Back end Software Developer Node.JS + Typescript
Upstack is a friendly team of the world’s most talented freelance developers, working remotely for some of the coolest start-ups. It’s fun and challenging to join the top 1% of the world’s developers. We have a strong focus on quality clients and developers and try to work on software that we love! Upstack is officially based in New York City and we have offices in NYC and LA. We also have development hubs opening up all around the place with our first in Brasov, Romania. Our developers work from home and co-working spaces and sometimes even on the beach!
- Work with a small team of top-tier developers who are designing great user experiences and building truly great applications for web
- Participate in scrums consisting of cross-functional teams, both software and hardware
- Ensure that features are being delivered efficiently and on-time
- In addition to code contribution, you will also participate in architectural review and design
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years work experience as a software engineer or relevant experience
- at least 3+ yrs of experience in using Java Script
- Deep understanding and strong experience with Node.JS framework (3-5 years of professional experience needed)
- Strong experience with Typescript
- Experience working with Mongo.db
- Nice to have experience with: Docker, Microservices
- Proven track record of shipping software and successfully released apps (please include names and links on your resume)
- Strong attention to detail on every line of code, every unit test, and every commit message
- Comfortable with rapid development cycles and tight schedules
Benefits when working with Upstack
- starter pack: Upstack swag (t-shirts, hoodies, stickers, etc.)
- work set-up: laptop or device as needed based on project's requirements;
- paid vacations in correlation with the worked time;
- ability to choose the project and the team;
- support for personal and professional growth;
- bonus structure for special events in your live (marriage, having a baby)
- flexible working hours;
- remote first - you can work from anywhere you choose;
We love when engineers send us a link to their Github and/or StackOverflow accounts, technical blog, or links to apps they've shipped.
Apply now and work remotely at Upstack Technologies, Inc.
Data Cave Switzerland, a Swiss based web-application and hosting company, develops and operates the SaaS tool “acteamo” – a holistic productivity tool for knowledge workers. The development team of acteamo is an all virtual team of several developers, a designer and two test analysts.
#VueJS Developer (80-100%)
We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
- Develop new user-facing features and continuously improve existing ones
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
##Skills and Qualifications
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Good understanding of CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS or SASS
- Preferably an understanding in Tailwind CSS and Typescript.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git, Mercurial, etc.
- Familiar with Scrum/or own positive experience with an agile team (nice to have).
- Good English language skills (especially spoken)
- Ability to work during european working hours
We offer a challenging and very interesting work (fully remote) within an un-bureaucratic team having minimal hierarchy.
Apply now and work remotely at Data Cave SwitzerlandApply
Full Stack Engineer Civic Tech
Do you want to join us on our mission to shape democracies for the digital age? Are you looking for an international and fast-paced, yet collaborative and inclusive environment to thrive in?
CitizenLab, a social impact scale-up with headquarters in Brussels and offices in New York, Amsterdam, Paris, and London, aims to make public decision-making more participatory, inclusive, and responsive. The SaaS platform is already being used by over 300 cities and municipalities in 15+ countries, facilitating two-way communication between governments and their residents. Since it was founded in 2015, CitizenLab has enabled 750,000+ community members to weigh in on the local topics they care about, and got recently recognized as 'Best Social Impact Startup in Europe'.
Full-Stack Engineer at CitizenLab
As a Full-Stack Engineer in the Engagement squad, you contribute to our core product, which allows local governments to engage their citizens through a wide range of digital participation methods. You’re part of a cross-functional squad. While you can contribute to both our Ruby back-end and our React front-end, you specialize in one. You help your colleagues to bridge knowledge gaps.
At CitizenLab, we work in small teams where members collectively take ownership of the outcome of the features they build. We work in short iterations, test rigorously and release continuously. We’re strong believers in user testing and understanding live product usage.
You actively contribute to the specifications of new features, uncovering technical constraints and breaking down the work in iterations and tasks.
You take ownership over your tasks and implement them in close contact with your colleagues.
You take into account all aspects, from data models to testing, to performance, delivering well-engineered scalable solutions.
You bridge the back-end/front-end knowledge gaps for your colleagues, seeing the full picture.
You deliver your work in small iterations, often soliciting feedback from colleagues, spontaneously and through code reviews.
#### What do we expect from you?
As our Full-Stack Engineer with a front or back-end focus:
You have multiple years of experience developing in Ruby on Rails or React and have at least played around with the other, or very similar. Experience with Elixir is a plus.
You know how to implement a modern user interface.
You know how to implement a sound API.
You’re a firm believer in well-tested and peer-reviewed code.
You take initiative and like to be challenged.
The ability to relocate to Brussels is a plus, but not a requirement.
Eagerness to learn, talent, and enthusiasm are more important than ticking the boxes. Even if not all desired requirements are met, but you're very excited about the role, we want to hear from you.
#### What can you expect from us?
Unlock your full potential and have a social impact at scale. We're daily working with +230 governments to connect them to their citizens.
Become a key factor in our rapid transition from startup to a scaleup (50 employees).
Work in a fast-paced, collaborative and supportive environment. We share a participatory culture of autonomy and ownership by everyone, not only by the leadership.
Be part of our dynamic, international team. We organize many team activities and afterworks (when possible). We are as serious about our work in digital democracy, as about having fun on our journey together.
Informal work vibe with open communication and full transparency on results.
Participate in inspiring team lunches, our company book club, bi-quarterly strategic town halls, bi-yearly off-site team retreats.
Work 10% of your time on personal projects and self-development for the long run. We’re growing fast together, both collectively and individually.
Receive a competitive salary package, incl. perks such as 26 paid holidays, training budget, well-being budget, collective bonus plan, your own laptop, full flexibility on working from home, and much more.
CitizenLab is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.
Apply now and work remotely at CitizenLab
Full Stack Developer
Karshare is one of the UK's fastest growing car sharing communities. We connect renters with owners, creating a more sustainable, shared future where we can do more with less.
