Fancy earning extra cash reviewing code challenge submissions from any location?
We pay you £25 for each code challenge you review (30 minutes review time). You can do as many or as few as you want per week.
Please read some comments made by our reviewers on Quora here
We pay you via Transferwise, Revolut or Payoneer at the end of the month (unless you are in the UK, in which case we bank via bank transfer).
To become part of the team you just need to register with us at Geektastic and take some code challenges. These are reviewed by our expert team (we need to know how great you are :))
Once you are part of the distributed team you will then be notified on our Slack channel when a new challenge is ready to be reviewed.
Feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions
Apply now and work remotely at Geektastic
Fullstack engineer (React.js/Scala)
OUR TECH STACK
- Language: latest TypeScript
- Foundation: React, react-router
- State management: Strongly typed custom react hooks
- Styling: css-in-js (Emotion)
- Bundling: Webpack
- Packaging: Docker
- Testing: Jest
- Quality: tslint, Prettier
- Language: Scala
- Foundation: akka, akka-streams, (some lagom)
- Data storage: MongoDB, PostgreSQL, S3
- Packaging: Docker
- Testing: scalatest
- Quality: scalafmt
- Organization: microservices
- Source code management: GitHub
- Continuous integration: Drone CI
- Provider: Digital Ocean
- Orchestration: Kubernetes
- Workflow: Continous deployment
We work in small cross-functional teams that usually consist of 3 developers, a designer, and a product manager. You’ll be part of the whole feature development lifecycle. You’ll see all the customer feedback and will be encouraged to come up with your ideas or objections.
You'll join a diverse and talented team, with plenty of opportunities for personal growth, impact, and learning.
- A steep learning curve. Take responsibilities as big as you can handle.
- Competitive compensation based on prior experience.
- Permanent contract and flexible working hours (incl. home office).
- MacBook Pro or notebook and monitor of your choice.
- Free snacks and drinks.
- Team events, such as happy hours, off-sites, and retreats.
- Language lessons.
- Relocation Package for foreign (non German) candidates relocating to Hamburg.
At airfocus, we're reimagining the way teams make decisions. From how they prioritize their never-ending list of features, ideas, and projects to how they create beautiful yet effective roadmaps, the work we do is shaping the future of collaboration and strategy. To get there, we’ve brought together a collective of optimists and doers to tackle challenges along this ride. We believe in learning by doing – and that there is no better classroom than real-world experience.
We strive for product excellence, a superior user experience, and great storytelling because we believe those are the best ways to create value for our customers and employees. Our team is made up of talented individuals who are highly motivated to grow our company and themselves – and have fun in the process.
Join us and help shape an amazing company. From Hamburg, or wherever you best get stuff done.
Apply now and work remotely at airfocus