TravelJoy (NFX S16) is re-imagining the travel industry, starting with modern tools to help the 100K travel agents in the U.S. win more business and manage their network of clients and suppliers. We’re a remote-first, well-funded, 7-person startup looking to bring on another fantastic engineer to help build our product. We have thousands of paying customers who rely on TravelJoy daily. Founded by 2 ex-LiveRampers ($310MM exit).
You're the ideal candidate if you:
- are humble
- communicate clearly and proactively
- get things done
- work independently
- are professionally and emotionally mature
- know how to balance elegance and expediency
- give and take constructive feedback well
- care about what you're building
- have 5 references who will tell us examples of the above
You are comfortable:
- operating at all levels of the stack
- shipping features from conception to launch
- creating user interfaces that non-technical people can use
- optimizing databases and have a good understanding of web app security
- working directly with customers, including 1-2 hrs of weekend support every ~2 months
- working remotely, attending daily video standups, and having 4 hours workday overlap with 9a - 5p PT
- traveling quarterly for team meetups (when it's safe to do so)
Apply now and work remotely at TravelJoy
Looking to join a fun, highly-talented team that’s working on an edtech product the world really needs right now?
LearnCube is on a mission to transform live online education across the globe. Through our award-winning online classroom and online school, we help education entrepreneurs to succeed online. We also have a special strength in online language education, where we work with iconic language education companies like Babbel.
We're growing fast and need your help.
More about LearnCube and our development stack:
LearnCube is a leading edtech SAAS provider. Our Virtual Classroom and Online School platform makes it easy for language teachers and tutors to teach online professionally.
LearnCube’s customers are individual tutors, edupreneurs, online language schools and tutoring companies.
We’re a fast-growing company founded in 2014, based in London but with a “remote-first” culture.
As a web developer for LearnCube, you will be working with a close, highly-talented team on our online classroom and online school products.
You will have so much more opportunity to learn, contribute and grow professionally with a startup like LearnCube, than you would from working for a big but soulless technology company.
We use vue.js, Python and Django to build our cutting-edge solution but there’s also plenty of room to build your skills, experiment and play with other exciting technologies.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to online classroom features and new products. For example, in the last year, we released new homework, large group classroom and breakout room features for our online classroom.
Improve the experience for our school administrators, teachers and students through learning analytics and data logging.
- Scaling infrastructure is not the focus of your work but we offer a unique opportunity to gain experience if you’re curious. COVID-19 has increased the number of classes we deliver by more than 10-fold with more high-potential opportunities on the horizon.
- Collaborate with other areas of LearnCube - customer support, customer success and sales - to improve the business, user experience and customer experience.
- Provide some technical customer support for customer queries, especially for our VIP customers using our API products.
- Keep up-to-date with best practices and technology.
- Support research and development of our most innovative ideas within our “Learncube Labs” including smart ways to improve education through A.I.
More about the role:
- Initial 3-month fixed term contract (remote position) followed by full-time contract if it goes well.
- Market-related, competitive salary with a generous vacation policy.
- Salary with company bonus.
- This a remote position. There is no office!
- Think of this also as a 'spring-board' position with lots more opportunity to grow your career into a leadership role if that is your desired path.
Criteria for a successful candidate:
- Honest, humble, highly competent, fast-learner, self-starter and motivated by the mission
- Minimum of 2+ years of software development experience
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team
- Attention to detail
- Shows initiative and not shy from taking on responsibility and projects
- Ability to adapt and grow (startup life isn’t a straight line)
- Able to overlap with European business hours at least once per day
Bonus points for a successful candidate:
- Some experience with VueJS
- Some experience with Django
- Some experience with MySQL
- Experience with WebRTC / Websockets
- Experience with Redis
- Experience with AWS tech stack
- API gateway, Lambda, DynamoDB, ELB, EC2, RDS
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- Design / UX skills
- Association or experience with tutoring or learning spoken languages
- Startup experience
- Evidence of creating your own products and solutions
- Are you a team player and a good person? We have a strict no d///head policy and are not looking for “programming purists”.
- Do you have a strong interest in education and edtech?
- Are you fluent in spoken and written English? Note, you don’t have to be a perfect native speaker.
- Do you already share our values: honesty, trust, grit, motivation, and energy?
- Can you demonstrate strong skills in customer support and care, understanding how to work with people and getting them the help they need?