We are looking for a full stack developer who is going to implement exciting new features. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
The role provides a fantastic opportunity to influence and shape the delivery and development of key processes within our AWS Serverless environments. You will be responsible for the development and maintenance of apps using various underlying technologies, including React, DynamoDB, Lambda functions, Typescript, Nodejs, Graphql with an event driven approach.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of data storage solutions e.g. Elastic Search, DynamoDB
- Write clean and robust code following good development principles (SOLID, DRY,
- Use TDD incl. unit, integration and end-to-end tests and be prepared to write tests for
all feature delivery
- Set up and maintain CI/CD flows
- Be instrumental in architecture, standards and tooling decisions
- Take part in researching, estimating and prioritizing features for roadmap
Skills And Qualifications
Thorough understanding of React and its core principles
Good knowledge of JS build tools
Solid understanding of security best practices
Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds
Hands on experience designing and building REST (or GraphQL) APIs as well as consuming them
Familiarity with API authentication and authorisation mechanisms
SQL and NoSQL databases experience
Cloud based infrastructures (AWS) including SNS, SQS, API Gateway, DynamoDB with automated serverless deployment
Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
Apply now and work remotely at Karshare
Senior Software Developer
As a startup founded in Berlin and Madrid in 2019, AUCTA aims to enable industrial companies to levarage the value of their CAD data beyond the engineering department.
We are looking for experienced and highly skilled developers to become the fourth and fifth members of the tech team.
- Build the next-generation of technical knowledge transfer platforms.
- Work in an international team of very talented hackers.
- Write lots of solid, high quality TypeScript. Your peers will review it and help you hone your skills.
- Push WebXR to the limit, making device-agnostic experiences compatible with VR and AR headsets.
- Be very independent and autonomous in your responsibilities.
- Manage your own time. We focus on results, not micro-managing.
- Have creative freedom to find the best way to solve problems and implement new features.
- Report directly to the CTO. We won't waste your time with meetings or management rituals. We'll respect your intelligence, your experience and your time.
- Use Emacs :)
- 5 to 10 years of software development experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
- A Github profile with code we can read.
- Some familiarity with VR or 3D computer graphics.
- Appreciation towards software craftmanship.
Nice to have
- Familiarty with Lisp, Clojure, Haskell, Forth or any other unconventional languages.
- Use Emacs (or Vim) as you main text editor.
- Familiarity with React and Redux.
- Familiarity with AWS.
- Live in (or close to) Madrid.
- Enjoy disucussing about philosophy and/or videogames.
- Possibility to receive equity as stock options.
- High-end hardware for your workstation or laptop.
- Freedom to choose your own schedule and manage your own time.
- Very hacker-friendly working environment.
- LAN parties and videogame tournaments.
The development team is based in Madrid. We're going to give priority to the candidates that have the possibility to work from our office once or twice per week, but it is not a hard requirement.
We are open to receive your application even if you don't fulfill all the requirements if you can convince us of your value.
Apply now and work remotely at AUCTA.ioApply
React Node Typescript product engineer
We're looking for a Product Engineer to join our team.
Limbic is on a mission to model human psychology. In doing so, we're solving the biggest problems in psychological therapy today. Combining artificial intelligence with beautiful digital product design, we're making it easier than ever for patients to provide their clinicians with high quality data.
We're growing quickly and we're backed by Europe's leading start-up accelerator, Entrepreneur First, and Google. We’ve also received investment from VC, Angels, the European Commission, and Innovate UK.
It’s challenging. We’re ambitious. And we’re supporting one another to achieve our best and make real impact in the world.
At a high level, you'll be focussed on the following:
- Maintaining our web interface for therapists
- Implement engaging and smooth animations
- Quickly build, test and ship new features
- Build & integrate our GraphQL API endpoints
Bonus if you've got experience developing open source projects and have a strong foothold in an engineering community.
We are looking for anyone who fits most of the following qualifications:
- 2+ years of experience developing React applications.
- Can implement pixel perfect UI design
- Has a strong sense of UX patterns
You should apply if:
- You're excited by the opportunity to build another sense into the computing device of the future
- You believe that mental health is one of the most important challenges we're facing at the moment.
- You want to join a company you can grow with.
- You can move fast and get stuff done.
- You want to make a name for yourself at the leading edge of AI.
Apply now and work remotely at LimbicApply
Remote | Flexible Hours | High Growth Tech Company | Fast-paced Team | Modern Technologies & Codebase | Leadership Opportunities
Affinda is a rapidly growing artificial intelligence company HQ’d in Melbourne, with a global presence. Our mission is simple – make AI that is better than humans at extracting insights and data from documents.
We are a world class team of software developers, data scientists and AI engineers. We build sophisticated AI solutions that leverage the latest advancements in natural language processing and image recognition. We’ve built out the infrastructure to rapidly develop customised AI solutions designed to read, understand and process unstructured data.
Our solutions are trusted by over 500 companies across the world, included in the ASX 100 and Fortune 500.
About the role
One of our products is Draftable, a simple yet sophisticated solution that makes it easy for anyone to review changes to business documents. Our users compare millions of documents each year across our web service, desktop software and developer API.
You will be the technical lead for the front-end of our Draftable product suite, including our intuitive comparison viewer sitting at the centre of each user’s experience.
You will be working with our Product Lead and other team members to prioritise and build features. You will spend at least 80% of your time thinking about how to implement things and writing code.
We are growing rapidly, so there are plenty of opportunities for career growth. We expect you to take an active role in evolving our engineering culture. Over time, we expect you to be a pivotal member in leading front-end projects across Affinda.
This role can potentially be done at two levels: Lead software engineer or Staff software engineer.
This role can be performed fully remotely, or if you are based in Melbourne, you are welcome at our new office across from Fed Square.
