React Front End Engineer
We are looking for an experienced front-end engineer who knows their way around React to help us develop an online platform (we’d need your help with the web side of things). We’re a small (less than 10 people) engineering team distributed around the US & Europe, with an office in San Francisco. We iterate quickly, ship every day, build for the long term, and are looking for smart, independent engineers who want to ply their trade with like-minded people.
- You’ll join at an early stage of the company, so you can take something from 0 to 1
- We’re a supportive team who will give you as much assistance or independence as you like
We have an office in San Francisco, but most of your engineering teammates work remotely from around the world. Pre-existing remote work experience would be a big plus. If you’d like to work remotely, please note that we’re only able to consider applicants based in the US, UK or Europe at this time.
Archipelago is a start-up working to revolutionize how risk is insured. Our founders are tech & finance entrepreneurs with several IPOs and acquisitions under their belts. We are headquartered in San Francisco, have raised several million in seed money to date, and currently employ over a dozen people across the US & Europe.
Apply now and work remotely at ArchipelagoApply
Marigold is entering the new market of legalized marijuana in the United States by becoming the first website to take the hardships, uneasiness, and confusion out of trying marijuana. We provide customized and curated products suggestions to individuals based on their specific needs.
What we’re building: SEO heavy React+Node system with SSR continuously deployed into a Kubernetes cluster in order to move fast and break into a new market.
Quality and speed are both important so you should have a strong desire to keep up with best practices. We’ll be using A/B testing to figure out which features to build and keep, meaning we can focus on delivering value and not just flavor of the day features.
Our target platforms are all modern browsers, smart phones and tablets and eventually native apps, and we’ll be using GraphQL to make it easier to support these many use cases.
Our team works iteratively, agilely and relies heavily on Slack and a simple PM tool to track priorities.
We need thoughtful engineers who love web apps and have real production experience building consumer facing responsive sites. You should be excited about building a whole project from the ground up, like taking ownership, care about code quality, and want to work on a small team (3-4 people) to start with. Please include the following at the tope of your application: “I am excited to build from the ground up!”
At least in the beginning, you need to be available for two or three hour-long conference calls (in English) per week, between the hours of 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM PST.
The position is 100% remote full-time contract position with no current end date.
Apply now and work remotely at Marigold Solutions IncApply
Netdata is looking for talented frontend developers to join our distributed (remote) engineering team.
As a frontend developer at Netdata, you will need to be passionate about web technologies, declarative/reactive programming paradigms, testable code and extreme performance. You will live and breathe within the Chrome/Firefox/Safari Developer Tools and make sure we deliver a world-class experience to the millions of people using our product on a daily basis.
Why join Netdata
We are a team of industry veterans and senior engineers that prioritize performance and ease of use over anything else.
We embrace remote work and great work-life balance.
We are solving hard problems that affect thousands of organisations worldwide.
We are deeply committed to Open Source and love our community.
We deeply care about system performance.
When you join Netdata, you can expect
A competitive salary.
A generous stock plan.
To join a venture-backed startup working with some of the most sophisticated investors of Silicon Valley.
To be part of our world-class team and interact with an amazing community.
To see first-hand how to grow and succeed in an engineering-first, open source-based company.
To find a culture that rewards doers.
Netdata is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment for everyone, regardless of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military service or other non-merit factor.
Apply now and work remotely at Netdata Inc.Apply
Senior Node JS Developer
About the Job
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help build and operate the next generation streaming platform for the German market. Together with your team you are building message driven microservices in Node.js that communicate through Kafka and run on Docker in AWS. In the Users and Monetization team we build a service with a 99.99% Availability (100ms latency for 95th percentile) in a multi-region setup using Cassandra with zero downtime deployments to give our customers the best user experience for a future multi-million user base. The responsibility of our service is to provide authentication (direct or third party OAuth2/SSO), authorisation, subscription and payment management with the payment providers.
What you tell people at parties
"My services run in a large-scale cloud environment, making sure you can enjoy live streaming and video on demand in the Joyn app on any device, anywhere"
What you do
- Work in a team of passionate and talented engineers that self-organise and continuously deliver value by embracing a lean and agile mindset.
- Build the next generation streaming platform and provide services around user identity, asset management, subscriptions and payments, fraud, analytics, etc. in Node.js.
- Engineering is craftsmanship and you enjoy applying good engineering practises - implement processes, systems and tools to aid and you and your team in the day to day work.
- Participate in technical design and architectural discussions within your team and with other teams solve some real consumer issues
- Deploy your code multiple times a day and take care of running your services in production on AWS without disrupting the service
- learn and succeed in areas you haven’t touched before.
- follow trends in software and streaming tech and turn your learnings into features and improvements that delight our customers
- You learn and succeed in areas you haven’t touched before and you are open to coach each other in the team.
- How you do it
- you enjoy solving difficult technical problems in the team - because 1+1=3
- we value autonomy in the teams and at the same time we like you to take ownership for the products you are building.
- you get a chance to work with Node.js, Kafka, AWS, Docker, you name it.
- your develop code for solving complex business problems, and you find solutions that are simple, beautiful, and sustainable
- we really care about the product and you should keep the consumer in mind when designing your solution together with product
- learn from both success and failure, actively coach and get coached by the team
Why you’ll love working for us
- Competitive remote contract opportunity
- Fast-paced startup with an already strong and healthy user base
- Ability to put your stamp on an innovative product
- Passionate, diverse, and supportive team members
- Open, transparent, and bureaucracy-free company culture
We're fast, well-funded and growing quickly. It's an exciting time to join us!
Apply now and work remotely at Joyn