customers?
Do you have a thirst for breaking down complex, interesting initiatives into scalable code?
Do you thrive when you're contributing to a high-performing, humble team?
Do you love walking home from work knowing that you empowered other developers, delivered value to your customers, and got to work on some gnarly code — all in the same day?
Amazing, then you’re the type of person we’re looking for!
At Jungle Scout, we are on a mission to empower entrepreneurs to be successful Amazon sellers. We work hard, keep it real and do it all for our customers by providing industry-leading tools, education and content.
We’re growing and we are looking to add a Senior Software Engineer to our fast-paced and customer-oriented Engineering team. This will be a remote position preferably in Poland but we are open to hiring the right talent remote anywhere in Eastern Europe.
Interested in learning more? Let’s get into the details:
What you will be doing:
- Architect and build. First and foremost, you will be building and architecting new web applications and microservices that are required, as well as creating new features on our existing applications.
- Make recommendations. You will play an active role in the way we make decisions around technologies to be used for new applications and improvements on existing applications
- Scale, maintain, and improve. As we continue to grow, you’ll anticipate challenges before they happen by maintaining existing codebases and system infrastructures, as well as enhancing the development, staging and production environments of our applications.
- Participate and contribute. You’ll have an active hand in code reviews, as well as in project planning and management. You’ll also provide input for ongoing improvement of engineering practices and procedures.
- Passionate mentor. We are firm believers in knowledge sharing and supporting team development. You will coach junior and intermediate developers on programming and infrastructure best practices.
If you are thinking “heck yeah!”, please read on….
Who you are:
- Master classer. We’re looking for someone who crushes it when it comes to deploying and managing staging and production environments on Heroku and AWS.
- AWS Cloud Guru: 4+ years experience working with some subset of AWS services, such as: EC2, RDS, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, ElasticBeanstalk, Lambda, Cloudwatch, SQS, Kinesis and SNS
- Fluent in English. You’re ready to dive in and communicate easily with our North American teams.
- Remote-friendly. You’re comfortable working with a remote team, and familiar with the tools and technologies to make magic happen without the facetime.
Who we are:
Jungle Scout is the leading all-in-one tool for selling on Amazon, with the mission of providing powerful data and insights to help entrepreneurs and brands grow successful Amazon businesses.
The Jungle Scout team is a group of smart, motivated, and fun-loving professionals working hard to help our customers achieve success. We have 145+ team members around the world, including in our headquarters in Austin, TX, and offices in Vancouver, BC and Shenzhen, China.
Apply now and work remotely at Jungle ScoutApply
Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer
Are you an Engineer looking to create something that will change the way people think about innovation? Do you want to work with cutting-edge visualization, collaboration, and social ideation technologies at the same time?
As a Lead Engineer at Aha!, you will have an excellent opportunity to join a self-funded and profitable company that is growing fast. Aha! was founded by a proven team of experts. More than 300,000 users worldwide trust our roadmap software to build products customers love.
Apply now and work remotely at Aha!
Freelance Backend Developer â Remote
Design your lifestyle as a top freelance developer, with the freedom to work however, wherever, on your terms.
Freelance work is defining the careers of today’s developers in exciting new ways. If you’re passionate about working flexibly with leading Fortune 500 brands and innovative Silicon Valley startups, Toptal could be a great fit for your next career shift.
Toptal is an elite talent network for the world’s top 3% of developers, connecting the best and brightest freelancers with top organizations. Unlike a 9-to-5 job, you’ll choose your own schedule and work from anywhere. Jobs come to you, so you won’t bid for projects against other developers in a race to the bottom. Plus, Toptal takes care of all the overhead, empowering you to focus on successful engagements while getting paid on time, at the rate you decide, every time.
As a freelance developer, you could join an ever-expanding community of experts in over 120 countries, working remotely on the projects that meet your career ambitions.
That’s why the world’s top 3% of developers choose Toptal. Developers in our elite network share:
English language proficiency
3+ years of professional experience
Project management skills
A keen attention to detail
If you’re interested in becoming part of the Toptal network, take the next step by clicking apply and filling out the short form: https://topt.al/k4cbR4
Apply now and work remotely at Toptal
SalonInteractive is a still-small but rapidly growing startup in the Health & Beauty eCommerce space. We provide an extremely easy way for salons to sell product online by linking them directly to distributors around the US. You could think of it as an out-of-the-box ready platform for dropshipping, but it's more complex in terms of both code and partnerships than that makes it sound. The complexity gives us interesting problems to work on in the near term, and makes the business defensible in the long term.
Our current goals can be summed up simply: provide a more modern, more beautiful, more streamlined experience for all of our partners, of which there are many. Salons, stylists, consumers, distributors, brands, us (SalonInteractive), and more. We are accomplishing this goal by redesigning and rearchitecting much our core application. It's an exciting time.
We want to deliver a product that is high quality inside and out. One that helps our partners capitalize on real opportunities, and gives us flexibility to meet the as-yet-unknown needs of the future. To this end, the engineering team works closely with stakeholders to combine their understanding of problems and opportunities with our understanding of engineering to craft effective solutions.
This is a hands-on, fully-remote programming position. You'll be working on our Ruby on Rails based eCommerce platform backend, as well as the Tailwind/AlpineJS frontend. The core technologies you’ll be working with—and need to be familiar for success in this role—are Ruby, HTML, CSS, and JS.
We have a large number of high-impact projects planned for the platform. You'll work closely with the CTO, our existing development team, and other stakeholders both within the company and outside of it to understand needs and develop solutions. Your responsibilities will include designing, developing and deploying code to best serve our customers and partners.
As mentioned before, we have quite a bit of work planned for the next few months, so an ideal applicant will be ready to hit the ground running. Despite the amount of work we have, we strive to minimize context switching—if you’re on a project, you shouldn’t expect to be bombarded with unrelated tweaks on other projects here and there though—as with any company—it does happen to some extent.
We're a small but quickly growing post-revenue startup. As one of the early hires, there is opportunity for this to be a high impact position. An appropriately ambitious individual will have huge opportunity to lay the groundwork of the company's future.
Some Notes on Culture
Here are some of our values. They’re always being refined based on what works and what doesn’t.
- We value clear, concise communication.
- Ask questions. You can only produce high quality work if you have a clear understanding of the problem and the constraints.
- Context—understanding our partners and their stakeholders—empowers individual contributors to find better solutions.
- Free up time for interesting problems by automating repeatable tasks and learning your tools inside and out.
- No process for process’ sake. No meetings for meetings’ sake. But we respect that there is a place for both.
- Individual productivity is important, and hugely dependent on a minimally distracting, supportive environment.
Apply now and work remotely at SalonInteractive