Come help us build the future of software engineer hiring!
Triplebyte is on a mission to create a more just tech industry by fixing hiring for software engineers. This is important because millions of people have skills (and deserve good jobs), but don’t fit the profile that recruiters seek. We aim to cut out that noise by matching opportunities to people who have the skills to succeed in them - regardless of their background. Companies from stealth-startups to global brands source and hire engineers from Triplebyte.
Over the course of 2020, we've executed well on a major pivot in our business strategy amidst a global pandemic and economic recession. Now, we're emerging from the pandemic stronger than ever. We have plenty of runway, we've been outperforming on sales / renewals, and we're excited to ramp up on our favorite activity, hiring software engineers, again.''
We have an all star list of investors, some of which include: Garry Tan, Sam Altman, Paul Graham, Justin Kan, Drew Houston and Michael Seibel just to name a few.
- Proficiency in Ruby, Ruby on Rails (at least 3 years of experience)
- Great communication skills in English
- Ability to quickly process new information and apply it in different contexts
- Ability to communicate efficiently with both technical and non-technical team members
- Self-discipline, ability to work independently, high motivation
- Working at least between the hours of 10am-2pm PST Mon-Fri (a minimum commitment of at least 20 hours a week)
Nice to haves:
- Experience working with Heroku
- Experience working with AWS
- Experience working with Redis
- Experience working with Elastic Search / Algolia
- Working at least between the hours of 9am-5pm PST Mon-Fri (there is a potential for working more than 20 hours a week)
- Implement new features based on customer requests
- Fix problems reported by customers
- Monitor and fix production bugs
- Participate in sales process by responding to tech/security related questions
Even if your experience doesn’t match all of the above requirements, we invite you to apply anyway. We recognize that talent comes in different forms. Our business is matching engineers with their next great opportunity, regardless of background. We apply the same ethos to our internal hiring. We're looking for a team member with enthusiasm and the ability to do the job, not a perfect resume.
Apply now and work remotely at Triplebyte
Front End Full Stack Engineer
LeadSimple is a motivated team solving big problems in the property management industry. Bootstrapped since 2013, we're profitable and growing. The team is passionate about helping small businesses simplify growth and streamline operations. We're proud to provide the leading CRM in our space.
- Ruby on Rails
- GraphQL (Relay)
- CI / Deployment:
- Docker Compose
- Project Management
- Github with Zenhub for kanban
- Canny for roadmap
- Slack, Zoom, VSCode Live Share for collaboration
We're currently a team of 20 and growing, working remotely across 6 time zones, connecting via Slack and Zoom throughout the day.
We value work/life balance and work at a sane pace (40 hour weeks), Monday - Friday. We maintain 2-3 hours of overlap with US Pacific Time, to ease collaboration.
Customer impact drives priorities across the organization. Our Success and Product teams work closely with end users on a daily basis, using their feedback to refine our roadmap and assist Engineering in creating an exceptional product.
We're looking for 1-2 motivated and productive team members to accelerate product efforts. We're open to mid or senior roles.
You have a solid understanding of engineering concepts, are able to master our tech stack, tools and processes, and become a productive contributor to new feature development.
- Solid experience one or more of our other core technologies: React, Typescript, RelayJS, GraphQL, Ruby on Rails
- Taking well-scoped components to completion within a reasonable time frame
- Great communicator, asks questions, explains themselves, open to feedback
- Proficient learner and problem solver
- Cares for the end-user (see The Product-Minded Engineer)
Senior Software Engineer
You are a rock-solid engineer with mastery of at least one domain. You can own technical design for projects of moderate complexity, understand trade-offs, debug systems in your domain, and write high quality code while getting a lot done. You're collaborative and an active contributor to product discovery conversations.
- Considerable experience with 3 or more of our core technologies: React, Typescript, RelayJS, GraphQL, Ruby on Rails
- Experience translating complex user stories into detailed requirements
- Highly productive, moves fast without breaking things
- Great collaborator, takes initiative, asks questions, explains themselves, open to feedback
- Proficient learner and problem solver
- Cares for the end-user (see The Product-Minded Engineer)
All positions offer the following benefits:
- Early Off Fridays (every other Friday afternoon off)
- 2 Weeks Paid Vacation + 6 local holidays
- Healthcare Allowance
- Vacation Allowance
- Complete our application.
- We'll review it and let you know how we'd like to review some of your work (either via Github or a short coding assessment).
- We'll reach out to schedule a 30 minute call, and ask for references.
- Selected candidates will proceed to a 90 minute technical interview.
- If everything looks good, we'll arrange to speak with some of your references, and follow up with an offer.
If you take pride in your work, enjoy shaping real products and want to hone your craft, we'd love to hear from you!
Apply now and work remotely at LeadSimple
Rainforest QA is an on-demand QA solution. It’s our mission to enable development teams to deliver bug-free software while moving at the speed of continuous delivery. We are truly a global team, allowing us to bring together the best and most diverse talent. Our commitment to the distributed team model and to our company values has earned us multiple culture and workplace awards and helped us build a diverse team of individuals working toward the same goal: change the way QA is done.
Senior Engineer (Frontend)
As a Senior Engineer at Rainforest QA you'll be part of an experienced and diverse team with members all over the world.
We were built as a distributed team from the beginning and we've committed to implementing tools and processes that allow for and support continuous and effective communication across the world.
