TravelJoy (NFX S16) is re-imagining the travel industry, starting with modern tools to help the 100K travel agents in the U.S. win more business and manage their network of clients and suppliers. We’re a remote-first, well-funded, 7-person startup looking to bring on another fantastic engineer to help build our product. We have thousands of paying customers who rely on TravelJoy daily. Founded by 2 ex-LiveRampers ($310MM exit).
You're the ideal candidate if you:
- are humble
- communicate clearly and proactively
- get things done
- work independently
- are professionally and emotionally mature
- know how to balance elegance and expediency
- give and take constructive feedback well
- care about what you're building
- have 5 references who will tell us examples of the above
You are comfortable:
- operating at all levels of the stack
- shipping features from conception to launch
- creating user interfaces that non-technical people can use
- optimizing databases and have a good understanding of web app security
- working directly with customers, including 1-2 hrs of weekend support every ~2 months
- working remotely, attending daily video standups, and having 4 hours workday overlap with 9a - 5p PT
- traveling quarterly for team meetups (when it's safe to do so)
Apply now and work remotely at TravelJoy
Senior Frontend Engineer
Otis is looking for talented frontend engineers to bring our vision of democratizing wealth to life. We're not looking for rockstars or ninjas; we're simply looking for smart people who are always willing to learn, enjoy collaborating, and never shy away from a challenge.
You'll be joining a lean engineering team working to build a consumer facing app at the intersection of culture and fintech, poised to scale in the coming year.
Note that we are open to a range of commitment levels (full-time, part-time, and contract work) and are happy to work with team members to find the best work structure for their lives.
What you'll do:
- As a frontend engineer, you will play a key role building our mobile app in React Native and Redux.
- This includes building new features, maintaining and improving our codebase, and providing feedback on APIs and architecture.
- Our team is highly collaborative, and you’ll also have the chance to provide feedback on everything from culture to architecture, as well as team operations and the overall product.
Who you are:
- You have 2+ years experience with React or Vue.
- You are obsessed with clean code. You take pride in great class design and choosing the right level of abstraction. Tests are your best friend.
- You love keeping up with the latest developments in the mobile world. Last year, you were mad that Hooks for React hadn't been released yet.
- You're familiar with REST APIs. You immediately wrinkle your nose when you see POST /update_name.
- We prefer generalists over specialists and look for candidates with a history of pushing past their comfort zone and learning new things.
- You understand—and are excited to join—an early stage company and have the opportunity to play a critical part in building the app and new features.
- U.S. work authorization with no visa sponsorship required.
Want to learn more?
Take a look at our culture docs (here: https://www.notion.so/otiswealth/Curious-about-Otis-46df28b7e37c4b1fa5e4681a0efda4e4), including details on compensation, potential projects, and more.
At Otis, we turn aficionados into shareholders. We believe in transparency, liquidity, and trusting your own gut. We're democratizing an otherwise closed market and making alternative assets accessible. Invest in the things that you value, and whose value you understand, for as little as $25 and build a portfolio better suited to a museum than a stock ticker.
We have a saying here: “we design our culture like we design the product.” Culture is the most important foundation for a successful company. A great culture provides the context for people to deliver their best work. Our goal is to find the fastest way to win. Our culture is designed to allow us to achieve this (read more here: https://www.notion.so/otiswealth/Culture-cf25a1c921b142b2a67ae993493bae13).
We don’t believe that better negotiators necessarily make better employees. Every employee can see their current salary, the salary levels for their team, and what each level’s salary increase would amount to in the future. This allows us to offer equal pay to all employees.
Otis is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a culture where diverse thoughts are welcomed and rewarded.
Apply now and work remotely at Otis
Front End Developer
What you’ll do
- Deliver modern, testable and maintainable code
- Participate in development and maintenance of Node.js APIs supporting the website and API services
- Participate in knowledge sharing and mentoring for other developers in your team
Who you are
- At least 4 years experience of modern web development
- Knowledge of responsive design practices, delivered cleanly and consistently across a wide variety of platforms, browsers and devices
- Natural focus on high standards, quality, testing and unit testing, and tools like Karma, Jasmine and/or Jest
- Previous work experience interacting with APIs through AJAX/JSON, and ideally also Google Maps APIs or APIs of other map providers
- Familiarity with, or interest in, automated testing, continuous integration, and cloud deployment
- Experience with high-performance web delivery, optimizing front-end code, page-load performance and caching is a strong plus
- Experience in developing REST APIs in Node.js and/or modern PHP development is meriting but not a requirement
- Strong written and spoken English
- Note that this is a fully remote position, but we would like you be located within a 2-hour time difference from Sweden's timezone (CET/CEST) to align your working hours with the rest of the team.