- Can you provide evidence of at least 6-12 months of experience working at least 20 hours a week remotely?
LearnCube perks and path
- Freedom to live wherever you like as long as you have reliable internet and a permanent residence.
- Annual all-expenses-paid team trip to an exciting location in Europe (when it's properly safe to travel again).
- A clear career path to lead part of our development and product team as we grow.
- We offer a supportive, safe and fun work environment. Whatever gender, race, sexuality, nationality, religion, education, languages or quirks you have (or don’t), we don’t mind. Just bring strong values of honesty, trust, grit, motivation, and energy.
- We’ll provide a monthly contribution towards your home-office or favourite local co-working space.
- Loads of opportunity for professional development.
- Oh… and you’ll feel much more motivated knowing you’re changing the world for the better; improving both the access to and quality of education across the world.
Aside from the non-negotiables, please don’t worry if you can’t check absolutely every criteria above (you’re probably more awesome than you think).
Apply now and work remotely at LearnCubeApply
Senior Frontend Engineer
We, at Octopods (https://octopods.io), are a small, sharp-focused and deliberate team. We built Octopods to connect businesses using live chat software (like Intercom) to the most popular messaging channels out there (like WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, etc). We started small, and we want to keep staying small, bootstrapped, and very profitable. But we do dream big, and we have plenty of big plans. We want to tackle our next set of exciting challenges in the next years to come and this is where YOU come in the picture, we want your help for us to do so.
About the role,
We are looking to hire a Senior Frontend Engineer to join our small distributed team around different parts of Ireland, Canada and other spots around the world. Ideally, we are looking for a frontend generalist, someone who can wear many hats, someone who is pragmatic, and most importantly, who thinks from first principles (https://fs.blog/2018/04/first-principles). We work remotely, and so this is a 100% remote role. You can choose to work anywhere you'd like having at least 6 hours overlapping with GMT+0.
Here are few pieces of work you will have a chance to work on,
Lead our frontend engineering efforts and set the bar for our Senior Frontend Engineer.
Architecting our monolithic frontend for our new upcoming suite of products.
Building omnichannel conversational experiences for businesses to communicate with their customers.
Building a chatbot designer or editor from scratch to support major business messaging channels.
Founding a design system for our suite of new upcoming products.
Building or choosing a UI Kit and wrap it up with framework components.
Collaborating tightly with our Product Designer to solve complex design problems, empathetically.
And a few more equally exciting and challenging projects!
A little bit about what we think can be a good fit for us,
You worked extensively with Vue.js or React.js in the last 4 years & above.
You worked & architected data flow patterns with a front-end app.
You worked with WebSockets, and/or realtime web technologies.
You worked with REST, GraphQL APIs and you can put an argument for using one over the other.
You understand the value of writing tests, as an investment for the future.
You worked & grokked with Webpack and can set up reliable build pipelines.
You have solid HTML5 + CSS3 foundations.
You worked on a SaaS product before, and you understand the Laws of UX well.
You did some work with Ruby. The more exposed you are to it, the merrier.
You write your code with empathy for your fellow Engineers, and for future readers.
You have are self-driven, and can self-manage.
You can write and communicate in English succinctly. You wrote technical plans before, we do write a lot.
You love to take on complex problems, and you don't shy away from fixing issues.
You have some remote experience, and you understand its challenges.
You can take, and give feedback openly.
You are kind, and there is ≥5% a chance we will see you smile. :)
You like to work in a small team, and have direct ownership of your work.
You think of technology, not as an ideology but rather as means to push value into the world.
Your engineering skills are as important as your entrepreneurial skills to us. We value frontend generalists who can take a problem from its most ambiguous state and deliver its end value to solve a real world problem for our customers.
About pay & benefits,
A salary up to 4,000$ per month or up to 48,000$ yearly (USD).
1 full-month yearly bonus subject to yearly performance.
Reimbursing your monthly internet bill.
A new laptop and equipment that you will need.
100% remote, stress-free and friendly environment.
We don't have managers, we will work to enable you be successful and get out of the way.
You'll have the opportunity to have a massive impact due to our size and being an early stage.
If you'd like to work with us, send us your resume, and a personal message. :)
If we feel like we can work together, we will send you an email with the next steps.
Apply now and work remotely at Octopods