You are either an expert front-end developer or an experienced full-stack developer. (We are all about adding great people to the team, rather than finding someone who fits perfectly into a fixed slot.)
You have 5+ years of experience with front-end development (Typescript, JS/ES6, CSS, HTML)
You have 2+ years of experience with React or a similar framework
You are a great communicator. You appreciate the importance of clear communication, especially when working with a remote team.
You are independent and self-reliant. You are happy working on a task by yourself, but you will take initiative to involve other team members when necessary
You have a high attention to detail. You are intimately familiar with the complexities of web development, e.g. mobile responsiveness, browser compatibility
You have a great sense of design. You like building software that delights users.
You have experience being the technical lead of a project and are comfortable both planning/architecting as well as diving into code as an individual contributor.
You are fluent in English, both written and spoken, and can participate in an English-only work environment
About our culture
We are a small, friendly team of experienced professionals, and trust is at the core of our culture. We are all great at what we do and appreciate the value of working with highly competent peers. Collaboration is key to our success, and our flat structure ensures that we reach decisions quickly. We love to get things done.
Our development process is product-led. We are agile (but not Agile). We like short milestones. We launch things as soon as they’re ready. We like iterating based off user feedback. We do things right the first time, even if it takes a little longer. We don’t have much technical debt. We like good documentation. From time to time we promise a feature to customer, but we otherwise don’t have many external deadlines.
We understand you have a life outside work and we will respect your non-working and family time.
Our core collaboration hours are 12pm-8pm AEST (GMT+10). You will need to have at least 3 hours overlap.
Our services are very stable, and we haven’t had any critical incidents over the last year that required urgent attention from someone in this role.
Affinda is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a team that represents a diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, skills and experiences.
Apply now and work remotely at AffindaApply
We are looking for an external Senior React Developer to join a project for a Fortune 100 pharmaceutical company.
About the project:
Our client needs a portal that allows supply chain analysts to progress through their daily tasks. The primary goal of the portal is to standardise, automate, and optimise the company’s current workflows. The portal, as a full planner ecosystem, will also make it easier for analysts and managers to see the complete end-to-end picture of the company supply chain.
At this point we are in the initial implementation phase and will face challenges in implementation and post implementation system development. The person joining will be responsible for taking ownership, understanding, developing and improving the Frontend part of the application. The team is using agile methodologies and Scrum. You’ll work with Product Owner, UX Designer, Scrum Master and 3 other Frontend and Backend developers.
We are looking for a specialist whose experience and knowledge will enrich our team and allow us to take new, previously unknown directions.
Basic tasks will include:
- Direct contact with the client.
- Proactively identifies problems with requirements (lack of clarity, inconsistencies, technical limitations) and communicates these issues early.
- Improves code structure and architecture in service of testability and maintainability.
- Takes responsibility for team results. Capably deals with mistakes and mix-ups.
- Delivers complex products to clients that they perceive as well-baked and bug-free.
- Effectively uses design docs, tech talks and discussion groups to communicate technical decisions.
You are good for this role if you:
- Have demonstrated ability to build good quality software
- Have experience with TypeScript
- Have experience in one of the following fields: MobX and RxJS / configuring and deploying web apps, on Azure or similar / Python/Django REST API
- Are familiar with Docker, Git, and Linux
- Know English (at least B2)
Nice to have: MS SQL, experience with Scrum process and enterprise projects
What’s in it for you:
- up to 26,000 PLN + VAT on a B2B contract
- Full-time engagement
- Contract at least until the end of 2021
- Remote work with flexible working hours adjusted to your time zone and family life.
- Opportunity to work with the prestigious brands where you can see how data science is used
What can you expect during the recruitment process?
Screening call with Hiring Manager
Apply now and work remotely at Appsilon
smartclip is Europe’s largest open adtech development unit designed specifically for European broadcasters and streaming services. We provide state-of-the-art technology and services that empowers our clients to make the most of their local, premium inventory.
- Understand and translate functional requirements into efficient, maintainable and scalable source code
- Active planning and implementation of complex web-based applications
- Further development of test automation
- Writing source code and tests
- Reviewing and testing source code
- Strong frontend skills (React, Storybook)
- Experience with remote work (>1 year)
- Striving for quality (Automated tests & clean code)
- Team-player, looking for a long-term project
- Able to work during 10:00 – 16:00 CEST
WHAT WE OFFER
Work with a highly motivated and proven team
Warming and diverse company culture
100% remote / flexible schedules
Multiple opportunities to learn and grow in a people-first environment
Apply now and work remotely at smartclip Europe GmbH
Senior Frontend React Engineer
- 📈 401K Plan
- 👪 Insurance
- 👶 Parental Leave
- 🗺 Anywhere in the World
- 💡 3+ Years of Experience
- 💼 Professional Development
- 💰 Competitive Salary & Perks
- 💸 $350 Receive a Referral Bonus
Get Paid: If you recommend this job to the person that gets hired, you will receive a $350 referral bonus. How will we contact you about giving you your bonus? Tell your referral to list your name and/or email in the “How did you hear about this job?” question. Once they’re hired, we’ll make sure you get paid.
CartHook helps leading Shopify stores delight their customers with offers after they check out. After five-plus years of running a checkout optimization platform for Shopify merchants, we launched the Post Purchase Offers app in the Shopify app store in November 2020.
We’re up and running, and primed for growth. You can be a part of that growth by establishing the practices and processes for a key part of our marketing efforts.
Who We Are
We’re a group of people who give a damn. We believe in doing what’s right and speaking up, even when it’s difficult. We pursue success, humbly.
We are a fully remote team on two continents, and we bridge time zones and distance with thorough and transparent communication, and processes designed to support and include each other. You’ll get to work with awesome people in almost every part of the company. We value and encourage input and ideas from everyone, no matter what their role or how long they’ve been with us.