With over 2 million daily users, Flightradar24 is the world’s most popular flight tracking service and our apps regularly top the App Store and Google Play charts. We also offer a wide range of commercial services and customers include many of the largest names in aviation. We're constantly adding new services and improving existing products. To help us meet those challenges, we're looking for creative, collaborative and tech-savvy applicants to join us.
Apply now and work remotely at Flightradar24Apply
Frontend Web Developer
Full remote work possible (European timezones only)
We are the fastest-growing marketplace for refurbished electronics in the German-speaking region. Our products save up to 70% of CO2 emissions in comparison to a new device and are also up to 40% cheaper. Additionally, for every sold device we plant a tree and we were already able to plant more than 200,000 trees to fight global warming.
We were founded in February 2017 and grew to more than 90 employees in less than three years and expanded to Italy and Poland already. Along the way we won several awards and have already sold tens of thousands of products, making us one of the fastest-growing startups in Europe in 2020. Additionally, we recently announced one of Austria's biggest Series A funding rounds of € 15.6 mn.
Our main system consists of an HTTP API and backend workers written in Go, a public interface serving HTML pages to our customers written in Go and connecting to our API, Vue.js interfaces embedded into our public interface, and a standalone Vue.js management interface.
Key technologies are: Go, Vue.js, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ and AMQP.
Together with you we want to build the leading marketplace for refurbished electronics in Europe.
- Development of our main API
- Development of our smaller backend services
- Integration of external systems into our platform
- Formal education in computer science
- Significant experience designing and implementing backend services
- Significant experience with software development in Go
- Good knowledge of SQL and relational database design
- You work independently and goal oriented
- You have excellent English skills
ADDITIONAL FACTORS WE APPRECIATE
- You have experience with PostgreSQL
- You are comfortable working with Linux and FreeBSD
- You have experience working with backend services like Nginx or RabbitMQ
- You have experience working with load balancing/failover infrastructure
- You are active in the open-source community
- You can speak German
- Startup atmosphere
- Full remote position
- Flexible working hours
- Fair compensation
- Collaboration with all parts of the company
- Experienced and ambitious team
Please send us representative examples of your work, like of open-source projects you contributed to. If you are active in communities like Stack Overflow, please let us know.
Payment, depending on qualification and experience, between 3 000 and 6 500 EUR.
Apply now and work remotely at RefurbedApply
Looking to join a fun, highly-talented team that’s working on an edtech product the world really needs right now?
LearnCube is on a mission to transform live online education across the globe. Through our award-winning online classroom and online school, we help education entrepreneurs to succeed online. We also have a special strength in online language education, where we work with iconic language education companies like Babbel.
We're growing fast and need your help.
More about LearnCube and our development stack:
LearnCube is a leading edtech SAAS provider. Our Virtual Classroom and Online School platform makes it easy for language teachers and tutors to teach online professionally.
LearnCube’s customers are individual tutors, edupreneurs, online language schools and tutoring companies.
We’re a fast-growing company founded in 2014, based in London but with a “remote-first” culture.
As a web developer for LearnCube, you will be working with a close, highly-talented team on our online classroom and online school products.
You will have so much more opportunity to learn, contribute and grow professionally with a startup like LearnCube, than you would from working for a big but soulless technology company.
We use vue.js, Python and Django to build our cutting-edge solution but there’s also plenty of room to build your skills, experiment and play with other exciting technologies.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to online classroom features and new products. For example, in the last year, we released new homework, large group classroom and breakout room features for our online classroom.
Improve the experience for our school administrators, teachers and students through learning analytics and data logging.
- Scaling infrastructure is not the focus of your work but we offer a unique opportunity to gain experience if you’re curious. COVID-19 has increased the number of classes we deliver by more than 10-fold with more high-potential opportunities on the horizon.
- Collaborate with other areas of LearnCube - customer support, customer success and sales - to improve the business, user experience and customer experience.
- Provide some technical customer support for customer queries, especially for our VIP customers using our API products.
- Keep up-to-date with best practices and technology.
- Support research and development of our most innovative ideas within our “Learncube Labs” including smart ways to improve education through A.I.
More about the role:
- Initial 3-month fixed term contract (remote position) followed by full-time contract if it goes well.
- Market-related, competitive salary with a generous vacation policy.
- Salary with company bonus.
- This a remote position. There is no office!
- Think of this also as a 'spring-board' position with lots more opportunity to grow your career into a leadership role if that is your desired path.
Criteria for a successful candidate:
- Honest, humble, highly competent, fast-learner, self-starter and motivated by the mission
- Minimum of 2+ years of software development experience
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team
- Attention to detail
- Shows initiative and not shy from taking on responsibility and projects
- Ability to adapt and grow (startup life isn’t a straight line)
- Able to overlap with European business hours at least once per day
Bonus points for a successful candidate:
- Some experience with VueJS
- Some experience with Django
- Some experience with MySQL
- Experience with WebRTC / Websockets
- Experience with Redis
- Experience with AWS tech stack
- API gateway, Lambda, DynamoDB, ELB, EC2, RDS
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- Design / UX skills
- Association or experience with tutoring or learning spoken languages
- Startup experience
- Evidence of creating your own products and solutions
- Are you a team player and a good person? We have a strict no d///head policy and are not looking for “programming purists”.
