Senior Frontend Engineer
We are building some really exciting sh*t at x.ai
At x.ai, we're building artificial intelligence super-powered productivity software. The software schedules meetings for our customers automatically. It avoids the typical back and forth over emails and negotiates when and where the meeting is to happen. The software uses state-of-the-art machine learning in our production environment. We're looking for a self-motivated and experienced individual to join us on the journey in building this new frontier. You’ll get to work side by side with a group of focused and passionate individuals in a fully distributed setting.
- Be a main driver and contributor in building, testing, instrumenting for analytics, and deploying user-centric features to production end to end – own and drive the full cycle of building web applications, API and system integrations from system design to deployment
- Take ownership of our technical stack: drive improvements to address system complexity and tech debt, define and champion best practices of software development
- Actively participate in collaborative brainstorming and design, identifying defects or discrepancies in requirements and resolves with appropriate stakeholders
- Leverage your UI/UX experience to advocate, drive and implement user-friendly features
- Collaborate on feature implementation from UI design (using and improving on our style guide) to system implementation, to optimize for usability, execute these features end to end, including testing and monitoring in production
- Be customer obsessed: Identify and build metrics or tools to help us understand customer behavior and work closely with Product to develop new features to drive customer delight
- Able to find the right tool for the job. Quickly evaluate different libraries but not afraid to roll your own stuff
5+ years of relevant experience
Expert in Typescript
Expert in API integrations
Expert in Node.js
Experience in React
Experience in CSS/SCSS
Experience in development tooling like NPM and Gulp, and front-end testing frameworks
Strong written and verbal communication skills
+/- 8 hours from EST
Thrives in a fully remote setting
Intellectually curious, collaborative, self-motivated, fast learner that is comfortable with uncertainties - evolve as needed, flexibility is key!
Apply now and work remotely at x.ai
Senior Front End Developer
Draftable is a world-class document comparison solution, offering a range of products for individuals, teams and enterprises across the world. Our powerful comparison technology and elegant user-friendly viewer are shared between all our products/platforms.
Draftable Online is our free online service for comparing documents. Our users generate over one million comparisons each year. We are looking to upgrade this service to meet the needs of teams and large organisations.
Draftable is the first publicly launched product of Affinda – supporting companies to embrace AI technologies.
About the role
You will be the technical lead for our front-end web development, including our Draftable Online product and our core comparison viewer. You will be working with our Product Lead and other team members to prioritize and build features.
You will also be responsible for our public facing website. You will be working with various stakeholders across product, sales/marketing, legal, etc, to maintain and improve the website.
You will spend at least 80% of your time thinking about how to implement things and writing code.
In addition to supporting the Draftable product, we expect you will be involved in new front-end projects relating to our innovative and growing artificial intelligence business.
Compensation: AUD $85k - $100k per annum (~US $70,000)
- You have 5+ years of experience with front-end development (JS, CSS, HTML)
- You have 1+ years of experience with React
- You are independent and self-reliant. You are happy working on a task by yourself, but you will take initiative to involve other team members when necessary
- You have a high attention to detail. You are intimately familiar with the complexities of web development, e.g. mobile responsiveness, browser compatibility
- You have a great sense of design. You like building software that delights users. (Graphic design skills are a bonus, but not necessary)
- You have experience being the technical lead of a project and are comfortable both planning/architecting as well as diving into code as an individual contributor.
- You appreciate the importance of clear communication, especially when working in a remote team
- You are fluent in English, both written and spoken, and can participate in an English-only work environment
We understand you have a life outside work and we will respect your non-working and family time. We expect engineers to work a full-time load of 40 hours per week (and no more) and to be very productive during that time.
Our core collaboration hours are 12pm-8pm AEST (GMT+10). You will need to have at least 3 hours overlap.
Our services are very stable, and we haven’t had any critical incidents that required urgent attention over the last year.