We believe that diversity makes us stronger. We provide a safe, welcoming space for those who are marginalized. CartHook is an equal opportunity employer. At CartHook, you can be the person you are, regardless of ethnicity, religion, political affiliation, age, size, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
How We Work
Live where you want
We’re a fully remote team with offices in the US and Europe.
We trust each other to manage our time appropriately and get our work done. There’s no need to punch a clock. We expect you to be available and able to collaborate with your team, and we want you to create a schedule that works for your life. Our remote work philosophy relies on good communication and openness.
Responsible time off
We want you to take time off; it makes you happier, healthier, and more productive. It’s important you take the time you need, whether you’re caring for your health, the health of a family member, or going on vacation. We have an unlimited time-off policy, plus two mandatory weeks for a holiday break in late December/early January. We all work hard leading up to (and during) Black Friday Cyber Monday. That’s our merchants’ busiest time of the year, and we need all hands on deck.
Grow and learn
We value curiosity and the drive to grow and learn. That’s why we fund conferences (when those are a thing again), online courses and resources, and dedicated time away to learn something new.
Benefits (for U.S.-Based Employees Only)
Insurance coverage: We offer health, dental, and vision insurance. We cover 100% of your medical and dental premiums and 75% for vision. We also cover a percentage of the premiums for dependents. If our default plan isn’t right for you, there are other options available to fit your needs.
All parents who welcome a new child by birth, surrogacy, foster, or adoption are eligible to take 8 weeks of paid leave. All birth mothers are eligible for an additional eight weeks of paid leave. New mothers will be able to have a flexible, soft re-entry coming back to work.
Employees are eligible for a 401k plan provided by Guideline and integrated into our payroll system. Plans are funded by the employee.
As a frontend engineer at CartHook, you will be creating powerful, flexible, highly scalable SPAs and developing various frontend systems and operations. Additionally you will architect, define and maintain various ecommerce related solutions (frontend), and ensure our systems can keep up their high performance and responsiveness. You will be responsible for implementing new features and integrations as well as supporting our existing functionality. You will also be heavily involved in sprint planning and retrospectives and have the opportunity to make a lasting impact on our stack and the future of ecommerce, working closely and collaboratively with the Product team.
This role is specifically for development for our embedded Shopify app, CartHook Post Purchase Offers. Our backend utilizes Laravel and MySQL, while the frontend is built on a combination of Shopify Polaris, React and NextJS libraries and technologies.
This is a full-time, fully remote role. For this role, you can live and work anywhere in Eastern Standard Time or European timezones.
At CartHook, you can be the person you are, regardless of ethnicity, religion, political affiliation, age, size, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We provide a safe, welcoming space for those who are marginalized.
What we’re looking for
- Minimum 3 years of experience in frontend development
- Advanced knowledge of React (minimum of 3 years)
- Advanced knowledge of TypeScript (minimum of 3 years)
- Excellent understanding of OOP concepts
- Excellent understanding of software design patterns
- Excellent REST API understanding (from a frontend POV)
- Excellent understanding of Jira
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- GitHub, Docker, Buildkite or similar development tools
- Ability to problem-solve, track, and follow up on a variety of complex technical issues with internal and external stakeholders
- Ambition, the ability to think beyond, be highly collaborative, and extremely driven
- Are a self-starter who can collaborate deeply and communicate proactively with your teammates
- Backend understanding
- Have experience in ecommerce, Shopify in particular
- Experience with high performance systems
- Embrace change and have a willingness to adapt to whatever comes your way
Are excited about doing great work and making a difference at a small company
So, are you game? If yes, let’s talk!
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements. We encourage people of color, women, veterans, people with disabilities, and the LGBTQ+ to apply.
Apply now and work remotely at CartHookApply
Senior Lead Front End Engineer
Our software empowers a wide audience within law firms to swiftly produce consistently high quality data-driven pricing proposals that profitably deliver on clients expectations of pricing transparency and pricing certainty. We achieve this with a best in class data management and workflow platform, and a compelling focus on UI/UX.
We have a proven MVP, the best-recognised brand and strong demand. Now embarking on our fourth product release, you will soon be building out all-new applications and creating intuitive experiences, dashboards, data visualisations and BI reporting that people will love.
We offer considerable freedom in UI design, technology choice and approach. There are big plans and lots to accomplish.
- Iteratively enhancing and extending existing UI components
- Designing and implementing completely new UI modules
- Establishing best practices for user interaction and feedback, and ensuring consistent implementation across the application
- Identifying improvements to the front-end architecture to promote and facilitate reuse and consistency
- Implementing a framework for the collection of actionable user interaction metrics
- Automating front-end testing
- Supporting dialogue with customers, working directly with end users
- Helping establish our engineering culture, our methods and tooling
We're looking for
- Someone ready to become, or to grow into becoming, our lead on front-end
- A flair for UI layout
- User empathy, a good appreciation of accessibility and UX
- Adept software design and coding skills, accrued in a modern front-end or full-stack context
- A strong understanding of Computer Science principles
- Ability to unpack complex requirements, to uphold security of sensitive data and to conform to best practices
- A collaborative, adaptable, user-centered approach
Current ecosystem - we'll welcome your influence
Salary and benefits
- £70,000 - £90,000+ we're keeping an open mind
- Share scheme for founding team members (once proven value to the business)
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and a day for your birthday
- Family-friendly and flexible culture - tell us what you need
- Personal development plan that you can shape, with budget for related training/certifications
Virtual Pricing Director has developed groundbreaking software to assist law firms to understand and price their fees, be that £10k or £10m. We are the authority for legal pricing and our software has attracted the attention of the largest firms in numerous countries, with a number of partnerships and customers signed. We're now strengthening our development team - you'll be our fourth engineering hire, with more to follow - offering a culture where you will work under your own initiative towards common goals. It's an opportunity to be a formative team member, to help shape our collaborative culture and methods, and to grow and improve together. Virtual Pricing Director is a privately-owned venture, founded by Burcher Jennings LLP and Validatum. https://www.virtualpricingdirector.com/
Location: fully remote, within the UK
Timing: joining us in the autumn, ideally during September
Apply now and work remotely at Virtual Pricing Director
- You bring ideas to life in the frontend. You develop stunning and complex features that help end consumers take the next step in making a big purchase decision.
