Senior Software Engineer
Who We Are
Administrate is a training management platform used by hundreds of companies around the world to plan, design, deliver, and measure learning and development for their employees and customers. Our mission is to provide an industry-leading platform that enables enterprises to run their training function more efficiently and effectively so that they can focus more on connecting with people than administrating programs.
We are a fast growing, energetic company, with an established global customer base, a solid core team, and a clear vision. And, we’re looking for a new Senior Software Engineer!
Where We Are
Our headquarters are in Edinburgh, Scotland's capital city. We also have offices in Beirut and in Montana. You'll work remotely from a location in the UK/EU alongside our Edinburgh-based teams.
Who You Are
You're passionate about what you do. Always searching for a challenge, always looking to improve, you found yourself puzzle and problem-solving from an early age, and reaching a solution wasn’t enough for you. You were constantly striving to do it better and faster.
You creatively code and work on your own great stuff for fun, but at work you choose standards and reuse, because teams are not just one person, and you don't reinvent the wheel.
You're striving for perfection, but grounded in reality, getting the job done comes first, but it's never something to hide behind, because you don't do 'ok'. If something isn't working you say why, and how to sort it.
You're honest to a fault.
You love to work with great people and understand that small teams, dynamic companies and flexible working environments are unparalleled.
You are keen to develop and grow your career and skills with a passion for learning and continuous improvement. You're also passionate about the development of others and have solid experience of managing people.
What You'll Do
You'll be part of our Product Delivery team, working on business critical applications with real customers around the world. You'll lead a team (or teams) of Software Engineers, keeping everyone focused on the deliverables for our customers, helping solve problems and encouraging the growth and development of your people. One of our company values is Always Improving and we believe this is achieved through regular, relevant and constructive feedback, so it's crucial you are comfortable and experienced in giving and receiving feedback.
Even as a team lead, you'll still take ownership of writing your own code and you'll be a catalyst within the engineering team for cleaner code, better tests, more scalable solutions. We're all about collaboration so our teams review and test each other's code, provide feedback and share best practice.
Technologies We Use
We use Python for all new server-side code, running in the Flask framework. We use a variety of other technologies for example MySQL, React, and GraphQL. If you have have experience in similar technologies such as Ruby on Rails, PHP, Java, or Node.js and are willing to pick up our stack, please apply! We believe a diverse range of backgrounds strengthens our team.
What You'll Get
- Work a four day week but get paid for five
- Work around your life with our flexible working policy
- Real impact on our products. We are a team of equals, the best ideas win, whomever has them.
- Invest in your mental wellbeing with our onsite therapist
- Do your best work using brand new tech
- Learn, learn, learn
Apply now and work remotely at Administrate
We are driven by a simple purpose: To create a better way to live. We do that through our mission to build and manage quality apartments. We want to be best in the world at what we do.
In that quest we realized we needed to develop our own technology to push the industry forward. Early on, technology became one of our 6 key business strategies. We have already seen great success and have been recognized as having some of the most technologically advanced apartments in our region. But we want to do so much more. That is why we need your help!
This role will work on both front end and back end development with an emphasis on front end. We are looking for someone to mature our front-end presentation with great design and development practices, in both web and mobile.
Sample of Current Projects
- Smart Home App
- Property Management
- Revenue Management
- Online Applications and Lease Signing
- Programmatic Marketing
- Apartment Door Lock
- Resident App
- Resident Internet
To be successful, you should have both strong technical skills and be strongly aligned to our purpose and values.
Creating a better way to live
Building and leasing quality apartments
A great team is made up of great people. In our company these people exhibit 5 key values. These values are a way of life for everyone who works here. From our top-level managers to entry level employees these values are lived out every day.
- Tireless Pursuit of Results - Tireless pursuit of results means that you have an internal drive to continue to push forward no matter the obstacles. It means sometimes staying late to ensure a job gets done. It means pushing a little harder to ensure quality standards are met. It means pouring your heart into ensuring something gets done.
- Respectful - Being respectful means that customers and employees work well with you even in difficult situations. It's about being a good team player. It includes being fully and painfully honest about work related issues in a consistent way. It's recognizing that you are part of a team and sometimes you will win your point and sometimes you won't. It's about building a professional friendship.
- Can-do Attitude - Can do attitude is about believing in yourself and your team to get the job done. There is a delicate balance between having optimism for the future and being realistic about your goals. A person with a can-do attitude is realistically optimistic and positive about what can and will be done.
- Grow or Die - Grow or Die means to have a spirit dedicated to consistently getting better at your job. Finding ways, even small ways, of producing a higher quality or efficiency. Having a drive to learn more about your field from a variety of resources. Exhibiting the will to never give up on improving yourself.
- Reliable - The heart of reliability means to deliver on your promises. These promises include being on time every day. It means consistently delivering on the goals and milestones set for you. It means having a system to not forget any, even small, aspects of your job.
- UI Design
- React (Website)
- Swift (iOS)
- Kotlin (Android)
- You must be located in a North or South America timezone.
- Health Care Plan (ICHRA)
- Retirement Plan (Simple IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation & Holidays)
- Short Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Career Advancement Opportunities
Apply now and work remotely at Norhart
Senior Go Backend Developer
Full remote work possible (European timezones only)
We are the fastest-growing marketplace for refurbished electronics in the German-speaking region. Our products save up to 70% of CO2 emissions in comparison to a new device and are also up to 40% cheaper. Additionally, for every sold device we plant a tree and we were already able to plant more than 200,000 trees to fight global warming.
We were founded in February 2017 and grew to more than 90 employees in less than three years and expanded to Italy and Poland already. Along the way we won several awards and have already sold tens of thousands of products, making us one of the fastest-growing startups in Europe in 2020. Additionally, we recently announced one of Austria's biggest Series A funding rounds of € 15.6 mn.
