Frontend Web Developer
Full remote work possible (European timezones only)
We are the fastest-growing marketplace for refurbished electronics in the German-speaking region. Our products save up to 70% of CO2 emissions in comparison to a new device and are also up to 40% cheaper. Additionally, for every sold device we plant a tree and we were already able to plant more than 200,000 trees to fight global warming.
We were founded in February 2017 and grew to more than 90 employees in less than three years and expanded to Italy and Poland already. Along the way we won several awards and have already sold tens of thousands of products, making us one of the fastest-growing startups in Europe in 2020. Additionally, we recently announced one of Austria's biggest Series A funding rounds of € 15.6 mn.
Our main system consists of an HTTP API and backend workers written in Go, a public interface serving HTML pages to our customers written in Go and connecting to our API, Vue.js interfaces embedded into our public interface, and a standalone Vue.js management interface.
Key technologies are: Go, Vue.js, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ and AMQP.
Together with you we want to build the leading marketplace for refurbished electronics in Europe.
- Development of our main API
- Development of our smaller backend services
- Integration of external systems into our platform
- Formal education in computer science
- Significant experience designing and implementing backend services
- Significant experience with software development in Go
- Good knowledge of SQL and relational database design
- You work independently and goal oriented
- You have excellent English skills
ADDITIONAL FACTORS WE APPRECIATE
- You have experience with PostgreSQL
- You are comfortable working with Linux and FreeBSD
- You have experience working with backend services like Nginx or RabbitMQ
- You have experience working with load balancing/failover infrastructure
- You are active in the open-source community
- You can speak German
- Startup atmosphere
- Full remote position
- Flexible working hours
- Fair compensation
- Collaboration with all parts of the company
- Experienced and ambitious team
Please send us representative examples of your work, like of open-source projects you contributed to. If you are active in communities like Stack Overflow, please let us know.
Payment, depending on qualification and experience, between 3 000 and 6 500 EUR.
Apply now and work remotely at RefurbedApply
Mid Senior Front End Developer
Series Eight is a small, remote digital product studio with a team spanning across the UK and Europe. We are design driven — bringing motion and experience to desktop and mobile.
We are are at an exciting stage in our development, having made it through our formative years (with a few awards in tow 🏆) we are ready to put down some roots, define our processes, build a culture and create a world class fully remote team.
We are looking for a Mid/Senior Front-End/Full-Stack Developer to lead this next stage. Someone that is excited to help shape our company, to create the conditions for our developers to grow, and that doesn’t mind getting their hands dirty building out challenging projects for our clients.
- You know and love the basics: semantic HTML and pure CSS (SCSS)
- Sound CMS Experience (CraftCMS, Shopify, Wordpress)
- Understand and have built sites using GraphQL
- Your sites load lightning fast ⚡
- You know Git pretty well
- You are a positive person and enjoy communicating with both team members and clients
- You love to learn
- You enjoy bringing sites to life using CSS animation/animation libraries
- You have open-source code on your Github profile
- You have agency Experience
- Remote team building events
- Personal time for personal projects
- A budget for learning
Wanna join? 🤓
Apply now and work remotely at Series EightApply