- In our small and agile team of four developers you take ownership of technical conception, implementation, and releasing of features.
- If you want to bring in your own ideas for features and improvements, you will be in the right place. As a small team everyone strongly contributes to feature decisions and the path we take as a company.
- You constantly strive to improve code quality by writing code even Facebook would be proud of. Development Convenience is a permanent goal in all of our sprints.
You are good at
- You are strong in communication. You are fluent in English and love to work with people from different countries. You know how to validate decisions and communicate them clearly to your audience.
- You are passionate about software development. You are familiar with how to apply architectural patterns and have professional work experience developing with React on Cloud Infrastructure.
- You love coding and building great things with your own hands (and a keyboard ;-) ). You are good at learning and applying the latest technology to create outstanding products.
- You are a team player. You understand that we can only be successful as a team. Like everyone else in our great team, you are driven, honest and reliable, and enjoy a good laugh with your team-mates.
This is what you get
- Work from where you are happiest and enjoy a flexible day schedule. We are a distributed team, each individual following their personal daily schedule. We all commit to 40 hours a week with 4 hours of overlap 9 to 5 (UTC +1).
- We build and maintain a strong team culture. Our working culture is based on our four core values: We are driven to learn and build. We show initiative and get our hands dirty. We are open and honest. We enjoy working together.
- Your work has a direct impact on our customers. You are trusted to make the right decisions and free to act responsibly in the name of Conversional.
- Your opinion matters. We trust our team members to make the best decisions to achieve their goals. We don’t micromanage.
- Are you tired of useless meetings and slow decision making? We have flat hierarchies, no bullshit meetings and iterate quickly
- You work with top-notch technologies and best practices. We use Automated Testing and Continuous Integration to build a single page application and a powerful API.
This is what you will work on
We are a startup company located in Stuttgart and Munich in Germany. Our product is a marketing SaaS solution for specialised merchants. Placed on the dealer’s website it guides users through a questionnaire, rewards them, asks for personal data and even makes and manages appointments with the sales team. Want to have a look? https://demo.conversional.de/
Apply now and work remotely at Conversional GmbH
Come work directly alongside our founders and be a member of our small, but experienced, engineering and product team. Our tech stack consists of Typescript, Babylon.js, React, Apollo/GraphQL, and Nest.js. Everything is built on top of AWS using modern tooling.
Spot is trying to reimagine the distributed workplace, building a full-featured 3D office inside the browser. Within Spot, users can easily see and navigate the workplace, start conversations with the click of a button, and a whole lot more!
This is a remote position, but we are primarily located in Seattle, WA.
- Helping to realize our product roadmap and build out new features. This includes both the front-end UI as well as the backend logic
- Tweaking and improving existing features and functionality
- Solving scaling challenges related to our existing code and growing base of customers
- Helping to evolve our codebase and team: improving automation, tooling, and overall code quality
What we look for
- Several years of experience as part of a high-performing engineering team
- Deep experience with web technologies, preferably React and Node.js
- Solid front-end expertise. Deep understanding of HTML and CSS
- A pragmatic approach to problem solving– knowing what good code looks like while also understanding the art of shipping
- The ability to work independently at times and simply get stuff done.
Nice to haves
Experience with real time audio and video streaming
A proclivity towards 3D programming. Babylon.js experience a plus
An eye for product design and building beautiful user interfaces
Enjoyment of remote work, but an appreciation for some things that a physical office can bring (we want to close this gap!)
Apply now and work remotely at Spot.xyz
Front end Engineer
We are looking for a talented engineer with a passion for hands-on development, working on a complex code base, developing products with great UI & UX, and thrive to expand their skills every day.
You will be building a tool for developers used by some of the most inspiring tech companies in the world (Airbnb, GitHub, Mailchimp).
Their application is consisted of three different parts: the core (or library) that holds the business logic, the UI component library (our in-house tailored version of MaterialUI), and the application itself (which utilizes the two other parts). Ideally, you’ll be working on those three parts as our client values a full-stack mindset and comprehensive thinking.
- Work on a world-class tool for API development with an aim to deploy to 10M+ developers
- Developing a complex frontend application with React, TypeScript, Electron
- Help maintaining high code quality standards and utilize devops tools and automation
- Be the owner of features and sub-projects
- Directly work with the founder of the product
- Deliver improvements and new features quickly
- Help incremental improvements and pragmatic adoption of new technologies
- At least 10 years of hands-on development experience
A deep understanding of computer science and programming concepts
- A deep appreciation of well crafted UIs, beautifully designed products and smooth user experiences (you could have been a designer in another life)
- Desire to write clean, maintainable, testable code
- Curiosity for and experience in TDD is a plus
- Experience in working in an agile environment
- Experience in working on a productivity app or developer tool is a plus
- Self-driven, self-learner, builder, and achiever. You love getting things done.
You will be working within a small team of highly experienced developers. We want you to thrive in a very flexible environment, so we also:
- Reimburse your coworking space or home office expenses
- Offer 2-3 company trips per year
- Work with a global team that serves world-class tech companies
Apply now and work remotely at Omnes
Front End Full Stack Engineer
LeadSimple is a motivated team solving big problems in the property management industry. Bootstrapped since 2013, we're profitable and growing. The team is passionate about helping small businesses simplify growth and streamline operations. We're proud to provide the leading CRM in our space.