What you'll do
- Work on the Rainforest QA dashboard, our single page application where users manage their test suite, configure test runs, review results and set up their account
- Work on our tester application, where our crowd of testers connect to our virtual machine infrastructure to conduct tests and submit their results
- Work on internal tooling to improve the development experience of other engineers and ship faster and safer
- Collaborate with product managers and our customer facing teams to analyze customer problems and design high impact features
- Lead projects to implement those features
- Help other team members to achieve their goals
- Continuously learn about new technologies and ways to solve problems
- Work with our customer facing teams to triage, troubleshoot, and fix bugs
- Write unit and integration tests (using our own product!) to ship high quality software
What we’re looking for
- Extensive experience in React (or equivalent framework / libraries) and be extremely knowledgeable of the framework and associated ecosystem
- Experience in writing and maintaining CSS for large projects
- Enthusiasm with building web applications using modern tools like ES7, React, Redux, CSS Modules, Flow, and Webpack - amongst others
- Practical experience of working on a Ruby on Rails codebase
- Even though this position is mainly frontend focused, we expect you to have some grasp of the whole stack to be able to effectively communicate with engineers across the team, and can make backend or infrastructure changes when the situation calls for it
- Professional experience in engineering SaaS products
- Experience leading projects with teams
- An ownership mindset: you should look not only at what you’re asked to do, but ask why you’re doing it and how it impacts on the rest of the product, our customers, and whether it makes sense. We expect you to be responsible for your work and to resolve any bugs you might ship
- Excitement to learn
- Excellent communication skills and able to give and receive constructive feedback
- Happy to review code and have your code reviewed
- Can work effectively remotely with remote team members (we are a fully distributed company)
- Comfortable working in a large codebase with many stakeholders
Identify with our company values
- No BS, No Ego: We are radically candid with each other in every interaction. This means a lack of politics, a lack of showboating, a lack of BS. This also means brevity, clarity of thought, and clarity of communication. We give and take feedback without ego, with the knowledge that we all are operating with good intent. No ego is the check system to balance no BS and keep it kind. No ad-hominem attacks.
- 1% better every day: Continuous improvement is what motivates us. We design our product, our organization and our careers to be continually improving. Mistakes are only bad if they are repeated. Experiments are only wasted if they are not learned from.
- Own the journey: We are all owners. We demand that of each other. The journey we own is threefold: our customers’ journey, our company’s journey and our personal journey. Our reason for existence is to nail our customer journey, so that we can scale our company’s success.
How we'll reward you
- Flexible, remote work options
- Competitive salary with equity.
- A locally-adjusted weekly allowance for lunches.
- A locally-adjusted monthly allowance for remote office supplies or personal development.
- Unlimited paid-time off.
- 3 offsites per year: every ~4 months we arrange an offsite for the whole company to get together so we can get to know our colleagues better and understand what we need to do. The location is ever changing, so you will get to see some new places! (currently on-hold due to COVID-19)
United States Residents Only:
- 100% medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage. 75% for dependents.
- Voluntary 401k program.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At Rainforest QA we believe that diverse teams improve our business. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply now and work remotely at Rainforest QA
Senior Staff Engineer
Shopify is the leading omni-channel commerce platform. Merchants use Shopify to design, set up, and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including mobile, web, social media, marketplaces, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. The platform also provides merchants with a powerful back-office and a single view of their business, from payments to shipping. The Shopify platform was engineered for reliability and scale, making enterprise-level technology available to businesses of all sizes.
Our Data Platform Engineering group builds and maintains the platform that delivers accessible data to power decision-making at Shopify for over a million merchants. We’re hiring high-impact developers across teams:
- The Engine group organizes all merchant and Shopify data into our data lake in highly-optimized formats for fast query processing, and maintaining the security + quality of our datasets.
- The Analytics group builds products that leverage the Engine primitives to deliver simple and useful products that power scalable transformation of data at Shopify in batch, or streaming, or for machine learning. This group is focused on making it really simple for our users to answer three questions: What happened in the past? What is happening now? And, what will happen in the future?
- The Data Experiences group builds end-user experiences for experimentation, data discovery, and business intelligence reporting.
- The Reliability group operates the data platform efficiently in a consistent and reliable manner. They build tools for other teams at Data Platform to leverage to encourage consistency and they champion reliability across the platform.
While our teams value specialized skills, they've also got a lot in common. We're looking for a(n):
- High-energy self-starter with experience and passion for data and big data scale processing. You enjoy working in fast-paced environments and love making an impact.
- Exceptional communicator with the ability to translate technical concepts into easy to understand language for our stakeholders.
- Excitement for working with a remote team; you value collaborating on problems, asking questions, delivering feedback, and supporting others in their goals whether they are in your vicinity or entire cities apart.
- Solid software engineer: experienced in building and maintaining systems at scale.
A Senior Data Developer at Shopify typically has 4-6 years of experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Working with the internals of a distributed compute engine (Spark, Presto, DBT, or Flink/Beam)
- Query optimization, resource allocation and management, and data lake performance (Presto, SQL)
- Cloud infrastructure (Google Cloud, Kubernetes, Terraform)
- Security products and methods (Apache Ranger, Apache Knox, OAuth, IAM, Kerberos)
- Deploying and scaling ML solutions using open-source frameworks (MLFlow, TFX, H2O, etc.)
- Building full-stack applications (Ruby/Rails, React, TypeScript)
- Background and practical experience in statistics and/or computational mathematics (Bayesian and Frequentist approaches, NumPy, PyMC3, etc.)
- Modern Big-Data storage technologies (Iceberg, Hudi, Delta)
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Apply now and work remotely at ShopifyApply