Our main system consists of an HTTP API and backend workers written in Go, a public interface serving HTML pages to our customers written in Go and connecting to our API, Vue.js interfaces embedded into our public interface, and a standalone Vue.js management interface.
Key technologies are: Go, Vue.js, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ and AMQP.
Together with you we want to build the leading marketplace for refurbished electronics in Europe.
- Development of our main API
- Development of our smaller backend services
- Integration of external systems into our platform
- Formal education in computer science
- Significant experience designing and implementing backend services
- Significant experience with software development in Go
- Good knowledge of SQL and relational database design
- You work independently and goal oriented
- You have excellent English skills
ADDITIONAL FACTORS WE APPRECIATE
- You have experience with PostgreSQL
- You are comfortable working with Linux and FreeBSD
- You have experience working with backend services like Nginx or RabbitMQ
- You have experience working with load balancing/failover infrastructure
- You are active in the open-source community
- You can speak German
- Startup atmosphere
- Full remote position
- Flexible working hours
- Fair compensation
- Collaboration with all parts of the company
- Experienced and ambitious team
Please send us representative examples of your work, like of open-source projects you contributed to. If you are active in communities like Stack Overflow, please let us know.
Payment, depending on qualification and experience, between 3 000 and 6 500 EUR.
Apply now and work remotely at RefurbedApply
We are a startup with the aim of revolutionising the trade fair and events sector. Our concept uses Big Data to digitise trade fairs and thus optimise the visitor experience and exhibitor ROI.
We are looking for developers who want to be part of this journey and help build something big. As our product is in a nascent stage, candidates should show initiative and feel comfortable in developing a product from scratch. Given that our market is global and the need to interact with people from all over the world, an advanced knowledge of English is a must. We are open to profiles with different ranges of experience.
We are looking for candidates with the following profile:
- Engineering, IT or equivalent experience
- 2 years of relevant experience using the React Native and ReactJS framework
- Knowledge of data structures, design patterns and writing of clean, robust, reusable code
- Experience working with REST APIs
- Familiar with Agile frameworks such as Scrum
In addition, the following will be valued:
- Experience in the development of native apps: Android using Java or Kotlin and iOS using Objective-C or Swift
- Experience in web application development
- Experience in TDD/BDD and CI/CD
Apply now and work remotely at Mixie Digital
We know that during this time there are concerns around the actuality of hiring needs, we want to assure you that this job is posted for a need that we are eagerly looking to fill. We would love to see your application! Clevertech is a leading consultancy that is on a mission to build transformational digital solutions for the world’s most innovative organizations. Enterprise companies turn to Clevertech to help them launch innovative digital products that interact with hundreds of millions of customers, transactions, and data points.
What You'll Do
Manage a nimble team of developers and designers to accomplish challenging goals
You’ll partner and interact with senior level management/executives and senior technical teams
Lead client and team meetings to complete sprints and milestones. You will truly own the agile flow.
Use your strong interpersonal and relationship development skills to balance product requirements, manage client expectations, and drive your team to effective results.
You’ll listen deeply to client needs and translate them into clear technical requirements
You’ll travel occasionally, but only for things that really matter.
You will review code and continually push standards higher, every day.
You will code yourself to assess and mitigate the most technically challenging parts of the project
You have experience as the lead on projects with budgets ranging from $1M to $3M
You have consulting experiences with the unique nature of listening deeply to client concerns
You are a mix of product leadership, project leadership including agile kanban boards, and technical architecture leadership
Experience leading cross-functional development teams in building and maintaining custom software solutions
Strong understanding of the agile software development process
Available for 6 hours overlap with EST or CET time zone (9-5)
We know that people do their best work when they’re taken care of. So we make sure to offer great benefits.
Competitive Vacation Package
Annual Financial Allowance for YOUR development
Flexible Family Leave
Clevertech Gives Back Program
Clevertech U (Leadership Program, Habit Building, New Skills Training)
Strong Clevertech Community
How We Work
Are you curious about what it's like to work at Clevertech? Check out our YouTube channel to hear directly from Clevertech developers.
People join Clevertech to make an impact. To grow themselves. To be surrounded by developers who they can learn from. We've found that innovation comes from an exchange of knowledge across all of our teams. To put people on the path for success, we nurture a culture built on trust, collaboration, and personal growth. You will work in small feature-based cross-functional teams and be empowered to take ownership. We make a point of constantly evolving our experience and skills. We value diverse perspectives and fostering personal growth by challenging everyone to push beyond our comfort level and try something new. The result? Meaningful work. Getting Hired
We hire people from a variety of backgrounds who are respectful, collaborative, and introspective. Members of the tech team, for example, come from diverse backgrounds having worked as copy editors, graphic designers, and photographers prior to joining Clevertech. Our hiring process focuses not only on your skills but also on your professional and personal ambitions. We want to get to know you. We put a lot of thought into the interview process in order to get a holistic understanding of you while being mindful of your time. You will solve problems derived from the work we do on a daily basis followed by thoughtful discussions around potential fit. Whatever the outcome, we want you to have a great candidate experience.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Apply now and work remotely at Clevertech
Senior Nodejs Developer
You will work in a small team and build API for our dynamic web application using REST. The application will be used for managing dynamic creatives and ads in different service providers (Google, Facebook, other)
Developing fully function REST API
Participate or independently develop microservices
Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications.
Minimal requirements: good knowledge of
- Nodejs with express framework
- Mongodb, mysql
- Docker, docker-compose
- REST API
- ESlint with airbnb configs
- Understanding microservices architecture
- React.js, redux
- Git, gitlab
Apply now and work remotely at Disxt