- Ruby on Rails
- GraphQL (Relay)
- CI / Deployment:
- Docker Compose
- Project Management
- Github with Zenhub for kanban
- Canny for roadmap
- Slack, Zoom, VSCode Live Share for collaboration
We're currently a team of 20 and growing, working remotely across 6 time zones, connecting via Slack and Zoom throughout the day.
We value work/life balance and work at a sane pace (40 hour weeks), Monday - Friday. We maintain 2-3 hours of overlap with US Pacific Time, to ease collaboration.
Customer impact drives priorities across the organization. Our Success and Product teams work closely with end users on a daily basis, using their feedback to refine our roadmap and assist Engineering in creating an exceptional product.
We're looking for 1-2 motivated and productive team members to accelerate product efforts. We're open to mid or senior roles.
You have a solid understanding of engineering concepts, are able to master our tech stack, tools and processes, and become a productive contributor to new feature development.
- Solid experience one or more of our other core technologies: React, Typescript, RelayJS, GraphQL, Ruby on Rails
- Taking well-scoped components to completion within a reasonable time frame
- Great communicator, asks questions, explains themselves, open to feedback
- Proficient learner and problem solver
- Cares for the end-user (see The Product-Minded Engineer)
Senior Software Engineer
You are a rock-solid engineer with mastery of at least one domain. You can own technical design for projects of moderate complexity, understand trade-offs, debug systems in your domain, and write high quality code while getting a lot done. You're collaborative and an active contributor to product discovery conversations.
- Considerable experience with 3 or more of our core technologies: React, Typescript, RelayJS, GraphQL, Ruby on Rails
- Experience translating complex user stories into detailed requirements
- Highly productive, moves fast without breaking things
- Great collaborator, takes initiative, asks questions, explains themselves, open to feedback
- Proficient learner and problem solver
- Cares for the end-user (see The Product-Minded Engineer)
All positions offer the following benefits:
- Early Off Fridays (every other Friday afternoon off)
- 2 Weeks Paid Vacation + 6 local holidays
- Healthcare Allowance
- Vacation Allowance
- Complete our application.
- We'll review it and let you know how we'd like to review some of your work (either via Github or a short coding assessment).
- We'll reach out to schedule a 30 minute call, and ask for references.
- Selected candidates will proceed to a 90 minute technical interview.
- If everything looks good, we'll arrange to speak with some of your references, and follow up with an offer.
If you take pride in your work, enjoy shaping real products and want to hone your craft, we'd love to hear from you!
Apply now and work remotely at LeadSimple
Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
Torq is a revenue generating, funded, fast growing startup working with Electronic Health Records to improve efficiency within hospital systems. The platforms we use include, but aren’t limited to, Hasura, Rails, TypeScript, React/RN, Docker, and Scikit-learn. We are a team of 8 highly motivated highly skilled entrepreneurs, two of us being full stack developers. We are looking for one more full stack developer to add to our team.
More about Torq Interface:
Torq was sponsored in MassChallenge Health IT for two consecutive years by Harvard Teaching Hospitals. We have since expanded into 100+ additional hospital sites, and are growing at a rapid pace. With a partnership with one of the largest Medical Device Companies in the world Torq is primed to reinvent the way in which the orthopedic device supply chain is handled.
We are looking for more than a coder, we are looking for a true team member to grow with us and be a part of innovation.
We work with major Hospital systems who require that you are a U.S. Citizen
Apply now and work remotely at Torq Interface
iOS Android Native App Developer Generalist
NOTE: Applicants located in Uruguay or Minnesota, US are preferred!
Are you a technical generalist with serious software and app development skills looking for a new challenge for your creative abilities? We were fully remote before it was cool.
Product spaces we work with include pet/recreation, audio, music industry, and scientific. There will be many opportunities for experimentation, R&D, and even the development of our own in-house products and apps.
We're a confidential product development firm writing apps to integrate with next-generation hardware products for major brands. If you join us, you'll have the flexibility to work where you like while you collaborate with a worldwide team of firmware, systems, QA, and software experts. If you've shipped apps professionally and you'd like to get involved with product development, get in touch!
You should have demonstrated experience with:
- iOS Native
- Android Native
- Some cloud stack such as nodejs
- Some cross-platform desktop or mobile stack such as Electron/Capacitor
Apply now and work remotely at KREKELTRONICS
Senior Full Stack Developer
TalkJS lets developers build a perfect chat feature in just a few hours. We power communication in online marketplaces, community sites, trading platforms and so on.
We're product driven and we care tremendously about quality: We're out to build the tool that every developer worldwide will use to build chat/communication features. TalkJS touches millions of people and is growing quickly.
We're hiring smart & autonomous people to solve challenging problems. We think you ship your best work when you're happy, well-rested, have a healthy work/life balance, and get full autonomy to make the right calls. More info on https://talkjs.com/jobs.
Senior Fullstack Developer
We want TalkJS to be the default tool for developers to build chat features. To accomplish that vision, we need to make TalkJS deliciously customizable and still fantastic out of the box.
We're looking to extend the team with someone who has broad front- and backend experience. Stack includes React/TypeScript/Elixir but it's OK if you're not experienced with all of those precisely. Our humble goal is to ship a product that's super simple to install, fantastic to use immediately, and infinitely customizable. Simple and customizable seem deeply at odds with each other, but we think we can pull it off. If you're up for the challenge of marrying the two, then this is for you.
We offer tremendous freedom and responsibility + work in a remarkably decent codebase (for a startup :D). At TalkJS we like to think that we're good at striking a balance between meticulous code and shipping quickly. If that sounds like your kind of environment, then this is for you.
Our ideal candidate:
- has broad technical interests
- likes to design great APIs for other programmers
- has demonstrable experience writing single-page web applications
- has demonstrable experience writing backends
- knows at least 3 programming languages well
- likes to work together with the team to make our product better across the board
Bonus points if you know Elixir.
