We’re a startup based out of Kitchener-Waterloo, Canada building a smart, curious, and driven team that’s passionate about making software that helps sales reps sell better.
Prospect is a lead generation platform that intelligently sources contact data right inside of your web browser in real-time. The best sales teams from the top tech companies in the world use Prospect to crush their sales targets.
MORE ABOUT US
We are currently a team of 10 people -- you will be #11 🙂.
We are profitable and self-funded (no VCs or investors). We did this because we want to do what’s best for our team and customers.
We have sane working hours (~8 hours/day), don’t work weekends, and take ample time off.
You enjoy writing beautiful code. You care not just about whether the code works, but you think deeply about how well it performs, and how it will be understood by future developers.
You like shipping things. Whether it is a bug fix or a feature, you realize that every line of code is an opportunity to make a user’s experience better.
You like getting feedback. Whether it is talking to real users or adding custom metrics, you believe that getting real user data is a smart way to make decisions.
You are organized and autonomous. You enjoy taking a goal, breaking it up into smaller tasks, and organizing them in the best sequence to get the job done.
You are an excellent communicator. You regularly commit small chunks of code and try to make the best use of the tools available.
OUR ENGINEERING TEAM RIGHT NOW
We are currently a team of 5 developers. Our roles are divided based on the projects we work on. Our stack currently looks like:
The most used parts of our stack are:
- Frontend: ES6, TypeScript, React, and Redux
- Backend: Java 8 (REST API)
- Cloud: A blend of AWS and Google Cloud
- Database: PostgreSQL
- Internal: GitLab for CI/CD and issue tracking
PROJECTS YOU WILL WORK ON
You will initially be working on our core product. The core product is an application built using ES6, React, and Redux. You will be shipping code directly to all of our users and getting lots of feedback while you’re at it.
Every now and then, you may also jump into projects such as:
Adding more features to our user-facing dashboard
Converting our ES6 codebase into TypeScript
Improving internal tooling (CI/CD, error monitoring, code quality)
- 3+ years programming experience and 2+ years React experience
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- We don’t require a degree but you should have demonstrated the ability to learn new things quickly (either self-learned or from school)
- Past remote work experience
- Worked at a startup or a small company before
- Experience working with TypeScript and RxJS
- Front-end design chops (Sketch, CSS, an eye for good user interfaces)
COMPENSATION AND PERKS
Salary: $70,000 - $90,000/year Canadian Dollars
Work fully remotely, from our office in Kitchener-Waterloo, or a blend of both
Four weeks paid time off
Travel spending allowance (money to spend during your vacation)
Catered lunches every day and snacks at the office
Apply now and work remotely at Prospect
Software Engineer, Full Stack
Doximity is transforming the healthcare industry. Our mission is to help doctors be more productive, informed, and connected. As a software engineer, you'll work within cross-functional delivery teams alongside other engineers, designers, and product managers in building software to help improve healthcare.
Our team brings a diverse set of technical and cultural backgrounds and we like to think pragmatically in choosing the tools most appropriate for the job at hand.
Here's How You Will Make an Impact
- Help architect a distributed system that puts clinical knowledge, secure messaging, and professional connections at a doctor’s fingertips
- Cache, optimize, and develop systems that can handle millions of operations per day
- Work closely with our data science team to bring their insights into robust, real-time software
- Advance our SMS and telephony platform which connects doctors and patients tens of thousands of times per day
- Join a “startup within a startup” and help us break into brand new industries
- Help drive the product direction and change the landscape of medicine in the United States
One of Doximity's core values is about stretching ourselves and challenging assumptions. Even if you can't check off all the boxes below you're encouraged to apply. Talent and grit packaged with a unique perspective drives innovation. Doximity is full of exceptional people that don't fit a mold, join us!
- You have a strong software engineering background and are prepared to make high-quality contributions to modern, production web applications.
- You are a problem solver with a passion for simple, clean, and maintainable solutions
- You test your code and appreciate the benefits tests offer
- You have experience with web infrastructure, relational databases, distributed systems, and performance optimizations
- You are self-motivated and able to manage yourself
- You possess concise and effective written and verbal communication skills
- You are able to maintain a minimum of 5 hours overlap with 9:30 to 5:30 PM Pacific time
- You can dedicate about 18 days per year for travel to company events
Benefits & Perks
- Generous time off policy
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, vision, dental, Life/ADD, 401k, flex spending accounts, commuter benefits, equipment budget, and continuous education budget
- Pre-IPO stock incentives
- .. and much more! For a full list, see our career page
- Here are some of the ways we bring value to doctors
- Our data engineering stack run on Python, MySQL, Spark, and Airflow
- Our production application stack is hosted on AWS and we deploy to production on average 50 times per day
- We have over 350 private repositories in Github containing our applications, forks of gems, our own internal gems, and open-source projects
- We have worked as a distributed team for a long time; we're currently about 65% distributed
- Find out more information on the Doximity engineering blog
- Our company core values
- Our recruiting process
- Our product development cycle
- Our on-boarding & mentorship process
We’re thrilled to be named the Fastest Growing Company in the Bay Area, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies. Joining Doximity means being part of an incredibly talented and humble team. We work on amazing products that over 70% of US doctors (and over one million healthcare professionals) use to make their busy lives a little easier. We’re driven by the goal of improving inefficiencies in our $3.5 trillion U.S. healthcare system and love creating technology that has a real, meaningful impact on people’s lives. To learn more about our team, culture, and users, check out our careers page, company blog, and engineering blog. We’re growing steadily, and there’s plenty of opportunity for you to make an impact.
Doximity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Apply now and work remotely at Doximity