- Do you have a strong interest in education and edtech?
- Are you fluent in spoken and written English? Note, you don’t have to be a perfect native speaker.
- Do you already share our values: honesty, trust, grit, motivation, and energy?
- Can you demonstrate strong skills in customer support and care, understanding how to work with people and getting them the help they need?
- Can you provide evidence of at least 6-12 months of experience working at least 20 hours a week remotely?
LearnCube perks and path
- Freedom to live wherever you like as long as you have reliable internet and a permanent residence.
- Annual all-expenses-paid team trip to an exciting location in Europe (when it's properly safe to travel again).
- A clear career path to lead part of our development and product team as we grow.
- We offer a supportive, safe and fun work environment. Whatever gender, race, sexuality, nationality, religion, education, languages or quirks you have (or don’t), we don’t mind. Just bring strong values of honesty, trust, grit, motivation, and energy.
- We’ll provide a monthly contribution towards your home-office or favourite local co-working space.
- Loads of opportunity for professional development.
- Oh… and you’ll feel much more motivated knowing you’re changing the world for the better; improving both the access to and quality of education across the world.
Aside from the non-negotiables, please don’t worry if you can’t check absolutely every criteria above (you’re probably more awesome than you think).
Apply now and work remotely at LearnCubeApply
Senior Frontend Engineer
We, at Octopods (https://octopods.io), are a small, sharp-focused and deliberate team. We built Octopods to connect businesses using live chat software (like Intercom) to the most popular messaging channels out there (like WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, etc). We started small, and we want to keep staying small, bootstrapped, and very profitable. But we do dream big, and we have plenty of big plans. We want to tackle our next set of exciting challenges in the next years to come and this is where YOU come in the picture, we want your help for us to do so.
About the role,
We are looking to hire a Senior Frontend Engineer to join our small distributed team around different parts of Ireland, Canada and other spots around the world. Ideally, we are looking for a frontend generalist, someone who can wear many hats, someone who is pragmatic, and most importantly, who thinks from first principles (https://fs.blog/2018/04/first-principles). We work remotely, and so this is a 100% remote role. You can choose to work anywhere you'd like having at least 6 hours overlapping with GMT+0.
Here are few pieces of work you will have a chance to work on,
Lead our frontend engineering efforts and set the bar for our Senior Frontend Engineer.
Architecting our monolithic frontend for our new upcoming suite of products.
Building omnichannel conversational experiences for businesses to communicate with their customers.
Building a chatbot designer or editor from scratch to support major business messaging channels.
Founding a design system for our suite of new upcoming products.
Building or choosing a UI Kit and wrap it up with framework components.
Collaborating tightly with our Product Designer to solve complex design problems, empathetically.
And a few more equally exciting and challenging projects!
A little bit about what we think can be a good fit for us,
You worked extensively with Vue.js or React.js in the last 4 years & above.
You worked & architected data flow patterns with a front-end app.
You worked with WebSockets, and/or realtime web technologies.
You worked with REST, GraphQL APIs and you can put an argument for using one over the other.
You understand the value of writing tests, as an investment for the future.
You worked & grokked with Webpack and can set up reliable build pipelines.
You have solid HTML5 + CSS3 foundations.
You worked on a SaaS product before, and you understand the Laws of UX well.
You did some work with Ruby. The more exposed you are to it, the merrier.
You write your code with empathy for your fellow Engineers, and for future readers.
You have are self-driven, and can self-manage.
You can write and communicate in English succinctly. You wrote technical plans before, we do write a lot.
You love to take on complex problems, and you don't shy away from fixing issues.
You have some remote experience, and you understand its challenges.
You can take, and give feedback openly.
You are kind, and there is ≥5% a chance we will see you smile. :)
You like to work in a small team, and have direct ownership of your work.
You think of technology, not as an ideology but rather as means to push value into the world.
Your engineering skills are as important as your entrepreneurial skills to us. We value frontend generalists who can take a problem from its most ambiguous state and deliver its end value to solve a real world problem for our customers.
About pay & benefits,
A salary up to 4,000$ per month or up to 48,000$ yearly (USD).
1 full-month yearly bonus subject to yearly performance.
Reimbursing your monthly internet bill.
A new laptop and equipment that you will need.
100% remote, stress-free and friendly environment.
We don't have managers, we will work to enable you be successful and get out of the way.
You'll have the opportunity to have a massive impact due to our size and being an early stage.
If you'd like to work with us, send us your resume, and a personal message. :)
If we feel like we can work together, we will send you an email with the next steps.
Apply now and work remotely at Octopods