Salary varies with seniority and is benchmarked to Dutch/Amsterdam norms.
Apply now and work remotely at TalkJS
Lead Front End Engineer
We’re only able to consider applicants based in the United States at this time. (You can work remotely anywhere in the United States, or from our office in San Francisco.)
We are looking for an experienced lead front-end engineer who knows their way around React to help us develop an online platform (we’d need your help with the web side of things). We’re a small growing engineering team distributed around the US & Europe, with an office in San Francisco. We iterate quickly, ship every day, build for the long term, and are looking for smart, independent engineers who want to ply their trade with like-minded people.
- Architect, build, deploy and iterate on new features and capabilities of the Archipelago application stack.
- Collaborate with other engineers, design, and product to build out new capabilities and designs.
- Build fast but design for the feature through architecting efficient and reusable components.
- Own the quality of your deliverable through good design, implementation and unit testing.
- Ship code to production frequently.
Experience and Qualifications
- 7+ years of frontend SaaS application development experience
- Experience building responsive and cross-browser compatible web applications with a strong UI focus
- Production environment coding experience with React, Typescript, and Graphql.
- Proven track record of delivering highly-performant and scalable software solutions, and commitments to demanding business customers.
- Knowledge of best practices & patterns for large scale web applications.
- Work independently as part of a distributed team.
Desired but not Required
Experience building applications for the insurance industry.
You’ll join at an early stage of the company, so you can take something from 0 to 1
We’re a supportive team who will give you as much assistance or independence as you like
We have an office in San Francisco, but most of your engineering teammates work remotely from around the world. Pre-existing remote work experience would be a big plus. If you’d like to work remotely, please note that we’re only able to consider applicants based in the US at this time.
Archipelago is a start-up working to revolutionize how risk is insured. Our founders are tech & finance entrepreneurs with several IPOs and acquisitions under their belts. We are headquartered in San Francisco, have raised several millions in seed money to date, and currently employ over a hundred people across the US & Europe.
View other openings in Archipelago: https://archipelago.breezy.hr/
Apply now and work remotely at ArchipelagoApply
**Backend Developer (TypeScript / Node.js)
We are looking for a backend developer to build chatbots and related services. We write most of our services in TypeScript, but will occasionally use other languages when it makes sense (such as Rust when predictable memory usage and latency are required). You'll be joining an experienced team that is still continuously experimenting and improving.
- Develop new services and APIs, and improve existing ones
- Work with other engineers to choose the best libraries, algorithms, and approaches to solve problems
- Write readable, efficient code that can pass peer review and review the pull requests of other developers
- Package your service as a container and document how to use it
- Design automated load tests and end-to-end tests
Strong proficiency with TypeScript and Node.js
Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks
Experience with SQL databases
Some understanding of HTML5 and CSS3 (understanding of React is a strong plus)
Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
Apply now and work remotely at Call Levels Pte Ltd
Senior Front End Engineer
#What is the job?
No matter how powerful and flexible you build a platform, at the end of the day it’s the tools you present to the user that define the experience. Radix is seeking a savvy UX expert to come build the experiences that will define the future of decentralized finance (DeFi).
DeFi has turned out to be the killer app that is taking public distributed ledgers from niche products for speculators and hobbyists to projects of global economic significance, and with it has come a new paradigm for user interfaces. Authentication models, interoperability expectations, and the entire concept of user accounts are all undergoing dramatic changes; at Radix you’ll have the opportunity to define the way forward while working at the very cutting edge of a space undergoing furious growth.
Working from a series of end-to-end user scenarios, you will wireframe delightful user experiences and pitch your design to a team of brilliant folks who care very deeply about the end result. Next, you’ll work with artists and UI experts to produce a consumable design with appropriate fonts, colors and iconography, after which you’ll move on to implementation with a small team. You’ll be primarily focused on delivering the front-end, but expect a healthy dose of implementing the requisite services you will consume, as well.
#What are we looking for?
You’re able to isolate the 90% case for user experiences. You think in terms of making the most common interactions effortless, rather than making anything possible.
When discussing new capabilities, your first instinct is to think of the user story rather than the feature set.
You don’t get wedded to ideas. You’re not reluctant to throw prototypes away when something isn’t working.
You’re a confident coder who has built public-facing user interfaces in the past. You have some experience building REST services and/or WebSocket backends.
You’re intelligent and learn quickly. Absolutely no one at Radix winds up only doing what’s in their job description, and adaptability is essential.
#What do you need?
4+ years as a professional software engineer
Fluent with React or Vue
Comfortable with Java or C#
A love for all things crypto is a huge plus!
#Who are we?
At Radix, we're a team of like-minded thinkers who have long been convinced that we're living in the earliest stages of a global financial revolution. This revolution is being fuelled by decentralized finance (or DeFi for short), which is enabling an assortment of pioneering developers and entrepreneurs to re-invent almost every financial product that is currently traded and invested in traditional markets, without requiring central authorities or siloed infrastructure. DeFi has captured a great deal of attention and investment in the crypto-aware niche, growing assets under management from $1 billion to $40 billion in less than a year. Impressive as its growth has been, its current market size isn't even a rounding error on the over $111 trillion held in traditional finance. We're focused on what it will take to go from billions to trillions.
Radix went back to first principles to come up with the right technical solution—the first layer-one protocol built specifically for mainstream DeFi—and we have already tested out at over 1 million transactions per second. We're keenly aware that the need for an infinitely scalable platform is only one prerequisite among many for mass adoption, and we're also blazing new ground in the areas of purpose-built developer tools, user experiences, and regulatory integration.
We have forged a path deep into the future of what distributed ledger technology is going to look like and we need you to come and be part of the team that is making that happen right now.