About our culture
We are a small, friendly team of experienced professionals. We are all great at what we do and appreciate the value of working with highly competent peers. We are collaborative, and we expect you to take an active role in evolving our engineering culture.
Our development process is product-led. We are agile (but not Agile). We like short milestones. We launch things as soon as they’re ready. We like iterating based off user feedback. We do things right the first time, even if it takes a little longer. We don’t have much technical debt. We like good documentation. From time to time we promise a feature to customer, but we otherwise don’t have many external deadlines.
Draftable is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a team that represents a diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, skills and experiences.
Some things you might do in your first few months
- Take over leadership of our comparison viewer
- Create & setup a new SEM landing page based off a brief from the sales/marketing team.
- Implement a new feature in the comparison viewer from a high-fidelity design
- Work with our Product Lead to iterate on a feature in the viewer
- Implement front-end of an online accounts system for Draftable Online users
- Test & fix major browser compatibility issues
- Replace/rework our email templates (for our automated emails)
- Dive into the viewer rendering code to optimise the performance of a new feature
Apply now and work remotely at Draftable
We are a startup with the aim of revolutionising the trade fair and events sector. Our concept uses Big Data to digitise trade fairs and thus optimise the visitor experience and exhibitor ROI.
We are looking for developers who want to be part of this journey and help build something big. As our product is in a nascent stage, candidates should show initiative and feel comfortable in developing a product from scratch. Given that our market is global and the need to interact with people from all over the world, an advanced knowledge of English is a must. We are open to profiles with different ranges of experience.
We are looking for candidates with the following profile:
- Engineering, IT or equivalent experience
- 2 years of relevant experience using the React Native and ReactJS framework
- Knowledge of data structures, design patterns and writing of clean, robust, reusable code
- Experience working with REST APIs
- Familiar with Agile frameworks such as Scrum
In addition, the following will be valued:
- Experience in the development of native apps: Android using Java or Kotlin and iOS using Objective-C or Swift
- Experience in web application development
- Experience in TDD/BDD and CI/CD
Apply now and work remotely at Mixie Digital
Senior Frontend Developer
Netdata is looking for talented senior frontend developers to join our distributed (remote) engineering team.
As a senior frontend developer at Netdata, you will need to be passionate about web technology, declarative/reactive programming paradigms, testable code and extreme performance. You will live and breathe within the Chrome/Firefox/Safari Developer/React/Redux Tools and make sure we deliver a world-class experience to the millions of people using our product on a daily basis.
- Use modern Web technologies and frameworks to develop our frontend platform, components and libraries. At Netdata we use Typescript, React and Redux.
- Write testable, documented code that is highly maintainable
- Develop for maximum performance, compatibility and a world-class user experience, across devices and form-factors.
- Collaborate with UX/UI designers to improve usability and accessibility
- Automate repetitive tasks when possible.
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies and frameworks
- Proven work experience of 3+ years as a Frontend developer.
- At least some experience with TypeScript.
- Experience with React, Webpack.
- Experience with CSS, including CSS preprocessors.
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging.
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment.)
- Understanding of layout aesthetics.
- Knowledge of SEO principles.
- An ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English.
Experience with Redux, Immutable.js, Ramda and SASS
Experience with backend development work is considered a bonus
Experience with the Google Cloud Platform
Experience with analytics tools like Google Analytics or Mixpanel
Familiarity with graphic-design software (e.g. Figma, Sketch, Gimp, Adobe Suite) and content management systems
BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field
Apply now and work remotely at Netdata Inc
We believe that shopping technology needs a make-over and smarter ways to help save, monitor and share the products you love. In 2019 we launched www.kinderlist.com to validate early ideas about how this could be done. With careful analytics and feature testing, we learnt a huge amount which is now fueling our development of an exciting new journey.
What You’ll Do
- Be adventurous and curious, explore new technologies and opportunities to build intelligent shopping services and infrastructure
- Be highly organized and collaborate with cross-functional teams distributed around the world to define, architect and build solutions for delightful customer experiences.
