Senior Full Stack Engineer
Have you ever been part of a hyper-growth startup?
We're an e-commerce startup with a successful Shopify application, looking for a full-stack developer with solid knowledge of Vue.js. The position is aimed at experienced software engineers who're interested in joining a vibrant startup in the long term.
Our product is live and growing fast. We're actively developing the core platform, adding new features, and updating our cloud infrastructure. If you join us, expect to make software design decisions, craft new components from scratch, and refactor existing code to perfection.
We're building a fully remote team that follows the example of companies such as Basecamp, Buffer, and Automattic. We are a global team that speaks English, Russian, and Hebrew. To ensure sufficient time overlap with the engineering team, the position is open to EU time zones only.
- 4 years or more employed as a full-stack developer
- 2 years or more building web applications in Vue.js
- 1 year or more employed fully remotely by international companies
- Experience in developing apps for Shopify, familiar with the platform concepts and API
- Interested in joining a company as a fully-remote team member in the long term
Bonus points - if you have experience with:
- Deploying microservices with Kubernetes on Amazon EKS or Google GKE
- Nest.js or other web frameworks in the Node.js ecosystem
- Django web framework and Python
What you get
- Experience working in a global, fully-remote startup in its most exciting early stages.
- Contribute to a fast-growing product with millions of users.
- Gain critical knowledge about the Shopify eco-system and the e-commerce world in general.
- Practice continuous delivery to a live production environment.
- Employee stock options plan (starting from 2022)
Our frontend stack contains Vue.js, ElementUI, Webpack, Cypress, and Jest.
Our backend is built with Django and AWS cloud functions, using MySQL and PostgreSQL.
Our servers run on Heroku, but we're transitioning to Kubernetes on Amazon EKS.
We use GitHub, Sentry.io, SemaphoreCI. Our lightweight agile process and technical knowledge are managed in Notion.
Our main focus is on Vue.js but our roadmap spans a wide range of technologies:
- Aggressive development of the core product in Vue.js
- Heavy investment in advanced features and integration with Shopify
- Transition from Heroku to Kubernetes on EKS, microservices with the gateway pattern
- Adding new microservices in Nest.js, possibly with Apollo GraphQL
- Cloud architecture revamp to improve widget loading time and performance
- Transition to Vue.js 3 and 100% Typescript
- IaC and GitOps with env0
- Increase automation coverage to support fully automated continuous delivery
- Refactor the application core to integrate with additional e-commerce CMS
PickyStory is an e-commerce startup with a successful Shopify application. We enable merchants to offer product bundles to their customers and increase revenue from every store visit. Our product is live and growing fast. The team is global and fully remote.
Apply now and work remotely at PickyStory
Creative Front End Developer
Series Eight is a small, remote digital product studio with a team spanning across the UK and Europe. We are design driven — bringing motion and experience to desktop and mobile.
We are are at an exciting stage in our development, having made it through our formative years (with a few awards in tow 🏆).
We are looking for a Mid-Senior Front-End/Full-Stack Developer, someone that is excited to work alongside a team of talented creatives, and doesn’t mind getting their hands dirty building out challenging projects.
- You know and love the basics: semantic HTML and pure CSS (SCSS) / Tailwind.
- You have CMS experience — we currently use CraftCMS, Statamic and Shopify, Shopify Headless
- Your sites load lightning fast ⚡
- You know Git pretty well
- You are a positive person and enjoy communicating with both team members and clients
- You love to learn
You enjoy bringing sites to life using CSS animation/animation libraries
You have open-source code on your Github profileSeries Eight is a small, remote digital product studio with a team spanning across the UK and Europe. We are design driven — bringing motion and experience to desktop and mobile.We are are at an exciting stage in our development, having made it through our formative years (with a few awards in tow 🏆).
- Remote team building events
- Personal time for personal projects
- A budget for learning
- Yearly team trips
- Pension (UK Team)
- Flexible Hours
- Long Christmas Holidays 🎄
- 28 Days Holiday
- Apple Hardware
Wanna join? 🤓
Apply now and work remotely at Series Eight