Apply now and work remotely at Radix DLT
Senior Software Engineer
After a heady year of going from 0 to 1 million users, we have secured funding from some of Silicon Valley’s top investors to grow our engineering team to accelerate our growth to 10 million users. You will join a small team of 4 engineers (two others on front-end) dedicated to maintaining and growing our integrations (including Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Classroom, Gmail) enabling voice messaging and feedback use cases for the education sector and beyond.
Mote's mission is to make voice messaging faster and more useful for busy people everywhere. We help our users to type less, and talk more, so they can save time, communicate clearly and feel better connected.
The stack you will be working on
The back-end is built with Python, Flask, Redis, Dynamo, ECS, S3 and sprinklings of Azure and GCP. A desire to contribute to back-end API implementation is welcomed if full stack feature ownership is strongly desired as a preferred way of working, but is very far from an essential requirement.
As a full time front-end engineer typical duties will include:
- maintain and build new features powering our website and Chrome extension
- extending our layers of test automation (Jest, QA Wolf)
- review and feedback on Figma UX with our Designer
- contribute to coding standards and tooling
- write or review technical proposals on longer running work streams like refactoring the codebase, localisation, increasing test coverage, or packaging up our code into an SDK, porting our experience to React Native
If you like “full-stacking” features, and are willing, able or just curious to learn and contribute to our Python, that is a bonus though not an expectation.
How we work
- We are a remote-only Product and Engineering team based in Europe. We believe some synchrony while we remain small is a startup superpower for being able to stay nimble and flexible. Therefore, team members are expected to be significantly reachable on Slack and Zoom over a 6 hour window between 9 AM to 3 PM GMT during weekdays.
- We are not a huge fan of meetings, having all experienced megacorp meeting anti-patterns, but some high bandwidth communication is necessary for effective team collaboration. At a minimum, we have one weekly sprint retro and planning session, daily engineering stand ups and monthly company-wide town halls. Over and above that, we take a pragmatic, iterative view on the right communication tools and approaches for different types of collaboration, ranging from quick questions in Slack DMs, to tickets in Clubhouse, PRDs and tech specs in Google Docs, Figma design specs, ad hoc Zoom sessions to brainstorm problems, and planned Zoom sessions to review designs or specs.
- Feedback is one of the core use cases of our product. We strongly believe a startup is an accelerated learning laboratory where the most important practise is to constantly and positively reflect on our behaviour and results, providing individual and collective feedback regularly.
- You are a senior front-end engineer, with at least 5 years experience at fast-growth consumer and/or SaaS tech companies.
- You either have formal degree-level training in Computer Science or can demonstrate solid evidence of self-taught solid grasp of fundamentals.
- You have demonstrated you are a high impact team contributor combining high levels of accuracy, rigour and output.
- You have excellent judgement on engineering trade-offs, with a fine-tuned sense of when to pick between accruing more tech debt, leaving as is but increasing tests, refactoring or wholesale rewriting.
- You live by the “no asshole” rule, demonstrating high levels of empathy for peers, non-technical colleagues and users.
We are developing a proof of concept for mobile with React Native, so experience there is desirable but not essential.
- Competitive salary
- Stock option plan
- Leave package
- Work from home
- Flexible hours
- Working with an amazing team
Apply now and work remotely at Mote
Senior Fullstack Engineer
Who are we looking for?
To help evolve our product offering, we're looking for Senior Fullstack Engineers with a focus on frontend web and mobile projects developed in React or React Native. We're looking for someone passionate, who has an aptitude and desire towards learning, and who's above all not afraid of technical challenges!
Working as a key member of our technology team, you'll be responsible for implementing important new features of high quality and usability that will be used globally by millions of online and offline consumers.
You’ll be using exciting new technologies like React, Redux, ES6, typescript, Node, Docker, Mongo, Python and many many more.
Job type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000 – 80,000/ year
Experience level: Senior, Lead
Preferred time zone: CET or +/- 3 hours
What does our Tech team look like?
We currently have 15 people in our Tech team (1 Chief Technology Officer, 6 Fullstack Engineers, 1 DevOps, 4 Computer Vision Engineers, and 3 Designers). Joining the team, you'll have the opportunity to grow alongside your colleagues and learn new things every single day.
We prefer an agile and asynchronous way of working and are organised in 2 weeks sprints with a mid check-in. Things we value most is trust, ownership, flexibility, and growth (both personal and professional).
What you should know?
Experience with Redux, TypeScript, styled-components
Solid understanding of version control (git workflow), testing, continuous integration and deployment
Succeeding in this role requires english proficiency.
Extra points for: React Native, Mobile development, Node.js, MongoDB, Parse Server, Deep learning, AR and computer vision
What does our hiring process look like?
Our hiring process is divided into 4 steps
Step 1: Initial screening
Step 2: Assignment (we promise to keep it fun and short, max. 45 - 60 mins)
Step 3: Meet our CTO and technical team
Step 4: Offer
What do we offer?
Full-time work, remote preferred
Flexible working hours
Skill development & well-being budget
Paid vacation time (5 weeks/ year + 10 local holidays)
Paid parental leave
Who are we?
Revieve is a market-leading beauty-technology company partnered with 100+ global brands on 4 continents building the new standard of commerce across skin, beauty, health and wellness. We enable brands and retailers to drive their customer-experience leveraging AI, AR and Computer-Vision. We've been fortunate to partner with world-leading brands including ULTA, Shiseido, Unilever and others to drive business results.
We’re a group of creative minds and growth-minded action-takers. We’re proud of the work we do and inspired by the people we work with. Although we are organised in different departments, many of us wear multiple hats and thrive in the ability to learn new things and grow, both professionally as well as personally.
We’re inherently global with a diverse team of about 50+ people representing 20+ nationalities across 3 continents and 8 different time zones.
If you join us, you'll be able to enjoy being part of a fast-paced environment where we get stuff done and are fully aligned on a shared vision.
Apply now and work remotely at RevieveApply