- Learn and improve our build, bundle and deployment pipelines for browser extensions.
- Analyze and tune browser extension performance with a key focus on building delightful user experiences.
- Integrate with our backend system using our Rest APIs.
- Implement analytics tools to monitor system efficiency and debug performance.
- You’re fluent in English (writing and speaking).
- You’re passionate about browser extensions and the value they can deliver to users.
- You write tests first, then code, and understand why this is important.
- You intuitively look for ways to keep code modular, efficient, and maintainable.
- You have experience collaborating with designers to implement modern, intuitive and responsive interfaces using style frameworks (i.e. CSS Modules, or CSS in JS).
- You have a good understanding of XPath.
- You are motivated by working in a team with a flat structure where your knowledge and input have a direct impact on product definition and business success.
- You have a willingness to learn, share and step outside of your comfort zone.
Good to have
- You want to learn and contribute to Serverless systems
- You have excellent experience with regular expressions and pattern matching.
- You have an interest in finding and working on ambitious solutions to e-commerce problems that create positive customer experiences.
Flux (short for Flux Capacitor) is a collection of services that find, store, enhance, and compare product information from retailers around the world. Product information is delivered to our native mobile and web applications to provide a next-gen shopping assistant experience. We back ourselves and so do our top-tier investors.
KinderList culture is built on respect, collaboration and a drive to shake up the world of shopping. We’re at the beginning of our journey with huge opportunity for new team members to take initiative, lead projects, and shape services that customers interact with daily. Our team members are conscientious, deep thinkers, always striving to be awesome human beings.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds at our company. We are dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including race, colour, age, sex, religion, disability, or national origin.
Apply now and work remotely at KinderListApply
Frontend Performance Engineer (m/f/d)
Who we are looking for
5+ years working with frontend frameworks and libraries professionally (and have built or contributed to some is a big plus.)
Knowledge of React (Reagent), Re-frame or similar reactive systems and their internals.
Experience with ClojureScript, functional programming and immutable data structures is preferred, but not required.
You know your way around the performance profiling and debugging tools in your web browser of choice.
You will have the responsibility to dive into a new system to understand performance bottlenecks that excites you.
You are a strong communicator and are equally comfortable talking with your immediate team, other frontend engineers and backend infrastructure engineers.
You are ready to learn, but just as excited to teach.
You understand that the perfect solution is informed by the people who will be building on your work, rather than being purely dependent on technical merits. Empathy is a feature.
Apply now and work remotely at Pitch
Senior Full Stack Engineer
The Petal mission
At Petal, we’re using fresh thinking and cutting-edge technology to make credit honest, simple and accessible. We use machine learning to analyze more data in our credit decisions, which means more people qualify, even if they’ve never had credit before. And we use behavioral science and smart, intuitive design to offer a simple, customer-centric product that’s engineered to achieve better financial outcomes -- with straightforward terms and no fees whatsoever. The result is an exciting new approach to credit that has the potential to radically expand credit access and improve the lives of millions of consumers, shaking up a trillion dollar industry in the process.
To do this, we’re bringing together exceptional talent from across disciplines and industries to shape the future of financial services and improve the lives of our customers in a meaningful way.
At Petal, we're looking for people with kindness, positivity, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and potential will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Petal, we welcome diverse perspectives from people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions.
Join a team of talented, motivated, and collaborative engineers to wrangle complex, ever-changing business requirements under control. Our app must function reliably and delightfully at all times in order for Petal to deliver on its promise of simple, accessible credit. Our feature set aims to outshine other financial apps through a central view into your financial life and the credit industry's most transparent, customer-centric payment experience.
This is a frontend-focused full-stack role: about 80% of the time will be spent in our frontend—a tri-platform React Native app written in TypeScript—and the rest on our Flask/Python backend. You'd be reporting to our Director of Engineering.
Apply now and work remotely at Petal